Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1003383 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ceaser: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2016
Vanney1:
Pls can someone help me to track my parcel from China post mall RH314673892CN

This is what is showing and I don't understand

Is your delivery address in Nigeria? Cos if it is not so, apparently from the tracking information, it appears the item was sent to and already delivered to an address in Brussels since 2nd of June.

"BE" as destination country appears to be Belgium. Nigeria is usually "NGLOS". Please get in touch with your seller to be certain on the information he gave you concerning your order.

@Vanney1, forgive my late reply.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluh(f): 11:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

I know of two:

GTB is ₦320 per $1 with a monthly spend limit of $100

Access Bank is ₦380 per $1 with a monthly spend limit of $200

TGIF
my access bank card does not work on Aliexpress. don't know why, any idea?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by coolted(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
Hi guys,

I need help. I did some transaction on aliexpress on the recent 11/11 sales but my bank UBA limited my transaction to $100 or less. I wanted to pick 3 phones but was successful on 1.

Now, is there a way I can find someone who could help to finish the remained transaction.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Im2Busy2Bother: 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2016
toluh:

my access bank card does not work on Aliexpress. don't know why, any idea?

Someone having similar issue sent their customer care mail and this is their reply :

Please be informed that you need an IPIN for successful online transaction.

Kindly follow the steps below to generate I-PIN for your Visa Debit card:

· Visit any of our ATM

· Insert the card, enter the normal/regular PIN to validate the card

· Select PIN change (You will be given two options - PIN or IPIN)

· Select IPIN (Insert 4 digits code of your choice)

· Reconfirm by inserting the same 4 digits entered initially

· If IPIN change is successful, the ATM will display “Transaction successful”

Once the above is done, and you have your IPIN; you can use it to perform any online transaction worldwide.

Also note that the IPIN is usable only on VbyV sites while your regular PIN would still be valid for transactions on other terminal (e.g. POS and ATMs).

Even though I have an access account, I don't use it for transaction on aliexpress.

I prefer GTB

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluh(f): 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2016
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Please why do you prefer GTB?
Im2Busy2Bother:

Someone having similar issue sent their customer care mail and this is their reply :

Please be informed that you need an IPIN for successful online transaction.

Kindly follow the steps below to generate I-PIN for your Visa Debit card:

· Visit any of our ATM

· Insert the card, enter the normal/regular PIN to validate the card

· Select PIN change (You will be given two options - PIN or IPIN)

· Select IPIN (Insert 4 digits code of your choice)

· Reconfirm by inserting the same 4 digits entered initially

· If IPIN change is successful, the ATM will display “Transaction successful”

Once the above is done, and you have your IPIN; you can use it to perform any online transaction worldwide.

Also note that the IPIN is usable only on VbyV sites while your regular PIN would still be valid for transactions on other terminal (e.g. POS and ATMs).

Even though I have an access account, I don't use it for transaction on aliexpress.

I prefer GTB
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Im2Busy2Bother: 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2016
toluh:
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Please why do you prefer GTB?

Their $ to naira exchange rate is cheaper
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Gmajor(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2016
I want to buy a phone and some small orisshirishi stuffs from aliexpress.
I specifically filtered it for free delivery so how long will it take before it gets to me?
also will all stuffs be sent as a single parcel because the are from different vendors
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ozycy: 12:26am On Nov 20, 2016
Gmajor:
I want to buy a phone and some small orisshirishi stuffs from aliexpress.
I specifically filtered it for free delivery so how long will it take before it gets to me?
also will all stuffs be sent as a single parcel because the are from different vendors
Yes all items will be sent differently by different seller.
Note that you will pay in the post office before you collect your parcel.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Gmajor(m): 1:20am On Nov 20, 2016
ozycy:

Yes all items will be sent differently by different seller.
Note that you will pay in the post office before you collect your parcel.
even though I added them in the same cart?
what of when they'll reach Nigeria? do you have an idea?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Bookiemart01(f): 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
They will arrive Nigeria at different times. Adding to cart and paying same times does not guarantee same day arrival because you are buying from different sellers.

Gmajor:

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ozycy: 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
Gmajor:

Different sellers ship whatever item you buy from them. They obviously may not know the next seller you bought the other things from so there is no how they can ship together unless you are using a shipping company that will receive all your order and ship it once for a higher fee. They will arrive Nigeria at almost different intervals and if you are picking them differently, you may likely pay at each pickup depending on how your post office operate.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluh(f): 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

Their $ to naira exchange rate is cheaper
Okay thanks. Do I have to do anything after getting the card?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Im2Busy2Bother: 8:25am On Nov 22, 2016
toluh:

Okay thanks. Do I have to do anything after getting the card?

No. Just input your card details in the correct format on the site
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by LOVEGINO(m): 10:33am On Nov 22, 2016
Do you Know that you can invest and receive 3.60% of your investment daily forever. click on my signature to register.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
hairyman:
Does anyone know any forwarder operating in Taiwan?

What are you shipping
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluh(f): 8:07am On Nov 24, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

No. Just input your card details in the correct format on the site
Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by aadetoyin(f): 11:53am On Nov 26, 2016
One can't buy much with the dollar monthly limit.
Please which other bank has good dollar rates asides from GTB?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by jedisco(m): 11:46am On Nov 27, 2016
Good day everyone.
Please I want to ship an item from China. What is the best rates I can get now?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Beezally(f): 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hello! Kudos to everyone here, well am new to this importation thingy. I would like to ask some questions like can I use my atm to pay for things?. Secondly i would like to know which sites I should patronise DHGATE or ALIBABA, ALIEXPRESS. Thirdly how long is the wait time for free shipping to nigeria and also where will be the pick up station
Lastly how much capital can I expend on this as I intend to sell on makeup within the price range of lets say 1-5 dollars as that was very much abundantly seen mostly on DHGATE
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by jose556(m): 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
Good work guys. I love the education I get from this thread...
My company is new, we are planning to go into the importation of android tablets.
I contacted one of the shipping agents here and he said shipping fee for tablets and phone was $15 dollars flat rate. At this price, it will be too expensive on the long run.
So we decided to setup our own shipping agency for our business alone.
I did some research online and I was able to get a China shipping company (not shopping agent) based in Shenghen (that's were our manufacturer is based),
Now, I need advice from gurus in the house on how to go about being a shipping agent, what documents, forms etc are needed? Thank you all in advance
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by jedisco(m): 6:05am On Nov 28, 2016
Good day house. I want to ship two items with a combined weight of 18kg via normal shipping (not cargo). Does anyone know a reliable agent and their price?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Bookiemart01(f): 6:47am On Nov 28, 2016
Yes I do.... Reply my pm

jedisco:

Good day house. I want to ship two items with a combined weight of 18kg via normal shipping (not cargo). Does anyone know a reliable agent and their price?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Muyiwhy: 7:13am On Nov 28, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Yes I do.... Reply my pm

@bookiemart,pls help me also with a good china to lagos shipping coy with a low price of shipping..Would prefer if they help to pay for the goods also..thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by jedisco(m): 7:14am On Nov 28, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Yes I do.... Reply my pm
Didn't see any. What would it cost?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Lawsimon(m): 7:29am On Nov 28, 2016
I'm extremely excited about this development, seeing good Nigerians helping others to stand up

As a business minded person, importation has always been eye-catching for me, right from when I was in school. Now I'm done with school and getting ready to go fully into it.

realistically, I'm a niwbie and passionate about making it; hoping that with great people here, I can attend that heights.

I've many questions on my mind and i'm looking forward to getting them answered. Hoping to here positive response from good people here. above all, I need somebody who has had the needed experience to be my mentor

kudos for a good job done here
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Bookiemart01(f): 7:34am On Nov 28, 2016
I've responded to your PM

Muyiwhy:

@bookiemart,pls help me also with a good china to lagos shipping coy with a low price of shipping..Would prefer if they help to pay for the goods also..thanks

Please check again or check Ur Spam Messages

jedisco:

Didn't see any. What would it cost?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Bookiemart01(f): 7:36am On Nov 28, 2016
Read the thread from page 0...you Will Not Need Any Additional Information

Lawsimon:
I'm extremely excited about this development, seeing good Nigerians helping others to stand up

As a business minded person, importation has always been eye-catching for me, right from when I was in school. Now I'm done with school and getting ready to go fully into it.

realistically, I'm a niwbie and passionate about making it; hoping that with great people here, I can attend that heights.

I've many questions on my mind and i'm looking forward to getting them answered. Hoping to here positive response from good people here. above all, I need somebody who has had the needed experience to be my mentor

kudos for a good job done here
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Lawsimon(m): 7:53am On Nov 28, 2016
My questions:
1. How important and necessary is a token in doing international online transaction, having gotten GTB master Card?
2. is it a must to have app such as trademanager when doing business on Chinese sites like Aliexpress or is there any way or method I can do business there without using the app?
3. concerning shipping, will it be advisable to use post office address closer to me than using my unknown home address? Also, if i'm using a shipping cpmpany like DHL, can't I go get my items at their nearest office than to use my home address that is unknown?
4. Having observed the level of my knowledge, what other things do I need to know about this business?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Lawsimon(m): 8:04am On Nov 28, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Read the thread from page 0...you Will Not Need Any Additional Information

Thanks immensely.
I need someone I can look up to, whom I can trust and run to whenever I face challenges
would you do me that favour, please?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by DavisBloom(m): 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
Please who have used swisspost b4, how fast is it
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Chumaco(m): 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
If you have help how to send your goods to Nigeria contact me l will help you out so we help our customers to pay supplies money

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.