Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings (7485 Views)

Why I Registered After 5yrs Of Being A Guest To This Forum / People Have Start Worshiping This Nnamdi Kanu See What A 5yrs Boy Wrote / Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by Davidogar(m): 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2013
in diss our country If u want to steal, start from millions 2 billions so dat u can use som 2 settle lawyers an police an EFCC, coz if u go steal 100k, mmmmmm, na die be dat, we go say goodbye to hell in a cell, life jail
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by UceeGod: 4:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
di kontri do taya me o cry
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by lumeneng22: 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2013
Is this not the same court that exonerate ibori? Poor boy no plea bargain.
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2013
I wish GEJ and his gang can see this thread. grin
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by bigfat02: 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
[size=25pt]you guys should not spread false news this guy stole gold earring worth 250 million naira please can some verify[/size]
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by chichi414: 5:11pm On Feb 06, 2013
What is this country turning into it a pity dat a small thief is sentence to 5yrs while a big theif is sentence to 2yrs dis country na wa God help us
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by Orikinla(m): 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
He must have stolen them to give them as Valentine gift to his chick. grin
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by slimfit1(m): 5:31pm On Feb 06, 2013
The judiciary is our problem in this country let sort them out and see what will happen. The judge probably knows that the accused is of know benefit to him unlike the pension bandits. We are supposed to fight for equality but no we keep ignoring serious issues like this. However, I'm not in support off the offence committed but I think if the pension bandits can get a fine the same law applies to him as well. Which kind of lawyers do we have that can't use the same sentencing used for the bandits for small crimes like this.
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by holluwai(m): 5:32pm On Feb 06, 2013
Nigeria has gone crazy!

Chanchit: Nigeria is going crazy.
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by slimfit1(m): 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2013
chichi414: What is this country turning into it a pity dat a small thief is sentence to 5yrs while a big theif is sentence to 2yrs dis country na wa God help us

Let swipe it under the carpet please till it's your turn grin
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by ziccoit: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
The moment I heard this news, my mind was cursing the Nigerian rulers involuntarily even when I was trying to stop it voluntarily.
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
Eiyaa...i dey sori 4 d guy
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by Bokoharam: 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
N32Bn = 2 years jail term;
N25,000 = 5 years

Terrible!

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by andyanders: 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
Bokoharam:
N32Bn = 2 years jail term;
N25,000 = 5 years

Terrible!

You are not right.
N32 BN= go home and rest.
N25,000= 5yrs with hard labour
You must steal big to walk free and join PDP board member
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by SELFWORTH: 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2013
Stealing is stealing.

Punishment are meant to act as a deterrent to other criminals to be.

Anyone guilty of a crime small or big needs to be punished. How can you feel sorry for a criminal ?
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by Viktallbay(m): 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2013
d verdict is very OK nothing can be done for our politicians. Dey re rotten beyond control but discouraging stealing among d youths is d only way we can look forward to a better future for this country

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2013
It is very obvious that he didn't have a defense lawyer.
The item stolen must be pahunda.....you can't buy real gold chain for such meager amount.

The man should be set free with just a fine. And the state governor should start feeding and clothing him.
O tidi. Omo ijoba ...govt pikin....
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by wirinet(m): 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
I do not think the problem is with the judiciary per se, the problem with Nigeria is that there is a sort of class apartheid within the nigerian society. The poor class envy, admire and at the same time hate the rich. The rich class loath and hate the poor class. They do not even want to see them - except to take advantage of them or exploit them. This class discrimination runs in all strata of the society, from the judiciary to our churches and mosques.

That is why i believe a class war is a possibility in Nigeria, where the poor class would attack the rich class, if there is a breakdown of law and order in Nigeria.
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by sanusimuslim: 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
Haba, am totally surprised about our judiciary in this country and Mr GEJ administration is the most worstest government Nigeria ever had because it is in this country that someone embezzle #23.3 billion and sentences him into 2yrs in prison or the fine of #750k now someone stole Gold worth of #25k o be jailed for 5yrs, imaging similar thing happen to Bode Gorge who embezzle NPA money and went to jail and come back and celebrate it. Therefore, our judiciary as been full of corruption and ambiguous judges. This administration is only concern he richers and leave the poorer to be punished. But they should remember God that whatever you do you will have he reward here and thereafter
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by touchmeder: 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2013
what of the one who stole millions upon millions and got off with a fine only shocked

Fair justice for the wealthy
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by crackhouse(m): 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2013
Oh yeah, this is where they exercise their powers.
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by redsun(m): 1:19am On Feb 07, 2013
The judges are just as wayward ad the police and politicians in Nigeria. All they listen to is the highest bidder,irrespective of who the accused or complainant is.

It is a lawless situation and the weak bears the brunts.
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by 1025: 11:15am On Feb 07, 2013
i don't think there is anything wrong with our judiciary rather it is our thieves that have problem of understanding.
i think most of the nigerian commentators base their judgements on the laws of other countries.
if you look at our laws in practise, they are quite different.
we have seen bode george over 100b and just 2 yrs. we saw cecilia ibru excess billions and less than 3 months in a 5 star hospital worth N90,000 per night. we are seeing this pension man now, and he is getting something around 2 yrs. all these great nigerian criminals directly or indirectly have the approvals of the federal republic of nigeria.
is it not obvious that from the billions, offenders will be able to settle many nigerians including the lawyers and judges. what can a man stealing 25k offer?
let us learn and stop complaining. the signals are clear here, STEAL BIG AND GET LESSER TERMS OR STEAL LITTLE AND GET BIGGER TERMS. no scientists say the higher u go the cooler it becomes?
as for me, i must break record. watch out for me. any time u hear that someone steal N5t (five trilion naira only) just know that it is me, 1025.
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by Walphem(m): 11:49am On Feb 07, 2013
Abba 25, 000 naira Gold earrings equals 5years imprisonment, 23b naira equals 750, 000 bail, what a comparison.this country is simply for the big thieves, not the regular thieves.kai
Re: Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings by man02: 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2013
nigeria judicial system where Pen robbery of billion of naira is regard lesser than stealing a thousand of naira.
A country where application of the law is binding on the less privilege elites where the mafias loot away and enjoy themselves abroad.
Monkey dey work Baboon the chop

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Warning To Niger Delta People, The Amaechi Treatment. / Humility At Its Peak:See The Cheap Phone President Buhari Is Using(pic) / Briskila Solomon Dalung's Burial Is On Saturday February, 4th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.