Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (22606 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by thorpido(m): 7:31am On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: Sumtyms I wonda aw dis men cope b4 dey got married...its ppl like dem dat kip a dirty room nd patronize mama bash's stupidly prepared meal...gosh!
I do a lot of stuff around the house and is ever willing to help.However,the day my wife begins to talk i'll get pissed off.You are giving a bad impression of you anyway.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 7:58am On Feb 08, 2013
JallowBah:

...how?

Probably getting their old mother to clean their dirty underwear, cook for them, clean for them..not good.
in dis days wen u can hardly find a well brot up maid and one dats not even possessed...nd bringin in family membas to live with u frm eida syd isn't an option eida....nd men dat r supposed to help er claimin men of d ause....u r def learners...women r wisin up abeg

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bendazum: 9:06am On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: in dis days wen u can hardly find a well brot up maid and one dats not even possessed...nd bringin in family membas to live with u frm eida syd isn't an option eida....nd men dat r supposed to help er claimin men of d ause....u r def learners...women r wisin up abeg

Widen up in your husband's crib that is if you're married not here.Nairaland guys say we ain't buying your stuff,k?

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 9:51am On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: in dis days wen u can hardly find a well brot up maid and one dats not even possessed...nd bringin in family membas to live with u frm eida syd isn't an option eida....nd men dat r supposed to help er claimin men of d ause....u r def learners...women r wisin up abeg

I`m sorry, but this kinda writing is hard for me to understand.

Could you either write in better english, or maybe someone can translate it for me? I just get some of this, far from all..

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2013
JallowBah:

I`m sorry, but this kinda writing is hard for me to understand.

Could you either write in better english, or maybe someone can translate it for me? I just get some of this, far from all..
u dnt av to undastand...as long as u undastand d flow of discussion...if u av sumtin contribute, do...if not f**k off
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by OCTAVO: 11:11am On Feb 08, 2013
Lolzzzzzzz shocked grin
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 11:37am On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: u dnt av to undastand...as long as u undastand d flow of discussion...if u av sumtin contribute, do...if not f**k off

That one I got.

How am I supposed to contribute to a discussion when a person answering me is writing jibberish?

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Lero15(m): 12:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
U knw d answers to d questns ryt inside of u...#hw did dis make front page?#

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Truckpusher(m): 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
2buff:

This is Nigerian thinking. You better hope you STAY in Nigerian then and not leave.
That is why Nigerian homes breakup here, unless you don't want her to work. But if she has to work, do ALL that, and sex you on top in this part of the world....You suppose pity am naw.
boy you lied big time....we have more broken homes in the west compared to Nigeria....Nigerian families abroad breaks up mostly when the woman begins to enjoy her new found freedom of expression and sticks it to the man's face which makes the man to become abusive and resentful......what you think is freedom for women in the west is actually breaking up that society and I can assure you that in few years nobody will give a damn abt each other's feeling and welfare ....women are the real builder of homes and the man is to support with everything he has and ensure her security......for you folks that swallows everything sold by the west hook, line and sinker I say goodluck to your generations unborn....Nigeria might be bad, with corrupt govt and all vile and abominable things do happen here but I thank God there are still folks that can still hold their heads high and beat their chest because nothing will shake their sense of morality

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Paentera(m): 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
Lero15: U knw d answers to d questns ryt inside of u...#hw did dis make front page?#

This OP has major issues and managed to even piss off the only ally she seemed to have in JallowBah. OP, you are very small minded and obviously don't take corrections very well, hence the first guy who brought it to our attention that you would make a terrible wife has now been justified.

You're certainly not just a horrible wife material, have major issues and have twisted ideas and I am certain it is the problems you have at the home front that made you come here to confirm your twisted thoughts. You better grow up and make your home work and stop looking for people to back your warped thinking.

12 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by claremont(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
Threads selected for the frontpage should be from posters with a good command of written English and devoid of insults. This thread clearly lacks these ingredients. The OP is not a good reflection of Nigerian women.

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Paentera(m): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: in dis days wen u can hardly find a well brot up maid and one dats not even possessed...nd bringin in family membas to live with u frm eida syd isn't an option eida....nd men dat r supposed to help er claimin men of d ause....u r def learners...women r wisin up
abeg

Check out how twisted the thoughts of the OP is. She has major issues and is the type that runs from Church to Alfa, Babalawo to Spiritualist looking for solutions to problems she created.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 12:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
Paentera:

Check out how twisted the thoughts of the OP is. She has major issues and is the type that runs from Church to Alfa, Babalawo to Spiritualist looking for solutions to problems she created.
stories dat touches...
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by theripper2: 12:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
This social engineering or women emancipation watever to suppress, oppress and subdue men will not work in Nigeria. Our mothers and grandmothers knew their roles as home makers and builders and did a wonderful job at dat. Since dis garbled foreign mentality of gender equality crept in, u notice d high rate of divorce and chaotic marriages. Leave dis nonsense for the "akatas", it is Un-African. Every "responsible" man should see the wife as a help mate but the instance a wife begins to give ultimatums on things to do and partition. Wahala go dey o.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Asis(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2013
alutacontinua:

how about u try to ignore him if u cannot stand him instead of those words up there, if he cums online nd sees that nd decides to drop his own, uknow dt's anoda journey to some e-bullies and e-fights.
well said
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Truckpusher(m): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: sometime last week, I got into a discussion with a male friend of mine and the subject of discussion was that gone are the days when women sit at home to cater for children....These days, its a collective effort...now, that got me thinking if the financial responsibility at the home front is now shared...what happens to the domestic responsibilities....cos I know men who still insist their wife do their laundry and sum chores all in the name of being the man of the house...
my only happiness is that an average guy will always notice that you won't make a good wife , fuvck you for some years and dump your azz when you needed him most......by the time you hit 35 your prayer point go change by force if you like dey there dey form feminist ideology we dun see your type tire ...na today?
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: sometime last week, I got into a discussion with a male friend of mine and the subject of discussion was that gone are the days when women sit at home to cater for children....These days, its a collective effort...now, that got me thinking if the financial responsibility at the home front is now shared...what happens to the domestic responsibilities....cos I know men who still insist their wife do their laundry and sum chores all in the name of being the man of the house...
OP, there are different types of homes and how they are run. In some homes, the wife contributes nothing and the husband does not do house work. In Some, the wife contributes and the man does nada. In some, They work hand - in - hand to make their home work. Every couple decide either consciously or unconsciously how they want their home to be and live if that. If your hubby helps you in domestic work, appreciate it because there are many who don't. If you help him in finances, let him be grateful because some wives will not help even if the man is dying.

13 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2013
claremont: Threads selected for the frontpage should be from posters with a good command of written English and devoid of insults. This thread clearly lacks these ingredients. The OP is not a good reflection of Nigerian women.
and Kingwax must be a good reflection if the Nigerian Man.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Truckpusher(m): 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
Peeps like this OP ends up in a TRUCKPUSHER'S bedroom begging for love that doesn't exist grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
Truckpusher: Peeps like this OP ends up in a TRUCKPUSHER'S bedroom begging for love that doesn't exist grin grin grin grin
u can't even stand HIM
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Truckpusher(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
bukatyne: OP, there are different types of homes and how they are run. In some homes, the wife contributes nothing and the husband does not do house work. In Some, the wife contributes and the man does nada. In some, They work hand - in - hand to make their home work. Every couple decide either consciously or unconsciously how they want their home to be and live if that. If your hubby helps you in domestic work, appreciate it because there are many who don't. If you help him in finances, let him be grateful because some wives will not help even if the man is dying.
This is an ideal good wife material.Talks with maturity and high level of understanding....you must marry a good husband that is if you don't have one already......forget abt the baby op talking like a 16year old girl

7 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
a man`s duty in the HOME NOWADAYS IS TO BE WASHING PLATE and also bathing the woman and their children embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Truckpusher(m): 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: u can't even stand HIM
can't stand him or her because I'm totally lost here.....I have peeps like this op in my office and all day long they complain abt a guy that came into in their life once and never showed up and woe betides you if you flaunt any beautiful girl before them as your girlfriend , they will gossip your name until there primary assignments will still be on their desk....the one wey pain me pass na the one wey be say when you wan get free kpomo from them the next thing na marriage them dey talk like say to marry na come chop.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by thehunted(m): 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
Lol at topic
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Truckpusher(m): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: u can't even stand HIM
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by loswhite(m): 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2013
2buff:

This is Nigerian thinking. You better hope you STAY in Nigerian then and not leave.
That is why Nigerian homes breakup here, unless you don't want her to work. But if she has to work, do ALL that, and sex you on top in this part of the world....You suppose pity am naw.
so r u insinuating dat Nigerian mentality is poor. D last time I check d ppl wit better mentality as u claimed hav more broken home than ours. @ op u r not yet married n u lookin 4 ways to share domestic duty wit ur husband to be.well u can start wit a roaster for morning duty
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
[quote author=Truckpusher]This is an ideal good wife material.Talks with maturity and high level of understanding....you must marry a good husband that is if you don't have one already......forget abt the baby op talking like a 16year old girl[/q who says I dnt appreciate wat ma hubby does...of course I kno most men not even sum, dnt do half of wat he does...al am sayin is, its not normal nd dey shdnt pride demselves in it...I dnt get aw men feel relaxed even wen dey c their wives runnin frm d kitchen to d bedroom...well, I guess we r al entitled to our own opinion...nd dat applies to ppl who feel women like me dnt deserve a gud man...I wnt argue dat cos I av one already...nd I love him more for doin tinz dat an average nigerian man wil neva do for his wife
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Jotonio(f): 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
Looool,some people get bad mouth sha!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by omiobo: 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
Man is to kill cow,the woman is to cook the cow

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by touchmeder: 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2013
We both work but i run the house generally
I cook, clean and do the whole stuff BUT he helps
I dont insist, i dont do rota, i dont do 50 50 nonsense but he just generally helps out
A good man who loves his wife will do these sort of things you dont have to insist and run all over the place screaming
He will do his bit because he cares and loves you (at least mine does)
Understanding between the couple is the key. Each to their own

10 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2013
touchmeder: We both work but i run the house generally
I cook, clean and do the whole stuff BUT he helps
I dont insist, i dont do rota, i dont do 50 50 nonsense but he just generally helps out
A good man who loves his wife will do these sort of things you dont have to insist and run all over the place screaming
He will do his bit because he cares and loves you(at least mine does)
Understanding between the couple is the key.Each to their own
favorite comment...
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Truckpusher(m): 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
[quote author=busolayemi][/quote]Then why are you coming here to influence unmarried girls that showing some bravado to their hubby will make them different from other women?.....women don't enjoy their husbands by showing gragra oh...if you want your husband licking your foot, all you've got to do is to show that weak feminine nature which is normal and natural and you'll see the man becoming a superman feeling like a king that wants to protect his priced subjects even with his life....men are just like that in nature.....no sane man will mistreat a woman that is soft, gentle, and respectful .most women that doesn't get help from their husbands are mostly women that wants equal right and all that stuff you peeps keep buying from the west because the man's natural instinct will see you as a fellow competitor he'll no longer see himself as protector hence the clashes and all that follows.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? / Woman Divorced For Receiving Blood Donation From Shitte Member (pics) / My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.