Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,759 members, 7,959,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia (8302 Views)

Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola / Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast / Patience Jonathan Calls For Peace In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Maxymilliano(m): 8:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
The Federal Government has asked for a stay of execution of those on death row for drug related offenses and financial crimes in Indonesia, while the two countries explore ways for the exchange of prisoners and mutual legal assistance.

In a 27-point communique joint communique issued at the end of bilateral talks between President Goodluck Jonathan and his Indonesian counterpart President Susilo Yudhoyono which noted with delight that Nigeria and Indonesia are committed to strengthening their relations.

The two leaders expressed satisfaction with the steady growth of friendly relations in the past 48 years and a commitment to expand in various fields.

They also welcomed the signing of MoU to combat drug abuse and illicit trafficking in narcotics. Nigeria’s president was said to have told his visitor to soft pedal on the execution of Nigerians on death row in Indonesia pending their legal mutual agreements.

Some of the areas of cooperation include agriculture, security, peace keeping, as well as trade and investments.

On his part, the Indonesian president promised to cooperate with Nigeria in agriculture, trade and investment.

Both presidents agreed that Nigeria and Indonesia would share best practices and capacity building in the achievements of the millennium development goals.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/02/02/jonathan-calls-for-stay-of-execution-of-nigerians-in-indonesia/
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
Great move GEJ, its about time. No country shld have the right to execute nigerians. They shld bring em bak to Nigeria for trial.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
Commendable move by GEJ.

Critics will unfortunately not see this, revealing them for what they are; losers.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by OmoTier1(m): 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
val_dee: Commendable move by GEJ.

Critics will unfortunately not see this, revealing them for what they are; losers.
When has any GEJ's pronouncement solved anything? Do you think Indonesians are as stupid as GEJ appears to be? A serious government would highlight how she intends to address the issue head on by agreeing for those prisoners to be transferred to Nigeria to serve their prison terms and set forth an outline of when this will be achieved.

I am sorry, I can't buy into anything GEJ says because He speaks for the moment!

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by gbanikiti(m): 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
When has any GEJ's pronouncement solved anything? Do you think Indonesians are as stupid as GEJ appears to be? A serious government would highlight how she intends to address the issue head on by agreeing for those prisoners to be transferred to Nigeria to serve their prison terms and set forth an outline of when this will be achieved.

I am sorry, I can't buy into anything GEJ says because He speaks for the moment!
well said!
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by KokoBeware: 12:30am On Feb 03, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

If he didnt do or say anything you for still talk... soo No worriess...

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2013
KokoBeware:

That my friend, is their problem.

How is he gonna please these guys with their penchant for fault finding.

Sometimes I wonder what our oppossition really stand for.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
Good move,the culprits should be allowed to do their time in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by nonsom(m): 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
This is a plus to mr. president. After you guys will be questioning for his achievements.
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by OmoTier1(m): 8:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
KokoBeware:

It is stupid for a man with power and in power to speak words and not back it up with actions! Where you not alive when the same GEJ said by June 2012 Boko Haram will be a thing of the past? Is Boko Haram not killing so many Nigerians even till today? Where you not alive when the same GEJ unashamedly told lies both in local and international press that Dokpesi was behind the bomb blast in Abuja on October 1st and that He will be made to face the full weight of the law? Do you expect me to take such a man serious when all His pronouncement in the past amounted to nothing?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by OmoTier1(m): 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2013
nonsom: This is a plus to mr. president. After you guys will be questioning for his achievements.
What is a plus on a mere pronouncement that has no legal frame work behind it? Do you think any foreign government would listen to GEJ and act just because He said so? You better wake up from your stupor...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Rhino5dm: 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2013
Stay of what? Hey jona, this isn't typical Abuja high court where thieves are granted option of paying 20 naira after stealing 33 billion naira.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by chucky234(m): 8:55am On Feb 04, 2013
val_dee: Commendable move by GEJ.

what comical Goon
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 05, 2013
chucky234: what comical Goon

Headless I must admit.
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Asis(m): 1:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
Na wa o
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by neksummi(m): 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nice move by Mr. President. Let them be brought home to serve prison term here.
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by MadCow1: 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
Very great move by President Jonathan..

However, those found guilty should face the law fair and square.. If they indeed trafficked drugs, then execution is allowed. They knew the penalties of their actions yet went ahead to violate the laws of the land. I will never support crime. If the Indonesian law stipulates death for drug trafficking, then death to all traffickers..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Lbrasi: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
What is a plus on a mere pronouncement that has no legal frame work behind it? Do you think any foreign government would listen to GEJ and act just because He said so? You better wake up from your stupor...
please tell him o.Lawlessness is not tolerated everywhere.
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Burger01(m): 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2013
Stay of execution of Nigerians!!! Do you want to corrupt Indonesia with lawlessness? Indonesia is not a country like Nigeria where every Jack and Harry could joke with laws that be and go scot-free.... If Nigerians in Indonesia are found guilty of any contravening law then they should dance Azonto the music..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by tomakint: 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
No matter what Jonathan offers positively some goons have confined him into the darkest parts of their hears as a 'misfit' I will be in the sidelines grinning at goons as Jonathan is eventually returned come 2015! I wonder how you expect a mortal to 'fix' the rot that has been bedeviling this country for the past 30 something years in just 2 years undecided I just wonder how our youths reason cool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by AZeD1(m): 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2013
liberty300: Great move GEJ, its about time. No country shld have the right to execute nigerians. They shld bring em bak to Nigeria for trial.
Drug peddling in Indonesia carries the death penalty and those foolish Nigerians refused to behave. They should face the music.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by OmoEziokwu: 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
Lol Mazi_Omenuko and his campaign to stop the censorship of the Sexuality section ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha cheesy cheesy cheesy I feel you bro.
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Capnd143(m): 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
TO ALL THOSE THAT calls Gej a slowpoke_: i hope you arent sleeping! The man is fumbling but he is really trying!
Long live the president
long live Nigeria
long live Nairaland!
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by OluEmmaAss: 2:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
Thank God he interfered in this!
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Ozichim(m): 2:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
Obj failed to render help when an under-aged Nigerian was executred in Indonesis sometime ago. I commend GEJ move. This is a true spirit of patrotism.
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Ozichim(m): 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2013
A-ZeD:

Drug peddling in Indonesia carries the death penalty and those foolish Nigerians refused to behave. They should face the music.

This magomago man want Nigerians executed even-if the drug peddlers have asked for mercy. U are real magomago patrotic Nigerman. U may not get mercy when U need one.
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Ozichim(m): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
A-ZeD:

This magomago man want Nigerians executed even-if the drug peddlers have asked for mercy. U are real magomago patrotic Nigerman. U may not get mercy when U need one.
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by achi4u(m): 2:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
Yomieluv: Good move,the culprits should be allowed to do their time in Nigeria.
Or even hang them here in nigeria.

who cares
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by Idokojimmy: 2:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
This is what a president who has the interest of his people at heart does. He goes all out to protect them Welldone GEJ. They must not die in their hands.
Re: Jonathan Calls For Stay Of Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia by tomakint: 2:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
Idokojimmy: This is what a president who has the interest of his people at heart does. He goes all out to protect them Welldone GEJ. They must not die in their hands.
I can't remember the numbers of Nigerians wasted by foreign governments during the Obasanjo's inglorious reign, the case of then 19-year old Tochukwu came to mind, while Mbeki was able to get the South Africans caught along this Nigerian out of the 'noose' Obasanjo was busy 'negotiating' from Abuja, I can bet this man will deliver! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] / Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities / We Are Not Aware Of Plans To Suspend Ambode From Party- APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.