Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train (5032 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Did You Watch Tinubu At The Lagos Apc Presidential Rally Today? / Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 6:15am On Feb 08, 2013
I saw the thread by blims and cant help but laugh at the rediculus misinformation dished out by him. Agreed the train is not at top speed yet but atleast it is serving people. I didnt actual wanted to take the train on the said date but it was just a coincidence as i was travelling to Ilorin from lagos but had to drop some stuff down at osogbo and it was already getting late to travel by road due to the dangerous and bad state of the offa-ilorin road.I was by the rail tracks trying board a bike when a train coming from lagos whizzed past me. Suprised i enquired from the bike man where it was heading and he told me ilorin and thats how i found myself on it. To dispell the facts no body in actual was sitting on the train and within 2hours i was in ilorin, we left osogbo around 4:10 and arrived ilorin 6:35pm. Peeps saying it takes eternity need to understand trains aint supermachines and sometimes they break down which requires the nrc to call for a new locomitive head to continue the journey. Or who wants to tell me ABC or other road transporters bus dont occasionally break down thus extending the travel hours. Atleast many peeps here have entered the trains and can testify to the fact. I aint a gej supporter but seriously lets do without this disinformation you arent doing anyone any good.

Also i asked those coming from lagos what time they left and they said 11am which makes it a total of 8 hours or so....also i paid just N180 instead of the N700 it would have cost me i had travelled by the normal bus route. Many peeps were also kinda happy and i noticed some dudes at last coach having some kinda of party with music blaring at the loudest....so what else? Abegiii...
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by kokosheen(m): 6:55am On Feb 08, 2013
Blims showed evidence of his train trip with pictures from his phone, where is yours
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by micklplus(m): 7:15am On Feb 08, 2013
Just a picture would seal your claims and make your story more believable.

You left oshogbo 4:10pm and got to Ilorin 6:35pm, is that two hours? Before nko, how many hours should you have used from oshogbo to Ilorin?
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Alkapina(m): 7:18am On Feb 08, 2013
i totally agree with you backing up your views with pics for authenticity..cos blims story does nt seem to be out of d ordinary...and he took pictures too
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 08, 2013
kokosheen: Blims showed evidence of his train trip with pictures from his phone, where is yours
good for him to have a camera. It might interest you to also note that na touch light phone i carry for hand.

Pictures they say carry thousands of words but also pictures can also be used to present a skewed view of a situation. I boarded the train not on a fact finding mission but on a neccesity. Sorry if i dont have a pic for you but i beg to disagree with most of his claims.

I agree we aint perfect yet but dude the railway service has been thriving atleast. Most of the comments about peeps on the train do happen on mostly intra city rail service like those run inside lagos presently.

Osun gov has been running a free train service during festivities from lagos to osogbo and the last one was on the 31st of december 2012. Also the train that took the cadet intake of the nigerian army just recently from kano-lagos. We are not there yet and i would support any move to upgrade this facilities to serve Nigerians better.

You can also verify this info i gave you from others who have boarded it but if you are itching for answers seriously the Iddo station is a good way to go..

1 Like

Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by micklplus(m): 7:28am On Feb 08, 2013
Mdsocks, I like how you were able to explain and present your account. Good one and yes, we need to improve more before we can tag this as an achievement.
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by takedat(m): 7:43am On Feb 08, 2013
@Op, your post is too good to be true! The journey from Oshogbo to Ilorin by road is less than 2hours and if we factor the poor state of Offa to Ilorin road, it should be a journey of approx two and half hours. Are you trying to say travelling by rail(locomotive train) is faster than going on road? Coupled with the fact that the train will have to stop at the Offa terminal, which will take at least 15minutes for passengers to alight and for others to board. Please I am confused, kindly enlighten me on how you made it a journey of within two hours or a little more
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 08, 2013
@Op..,thanks for sharing your experience with us. I hope your thread also makes the front page. What is good for the goose should also be good for the gander.
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by GARRIx7(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2013
kokosheen: Blims showed evidence of his train trip with pictures from his phone, where is yours

Thank You my brother. Even Sahara reporters has a story (with pictorial evidence) that is very similar to Blim's story!!

Pics don't lie!!!
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by MrMcJay(m): 8:10am On Feb 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Op..,thanks for sharing your experience with us. I hope your thread also makes the front page. What is good for the goose should also be good for the gander.

Let him supply pictures and answer the questions as to time posed here. Maybe, he'll also make the frontpage. Alternatively, he can add this link in the other thread as a way of counterbalancing.

BTW, SincereNigerian, what do you do for a living?
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by wesley80(m): 8:38am On Feb 08, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Thank You my brother. Even Sahara reporters has a story (with pictorial evidence) that is very similar to Blim's story!!

Pics don't lie!!!

Sharrap Gbawe, that was @blims story on Sahara Reporters.
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 08, 2013
Mr McJay:

Let him supply pictures and answer the questions as to time posed here. Maybe, he'll also make the frontpage.

Alternatively, he can add this link in the other thread as a way of counterbalancing.

Damn..what the hell...Frontpage grin grin grin grin

You actually think i posted this just to make the frontpage. angry angry

Maybe you check my profile not bragging but i have been here since 2007 and frontpage aint shit to me. I have nothing

less than 10 topics that had hit frontpage(which were never related to ass licking or praise singing) and am not

seeking prominence or fame. Got that??

I just felt sliced by him make a generalization of the situation because of one trip( One trip that was marked from

the onset in prejudice .) and needed to air my own views about what i believe to be me my own side.

1 Like

Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 08, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Pics don't lie!!!

Pics don't lie unless the pictorial narration or taker is biased and not objective wink wink
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by GARRIx7(m): 8:56am On Feb 08, 2013
wesley80:

Sharrap Gbawe, that was @blims story on Sahara Reporters.

cheesy

Maybe Mdstocks should send his too...... grin

Besides I'm entertained by ur delusion which borders on Insanity...

cheesy
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by tomakint: 8:57am On Feb 08, 2013
@OP your story is the true picture of the state of our rail system! However, there is still room for improvement becos a trip from Lagos to Ilorin should take less than 2hours unlike the clown on the other thread laying claims to 21 hours and taking strange and doctored pictures to back up his warped views undecided @op, good job wink
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 08, 2013
GARRI (x7):

cheesy

Maybe Mdstocks should send his too...... grin

Besides I'm entertained by ur delusion which borders on Insanity...

cheesy

You have been here too long to know pics can be swayed the way we all want it. I can as well take my camera and go

snapping trains but of what value if my intention is to paint the best picture of the train system. Obviously that

shows am biased.

Maybe you check this link and you will have a rethink that what the picture depicts is what the poster want the world

to see..

https://www.nairaland.com/1062003/oshogbo-nigerias-most-beatiful-city
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by takedat(m): 9:04am On Feb 08, 2013
tomakint: @OP your story is the true picture of the state of our rail system! However, there is still room for improvement becos a trip from Lagos to Ilorin should take less than 2hours unlike the clown on the other thread laying claims to 21 hours and taking strange and doctored pictures to back up his warped views undecided @op, good job wink
Bros go back to re-read the post. He is talking of a journey from Oshogbo to Ilorin within 2hrs which is unbelievable, while you are talking of Lagos to Ilorin for less than 2hrs. Na bullet train?
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 08, 2013
and this would be my last post with a quote from no other than the Eko Atlantic himself from the link i posted earlier... cheesy

Wow Op shocked
can't believe someone can go extra mile in showing his obsession with someone's thread trying to showcase his state.

You should be ashamed of your childish act, but you said you're a coper SMH undecided
Because someone posted the beautiful part of his state, does that mean there's no slum there?
Ok here is anambra state. Mind you, Lagos is the most developed state in Nigeria, but it has enough slums. What do want to say about that?

Ok, here is Anambra state. The commercial hub of the East

Have a nice day!!! grin grin
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by doctokwus: 9:24am On Feb 08, 2013
'U were on a a railway track,asked a bike man on a train dat zoomed past u& dats how u fd urself on d train'.
I don't understand dat part.Its clear u set out to do one thing& dat is to discredit d earlier story wt ur clearly skewed angle of things.
Evn if I don't agree wt d original post tryin to discredit d modest achievement in @least gettin d trains movin again;some pple fail to c dat sometimes objective criticism makes d govt improve,a system better,society develops& d glory still falls down to d govt in power
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 08, 2013
doctokwus: 'U were on a a railway track,asked a bike man on a train dat zoomed past u& dats how u fd urself on d train'.
I don't understand dat part.Its clear u set out to do one thing& dat is to discredit d earlier story wt ur clearly skewed angle of things.
Evn if I don't agree wt d original post tryin to discredit d modest achievement in @least gettin d trains movin again;some pple fail to c dat sometimes objective criticism makes d govt improve,a system better,society develops& d glory still falls down to d govt in power

..Ok let me break it down. For your sake and the others..

I was about to take a bike to the motor park by the popular Olaiya Junction ask anyone who's been in Osogbo before and was stopped at an intersection with the train passing. Had to jettison my earlier plans of taking bus by following the train to its terminal which was very close by.

Enough of criticism.

One thing i wish the Nigerian government would do is to just maintain the tracks and leave the coaches and route operation to private institutions. Maybe that woul enhance the services.

Wish i can enter a Nigerian train that can travel at speeds of 120-180km/hr.
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 08, 2013
mdsocks: Peeps saying it takes eternity need to understand trains aint supermachines and sometimes they break down which requires the nrc to call for a new locomitive head to continue the journey. Or who wants to tell me ABC or other road transporters bus dont occasionally break down thus extending the travel ...
And you think this is normal?! Wooow theres just gotta be a way to show you guys that u deserve better than the bullshit you guys are applauding this inept and corrupt govt for giving you. Wanna bet that you'll NEVER catch a single politician on this cattle-wagon on tracks they sandwich Nigerians in? You know why? Theyve told you what they deserve, and you've told them what you deserve--- and both sides seem to be in agreement.

P.S: it's kinda strange that you don't have a single pic to back up ur claim.
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 08, 2013
Mr McJay:

Let him supply pictures and answer the questions as to time posed here. Maybe, he'll also make the frontpage. Alternatively, he can add this link in the other thread as a way of counterbalancing.

What kinda question is this?! A man is on the computer 22hrs a day typing in every forum on NL: "GEJs fart smells like cologne", " Dame Patience speaks better English than Harvard Professors"...... And u dare ask him what he does for a living?

Bro, a beg take ur tme.
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 08, 2013
Mr McJay:

The situation of the Op is different. Obviously the Op did not set out to produce a thread on his train journey, neither did he set out on a fault finding mission. I'm sure taking of pictures is not part of what people who use mass transit systems (whether buses or trains) do in course of the journey.

If the Op has pictures, good but if not nothing spoil. Pictures become absolutely necessary to prove unusual, unexpected or bad experience.
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 08, 2013
all those wey they ask for pics google is your friend ..but if you are a lazy bottom then check this...

http://www.travelblog.org/Africa/Nigeria/blog-625541.html

It even contain a video..You want people to see what you want them to see..what we need is objective criticism which the other thread is not about..
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by kokosheen(m): 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
mdsocks: all those wey they ask for pics google is your friend ..but if you are a lazy bottom then check this...

http://www.travelblog.org/Africa/Nigeria/blog-625541.html

It even contain a video..You want people to see what you want them to see..what we need is objective criticism which the other thread is not about..

You're now complicating this issue. We asked for pix to back your claims and you've responded that you use a torchlight Nokia phone shikena . You don't need to scavenge the net to support your claims dude, you're just strengthening the doubt I have.

Anyway, you can type whatever you like, na you get your "Nokia torchlight" phone you dey use post. grin
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The situation of the Op is different. Obviously the Op did not set out to produce a thread on his train journey, neither did he set out on a fault finding mission. I'm sure taking of pictures is not part of what people who use mass transit systems (whether buses or trains) do in course of the journey.

If the Op has pictures, good but if not nothing spoil. Pictures become absolutely necessary to prove unusual, unexpected or bad experience.
Yeah, whatever.

You still didn't answer the question he asked you: What do you do for a living?,
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
kokosheen:

You're now complicating this issue. We asked for pix to back your claims and you've responded that you use a torchlight Nokia phone shikena . You don't need to scavenge the net to support your claims dude, you're just strengthening the doubt I have.

Anyway, you can type whatever you like, na you get your "Nokia torchlight" phone you dey use post. grin
yeah ...complications you would say..

You wanted a pic i never got it..even if i had it, would it have changed your doubts ..no.

I posted the video link as another source of info which in this case reflects what i have been repeating to you guys asking for a pic... You present only what you want the world to see!

So,stop trying to sound concerned . It dosen't cut it with me.
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Ufeolorun(m): 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
Hmnn. train journey full of sappy tales cheesy
I thought we've move past the Era of muddies with multiple Ids.
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 09, 2013
@moderators..,will this thread not also make front page? When El Rufai's blasphemous tweet was being moved to the front page, it was ACCOMPANIED by a thread containing his apology.

In case the moderators of NL dont know, the initial thread https://www.nairaland.com/1174831/nairalanders-ilorin-lagos-train-experience
is being used by other countries to ridicule Nig at the moment.

Even in the midst of some persons hatred for the president of Nig, they should also remember that Jonathan is not Nigeria. We have no other country but Nigeria
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by ypzilanti: 11:07am On Feb 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @moderators..,will this thread not also make front page? When El Rufai's blasphemous tweet was being moved to the front page, it was ACCOMPANIED by a thread containing his apology.

In case the moderators of NL dont know, the initial thread https://www.nairaland.com/1174831/nairalanders-ilorin-lagos-train-experience
is being used by other countries to ridicule Nig at the moment.

Even in the midst of some persons hatred for the president of Nig, they should also remember that Jonathan is not Nigeria. We have no other country but Nigeria

Picshures, please. The pictures will justify front page. Thank you.

You think we all do not wanna see correct trains running flawlessly in Nigeria? Ok...I forgot...we are all sore losers and haters.
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by alaoeri: 2:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
I disagree with the op Osogbo - Ilorin by train (naija 18th century train) within 2hours! haba
Re: Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train by Lumzy113(m): 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
Guy I just found you on nairaland. Funny how you seem to defend ur integrity on nairaland. I seriously laff at you o... Oh what a day it wuld be the day I see you in person!. Ur profile go definitely update that day. CLUES: e-machines mini-laptop, biochemistry department, scam.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Attack Helicopters In The World / Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures / PDP Chieftain Gunned Down By Suspected Assassins In Owerri. Graphic Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.