Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government (13644 Views)

Boko Haram Demands '$50M Ransom' For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls / Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal / Senate Inflates Remodelling Projects Debts By N26bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by IgweAni: 9:41am On Feb 02, 2013
Chineke ekwele ife ojò.

This is what you get when you encourage criminal elements. They pick arms, cause havoc and yet you pay them off.

My believe is that these bunch of idõts have already been defeated and they are now trying to grab anything they can before running away.
Their leader is injured and fled to Mali, the bombardment of malicious is getting too much and the slowpoke is broke. The only way of escape is now to make demands through whoever.

My Questions :
1. Why did they reject the former proposal of dialogue?
2. Which of their factions is asking for settlement now?
3. Who is negotiating this deal? Borno elders? Borno government?
4. So, all these while BH has a face that even some government aides in Borno state knows?
5. Who will compensate the families that these fools have cut short the lives of their loved ones?

DONT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS!

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by HAH: 9:41am On Feb 02, 2013
Namadi Sambo is going to Maiduguri today to seal the negotiations.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by moscomoney: 9:44am On Feb 02, 2013
Bombers at it again.

After sluaghtering of humans like animals for years. Now its the time to dialogu. Rubish!!!
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by franchizy(m): 9:52am On Feb 02, 2013
I think d monetary compensation, negotiation / dialogue or amnesty wil amount to fraud cos those dat wil b used for dis purpose wil want to enrich themselves. The best option is to seek 4 an international asistance and flush d boko Haram sects, considering d number of innocent Nigerians dy ve killed and other damages on properties.if d govt mistakenly dole out any money, Boko Haram wil use d money to renforce and wil cause more mayem in the country. These guys are heartless
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by timmymc06: 9:58am On Feb 02, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]even d brono state is part of d BH. angryeven d brono state is part of d BH.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by olu070706(m): 10:02am On Feb 02, 2013
I know it will boil down to this, this BH issue is just the northerner's way of responding to amnesty in the Niger Delta. Now, they are demanding for their own share of the "NATIONAL CAKE". Once they get paid now, believe me, another group will spring up and start wasting lives and they will subsequently ask for settlement.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by nduchucks: 10:03am On Feb 02, 2013
N25 billion is a lot of money but not too much of a price for peace. Lets remember that MEND was appeased through NNDC via N250billion in 2012 alone. That is not counting billions of naira that was spend on appeasement contracts awarded to Tompolo and other MEND generals. Asari who did not get much money has already gone on self exile cheesy

Pay these people off and lets have peace.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Orikinla(m): 10:10am On Feb 02, 2013
THE BIGGEST JOKE OF THE YEAR.

WHATEVER RELIGION THAT CREATES MONSTERS LIKE THESE MUTANTS SHOULD BE SCARY.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Jesuspikin87(m): 10:11am On Feb 02, 2013
Dont be fooled GEJ!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by ozodimgba(m): 10:11am On Feb 02, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: A terrorist is a terrorist...very soon if FG should pay the igbos, will start their own eze haram or chineke haram ...oooo now dat its an issuie of money....
shame on ur generation, shamless bigot u shall hav no peace idiaaaat.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by gerald09(m): 10:13am On Feb 02, 2013
Dear FG, do not give in to terrorist. BH have no leverage over you, they destroyed their homes, killed women and children for no jt cause, destroyed their businesses crippled their economy now they want the you guys to pay for their stupidity. If you pay this people be ready to have the country in a serious mess cos
1st other terrorist group will spring up in matter of days,
2nd the masses will come against you for the death of the innocent hard working Nigerians that has bin killed by this so call drunk terrorist
3rd hw sure are you that the money will really go for what they say they want it for, remember they may need the money to increase and advance their terrorising
4th who is to say the other smaller section will cease fire too.
The borno state govt is in support of this lame demand, the question is WHY? Borno state is not the only state that is suffering hardship duo to the terrorising it own people. If the pay BH every state will have to get its own 26billion.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 02, 2013
ndu_chucks: N25 billion is a lot of money but not too much of a price for peace. Lets remember that MEND was appeased through NNDC via N250billion in 2012 alone. That is not counting billions of naira that was spend on appeasement contracts awarded to Tompolo and other MEND generals. Asari who did not get much money has already gone on self exile cheesy

Are you for real? Negotiation with islamic terrorists is a recipe for disaster.

Their ideology will simply not allow them to settle for peace, instead they will use the money to buy more arms, recruit more followers etc so that they can wreck more havoc.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by cheleku(m): 10:17am On Feb 02, 2013
234GT: The police pension thief stole 27 billion. FG should just collect the money from the thief and give 26 billion to BH. If the stolen 27 billion goes back to FG, it will end up being stolen again. The only issue is that if BH gets their demand, another militant group would spring up and demand for 50 billion after wasting innocent lives.
So what happens to the policeman who is retired and entiled to a pension?
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by omicron(m): 10:19am On Feb 02, 2013
centje: hahahaha...is the promo still on grin
lol, ask the sponsors
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by gemini35(m): 10:25am On Feb 02, 2013
if the fg compensate them and left the ibos it means the marginalization is at it peak,i lost my uncle in borno a very hansome guy , they should also compensate the ibos that lost the business,and properties,i,bet u we aint gona take it,
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by onnairaland(f): 10:28am On Feb 02, 2013
hmmmmmh.......... What compensation goes to d souls lost in d attacks? What can dey do with money if not to restore their lost arms? What businesses was destroyed, d bomb factories? Hmmmmmh........ sad
I'm dumbfounded.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by LADIbaba(m): 10:30am On Feb 02, 2013
They destroyed their homes in the fight for Allah, they killed their people in the fight for Allah and now they demand money for what? SHouldn't this money be demand from Allah instead of the Nigerian Govt (the major enemies)
In my opinion, This should serve as a deterrent for anyone who wants to attempt suicide for Allah or destroy for Allah.. Who takes care of your family when you are gone? Who rebuilds your homes? How about the people you killed along with your worthless life Who soothes their pains? what amount of compensation can one demand from Boko Haram
I believe Allah created you not for suicide. Poor families cannot be taken care of anymore because their heads of homes were sacrificed by selfish lunatics who thought Nigeria was only as big as their backyard. Maybe (although i doubt very much) the selfish men are enjoying virgins right now in their grave meanwhile their families are suffering here on earth
The prayer of a righteous man...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 02, 2013
Hypocrite!!!
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by nduchucks: 10:33am On Feb 02, 2013
kmcutez:

Are you for real? Negotiation with islamic terrorists is a recipe for disaster.

Their ideology will simply not allow them to settle for peace, instead they will use the money to buy more arms, recruit more followers etc so that they can wreck more havoc.

You appear to be a smart lady, please enlighten me on what this "islamic terrorist" ideology of Boko Haram is. You also seem to know how the over N250 billion annual payment to MEND through NNDC is spent, I'll appreciate it if you tell me where that money goes, and what percentage is spent on arms.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by loswhite(m): 10:33am On Feb 02, 2013
Akshow: Since the government has thus far been unable to solve the evil act of this extremists, negotiation in my opinion is the best option. A govt that has failed to protect the life of Its citizen but can squander money on unnecessary projects should not hesitate to say this evil people since they cant guarantee life and property of their citizen
n u tink dat will solve d problem .pay dem n dey buy more weapons or better still another group spring up. D government did not handle d issue of mend properly dats y we r goin to continue to have different militant. Afterall ppl r paid 4 killing ppl n burning houses in Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by onnairaland(f): 10:34am On Feb 02, 2013
[/color][color=#006600](quote author=ndu_chucks]N25 billion is a lot of money but not too much of a price for peace. Lets remember that MEND was appeased through NNDC via N250billion in 2012 alone. That is not counting billions of naira that was spend on appeasement contracts awarded to Tompolo and other MEND generals. Asari who did not get much money has already gone on self exile cheesy

Pay these people off and lets have peace. [/quote]

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! lipsrsealed *with afinger on my lips*
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by playto(m): 10:37am On Feb 02, 2013
26 billion naira for what? What about the families of the innocent people dey av destroyed.wud dey be compesated too? Thr activities is gradually coming to an end cos dey lack man power and ammunition...disburbing dis amount means refreshement for d sect
They beliv GEJ administration wud be ova soon, so mk dem chop moni sharp sharp before thr ppl resume seat of power.(D ppl who created dem initially)
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Noiseless2: 10:39am On Feb 02, 2013
Malam HELL RUFAI/NDU_CHUCKS and CO have hammered, killing christians to get rich on top of many stolen oil wells.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by sweetrace(f): 10:41am On Feb 02, 2013
Finally! I've always wondered what boko haram was all about. It's just money and power. Utter nonsense! Are they holding Nigeria to ransom? Do they honestly believe that they should be compensated for killing people who did absolutely nothing to them? Did they think they could start a war and not suffer any casualities? Then they should have counted the cost before they even started.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by loswhite(m): 10:41am On Feb 02, 2013
onnairaland: quote author=ndu_chucks]N25 billion is a lot of money but not too much of a price for peace. Lets remember that MEND was appeased through NNDC via N250billion in 2012 alone. That is not counting billions of naira that was spend on appeasement contracts awarded to Tompolo and other MEND generals. Asari who did not get much money has already gone on self exile cheesy

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! lipsrsealed *with afinger on my lips*
it is funny hw u ppl tink.we pay mend off and yet no peace we will still pay bokoharam and yet there will be no peace why because u choose to pay dem. mend is not up to 5 percent of d Niger delta youth.so by paying dem off for committing violence wat message r u sending to d remaining 95 percent.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by DukeNija(m): 10:41am On Feb 02, 2013
Negotiating with Boko-Haram will be Nigerias biggest Mistake.

The Sect needs serious funding. How can you give a terrorist group #6Billion? What will they use it for?
Buy new weapons? Open new Bomb factories? Get New Suv's.
What will you give to the Families of those they killed? #10Trillion Naira?

Any government that pays such huge amount to terrorists without certainty of ceaseFire other than word of mouth is responsible for the death of thousands of Nigeria.
EOD!!
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by DukeNija(m): 10:46am On Feb 02, 2013
And to all those FOol$ calling MEND, do you remember there was disarmarment?
Dropping of arms and complete surrender of all MEND guerrillas?

Registeration of militants and collection of all weaponry?

If Boko-Haram is serious about truce, they should give themselves up as well as their weapons and Bomb factory locations.

Then there can be rehabilitation.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 02, 2013
N26b gini? Unpon the number of people they slaughtered. So they need compensation for killing innocent lives?. FG should not pay these money if not they should keep 100B for me.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by theripper2: 10:48am On Feb 02, 2013
ndu_chucks: N25 billion is a lot of money but not too much of a price for peace. Lets remember that MEND was appeased through NNDC via N250billion in 2012 alone. That is not counting billions of naira that was spend on appeasement contracts awarded to Tompolo and other MEND generals. Asari who did not get much money has already gone on self exile cheesy

Not when Boko Haram feel they are doing their islamic god a favour by killing infidels. Pay them off and further their plans of equipping them with more sophisticated weapons and ready to die minions. Me thinks they are dwindling and JTF is really fcukking dem up.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by MadLion: 10:50am On Feb 02, 2013
All u do is to sit behind ur PC and vent ur anger here but none of u here is willing to sacrifice n prove to da government dat enuff is enuff. SPINELESS WIMPS grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin angry angry angry grin grin angry angry grin angry grin angry angry grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by aniyphil: 10:53am On Feb 02, 2013
omicron: It's a pity. I think the Nigerian goverment is running a kind of promo with the national wealth: Bomb Nigerian churches and kill thousands of citizens and get 26billion naira cash! Steal 27billion naira and pay 750k back! Proudly supported by The federal govt, borno state goverment, efcc, the judiciary!! Offer valid why stock lasts! Smh

...I share your thoughts . . .this promo will remain valid as long as we have a system of government that holds no one accountable for their misdeeds...come to think of it . . .how can the government hold anyone accountable when they can't even account for their own misdeeds ! undecided

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Psylas(m): 10:54am On Feb 02, 2013
Nigeria govt, fighting terrorism in another country while negotiatin wit terrorists in our owcon3

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka / President Kagame Has Arrived In Abuja, Nigeria For June 12 / Court Reinstates 8 Permanent Secretaries Sacked By Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.