Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership (23904 Views)

The First Nairaland Inspired Real Estate Project / Nairaland Property Experts, I Need Your Help. / Nairaland Property User Update: Report 3 Ads Per Day Estate Agent Violators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Mar 02, 2013
More votes needed to complete this process and come up with figures later. The voting should be rounding off today? How do you see it?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by kingboy(m): 5:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
kingboy: IM IN ON THIS WITH SPIDER LETS SEE HOW IT GOES.
@SPYDAMAN IM SUGGESTING THIS BLOCK OF FLATS BUILT FOR EXPERTRATE LIKE THAT IN IKOYI, V.I WITH B/Q AT THE BACK. ITS A GOOD INVESTMENT THAT YOUR RETURNS COME QUICKER THAN IMAGINE

Welcome my man, please elaborate for clearer understanding, is the block of flats for sale or for rent? Thank you.

@SPIDA, I DID NOT BOTHER TALKING ABOUT MY PROPOSAL BECAUSE AFTER TALKING WITH A FRIEND I WAS MADE TO KNOW THAT IT COST ALMOST A FORTUNE TO BUILD BUT THE REWARD/PROFIT IS GREAT, LONG TIME.IT IS FOR RENT BECAUSE THE EXPERTRATE IN MY OFFICE PAYS AS MUCH AS 10 MILL PER ANUM IN IKOYI/BOURDILLON/V.I.

LETS KICK START THIS one first and from there we;ll roll
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by princeonx: 2:11am On Mar 03, 2013
spyder880: Now 14 members...... And counting.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 6:18am On Mar 03, 2013
After some weeks of voting, this is the way the results stand.

The question of whether we build a bungalow or duplex first drew 20 votes. 17 of the votes supported that we build a bungalow first while 3 votes wanted us to build duplexes. This means that more of us wants a bungalow to be built first as a start. This should be noted by the committee as deliberations will soon start.

The next 4 questions were about the venue, or the medium of convening the first meeting. 16 votes were for teleconferencing, 13 wanted a physical meeting in Lagos while Enugu and Abuja polled 9 and 4 respectively. Clearly we should be making arrangements to see the best medium to call each other and talk this out to know how best to proceed.

On the question of where we build our first house, Lagos and Enugu are tied at 13 votes each, while PH and Abuja got 5 and 3 votes respectively. The choice is clearly between Enugu and Lagos, and today, I will use some few points to compare the two cities in terms of profitability, taking into consideration the amount we expect to raise.

The option of adding more to your contribution does not seem to be very popular as only 8 votes went there. I am also against it, let's work within an agreed budget of N10m.

Since setting up a mail address for the project was a popular idea among the voters (21 votes) I have already set up the mail and members are already registering. That one is done now.

N500k as the minimum contribution to buy a single lot is the more popular choice, polling 21 votes, while N1m as the minimum lot size polled 9 votes. We go with the N500k option.

By polling 16 votes, it is clear many participants want this registered with CAC. We will make arrangements to do this as soon as possible.

We are already complying with question number 16, which we asked if a list of participants be displayed. 18 votes were collected on this. The first list is for interested members, the next will be for those that have already complied with the payments so we can start off.

Since 19 votes are of the opinion that we form a committee to oversee the actual constructions, I think it is clear that we must set up a committee as well.

Hiring professionals is good, but expensive for a fledging organization like the one we intend to form. But since up to 13 votes are in support of that option, we age going to involve lawyers, architects, engineers and surveyors.

There were not enough votes to support the building of 4 flats of 3 bedrooms to be sold as units. Only 5 votes were in support of that. We are going with the bungalow option for now and maybe change the type of building as we progress.

These were the main points of the voting process, the results are out so I suggest we stop the votes now. The points that are tied (like the first city to build the house) will be decided later today as more analysis will be made to compare the two cities.

I thank all of you who participated in the voting process, this shows we can do something together as a people. Business partnerships are the way to go as we can pull funds together and do thigs which might be difficult to achieve individually. Within me, I feel this is going to be a huge success, we should only take steps to handle it with the care it deserves.

Comments expected, happy weekend allcheesy grin
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Junapril(m): 7:01am On Mar 03, 2013
great work by @spyder, may i please know who he committees are.?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 8:00am On Mar 03, 2013
Junapril: great work by @spyder, may i please know who he committees are.?

The committee is yet to be formed, that was why I said the next step is a teleconference to decide the few remaining grey areas of the results.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by rastaman20(m): 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
spyder880: After some weeks of voting, this is the way the results stand.

The question of whether we build a bungalow or duplex first drew 20 votes. 17 of the votes supported that we build a bungalow first while 3 votes wanted us to build duplexes. This means that more of us wants a bungalow to be built first as a start. This should be noted by the committee as deliberations will soon start.

The next 4 questions were about the venue, or the medium of convening the first meeting. 16 votes were for teleconferencing, 13 wanted a physical meeting in Lagos while Enugu and Abuja polled 9 and 4 respectively. Clearly we should be making arrangements to see the best medium to call each other and talk this out to know how best to proceed.

On the question of where we build our first house, Lagos and Enugu are tied at 13 votes each, while PH and Abuja got 5 and 3 votes respectively. The choice is clearly between Enugu and Lagos, and today, I will use some few points to compare the two cities in terms of profitability, taking into consideration the amount we expect to raise.

The option of adding more to your contribution does not seem to be very popular as only 8 votes went there. I am also against it, let's work within an agreed budget of N10m.

Since setting up a mail address for the project was a popular idea among the voters (21 votes) I have already set up the mail and members are already registering. That one is done now.

N500k as the minimum contribution to buy a single lot is the more popular choice, polling 21 votes, while N1m as the minimum lot size polled 9 votes. We go with the N500k option.

By polling 16 votes, it is clear many participants want this registered with CAC. We will make arrangements to do this as soon as possible.

We are already complying with question number 16, which we asked if a list of participants be displayed. 18 votes were collected on this. The first list is for interested members, the next will be for those that have already complied with the payments so we can start off.

Since 19 votes are of the opinion that we form a committee to oversee the actual constructions, I think it is clear that we must set up a committee as well.

Hiring professionals is good, but expensive for a fledging organization like the one we intend to form. But since up to 13 votes are in support of that option, we age going to involve lawyers, architects, engineers and surveyors.

There were not enough votes to support the building of 4 flats of 3 bedrooms to be sold as units. Only 5 votes were in support of that. We are going with the bungalow option for now and maybe change the type of building as we progress.

These were the main points of the voting process, the results are out so I suggest we stop the votes now. The points that are tied (like the first city to build the house) will be decided later today as more analysis will be made to compare the two cities.

I thank all of you who participated in the voting process, this shows we can do something together as a people. Business partnerships are the way to go as we can pull funds together and do thigs which might be difficult to achieve individually. Within me, I feel this is going to be a huge success, we should only take steps to handle it with the care it deserves.

[color=#000099][/color]Well done for the job done so far!!!!!!!
Comments expected, happy weekend allcheesy grin
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
If it were to be possible, let's build two houses at once. One in Lagos and another in Enugu. But I doubt if the turn up will be much to sponsor for two buildings at once, hence the need to do one city before the other. For these reasons I am going to look at the two cities, compare and contrast what might likely be our profits after considering some existing conditions. Let me reiterate here that profitability remains my overall driving motive.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
COST OF LAND

Generally speaking, between Enugu and Lagos, Lagos is a bigger city with more population, more enterprise and more business outfits which we are sure will mean more lands are in demand as populations continue to increase. The only problem with this is that lands will not be very cheap in lagos when compared to land costs in Enugu.
The type of location you will buy lands with N3.5m in Lagos may not be as appealing as where you can buy with same amount in Enugu. Let us also consider that in some locations in Lagos, you might need to do a special preparation before you can build on the land, some places will need a raft foundation and this is not cheap. With the N10m we aim to raise, Enugu will be better in terms of land acquisition.

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2013
COST OF MATERIALS AND BUILDING CONDITIONS.

When we talk of building materials, we have two major classifications, starting and finishing. By starting I mean those materials that are used in the beginning of the project. I am talking sand, cement, stone, wood, iron rods and labour. On these ones, they are cheaper in Enugu as we have clean river sand very easy to get, gravel aand wood are everywhere with a ready workforce that will take less to do more.

Lagos is definitely cheaper in finishing materials like tiles, electical wires and toilet fittings, all these have a way of eating into the profitability of a venture because the cheper we produce, the more profit we can make after a sale.

Another place where Lagos might be costlier than Enugu is the charges imposed on builders by communities. While both cities have restive youths that show up and disrupt activities except you settle them before you continue, Enugu youths collect money in the region of 60k and that is all. They will never come and disturb you to pay anything in that land except you demolish and start another new house. In Lagos we are all knowledgeable with the antics of Omo oniles. Their charges are in stages and are higher than what you might spend in Enugu. Enugu wins this as well.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 2:38pm On Mar 03, 2013
MARKETABILITY

Although the people from the eastern part of the country places a very high priority on houses and lands, the population of people in Lagos might be more reasons for quicker sales of houses. The population of people in Lagos is expected to increase and because of that, it will be easier to sell houses in Lagos state when compared to Enugu town.

In lagos, people from all ethnic nationalities live side by side, but in Enugu, its mostly the eastern region that do the buying, but the development of the city makes living there a great attraction for those seeking a cooler environment devoid of the noise of big cities. Lagos will be the ideal place to build for quick sales, but still developers like Rehoboth homes, Goshen estates and other private real estate companies are selling so much homes that I feel we ought to get a cut from this fast developing city. Goshen estates is all bought up, same with Rehoboth and Zoological gardens all in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
APPRECIATION

Landed properties will continue to get more expensive as God is no loger producing new lands. In line with that, we are looking at which cities will generate the most value in a given time frame like, say 20 years. No need to contest this, after what happened in Lekki and Ajah, I think Lagos properties will appreciate better than those in Enugu, but all will still appreciate in the end.

The key factors here are location, type and size of the land and possibility for alternative uses apart from the private purpose we built the houses for. Lagos is better in areas of expected future values due to appreciation.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by rastaman20(m): 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
@spyder880, Going through your analysis,i must salute you for your effort so far,can you also take note of these factors.

First,the amount needed to start off the project, because if at the end Lagos wins as it is tied with Enugu,don t you think that, the issues of fund will delay the project because the partners will now be mandated to add up as against the N 500k been the agreed voted investment fee.

Secondly, what will happen when a partner that voted and enlisted, with one of the two cities(Lagos /Enugu) in mind get disappointed because the city of his/her choice was not chosen and decide to quit, taking into account that these individual has been counted as one of the partner of the project.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
SPYDY DID YOU SEE MY EMAIL REGARDS MY INTEREST IN THE pip? MOREOVER I DIDNT KNOW HOW THE VOTING WAS DONE OR WHERE IT WAS DONE
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
rastaman20: @spyder880, Going through your analysis,i must salute you for your effort so far,can you also take note of these factors.

First,the amount needed to start off the project, because if at the end Lagos wins as it is tied with Enugu,don t you think that, the issues of fund will delay the project because the partners will now be mandated to add up as against the N 500k been the agreed voted investment fee.

Secondly, what will happen when a partner that voted and enlisted, with one of the two cities(Lagos /Enugu) in mind get disappointed because the city of his/her choice was not chosen and decide to quit, taking into account that these individual has been counted as one of the partner of the project.

Welcome my man, I don't plan to raise additional funds. We must stick to the choices as the votes directed. We must stay inside the N10m bracket, if I end up doing it with N8.5 or N9m, I will celebrate it here as we will have money left in the accounts for futher development.

On the second question, I am hoping to carry everybody along so that whichever city we choose will be accepted by all and we invest there first. Thanks.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 6:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
ocman: SPYDY DID YOU SEE MY EMAIL REGARDS MY INTEREST IN THE pip? MOREOVER I DIDNT KNOW HOW THE VOTING WAS DONE OR WHERE IT WAS DONE

Yes I have seen the mail you sent to the project mail address, and I have added your name to the list of members on page 4. The voting was done on pages 2 and 3 of this thread, kindly go back and see the voting done. Thank you.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Junapril(m): 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
i would have loved that @ spyder should have his way when it comes to decisions on a stale mate on votes and deliberations, he had the dream and must have it all planned out before everyone of us came to fine tune all his thoughts but I am so sure that spyder knows and understands the big potential that the Lagos market holds. I want us to look at another angle of building 2nos of bungalow on a single plot of land.We might spend abit more but the profit will make it worth the while. 2bungalows in the same compound with different access and compound demarcation that can park at least 2 cars per apartment. This will make alot of sense and also give the neighbourhood feeling anyone might desire but still with so much privacy. Let's consider this but might only fly in Lagos as i don't understand the Enugu market that much. Will forward us more information as the whole process gets clearer.

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by kittykat1(f): 12:06am On Mar 04, 2013
Spyder pls on a neutral ground, I want to ask a question. Its unrelated to your venture but important to me.

From the voting, more ppl voted for Enugu than for PH and ABJ. Is this to say that rela estate is commercially more viable in Enugu than these two cities?

Thanks
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by rastaman20(m): 2:13am On Mar 04, 2013
Junapril: i would have loved that @ spyder should have his way when it comes to decisions on a stale mate on votes and deliberations, he had the dream and must have it all planned out before everyone of us came to fine tune all his thoughts but I am so sure that spyder knows and understands the big potential that the Lagos market holds. I want us to look at another angle of building 2nos of bungalow on a single plot of land.We might spend abit more but the profit will make it worth the while. 2bungalows in the same compound with different access and compound demarcation that can park at least 2 cars per apartment. This will make alot of sense and also give the neighbourhood feeling anyone might desire but still with so much privacy. Let's consider this but might only fly in Lagos as i don't understand the Enugu market that much. Will forward us more information as the whole process gets clearer.

@Junapril. Please can you go over again and read the whole project, what we are talking about here is property investment partnership not a one man decision, yes you are right that the idea was borne from @spyder880, if you go through the forum again , you will understand better why all the voting about location,fund, lawyers. e,t.c..
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by OluwaBlue: 3:25am On Mar 04, 2013
This project will only see the light of the day if people will stop behaving like this is a child's play. This is a business partnership and not one man show or committee. I have not decided if I will join. We need maturity here. Follow the rules set out in the partnership or people will not participate.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 6:06am On Mar 04, 2013
Junapril: i would have loved that @ spyder should have his way when it comes to decisions on a stale mate on votes and deliberations, he had the dream and must have it all planned out before everyone of us came to fine tune all his thoughts but I am so sure that spyder knows and understands the big potential that the Lagos market holds. I want us to look at another angle of building 2nos of bungalow on a single plot of land.We might spend abit more but the profit will make it worth the while. 2bungalows in the same compound with different access and compound demarcation that can park at least 2 cars per apartment. This will make alot of sense and also give the neighbourhood feeling anyone might desire but still with so much privacy. Let's consider this but might only fly in Lagos as i don't understand the Enugu market that much. Will forward us more information as the whole process gets clearer.

Thank you my man, I was calling your number yesterday morning around 11am to clarify some issues about Lagos and costs. Sure, Lagos holds the ace in the Nigerian property world but will investors be able to fund two buildings at a time? I think we better start somewhere cheap, the success story will convince many people to come up and join and then we will have more funds to do more buildings in more cities. Some people are still sitting on the fence about this. They will only join if we pick a place where we can fund, complete the house in a reasonably short time and place it on sale, this will be much better than not having enough funds to do all we want to do.

For the Enugu market, that I am talking about 1 bungalow does not mean I don't know friends that build 4 on a large plot and sell to 4 families, it usually sells out even before completion. (I have built and sold 2 bungalows in Trans Ekulu in 2005 and it was sold before I completed the painting) But since we are just starting out, we should not scare investors with multiple plans at first, the success of the single building on a budget will convince many more.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 6:12am On Mar 04, 2013
kitty kat: Spyder pls on a neutral ground, I want to ask a question. Its unrelated to your venture but important to me.

From the voting, more ppl voted for Enugu than for PH and ABJ. Is this to say that rela estate is commercially more viable in Enugu than these two cities?

Thanks

To answer your question, I don't think the votes are targeted at where real estate is more viable. Other factors like affordability played a big role. It will be very difficult for a voter to vote for the purchase of land and construction of a bungalow in Abuja for sale when you have only N10m planned to be spent!
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 6:20am On Mar 04, 2013
OluwaBlue: This project will only see the light of the day if people will stop behaving like this is a child's play. This is a business partnership and not one man show or committee. I have not decided if I will join. We need maturity here. Follow the rules set out in the partnership or people will not participate.

Which rules are you talking about Bros? The committee is yet to agree on a set of rules, what I have been doing is to moderate the processes until they take over some functions from me. Remember, the rules will be penciled down in ink by lawyers after we deliberate on some important points. That is why I have been throwing up so many points so we can all get acquainted with the likely issues we are going to face.

Good preparations they say, makes a good ending.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Humanbeans(m): 8:56am On Mar 04, 2013
spyder, since our first target is 10M, and we have 15 investors, im of the opinion that you should find out if that money can be raised among them, time is of the essence, if we can get the project underway in the next two months, the progress could attract other investors for the next project. pls work on this ASAP (as soon as possible), while we are working on the other aspect of the partnership
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 04, 2013
Dear Spyder, Great job there and thanks for the objective analysis. Going by our budget and of course those objective analysis, I will opt for Enugu at least for the start. As quite significant of us (would-be investors) are not favorably disposed to raising more than NGN500k baseline investment capital, it would be unrealistic to consider Lagos. The most important thing to me is to ensure timely completion of the project and then disposing it off and perhaps, with the expected mark-up, we can then think about replicating the investment in other attractive locations like Lagos and PH.

As an interested investor and considering all the exogeneous factors and macro-economic trend in Nigeria, I will readily go for Enugu for a start.

rastaman20: @spyder880, Going through your analysis,i must salute you for your effort so far,can you also take note of these factors.

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by kittykat1(f): 7:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
spyder880:

To answer your question, I don't think the votes are targeted at where real estate is more viable. Other factors like affordability played a big role. It will be very difficult for a voter to vote for the purchase of land and construction of a bungalow in Abuja for sale when you have only N10m planned to be spent!

Spyder thanks for your answer. In your own opinion, which city will give one faster ROI in reals estate.

An after; have u noticed that lekki properties are reducing in price?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Junapril(m): 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
@spyder, my number remains the same, probably the network thing. I guess we should ask the interested people how much they will be contributing or how many lots each person will be buying so that we can be sure of how much we can gather without waiting for too long because i guess if 6 people are doing 2 lots if 500k is a lot, then i guess we are already there without waiting for more people. Or is there any rule against having more than one lot? I'm not saying I'm buying more than one, but some other members might be able to afford. if i have the resources, i would do more than one,coz i believe so much in this project.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by fuzzyt(m): 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
Spyder880 pls did you get the email regarding my interest on this project? I didn't get a mail from you acknowledging my interest in the project. Pls let me know if I have been included.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 1:41am On Mar 05, 2013
fuzzyt: Spyder880 pls did you get the email regarding my interest on this project? I didn't get a mail from you acknowledging my interest in the project. Pls let me know if I have been included.

You have been included, I will update the list immediately. Welcome.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 1:43am On Mar 05, 2013
This is where we display the list of members who have officially declared their interest to join this partnership by sending a mail to propertypartnership1@gmail.com

The names will be listed according to first to indicate interest. I have received mail from;

1. Junapril
2. Rastaman20
3. A gentleman who will love to be anonymous
4. Another member who also prefers to be anonymous
5. Humanbeans
6. Chizitara
7. Obicentlis
8. Sagewood
9. Feasy1
10. Mrs. A
11. Anonymous
12. Anonymous
13. Kingboy
14. Anonymous
15. Ocman
16. Fuzzyt
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 1:47am On Mar 05, 2013
kitty kat:
Spyder thanks for your answer. In your own opinion, which city will give one faster ROI in reals estate.

An after; have u noticed that lekki properties are reducing in price?

Let us wait and hear from the committee after the teleconference, my own opinion may seen one sided at this point smiley
Lekki properties may experience some reduction in price but that might be temporal, maybe the correction of an overvalued market. Prices may rebound in that case.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 1:49am On Mar 05, 2013
Humanbeans: spyder, since our first target is 10M, and we have 15 investors, im of the opinion that you should find out if that money can be raised among them, time is of the essence, if we can get the project underway in the next two months, the progress could attract other investors for the next project. pls work on this ASAP (as soon as possible), while we are working on the other aspect of the partnership

Ok, I understand you, I am also getting my own amount ready in case we need to move fast. Thanks for the suggestion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tips To Reduce Building Costs / How Much Does Face Me I Face U Cost In Your Area / Fire Outbreak At Police Barracks V.i,lagos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.