Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,707 members, 7,955,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:26 PM

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating (19646 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - CHAN Qualifier (4 - 1) On 6th July 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by coogar: 8:59pm On Feb 03, 2013
Tolexander: ikedia in the list of the caliber of player mention?

pius ikedia? one of my favourites at the turn of the millennium! i remember the friendly against scotland. he murdered scotland. his combo with aghahowa then was fire!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
Father, every enemy of my Destiny, embarrass them like we embarrassed Eboue!! May they eat dia words! Amen!! grin

Initially I wanted to strangle Emenike, but d witch turning his pot in d village got tired. 7
Vic MO: 8

Did Yobo play?! undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by IgweAni: 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
Shittaakeem: Op don't u know that omeru is not an home based player he plays for chelsea youth team or u can call it feeders team

Yea, but currently on loan to Ado Den Haag in the Dutch Eridevisie.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by politician(m): 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
Oga jarus nice rating!!

Yes, martins played, ogbeche( yeye bicycle kick) played, everybody played!! So quit arguing pls!!

Please if someone has a direct link to GEJ!!

Pls help relay this message!!

The last time we were this happy was when abacha died!!

GEJ just need to place a call through to the malian
president to remind him that we are the reason
they can still compete I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ AFCON!

And that nigeria is celebrating the centenary anniversary next year!!! So, Mr president, Ȋ̝̊̅ need that cup!! Or send the ambassador/ fixer!

The reason Mali is still a state!! (1200 soldiers +
billions is not a quid)

That's what a real president would do!!

After all its a matter of national interest and he
swore to protect it!!

Its not match-fixing,its fair-play, they would be returning a favour!!!

And beep sanusi to start printing the cash to FIX the final!!

Don't worry about CAF! Hayatu wants to be life-president,he would go unopposed again, adamu would stay put!!

We win the cup, everybody is happy!!

GEJ is working!!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
nep2ra:
This is exactly what I have been asking myself and other football pundits for a long time now. Over the years, the use of the wings to unleash a deadly attack or volley of accurate crosses have become redundant. Is it because the use of the wings is becoming less popular in recent times? Someone please educate me.

The use of wingers isn't redundant if you have the required players to execute it... The Chelsea team that dominated the premiership during Mourinho's era was quintessentially a wing-style team with Damien Duff and Arjen Robben.... Real Madrid, Brazil, and Barcelona still play wing-style football with overlapping full backs...

As for this naija team, we just don't have the players to prosecute that - our left back is rubbish, and our shaky holding midfielders won't be able to cover for the full backs if/when they overlap...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by slimghost(m): 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
@Jarus. Omeruo is not a home based player!
@Coogar! You can only play wing footie when u have the players to execute. Musa can't even make a good cross to save his own life. Keshi made do with what he has. Am not a Keshi fan but I think he got his tactics spot on today. Allowing Moses to roam was a perfect decision!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by stanech: 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2013
So proud to be Nigerian tonyt!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by vanstanzy(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2013
Na God o! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by coogar: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2013
nep2ra:
This is exactly what I have been asking myself and other football pundits for a long time now. Over the years, the use of the wings to unleash a deadly attack or volley of accurate crosses have become redundant. Is it because the use of the wings is becoming less popular in recent times? Someone please educate me.

it hasn't become redundant - keshi just forgot his coaching skills!
every serious team deploys the wing-play. even when you have inverted wingers who love to cut in, the full backs become wing backs. what's brazil without roberto carlos or cafu? what's man utd without valencia/nani? what's bayern without ribery/robben? barcelona sef use alves and alba as the outlet to supply the crosses. the best nigerian team ever had finidi/amuneke tearing defences!

abeg, who has keshi's number?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by Lachynos2k2(m): 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
topsco:
Na one Unity Cup,where we beat ireland...Jamaica
corrrect..the match ended 2 nil in naija's favour..scorers were martins and ogbeche..i remember vividly.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by tbaba1234: 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
We conceded a soft goal but overall good display. I maintain that this team can achieve great things. In the midst of all the superstars, it was little known Mba that made the difference.

The stand-out players were Moses and Emenike. Emenike fought all game, what a warrior!! Ideye and Moses had beautiful touches on the ball. What can we say about Kenneth Omeruo? Just 19, and the successor to Yobo.

If they fight the same way against Mali, we would be in the final.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by Rajosh(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
Jarus: Now, business of the day:

MAN OF THE MATCH: Tough one between Moses and Mba, but I settle for Mba
FLOP OF THE MATCH: None

Enyeama: Great game. Fantastic saves. Confident. Collected. Did well wasting time. Highlight was stopping Yaya’s goal-bpond shot. 7

Echiejile: Keeps getting better with every match. Kept the CIV wingers at bay, and that was a very difficult one. Also made daring runs forward. 7

Oboabona: What can I say? Justified his choice in defence. Good point for home-based. He was fantastic. Stopped many runs by the CIV forwards. Also clearing on time. Appeared confident too. 7

Omeruo: Justified his benching Yobo. Although Drogba had good of him on a couple of occasions, he did well, for a homebased. Reminds one of Yobo vs Weah when the former was just an upcoming defender, in 2002 world cup qualifiers 7.5

Ambrose: He was fantastic. Did well in the right back.. Stopped Drogba, troubled Salomon Kalou earlier He only needs to be more consistent. 7

omeruo is not a home based player. He's a chelsea player but he's on loan 2 a club in holand. I thnk the name of the club is haeg or smth. But his parent club is chelsea
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by olawalebabs(m): 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
chochoman: Martins actually partnered Ogbeche.There is something called google.
the match jarus was refering to involved Keane and Duff. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=48509&cc=3888
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2013
coogar:

every serious team deploys the wing-play. even when you have inverted wingers who love to cut in, the full backs become wing backs. what's brazil without roberto carlos or cafu? what's man utd without valencia/nani? what's bayern without ribery/robben? barcelona sef use alves and alba as the outlet to supply the crosses. the best nigerian team ever had finidi/amuneke tearing defences!

We don't have the players to execute wing-play, bruv...

The 4-3-1-2 formation they played today is alright - with Ideye leading the line, Emenike supporting him, and Victor Moses playing in front of the midfielders....

The right back is alright, but our holding mildfielder(Onazi) is shaky, and left-back is suspect...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 9:19pm On Feb 03, 2013
@OP,A thread for Nigeria last qualifier match against Liberia should be revisited. One pastor's prophency concerning super eagles is about to be real
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by dukenestor(m): 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2013
@ op, u r tryin wit ur ratings,but 4 d books,Omeruo is a chelsea player on loan & Mba is nt a rangers player bt a warri wolves player.Up Super Eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by imperiouxx(m): 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2013
All today's first 11 of super eagles 9/10

Yobo.... he was used as delay tactic.

Man of the match:
Emenike...... With his cracking shot
Mba...... with super deceiving flicker

Spoiler in the match:
Barry..... he's never a good keeper for once and always cause CIV lost
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by truetalk01(m): 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
my man of d match goes to Mba, Moses n Enyeama. all the players also did well... nice game great confidence. and a big thanks 2 all the Nigeria fans on the pitch for their great support and confidence given to the players also
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by Shittaakeem(m): 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
SIRCONFIDENCE:
@OP, A thread for Nigeria last qualifier match against Liberia should be put on front wall. One pastor's prophency concerning super eagles is about to be real
which proffecy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by Arsenate(m): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
shymexx:

The use of wingers isn't redundant if you have the required players to execute it... The Chelsea team that dominated the premiership during Mourinho's era was quintessentially a wing-style team with Damien Duff and Arjen Robben.... Real Madrid, Brazil, and Barcelona still play wing-style football with overlapping full backs...

As for this naija team, we just don't have the players to prosecute that - our left back is rubbish, and our shaky holding midfielders won't be able to cover for the full backs if/when they overlap...
you just don't like Echejile.
@all, who sits on the bench when Ogude comes back.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by Morgan1092(m): 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2013
...Well done Super Eagles of Biafra... Igbo kwenu! #haters go die#
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by oyincute: 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2013
politician: Oga jarus nice rating!!

Yes, martins played, ogbeche( yeye bicycle kick) played, everybody played!! So quit arguing pls!!

Please if someone has a direct link to GEJ!!

Pls help relay this message!!

The last time we were this happy was when abacha died!!

GEJ just need to place a call through to the malian
president to remind him that we are the reason
they can still compete I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ AFCON!

And that nigeria is celebrating the centenary anniversary next year!!! So, Mr president, Ȋ̝̊̅ need that cup!! Or send the ambassador/ fixer!

The reason Mali is still a state!! (1200 soldiers +
billions is not a quid)

That's what a real president would do!!

After all its a matter of national interest and he
swore to protect it!!

Its not match-fixing,its fair-play, they would be returning a favour!!!

And beep sanusi to start printing the cash to FIX the final!!

Don't worry about CAF! Hayatu wants to be life-president,he would go unopposed again, adamu would stay put!!

We win the cup, everybody is happy!!

GEJ is working!!
. Na real politician u be.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by stonebridge: 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
Good reason to invest in goal keepers. CIV has a good team but an awful goal keeper. The two goals he conceded were due to his incompetence. 2ndly, smply because Mba scored the 2nd goal shouldn't be the reason to make him man of the match. I do think the man of the math is Mikel Obi followed by Yaya Toure.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by coogar: 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
where is jarus?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by Ayoko007: 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
Something u don't note is dat in 2nd haf d ivorians became tired after dey equalise.but our boys are yonger so dey won as a result
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by oba009(m): 10:07pm On Feb 03, 2013
Let d govt fulfil the winning bonus they promised this team o. That is my own rating.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by nep2ra(m): 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
coogar:

Unfortunately, I don't have Keshi's number else I would have called him myself to ask the question. Ahmed musa would have done the job of a right winger but his performance so far hasn't been that fantastic. I hope he gets his groove back. Victor Moses hasn't been bad on the left wing though.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by fittty(m): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
ENOUGH!!!!! angry

Oya everybody go and sleep before I open my eyes! undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by nep2ra(m): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
shymexx:

Thanks for the education bro.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating by VellyG(m): 10:43pm On Feb 03, 2013
its funny how all those pessimist have suddenly disappeared. Now i can see alot of them here making good comment about the team. How unpatriotic can Nigerians be.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Argentina Knows Nothing About Super Eagles - Coach Sabella / NFF Target Kevin Akpoguma Scores Bundesliga's 1000th Own Goal / NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.