Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,842 members, 7,844,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only (3904 Views)

My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / Urgent Advice From Matured Minds / Big Dilemma In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 09, 2013
kodewrita: GIVE HER THE CV.
OP, DO THIS.

lastmanstandn: @ OP
Please lets swap positions.
In fact, I will send my CV, marry the lady (as long as I'm not breakn someone's heart to do so).

* I fit even change my surname to hers *

All way na way

grin grin
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by ebuka247: 1:32am On Feb 09, 2013
O boy you dey dull seriously, jump on the golden opportunity nah... Are u sure u are a naija guy? But sorry oo, are u a Nigerian
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 09, 2013
Shebi you wan put yourself for 1 chance abi. You dont wany to dine with the devil but you want to drink of his wine abi?

GOAT WEY NOR DEY HEAR WORD, ENTER EXPRESSWAY, NA PETROL TANKER GO SHOW AM THE WAY.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by viruz007(m): 3:09am On Feb 09, 2013
As difficult as ur position might seem, this are my offers to you as probable solutions.

1. Submit your Cv, get the job with the aim of building of experience and try and keep the girl at arm's length... worse case if na means to tie u down, u no gree, dem fire u but u don get experience.

2. You don't submit the CV, but severe every tie with that girl cuz she nor her mother will find it funny...

3. Op pray to Baba God... shikena.

#NuffSaid
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by Davico(m): 9:11am On Feb 09, 2013
My friend! Let's critically view this issue
1.dont present ur self bad to her mum by rejecting d job.Don't put urs elf in a jacket u can't jump out
2. Av it in mind u av a temporary job n u can get connected to get oda jobs thru dat
3.dont accept d gal again,she only came back because she couldn't get som1like u
4.she want to pretend n drive u into marriage b4 revamping her tru character
5.continue to b her frend but always stig off any relatnshp talk wen raised
6.appreciate d mum as ur friends mum n beware of getting 2 much close to their house
7.dont be a purchased husband, always b ready to giv up the job anytime. Else u will ever live to regret d gr8 consequences of little decision.
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by chronique(m): 10:09am On Feb 09, 2013
If you're so clear you don't wanna be with the girl in future,then spell out your terms. Let her know you don't intend having a future with her & make sure she's not sending the wrong signal to her mum about you. If possible,let her know you can't get into a relationship with her even if her mum helps you get the job. Watch her response;if she starts acting up,forget her & their offer & face your life. If she's ok with that,fire on. But don't make the mistake of bending cos of a job. If you eventually hit it with her again,be sure she's changed & erase every form of sentiments...
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by esere826: 11:24am On Feb 09, 2013
@Op I like and admire ur sense of pride. It will take you far

This is what u could do
U've made it clear to the girl that yuou dont want the relationship

So give her mum your cv
Get into the job for one year, then switchto another company
This will sort everything

It does not mean that you cannot continue to be a friend to the girl
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by Naledi14(f): 1:13pm On Feb 09, 2013
GIVE HER YOUR CV SERIOUSLY YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE

ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING NEVER UPSET THE GIRL EVER!!! SHE WANTS YOU AND WANTS YOU SOO BAD SHE IS WILLING TO SET YOU UP FOR HER FUTURE.

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED. BE WARNED NEVER TO PUT THE GIRL IN A POSITION IN WHICH SHE FEELS SHE HAS ANY RIGHTS OVER YOU, SHE SOUNDS AMBITIOUS AS WELL AND TRUST SHE WILL IMPLOY EVERY TRICK THERE IS TO GET TO YOU.
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2013
gparker:

Hardbody, you challenge my claim? angry

Now that's typical Nigerian lawyer language & attitude grin

But hey I'm not offended and yes I'm a lawyer why would I make a claim like that if I wasn't?

Not everyone on NL is pretencious you know, still lol at 'I challenge your claim' you are a lawyer indeed.

Like seriously, anyone would, why would you say such a thing about a noble profession? As a learned colleague, though am still a law student, I'd say your claims should be questioned.
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by Beync(f): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2013
gparker: Ok first of all who is Patrick Obahiagbon? Don't know him and I don't want to know him, your ex's ITK (I too know) attitude plus big & unnecessary grammar is the reason why I can't stand lawyers and to think I'm a lawyer myself wink well I don't practice and I don't care much for that profession it was a gross mistake on my part.

Anyway back to you, sorry for deviating I think you should send your cv sending the resume doesn't mean you've accepted to take her back. If someone offers you help that doesn't involve you doing anything indecent or illegal please take it.

Now if you eventually get a job through her mum just continue to make clear your stance on your relationship with her and keep the entire family at arms length while being respectful from a distance. That means no more attending birthday bashs or family gatherings of any kind, please also express your gratitude for the job (if you get it) but getting up close & personal with any family member is a big no.

Now while you are on the job do your work diligently & ethically, be an honest employee build healthy relationships at the work place with colleagues & superiors whom you can use as refernces in your next job if the need ever arises. Strive to ensure you are found with no faults so even if your ex's mother wants to sabotage you for any reasons it would be glaring to all that it's a witch hunt.

I want to believe this girl and her family are sane people who won't go after you viciously if you refuse to date her afterwards.
Nicely put.
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by drnoel: 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2013
yuzedo: Op, have you no modicum of dignity and self-respect?? You broke up with someone who proceeded to tell you your life history and abuse your ancestors, and you continued to maintain a "distant friendship" with the person? undecided now you're half-way into reuniting because of a job and you think the dilemma is whether it is a trap?

No, the real quandry is whether you're shameless or just st(u)pid, (or both).. No offence.

You suppose don burn that bridge tey tey! Person wey no respect you na who you dey shine teeth with. Do you have a vachina somewhere bro? Please let honor for self be your guiding light and mantra.

.. Disregard my harsh words. They are not to be taken personal, but I think they are needed if only to show you how pathetic this behaviour of yours is.
In as much as I agree with you, I still think the poster should just send his cv. I mean since u maintained contact all that while, what have u to lose.
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by gparker: 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
Floxyluv:
Like seriously, anyone would, why would you say such a thing about a noble profession? As a learned colleague, though am still a law student, I'd say your claims should be questioned.

Can you all see why I said I can't stand lawyers? They are always thinking highly of themselves and their so called noble profession while thinking less of every other profession. As a learned colleague What do you even mean by that? Aren't teachers,lecturers, doctors,ICT professionals,engineers learned people?

If I may ask what exactly is noble about the legal profession? Is it the fact you all get to wear a wig & gown that doesn't even look smart but rather tardy, causing folks to sweat buckets in this unfavourable weather of ours? Or is it the Barrister title? No that can't be it because even medical practitioners have titles, numerous ones for that matter from doctor, to gyneacologist, opthamologist etc

Is it the archaic english language of the law (or pardon me it's actually called legal language right?)that makes the profession noble? I'm sure you know the archaic language I'm talking about e.g herein refered to. What's herein? Help me out because I'm still trying to figure out what makes this profession noble.

A profession that pays peanuts and does more harm than good in our society is certainly not a noble one in my opinion. Your courts are congested with cases left, right and center not allowing for swift & efficient execution of cases, matters drag on forever with no end to litigation, failing to bring justice to victims of injustice. Judges receive bribes to delay cases or pronounce a verdict in favour of the paying party (believe me I know what I'm talking about).So I ask again what's noble about this profession?

I repeat I am a lawyer who's been called to the Nigerian Bar,I realized a long time ago this was a bullshit career path one I regret. But I thought to myself hey what the hell you've come this far just go through with it and change career path afterwards.

You may find all of this unbelievable but I'm not cut out of the same cloth as most lawyers, who take unnecessary pride in the profession, it is whacked. And if the profession was all that great why didn't the lawyers from Naija win us the bakassi case? I hear Nigeria went to court with over 10 lawyers for that matter while the camerounians went with just two and they got judgment in their favour grin grin

Me, I'm done talking. You, hardbody and anyone else who cares to join in can knock your heads against the wall about my claims and the fact that I just ridiculed our noble profession. HAH noble indeed angry

3 Likes

Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 10, 2013
Am indeed overwhelmed n grateful for all the supportive and plausible contributions to this thread. After critically weighing the consequences of each path, I decided to choose my freedom over free lunch with an hidden obligation. I understand my decision might sound dumb to some ears but my happiness is what matters most to me n not living in paradise with chains . Once again, I really appreciate ur concern. God bless.
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by Ishilove: 11:37am On Feb 10, 2013
crystal9t: Am indeed overwhelmed n grateful for all the supportive and plausible contributions to this thread. After critically weighing the consequences of each path, I decided to choose my freedom over free lunch with an hidden obligation. I understand my decision might sound dumb to some ears but my happiness is what matters most to me n not living in paradise with chains . Once again, I really appreciate ur concern. God bless.
You have chosen wisely. Gods gifts are free and addeth no sorrow.
I pray God gives you a job that will wipe your tears away. Amen
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by ITbomb(m): 11:43am On Feb 10, 2013
If you don't give her that CV , I'm gonna kill you.
What do you have to lose?
Get the job , get acquainted with your fellow workers and superiors.
If they threaten you with a marriage contract , call their buff and resign , it would be easier to get back in .
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by gparker: 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2013
Crystal9t

Guy wetin dey worry you, you dey craze (no offence meant wink). Why are you so certain there's a hidden agenda? Haba send the resume first now and then see what happens. Sending a resume is no guarantee that a job will land in your laps, send your resume if eventually you are called for an interview and made an offer or given an appointment letter stating a job description and the perks involved, THEN you can turn it down at that point citing whatever reasons you want to.

The scenario I painted above would be useful in your job search, because you can use that offer/appointment letter as your bargaining power in the search for work. For instance if you are made an offer by company ABC which you don't like, you can simply say company XYZ made you a similar offer which you turned down.... chances are company ABC may up their game, are you getting my drift? I sure hope so

Do you have any work experience since NYSC? It's important that you build a formidable work experience and also become excellent at job interviews where you make employers salivate for you even if you know you are not going to take the job. Bros me I dey vex oooo angry, see as you just make me dey yarn on top your thread like say na me create the thread. I've said enough

One last thing though, will you take my resume and give it to these folks? Me I'm not joking ooo so respond asap
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by Ishilove: 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
gparker: Crystal9t

Guy wetin dey worry you, you dey craze (no offence meant wink). Why are you so certain there's a hidden agenda? Haba send the resume first now and then see what happens. Sending a resume is no guarantee that a job will land in your laps, send your resume if eventually you are called for an interview and made an offer or given an appointment letter stating a job description and the perks involved, THEN you can turn it down at that point citing whatever reasons you want to.

The scenario I painted above would be useful in your job search, because you can use that offer/appointment letter as your bargaining power in the search for work. For instance if you are made an offer by company ABC which you don't like, you can simply say company XYZ made you a similar offer which you turned down.... chances are company ABC may up their game, are you getting my drift? I sure hope so

Do you have any work experience since NYSC? It's important that you build a formidable work experience and also become excellent at job interviews where you make employers salivate for you even if you know you are not going to take the job. Bros me I dey vex oooo angry, see as you just make me dey yarn on top your thread like say na me create the thread. I've said enough

One last thing though, will you take my resume and give it to these folks? Me I'm not joking ooo so respond asap

Guy wetin be your own for inside? Abi you be agent? The negro has made up his mind so leave him be o jare. He wears the shoes, he knows where it pinches, and he has a better picture and understanding of the whole situation so stop beh-ing joh. angry
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by gparker: 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ishilove], you wetin dey do you? No be fight now smiley abeg calm down joor. Pls tell me whether I made sense or not? As much as I understand his fears they may very well be un-founded the least he can do is send the cv and then watch what happens.

Since when did sending someone a resume become a crime? I clearly said he can turn down any offers IF he receives any. Please God gave us common sense and an ability to think & reason things through so we won't always run to him about every little problem.
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2013
gparker, I understand ur grievance against me, just as ishilove pointed out, I wish I could paint the complete picture of the situation here on nairaland so that u can clearly see why I took that decision. All the same thank you for your interest in this matter. As regards sending ur resume to them, I just wish I could possibly help you. Maybe some other time...
Re: I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only by gparker: 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2013
Crystal

We are cool, no hard feelings on my part ooo, I just wish you'll reconsider but like you said I don't know all the details so .... no wahala. But you for send my resume naah kai see as oil & gas job just waka pass us ooo. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Things Only Women With Big B00bs Can Understand / Many Girls Complain Of Their Men Wanting Too Much Sexxx / Nigerian Girls Are Pure Gold Diggers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.