Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips (13964 Views)

No Plan To Go Back On N5,000 Allowance To Jobless Youths – APC Insists / Buhari Reportedly Cuts Number Of Aides, Journalists For Foreign, Local Trips / Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Jarus(m): 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2013
PapaBrowne: 25k?? I would hardly believe this amount. However it could be in order when you consider that the cbn governor has almost no where to go withing Nigeria on official assignment. Its just Lagos and Abuja which I think he has residences.

My average Lagos trip costs me about btw 40-60k per day.

Hotel bills on the island: 20-25k per night(very cheap)
Transport: Taxis or Car Hire: Average 5- 10k per day.
Feeding: Average 5k per day when there is no one tagging along. I avoid hotel food like a plague. Too costly and never worth the meal.
Other exigencies: 5 to 20k

25k is not a lot of money for a CBN governor. I so dont believe that figure.

Bros, you fall my hand o
You are one of the least people I expect not to be able to distinguish between out-of-station allowance(per diem) and travel costs. So you also think the logistics/service dept will hand over cash to a CBN governor to book hotel, flight etc himself.

Why on earth are people mixing what is expected to be simple?

I travel to Uyo, PH etc on official assignments and my company books flight, hotel etc for me and still hands over token as inconvenience.

If we don't know what is per diem/out-of-station allowance, at least we can read where he says he flies business/first/chartered. Does anyone expect that that is from the 25k? For God's sake, how does anyone expect a top public officer to be the one handling payment for flights, hotels etc by himself when there is corporate services dept? He may not even know how much those cost. The PA just hand over the ticket/reservation to him.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by pchax: 10:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
25K is quite small for the CBN governor for a local trip. He's probably lying or i'm missing something in the report
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: N25k per night!! that is dirt cheap. try USD1000
Why not $1 billion dollars?! slowpoke!

Truly, from a wasteful generation of Nigerians!
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Fellonigerians: 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
I think he means $25,000 not Naira.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by dlox01(m): 1:06am On Feb 06, 2013
with all the comments iv seen, i havnt come across any govt officials comment so far on this thread, im jus reading "what i think it should be".
well...sorry to burst your bubble but what he stated is absolutely spot on correct!
if you work with any FG parastatal you should know what his night allowance for local tour is.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by AkpuNku2: 1:20am On Feb 06, 2013
the news said 25k for everyday, that means weather he travels or not the 25k will gets to him everyday in 1month-750k just for nights only, that is a big money
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by PapaBrowne(m): 2:22am On Feb 06, 2013
Jarus:

Bros, you fall my hand o
You are one of the least people I expect not to be able to distinguish between out-of-station allowance(per diem) and travel costs. So you also think the logistics/service dept will hand over cash to a CBN governor to book hotel, flight etc himself.

Why on earth are people mixing what is expected to be simple?

I travel to Uyo, PH etc on official assignments and my company books flight, hotel etc for me and still hands over token as inconvenience.

If we don't know what is per diem/out-of-station allowance, at least we can read where he says he flies business/first/chartered. Does anyone expect that that is from the 25k? For God's sake, how does anyone expect a top public officer to be the one handling payment for flights, hotels etc by himself when there is corporate services dept? He may not even know how much those cost. The PA just hand over the ticket/reservation to him.

Ok. No mind me. I didn't really read the full article. I just read the headline.

But seriously, more important than the out of station allowance, wouldn't it do the populace better if we knew what exactly it costs per year or so to run the Governors office. Our intergrity governor should even be the one in a rush to show us the details like he is wont to do when it comes to other political office holders.

To be fair to Sanusi, I would like to look at his response from another perspective. By answering Aturu's request, he is strengthening the effectiveness, efficiency and efficacy of the FOI act. Commendable.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Gbenge77(m): 5:48am On Feb 06, 2013
Jarus: He is first public officer to respond to private queries by a citizen on FOI. Kudos.

I don't think we expect a CBN governor to be flying economy.

I hope he declares others too.

While I recognize that nobody can place 100% trust in another human, the Sanusi I know beyond public, I seriously doubt will enrich himself beyond his legitimate entitlements.

Kudos to Aturu too (another product of Great Ife students activism wink )).
How about US secretaries flying economy class?
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Pennywise(m): 5:56am On Feb 06, 2013
Jarus:
Na wa o.

So you don't know that your employer books hotel for you, pays your travel costs (if you are not traveling with official transport) etc. So you think the 25k is what the governor will spend to pay for his flight, hotel etc?

Blimey. The state pays for all expenses including feeding, transportation, accommodation infact total logistic requirement for d trip so he can do his job and he still gets to keep 25k. What d hell for? And this is supposed to be an ennobling disclosure of the Cbn gov. Nigerian's will surely like to know more about other routine allowances.

Besides why can we know the US president salary and not know that of a Nigeria federal bank governor? The summary of it all is that Sanusi is evasive bc he has sth to hide. Your feeble defence of what u know nothing about only puts him under d microscope so quit trying.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by iwanchop(m): 6:57am On Feb 06, 2013
This can never be true when the allowance of a CBN director for two nights can pay a month salary of an Asst Mgr in the same CBN.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by plendil: 6:59am On Feb 06, 2013
klas:

He does not earn traveling allowance unless he travels. Since he does not travel everyday of the month, you cannot just multiply by 30 days.

BTW, The allowance is just a sort of inconvenience allowance. All his travelling expenses will be catered for by the protocol department.

I really wonder with some of the toddlers parading this thread. How can any rational person expect 25k to take care of all expenses?

In my organisation (an NGO) we receive between 15-75k allowance, depending on your rank, per night and its usually known as per diem allowance; others call it incidental allowance or inconvenience allowance. Flight tickets, hotel bills, local transportation, etc are all taken care of by the company. It is line with standard practice anywhere in the world.

When on official duty, you're always given some allowance to cover any unforeseen exigency that may arise. One is not expected to use one's personal money for it.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by hercules07: 7:03am On Feb 06, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Ok. No mind me. I didn't really read the full article. I just read the headline.

But seriously, more important than the out of station allowance, wouldn't it do the populace better if we knew what exactly it costs per year or so to run the Governors office. Our intergrity governor should even be the one in a rush to show us the details like he is wont to do when it comes to other political office holders.

To be fair to Sanusi, I would like to look at his response from another perspective. By answering Aturu's request, he is strengthening the effectiveness, efficiency and efficacy of the FOI act. Commendable.

His board will not allow him to, Jarus posted a transcript of his conversation with him on this matter some weeks ago.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Jarus(m): 7:21am On Feb 06, 2013
Pennywise:
Blimey. The state pays for all expenses including feeding, transportation, accommodation infact total logistic requirement for d trip so he can do his job and he still gets to keep 25k. What d hell for? And this is supposed to be an ennobling disclosure of the Cbn gov. Nigerian's will surely like to know more about other routine allowances.

Out-of-station allowance/per diem or whatever nomenclature is given to it is normal practice the world over - private and public sector. Working outside my regular office, you give me a token for the inconvenience.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by pure123: 8:42am On Feb 06, 2013
So? we shld jump into 3rd mainland abi? He shld come and tell us what he earn on trips abroad..............why is he declaring the least of his allowance..............let him tell us d billions he receive wheneva he visits ASO ROCK kiss
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by GbaGaunPolice: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2013
hoochay: op how do u expect me to readings all this storys,pls make una help me scan am
No wonder u failed woefully in school......your inability to read says it all.......READINGS Ko Writings ni....
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by BlueMurder(m): 9:57am On Feb 06, 2013
akintun: “Besides the governor’s emolument and indeed the emolument structure of the CBN is benchmarked against the banking industry as approved in the federal government’s white paper on the presidential committee on consolidation of emoluments in the Public Service.

I think benchmarking his remuneration with d banking industry is very wrong. D governor of d central bank should not earn close to wat d MD of a bank earns.If d gov wants to be rich, he should go back to d commercial bank. A public servant dat called 4 d sacking of 50% of other public servants flies first class. I pity my country.

So the regulator should earn much less than the regulated? Do you know what risk that practice entails?
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by FlyboyZee: 10:09am On Feb 06, 2013
Whats with you peeps self?
That 25K is SLS' DTA. It doesn't cover for hotel bills & other miscellaneous expenses involved with official travels. Most organizations world over maintains corporate accounts with high profile hotels, airlines and other service providing agencies.
Everything's been paid for upfront. He just cruises along, enjoy and collects extra 25K for all the troubles. If you put all the social benefits and paraphenelia together, I think SLS consumes more than 1M per day for local travels but goes home with only N25K cash in mints.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by hbabe(f): 10:13am On Feb 06, 2013
Why did he talk about this local travel allowance alone? Why hide the others?
If he wants to be transparent about his earnings then he should declare everything jare not this 'the more you look the less you see' kind of declaration. Are we supposed to pity him that he gets 25k allowance daily for local trips after all expenses have been paid for? Abeg, make dem let us see road jor!
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Pennywise(m): 1:54pm On Feb 06, 2013
hbabe: Why did he talk about this local travel allowance alone? Why hide the others?
If he wants to be transparent about his earnings then he should declare everything jare not this 'the more you look the less you see' kind of declaration. Are we supposed to pity him that he gets 25k allowance daily for local trips after all expenses have been paid for? Abeg, make dem let us see road jor!

The man is a crook. He is as corrupt as the bank executives he has accepted payment to keep in check. I am really disappointed in Sanusi. I actually believed until now that he is clean and untainted.

He has been asked what is a clear, direct and legitimate question about his earning, rather he chooses to deviate attention. Someone who is transparent will be more forthcoming. A lot in my own opinion is buried in that office that requires the attention of law enforcement and I dont mean Lamido's EFCC that is in perpetually slumber.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 06, 2013
Why d torchlight on Sanusi now?
They want to shut him up as he has talked too much. Operation shut them up.

If I get 16K daily for local trips( as a small bank staff), I don't see 25K as being too much 4 Sanusi, infact, its too poor.

I think we have freedom of info act, so they shld enforce dt to know wat he earns. Sanusi shld also be bold to tell them wat he earns if he has no skeleton in his cupboard.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact / PHOTOS: Ambode At LASU Convocation / Patrick Akpobolokemi Threatens To Slap Female Reporter (video, Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.