Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1003209 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 6:51am On Mar 14, 2015
justi4jesu:

Why not, you can still use DHL and they will deliver directly to your door step, though its gonna be a little expensive.
thanks man, so after paying the DHL Express fee there is nothing else i will pay for right? till when they deliver to me.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by justi4jesu(f): 6:54am On Mar 14, 2015
KingsleyTMTTM:
thanks man, so after paying the DHL Express fee there is nothing else i will pay for right? till when they deliver to me.

Yes.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 7:09am On Mar 14, 2015
justi4jesu:

Yes.
10X
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by BizBloke(m): 8:38am On Mar 14, 2015
KingsleyTMTTM:
helo, bizbloke it depends on what please.

It depends on the Nigerian Customs Service. Products from DHL still have to pass through them.

Cheers.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by texaco1: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2015
Hello everyone ,it has been a long time and I have been very busy. But reading through some of the comments here I think I should share my experience with u all as a shipper. This will be a general advice ,I am not advertising my services. Many people that started this thread with so much enthusiasm have fallen by the wayside and to be honest only very few of them are still in business. And what makes the remaining different is KNOWLEDGE ,whatever u are bringing in ,please have maximum knowledge about that field ,this is the only way u can make it in this business and even life . If u want to start importing phones ,don't just jump with ur thousands and start buying ,take a few weeks course or training on how to repair,unlock,flash phones before buying,if u want to start buy laptop do the same,even if is fashion make sure u know about sizes,clothes adjustments and etc . Seek knowledge first before rushing to ebay,amazon or aliexpress. I will always respect mayorall,he went into powerbanks but he has full technical knowledge about it. It is knowledge that will determine whether u lose ur money foolishly or make a profit on it. I have listened to many customers and potential ones who complained about heavy loses. Sorry to bother u all with my long epistle ,just wanted to share my experience with u all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by princeuk21(m): 10:51am On Mar 14, 2015
KingsleyTMTTM:
thanks guy, but what am importing is one phone 3-10 times daily, and some other electronic gadgets. can i still use DHL for those
you are free to make a choice.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by honTim(m): 5:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
jerrygome:

Sent you a PM
pls I sent u a mail requesting for your phone number. pls reply
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by jerrygome: 8:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
texaco1:
Hello everyone ,it has been a long time and I have been very busy. But reading through some of the comments here I think I should share my experience with u all as a shipper. This will be a general advice ,I am not advertising my services. Many people that started this thread with so much enthusiasm have fallen by the wayside and to be honest only very few of them are still in business. And what makes the remaining different is KNOWLEDGE ,whatever u are bringing in ,please have maximum knowledge about that field ,this is the only way u can make it in this business and even life . If u want to start importing phones ,don't just jump with ur thousands and start buying ,take a few weeks course or training on how to repair,unlock,flash phones before buying,if u want to start buy laptop do the same,even if is fashion make sure u know about sizes,clothes adjustments and etc . Seek knowledge first before rushing to ebay,amazon or aliexpress. I will always respect mayorall,he went into powerbanks but he has full technical knowledge about it. It is knowledge that will determine whether u lose ur money foolishly or make a profit on it. I have listened to many customers and potential ones who complained about heavy loses. Sorry to bother u all with my long epistle ,just wanted to share my experience with u all.

You just said it all. The Chinese are brutal businessmen who just wants to maximise profit and most newbies fell into their trap by purchasing low quality goods @ an exorbitant price.

But if you know WHAT YOU ARE SOURCING FOR it is easy for you to sift through all the chaff to get the quality you want @ a price you can make profit.

It is also very important to have a market to what you are importing... people get carried away by the so called " cheap" pricing and buy what they don't really need.

Thumbs up texaco1 cool

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Mariesio: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hello ,

what's the latest exchange rate for those that paid online recently
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by jerrygome: 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2015
honTim:
pls I sent u a mail requesting for your phone number. pls reply

I did not get your PM. Kindly resend. I dey away all day just popped in to see how deep the rabbit hole goes tongue

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Tassembly(m): 11:49am On Mar 15, 2015
Hello everyone,is their anyone here still using nipost to receive items,i noticed since december last year since the nahco import dept was briefly closed and reopened,over 40 different orders from hongkong i was expecting via nipost,only 5 came and that was even february.though i won dispute but again,orders made in january ending too are yet to arrive,tracking informations just showing dispatched to NG.things aren't like this before few years back.is it that this item and being stolen by nipost staffs or customs.for now and i shifted to dhl,fedex,and shippyme for US and also some fast but expensive logistics in the middleeast.if you are facing the same problem using nipost kindly share your experience here
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 17, 2015
FetchUK:

Hi
The exchange rate is set by the bank card used for payment. For others with ability to pay directly with PayPal funds, the amount is set according to Paypal exchange rates.
How do i open a paypal account.

2ndly,has anyone registered his card with alipay yet? What're d benefits?

Access bank finally gave me heart failure. I was charged 225.500 to $1. As if i suspected. I just said let me purchase a small item on aliexpress b4 proceeding to pay 4my stuff on alibaba and i got d shock of my life.

Now i'm supposed to pay for a large item on alibaba. I don die! Chei! I don't even know if i shld do TT transfer. Who knws how much dollar is in black markt?

How does paypal work? Oh my gush!! This is freaking scary. I am officially in crisis. Geeeeeeeez embarassed embarassed cool cool shocked sad

I need to open a new account wit a bank wit cheaper dollar rate. I don't even knw what 2do at this point.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by justi4jesu(f): 5:55am On Mar 17, 2015
francawilson:

Access bank finally gave me heart failure. I was charged 225.500 to $1. As if i suspected. I just said let me purchase a small item on aliexpress b4 proceeding to pay 4my stuff on alibaba and i got d shock of my life.

Now i'm supposed to pay for a large item on alibaba. I don die! Chei! I don't even know if i shld do TT transfer. Who knws how much dollar is in black markt?

How does paypal work? Oh my gush!! This is freaking scary. I am officially in crisis. Geeeeeeeez embarassed embarassed cool cool shocked sad

I need to open a new account wit a bank wit cheaper dollar rate. I don't even knw what 2do at this point.

There are 2 types of PayPal accounts: Personal and Business.

Here’s how to sign up for a PayPal account:

1. Go to the PayPal website (w w w . paypal . com) and click Sign Up at the top of the page.

2. Select the type of account you would like to open, "Personal" or "Business."

3. Select your country.

4. Enter your email address and choose a password.

5. Click Continue.

6. Fill out the form and enter the CAPTCHA.

7. Confirm that you've read the PayPal User Agreement and click Agree and Create Account.

You can start to use your new PayPal account right away.

***If you decide to close your PayPal account, you should withdraw your PayPal balance and remove any unconfirmed email addresses. Then, follow these steps:

-Click Profile at the top of the page.

-Click My settings.

-Click Close account beside Account type and follow the instructions.

-They might ask you to confirm that you own the account before it is closed.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by blym4real: 6:01am On Mar 17, 2015
francawilson:

go to https://www.paypal.com/ng
and click on sign up.

Yes, have linked my card with alipay, benefit is you don't have to enter your card detail when making payment. You only need your alipay password and answer to your security question.

Dollar is 224/226 in the black market.

There is a way to make payment at a cheaper exchange rate on alibaba and aliexpress.
I will send you a mail.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 17, 2015
blym4real:

and click on sign up.

Yes, have linked my card with alipay, benefit is you don't have to enter your card detail when making payment. You only need your alipay password and answer to your security question.

There is a way to make payment at a cheaper exchange rate on alibaba and aliexpress.
I will send you a mail.

Is alipay backed by Escrow when making payment?

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Tmany(m): 6:12am On Mar 17, 2015
francawilson:
My 2nd problm is:I bought an expensive men's wristwatch on aliexpress and its not working and I don't know what to do.

I remember I opened dispute sometym ago when someone sent me a gown that was below standard (rubbish material, rubbish faded colour; rubbish evrythng)&she said I shld send it back then sh wil refund me so I thought abt d process of sending back&d little money involved ($25) and decided to forgo it

But this watch I got it for $95 plus shipping fee of $8.

I intended to giv this watch out as a val present but it took ages to arrive. My anger is dat I went to Silverbird yesterday and saw exactly d same watch for just 28k;working&in good condition. I was so angry at myself. Although this is my 1st bad experience..

Anyway,now,how do I go abt this whole thng? Has anyone had such experience with aliexpress? What was d solution?
Hi can you kindly post a picture of the watch or the watch brand name / model number.
Regards
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by blym4real: 6:31am On Mar 17, 2015
Royal155:

Is alipay backed by Escrow when making payment?
yes
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by holajeedayy: 8:10am On Mar 17, 2015
@ KingsleyTMTTM ,can u pls help me use laptop and phone seller contact in uk or usa?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by holajeedayy: 8:16am On Mar 17, 2015
at KingsleyTMTTM my phone number is 07030842589 or email at jidealade123@gmail.com
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by holajeedayy: 8:17am On Mar 17, 2015
can nigeria adress register paypal acct buy tins on ebay?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by justi4jesu(f): 8:34am On Mar 17, 2015
holajeedayy:
can nigeria adress register paypal acct buy tins on ebay?

Yes but not all sellers ship to Nigeria so you need a US Shipping Adress.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
Tmany:
Hi can you kindly post a picture of the watch or the watch brand name / model number.
Regards
Oh sorry! I sent back the watch yesterday. Was charged 3000 naira at wuse post office. Tracking number RR050....1930NG. They said they'l refund when they recieve it.i don't even knw how to track the stuff sef

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
blym4real:

and click on sign up.

I will send you a mail.
Thank u.i'm expecting ur mail.

My brother just used his visa card to purchase somethng on aliexpress and was charged 199 to $1.

I am heading to diamond bank to open an account straight away. U won't believe access bank charged me 208 to $1 on friday when i paid for somethng on alibaba.

I'm so done with access bank. I'l also find out abt GT and Skye bank card rate.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by blym4real: 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
francawilson:

Thank u.i'm expecting ur mail.

My brother just used his visa card to purchase somethng on aliexpress and was charged 199 to $1.

I am heading to diamond bank to open an account straight away. U won't believe access bank charged me 208 to $1 on friday when i paid for somethng on alibaba.

I'm so done with access bank. I'l also find out abt GT and Skye bank card rate.
check your mail.

The exchange is flunctuating everytime this days, so you can't get a stable exchange rate.

Although am doubting your brother claim of been charged 199 to 1 dollar from my experience access visa card has the lowest exchange rate.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by blym4real: 1:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
francawilson:

Oh sorry! I sent back the watch yesterday. Was charged 3000 naira at wuse post office. Tracking number RR050....1930NG. They said they'l refund when they recieve it.i don't even knw how to track the stuff sef

Track it here.
http://nipost.gov.ng/TrackAndConfirm.aspx

once it get to china, you can start tracking on the chinese website.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by honTim(m): 2:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
jerrygome:

I did not get your PM. Kindly resend. I dey away all day just popped in to see how deep the rabbit hole goes tongue
bros pls help me to track it once more if u can get any infor. : RJ392238110CN. thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Mizzzbeee(f): 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
blym4real:

and click on sign up.

I will send you a mail.
hi pls experiencing d same thing mine I was charged 226 to $1 well that was last week using sterling bank pls send me a mail too
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by blym4real: 3:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
hi pls experiencing d same thing mine I was charged 226 to $1 well that was last week using sterling bank pls send me a mail too
P.M me
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by jerrygome: 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
honTim:
bros pls help me to track it once more if u can get any infor. : RJ392238110CN. thanks.

Here is what I got when I tracked

Destination Country - Armenia

Origin Country - China

Normal Tracking

2015-03-15 21:51 Hangzhou center, left, next [Hangzhou express mail processing center]

2015-03-15 13:38 Hangzhou International Business Bureau has issued letters

2015-03-15 13:37 Hangzhou International Business Bureau, has Acceptance

Are you in Armenia?

If you are not that's where your goods are heading embarassed

You can track it yourself at http://www.17track.net/m/en/result/post-details.shtml
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
blym4real:

Track it here.
http://nipost.gov.ng/TrackAndConfirm.aspx

once it get to china, you can start tracking on the chinese website.
Thank u. I called the diamond bank customer care on 07003000000 and they confirmed its 199. I was amazed too. I will credit my brother's account and use his card to pay for my order pending when my own card is ready cos i just opened a diamond account today.

I also want to call GT customer care too to know if i shld also get a master card.

This paypal thing,if one opens dispute with a counterfeit product like the one i got,how wud d account be credited? Those are d questions i need to get an answer to.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by FetchUK: 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
francawilson:

Hi Franca Wilson,
Paypal is a payment processor that's widely accepted worldwide. It offers a series of guarantees that offers both seller and buyers protection.
To open a Paypal account, you would have to be verified via your bank debit card.

Unfortunately, unlike everywhere in the world, Paypal is limited in Nigeria.
Buyers can only transact money when purchasing but can not receive payment. Disputes can be opened in the case of defective or fake items, simply information Paypal and then supply all necessary information asked. When done, they case would be looked into and a decision is made.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Mizzzbeee(f): 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
francawilson:

Thank u. I called the diamond bank customer care on 07003000000 and they confirmed its 199. I was amazed too. I will credit my brother's account and use his card to pay for my order pending when my own card is ready cos i just opened a diamond account today.

I also want to call GT customer care too to know if i shld also get a master card.

This paypal thing,if one opens dispute with a counterfeit product like the one i got,how wud d account be credited? Those are d questions i need to get an answer to.
pls gimme feedback on gt bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.