Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government (13643 Views)

Boko Haram Demands '$50M Ransom' For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls / Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal / Senate Inflates Remodelling Projects Debts By N26bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by drnoel: 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
Raggedy_Ann: Why should they be compensated by the Government? They are radicals fighting for a course they believe in (no matter how deluded that might seem), but if that's the case, there are always sacrifices to be made. The country didn't sanction their activities. The issue of compensation is mighty far-fetched and only in Nigeria would it even be contemplated.

If there's talk of compensation, it has to go to the families of citizens our Govt failed to protect from these criminals.

We set a tragic precedence by compensating the niger-delta millitants, but even at that the situation with BH is much more severe. This cease fire thing together with the demand for 26b is highly suspect. And it would be the joke of the century if the govt gave them the time to regroup while funding their next attacks.

Stop rewarding crime! Stop making it lucrative! It`s like feeding a monster that keeps getting bigger and bigger....you can't win. Starve him and maybe you'll have a chance.

don't deceive urself. It has always being all about the money..
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by guttentag(m): 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
KILL DEM ALL... No money for cowards
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by loswhite(m): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
chief batiatus: Am so disappointed at the poster, so how does niger delta militants compare to BH? Niger delta were not killing people of other religions? They were not killing anybody standing by the road, all their hostages were released unharmed even to the extent that the BBC news mentioned it. And lastly they were fighting a just course which is right to a better life and lastly they are the source of our money. Did niger delta ask for anything foreign to be killed? Did they ask the president to convert to their religion? Did they bomb a single mosque or church? You are the most disappointing poster with of course the lowest IQ since nairaland was created. people you now see how bigoted muslims think?
i agree wit u but I disagree on d part dat u said Niger delta militants r fighting 4 a just course.d so called development dat they claimed to b fighting for was js to get public support frm d ppl n it worked.they hav accepted moni n abandon the course or can u define payment of moni to 5 percent of d Niger delta youth to kip dem frm picking up arms against d government as development.by paying mend and amnesty progrAm d federal government js open d door to formation of more militants group
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by confusion247(m): 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
ndu_chucks: N25 billion is a lot of money but not too much of a price for peace. Lets remember that MEND was appeased through NNDC via N250billion in 2012 alone. That is not counting billions of naira that was spend on appeasement contracts awarded to Tompolo and other MEND generals. Asari who did not get much money has already gone on self exile cheesy

Pay these people off and lets have peace.
MEND was fighting injustice, environmental degradation and pollution, resource control, and maintaining international standards in oil exploration in Niger delta. Please kindly tell us what boko haram is fighting for. MEND never attacked any church, mosque, market place or school. MEND never attacked telecommunication installations in Niger Delta. Boko haram did all that, over 3000 innocent Nigerians lost their lives to boko haram. Now you want federal govt to pay boko haram For all this crimes. Just examine your brain.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by confusion247(m): 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
loswhite: i agree wit u but I disagree on d part dat u said Niger delta militants r fighting 4 a just course.d so called development dat they claimed to b fighting for was js to get public support frm d ppl n it worked.they hav accepted moni n abandon the course or can u define payment of moni to 5 percent of d Niger delta youth to kip dem frm picking up arms against d government as development.by paying mend and amnesty progrAm d federal government js open d door to formation of more militants group
You are right. Federal govt paid money to MEND in error. What federal govt should have done was to develop Niger delta and deal decisively with MEND. What prevents MASSOB from following the footsteps and operating system of boko haram to get the attention of federal govt? Say no to dialogue with terrorists. Say no to the demands of terrorists.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by confusion247(m): 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2013
loswhite: imagine a fool calling sumbody fool hav Boko haram told u dat after they reach a deal they won't accept disarmament . Mend is not up to 5 percent of Niger delta youth but yet they were compensated 4 vandalizing pipes .mend claimed they were fighting 4 development hw is paying of abt 5 percent of Niger delta youth development
Please which of these offense is worse. Pipeline vandalism and killing of over 3000 innocent lives?
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Rusau: 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
I am a Primary school teacher. I am sleeping without minimum wage in my state (BENUE STATE) let me eat first.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by playto(m): 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
grin grin
Rusau: I am a Primary school teacher. I am sleeping without minimum wage in my state (BENUE STATE) let me eat first.
Beta join boko haram so dat u cn av a share of d moni.grin ;
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by grandstar(m): 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
Boko Haram is murderous because they are zealous fighters doing so for a religious cause. If others "rise up" because of money to "take over" from them, they will soon peter out. It will be unsustainable.

Anyway you have it, I believe that the States will pay up but the FG may continue sitting on the fence on this one. The money from the States may be enough if their truly interested in ending the suffering caused by their insurgency.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Chamber10(m): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
[quote author=mu2sa2]See hypocrisy! Why is FG rewarding niger delta terrorists with over 250 billion naira? When ex-gov sheriff started using police to kill hitherto peaceful boko haram members the FG turned a blind eye until things went haywire. 26 billion to rehabilitate not only bh members but also thousands of innocent people including women and children unjustly slained by security operatives. 26 billion is small change for a single thieving politician to steal. All the orphans and widows and indeed everyone who was victim of the disturbances across the North must be rehabilitated/compensated in a just and fair manner - this is the only recipe for lasting peace. [/

I am yet to understand ur point here. What exactly are u and ur boys fighting for? -that western education is sin? Abi? Now after killing innocent people, u want compensation bc MEND was compensated? Is that how u want to share the oil money? Let God Judge u and ur Boko boys
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by DrSadikMagaji(m): 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
Dreal1247: Ar u sure dey ar not sourcing 4 money 2 acquire more weapons. Even if d federal govt is going 2 agree 2 dis terms, atrusted group of people should manage it 4 dem. And d money shouldnt b given 2dem @ 1ce, but in bits .
You are wise bro, u think positively
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
who compensates the dead that boko-haram killed
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by obi2012: 6:12pm On Feb 02, 2013
this is painful to read.. They are only going to come back stronger than ever... Never negotiate with terrorists.. They are going to reinforce and then come back and show people pepper...
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by ayd91(m): 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
WHY NOT?
GIVE WHAT BELONGS TO CEASER TO CEASER and when you are done, i will raise my own group and ask for my share. Lol.
On a serious note. Justice in this country has lost its way. I mean look around and you'll see it.
IS THIS BORNU STATE'S WAY OF SOLVING POVERTY IN THE STATE?
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by dokunbam(m): 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2013
Imagine these fools again. I cant imagine this. For rainforcement abi. They are bunch of scumbags
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
[size=18pt]And the thousands they killed will be raised from their graves[/size]

No?

How can the govt agree to supply money to terrorists
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Tolexander: 8:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
mu2sa2: See hypocrisy! Why is FG rewarding niger delta terrorists with over 250 billion naira? When ex-gov sheriff started using police to kill hitherto peaceful boko haram members the FG turned a blind eye until things went haywire. 26 billion to rehabilitate not only bh members but also thousands of innocent people including women and children unjustly slained by security operatives. 26 billion is small change for a single thieving politician to steal. All the orphans and widows and indeed everyone who was victim of the disturbances across the North must be rehabilitated/compensated in a just and fair manner - this is the only recipe for lasting peace.
there is a dichotomy between this and sense cos i don't really understand what your point is. MEND is agitating for the developement of their land base on the effect of oil spillage, land and air pollution. Tell me what is the agenda and motives of the BOKO HARAMS!
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Mishydoo(m): 9:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
Duke_Nija: And to all those FOol$ calling MEND, do you remember there was disarmarment?
Dropping of arms and complete surrender of all MEND guerrillas?

Registeration of militants and collection of all weaponry?

If Boko-Haram is serious about truce, they should give themselves up as well as their weapons and Bomb factory locations.

Then there can be rehabilitation.
Xcellent!!!Ur the only one who has said somthing tangible!...if GEJ gives in to this it'll be ɑ disaster!Terrorists cannot dictate to Govt,terms and conditions must be met first!
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Burger01(m): 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
kobo and chin chin you no go get. Cattle f@uc@king bastards... Its now about compensation..... no more virgin in islamabad?
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
Terrorism is BIG Business, the people that invested into BH, once the gets this money na much profit o. Our country is damned, expect more terrorist group to sprung up soon.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
26BILLION NAIRA IS TOO SMALL,PLS FG GIVE THEM AT LEAST 100TRILLION DOLLARS.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Capnd143(m): 1:22am On Feb 03, 2013
Looking in a military and technically angle at the situation at hand, i would prefer the american adage ;
"we dont negotiate with terrorist" . The group said itself that it had factions!! In the event of a cease fire agreement and a possible truce, whats the guarantee those 'demonic maggotic biggotic abokistic islamist' have that the rebel faction wont secceed to continue their ethno-religious voilence.
If any 26 billion is to be paid those bigots must first surrender their arms, accept amnesty and possible continue with their mirage the call Life. I am the council for the accused(FG), i raise my case.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by basty: 3:21am On Feb 03, 2013
The heat is much
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by phoneport247: 3:30am On Feb 03, 2013
IS THIS A COUNTRY OR A SHAME?
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Austinleo: 4:12am On Feb 03, 2013
The problem with nigerian government is that they might not think very well about this stupid and impossible demands of these animals (boko haram). They only need federal funds to recruit more and nothing more and to get more amunitions to perpetrate evil. If they want compesation for dead members, because they started all these act of violence, with no reasonable reason. Let them first give to the families of all those that has been affected by their ungodly and violent acts compensation. Are you kidding me people? Comon let's wake up how can sango ask for fire. Federal Govt, don't be so stupid and foolish to give in to what will be your downfall. THINK TWICE BEFORE U ACCEPT or ur going to face more problem in the future.....
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 03, 2013
Once this ransom of N26b is paid to the Boko Haramists, you can be sure that other groups will emerge, this time from the middle belt, to start a fight and later ask for reparation. Its a better way of making money without necessarily stealing and be jailed, so the vicious cycle of insecurity continues from all parts of the country until it leads to a break up of Naija. But the solution is for government to provide jobs, electoral reforms, kill corruption, enforce rule of law, eschew stealing and avoid governing with impunity. Once people are gainfully employed and rulers rule with the fear of God and obedience to the constitution, sectional agitations will abate and there will be graveyard peace everywhere. Will our leaders ever take this piece of advice?
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by Edwinejembi: 4:22pm On Feb 03, 2013
I'm sure that 26b must be their 2013 bugdet.
Re: Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government by knockles(m): 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
Boko Haram and allied sects are cash trap......this is obvious.These ANIMALS are planing to replenish operating funds from FG for another phase of destructions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ize-Iyamu Still Under Probe –EFCC / Reno Omokri Rants That Lai Mohammed Is A Liar From The Pit Of Hell (video) / Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.