Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,660 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:50 AM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (149017 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

This is so becoming of you and your ilk... Always giving vague answers when you can't sustain your lies. The bidam that I know on this forum can spend an hour repeating the same things if he is convinced abt his stands. But, when things aren't going so well, he goes by the way of his evasive strategy. Suddenly, the man will feel sleepy even at dawn.
And who is the religious person liking your post Pls read me CAREFULLY cos its drummaboy that understands what image and i are saying: "I DON'T ARGUE TITHES ON A MANDATORY COMMANDMENT OR LAW". I have stated clearly that its a principle and not a legalistic exercise..Ok..Hope this guy get my point this time around#sighs#.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

Why would you rather protect a lie...

The bible makes us understand Abram the son of Terah was born and raised within a pagan setting.
Are you then calling the God of Abraham a pagan when he was called out of that setting?
The bible did not give details or record how these godless people worshipped their gods but they sure did have their modus operandi.
The bible does not have to give what you don't need my brother except you want to start putting extra ideas of yours from alien books into biblical accounts.
It was all present and it was a well-known pagan practice from Phoenicia, Egypt, Canaan, Mesopotamia and lands around the Fertile Crescent during and prior to the time of Abram.
Forget stories. Did Abraham tithe to Melchizedek or not? Are you following the bible or myths and fables that clearly is not your concern here?
You can help yourself to how and where tithing originated from by doing extra studies my friend.
i don't need to help my self in what clearly doesn't concerns me. But my advise to you is to help your self by walking in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham walked and who through faith and patience obtained the promises because he obeyed.

[/quote]
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 7:49am On Jul 27, 2014
Bidam: And who is the religious person liking your post Pls read me CAREFULLY cos its drummaboy that understands what image and i are saying: "I DON'T ARGUE TITHES ON A MANDATORY COMMANDMENT OR LAW". I have stated clearly that its a principle and not a legalistic exercise..Ok..Hope this guy get my point this time around#sighs#.

Why does the 'like' bother you... Don't get distracted by that bro.

Whether DB understands you or not isn't the issue.. I have raised some questions that are yet to be answered, please do answer them.

Before going to the previous questions, please respond to this: What then happens if I don't follow the principle of tithing?

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by trustman: 7:53am On Jul 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

Whether DB understands you or not isn't the issue.. I have raised some questions that are yet to be answered, please do answer them.

Before going to the previous questions, please respond to this: What then happens if I don't follow the principle of tithing?
Waiting for a clear answer from Bidam on this. Hope there will be no evasive 'action'

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2014
Bidam: And who is the religious person liking your post Pls read me CAREFULLY cos its drummaboy that understands what image and i are saying: "I DON'T ARGUE TITHES ON A MANDATORY COMMANDMENT OR LAW". I have stated clearly that its a principle and not a legalistic exercise..Ok..Hope this guy get my point this time around#sighs#.

shdemidemi has responded in the very manner I would have. I need not add anything else to it. Pls respond to him.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

Same thing that you believe happens when you don't pray, or go to church, or read your bible, or give. Whatever you believe is what happens. The new testament era is the ought to era majorly.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
Candour:

I do fully and I sincerely wish you do too

Olaa rightly showed how that passage could apply today using that devotional. i think either he or myself have made reference to that same devotional in the past, showing that tithe givers and teachers do teach that passage, contrary to concocted opinions that tithe givers don't reference it.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Image123 and Bidam

If indeed you teach that tithe giving should not be by compulsion, then you are saying basically what most anti tithers are saying on this forum.

There is no way anyone will get into a discourse on tithing and still hold unto to the compulsive tithing. Its unfortunate that we cannot trace your early discussion on tithes on this forum but I suspect that both of you came here defending the compulsive tithe but with time gave into to the FREE WILL tithes.

Unfortunate that you are lazy and your comprehension is poor. You're almost always available on the forum so go tracing ehn. We didn't just start talking here this year and you've being spared about six months of trace work already, so do go tracing.
i've not taught doing ANYTHING by force. Even giving your life to God or repentance is not by force. Prayer is not by force, tithe is not, fellowship is not, fasting is not, charity is not, etc. Exchanges have largely centred around stuff like should christians tithe, did Jesus tithe, is tithe only agricultural produce, and such likes. Our stance is very clear and unchanging on these.
Stop lying to change history. Even Mark here will disagree with all that sweet talk about what antitithers are saying. Do you fear God?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
Image123:

Olaa rightly showed how that passage could apply today using that devotional. i think either he or myself have made reference to that same devotional in the past, showing that tithe givers and teachers do teach that passage, contrary to concocted opinions that tithe givers don't reference it.

I hear you.

That devotional referenced the tithe for the poor embedded in Mosaic law but doesn't insist on a tithe for the poor today, it only advises rightly that God intends us to be generous to the needy around us from our resources. Do you agree?

Numbers 18:21-31 insists on a tithe to the levites and tithe of tithe to the priests. Do you not agree that just like the devotional used Deut 14, the lesson for Christians today is to provide for those who can't do so for themselves because of ministry work? And not an adherence to Mosaic tithes?

Does it not follow that your favourite Malachi 3 is not commanding Christians to adhere to tithing but imploring us to ensure our church groups today (members and leaders) don't suffer want when we are able to succour them?

If you believe that we shouldn't follow the law in Deut 14:22-26 to take a tithe of our increase and use for a real feast at church premises(not spiritual food), why should you be insisting on a christian paying 10% to a church organisation? Do you believe or not that the injunction in Malachi 3 isnt binding on Christians?

If we shouldn't follow Deut 14:28-29 to use all the tithe of the third year strictly for the purpose of charity as instructed by God himself with a promise of a blessing, then why insist on your almighty Malachi 3 to enforce 10% to church or pastor?

That devotional talks of taking lessons from Deut 14 and doesn't insist on strict obedience to the law. If truly you understand and agree with that devotional, you'll never again preach a mandatory or obligatory 10% to Christians.

But then.....

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
Image123:

Stop lying to change history. Even Mark here will disagree with all that sweet talk about what antitithers are saying. Do you fear God?

If you feared God you would not have called another brother who was made in God's image mad, you will also not teach the enforcement of the tithe which is tantamount to you being part of the biggest and most fraudulent ponzi scheme known to man called the paying of tithe to the pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
Image123:

Unfortunate that you are lazy and your comprehension is poor. You're almost always available on the forum so go tracing ehn. We didn't just start talking here this year and you've being spared about six months of trace work already, so do go tracing.
i've not taught doing ANYTHING by force. Even giving your life to God or repentance is not by force. Prayer is not by force, tithe is not, fellowship is not, fasting is not, charity is not, etc. Exchanges have largely centred around stuff like should christians tithe, did Jesus tithe, is tithe only agricultural produce, and such likes. Our stance is very clear and unchanging on these.
frosbel:

If you feared God you would not have called another brother who was made in God's image mad, you will also not teach the enforcement of the tithe which is tantamount to you being part of the biggest and most fraudulent ponzi scheme known to man called the paying of tithe to the pastor.

I beg help me tell am o...

He would frown at PastorKun's use of derogatory words and even question his salvation but has no qualms using them as long as he can find a scripture that can back them up. Image123 I hope you can find scriptures for "lazy" and poor comprehension o; if not your own words condemn you.

See me see wahala ...

We say you teach COMPULSORY tithing, you complain.

We agree you teach FREE WILL tithing, you vex...

wetin you want na?

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

Could the solution to this problem be that we put people under spurious fears to get theirs?

Paul only made a statement, he never put anyone who do not heed under any curse of any law whatsoever, or did he?
shdemidemi:

Could the solution to this problem be that we put people under spurious fears to get theirs?

Paul only made a statement, he never put anyone who do not heed under any curse of any law whatsoever, or did he?
also Paul did not tell the Corinthian Church to "give above their means", Contrary to what the tithe pusher would have you to believe.

2 Corinthians 8:12 (KJV) 12 For if there be first a willing mind, [it is] accepted according to that a man hath, [and] not according to that he hath not.

2 Corinthians 8:13 (KJV) 13 For [I mean] not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:

Giving above their means would certainly burden them. And Paul said his intention was not to burden them.

Bidam is not interested in the financial welfare of the people of the congregation, heis all for making the pastor richer.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bidam: Are you then calling the God of Abraham a pagan when he was called out of that setting?
The bible does not have to give what you don't need my brother except you want to start putting extra ideas of yours from alien books into biblical accounts.
Forget stories. Did Abraham tithe to Melchizedek or not? Are you following the bible or myths and fables that clearly is not your concern here?
i don't need to help my self in what clearly doesn't concerns me. But my advise to you is to help your self by walking in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham walked and who through faith and patience obtained the promises because he obeyed.

you accuse shdemi of adding ideas, but isn't it true that you are guilty of this? Spirit of the Law is not in the Bible, yet you teach it. Tithe is a principle is not in the Bible, yet you teach it.

Is it only Bidam who is allowed to teach that which the Bible omits? smh

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
Candour:

I hear you.

That devotional referenced the tithe for the poor embedded in Mosaic law but doesn't insist on a tithe for the poor today, it only advises rightly that God intends us to be generous to the needy around us from our resources. Do you agree?

Numbers 18:21-31 insists on a tithe to the levites and tithe of tithe to the priests. Do you not agree that just like the devotional used Deut 14, the lesson for Christians today is to provide for those who can't do so for themselves because of ministry work? And not an adherence to Mosaic tithes?

Does it not follow that your favourite Malachi 3 is not commanding Christians to adhere to tithing but imploring us to ensure our church groups today (members and leaders) don't suffer want when we are able to succour them?

If you believe that we shouldn't follow the law in Deut 14:22-26 to take a tithe of our increase and use for a real feast at church premises(not spiritual food), why should you be insisting on a christian paying 10% to a church organisation? Do you believe or not that the injunction in Malachi 3 isnt binding on Christians?

If we shouldn't follow Deut 14:28-29 to use all the tithe of the third year strictly for the purpose of charity as instructed by God himself with a promise of a blessing, then why insist on your almighty Malachi 3 to enforce 10% to church or pastor?

That devotional talks of taking lessons from Deut 14 and doesn't insist on strict obedience to the law. If truly you understand and agree with that devotional, you'll never again preach a mandatory or obligatory 10% to Christians.

But then.....

You're not reading what i'm saying.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

I beg help me tell am o...

He would frown at PastorKun's use of derogatory words and even question his salvation but has no qualms using them as long as he can find a scripture that can back them up. Image123 I hope you can find scriptures for "lazy" and poor comprehension o; if not your own words condemn you.

See me see wahala ...

We say you teach COMPULSORY tithing, you complain.

We agree you teach FREE WILL tithing, you vex...

wetin you want na?

You are lazy and you have poor comprehension. Those are observable facts that you consistently demonstrate. Ever gone through teachers' remarks on your report cards?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 2:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
Image123:

You're not reading what i'm saying.

How do you mean?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Image123:

Same thing that you believe happens when you don't pray, or go to church, or read your bible, or give. Whatever you believe is what happens. The new testament era is the ought to era majorly.

And what happens when I don't pray, go to church or read my bible?

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
Mr image123

Going by exodus 35:4, there was a command and there should be a willing heart to obey the command... What happens to those who don't give with a willing heart or those who do not obey such command atall?

In the New Testament, we see a free will giving without a command.. What happens to those who decide not to give, as there is no command?

Is there a difference between the two forms of giving OR are they both freewill giving?

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
Image123:

You are lazy and you have poor comprehension. Those are observable facts that you consistently demonstrate. Ever gone through teachers' remarks on your report cards?

Thank you and God bless you

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
Candour:

How do you mean?

Olaa said we should be faithful in tithes, offerings etc. You brought up Deuteronomy asking him if we should practice is faithfully as written there. He then posted a devotional(which you say you agree with) that explains how that passage applies today. Simple.

That was the basic thing i said. Your reply should logically border on whether he truly did or he did not. But you responded by asking me about four or five questions on like three passages. i'm not interested.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Thank you and God bless you

Amen.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

And what happens when I don't pray, go to church or read my bible?

Demisquare, i told you already. i'm not arguing with you, you be my chairman hehehehe.
Anyway, what do you believe happens? Your answer is the answer.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by trustman: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
Image123:

Olaa said we should be faithful in tithes, offerings etc. You brought up Deuteronomy asking him if we should practice is faithfully as written there. He then posted a devotional(which you say you agree with) that explains how that passage applies today. Simple.

That was the basic thing i said. Your reply should logically border on whether he truly did or he did not. But you responded by asking me about four or five questions on like three passages. i'm not interested.

When a person begins to dodge direct answer to questions one can suspect that he may be unconvinced about the position he claims to hold. 
I want to believe that in all honesty you're going about tithing the way you do it today because you accepted what a 'moG' or your church told you, not because you truly see is as what the Bible clearly instructed. The revelation of the 'moG' which is outside what the Bible prescribed, you believe, must be the new understanding of how to go about tithing. 
How, even with the several decades of church history given to us in the Bible, we see no mention of the church tithing and anyone today will still claim it is compulsory beats the imagination. Are you following the pattern laid down in the Bible by the apostles or 'new revelation' by man that has as its true MOTIVE getting in as much money into the church as possible for the use of the 'men of God' and 'image laundering' for the church.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
trustman:

When a person begins to dodge direct answer to questions one can suspect that he may be unconvinced about the position he claims to hold. 
I want to believe that in all honesty you're going about tithing the way you do it today because you accepted what a 'moG' or your church told you, not because you truly see is as what the Bible clearly instructed. The revelation of the 'moG' which is outside what the Bible prescribed, you believe, must be the new understanding of how to go about tithing. 
How, even with the several decades of church history given to us in the Bible, we see no mention of the church tithing and anyone today will still claim it is compulsory beats the imagination. Are you following the pattern laid down in the Bible by the apostles or 'new revelation' by man that has as its true MOTIVE getting in as much money into the church as possible for the use of the 'men of God' and 'image laundering' for the church. 

You have a right to your opinions, this is page 116. God knows i've paid my dues on tithetalks, questions and answers on this forum. There is nothing new under the sun. Next.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
Image123:

Of course you won't be interested and I surely don't need you to be interested because those questions will always expose your consistent inconsistency. If you feel obliged to defend olaa(as if the man asked for your help), ensure you understand what issues are being discussed. Olaa and I have closed the case. If you feel obliged to throw yourself into the mix, then my questions would be there to welcome you.

See other questions you will not be interested in

If a devotional can discard the commands in Deut 14:22-29 and design a new format for its application today, why should Malachi 3 remain so cast in stone that you use it to hound and frighten Christians into compliance today?

What is so sacrosanct about Malachi 3:8-11 that isn't sacrosanct about Deut 14:22-29?

Who gave pastors the authority to remix or discard Deut 14:22-29 but hold tenaciously to Malachi 3:8-11?

Of course I don't expect you to be interested but a honest seeker of truth would wish to find answers to those questions.

5 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

Ofcourse it bothers me, i feel i am wasting my time responding to your old recycled garbage of a questions. It shows your folks have already made up their minds to be one sided here and to read only your views without bothering to see the point of the other side and this goes along way to show that folks think with their anus rather than their brains.cheesy
Whether DB understands you or not isn't the issue
i had the previledge of reading his post before answering this, and you can see the way he responded. A hypocrite will never acknowledge truth even when he is shown wrong and its staring him smarck in the face.
I have raised some questions that are yet to be answered, please do answer them.
I am afraid your questions are recycled garbage that has been answered already..you can do well to go through the thread once again..google is ur friend....

Sorry, i have more important things on my plate right now..Cheers...cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
Image123:

My brother i tire for that guy unlearned questions o..Paul said we should avoid foolish questions abeg..If someone doesn't understand simple terms like biblical principle..then i wonder what he is doing in a religious forum..Even anti tithing theologians have no problem with that phrase, because they know sound hermeneutics and exegesis. When folks are bereft of ideas they throw unlearned questions all over the place. I already talked about the inherent principle behind circumcision quoting Paul and Moses yet this guys are still bent on making blind arguments...this tin dey tire me o...cheesy...The HEART IS WHAT MATTERS TO GOD It doesnt matter whether na Old or New covenant..the principle still applies..kai.....
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
Candour:

Of course you won't be interested and I surely don't need you to be interested because those questions will always expose your consistent inconsistency. If you feel obliged to defend olaa(as if the man asked for your help), ensure you understand what issues are being discussed. Olaa and I have closed the case. If you feel obliged to throw yourself into the mix, then my questions would be there to welcome you.

See other questions you will not be interested in

If a devotional can discard the commands in Deut 14:22-29 and design a new format for its application today, why should Malachi 3 remain so cast in stone that you use it to hound and frighten Christians into compliance today?

What is so sacrosanct about Malachi 3:8-11 that isn't sacrosanct about Deut 14:22-29?

Who gave pastors the authority to remix or discard Deut 14:22-29 but hold tenaciously to Malachi 3:8-11?

Of course I don't expect you to be interested but a honest seeker of truth would wish to find answers to those questions.

duh, answers have been given to everyone of your questions. I'm not interested in starting a fresh round of circles and ellipses. It's not my fault if that pisses you.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
Image123:

duh, answers have been given to everyone of your questions. I'm not interested in starting a fresh round of circles and ellipses. It's not my fault if that pisses you.

Really?? Piss me?? Very far from it bro. Is it not you again?? I'm used to you saying you've had enough of tithe discussions and are not interested when your inconsistenties and scriptural gymnastics are shown to the public only to reappear and develop interest when you think its safe to do so. You've done this cycle plenty times in the less than 2 years I've been here and only God knows how many times since you first came to NL.

Stay blessed and safe till this round of queries cool down.

I'll roll out the carpet to welcome you on the next adventure. Trust me, it won't be long.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
MarkMiwerds: also Paul did not tell the Corinthian Church to "give above their means", Contrary to what the tithe pusher would have you to believe.

2 Corinthians 8:12 (KJV) 12 For if there be first a willing mind, [it is] accepted according to that a man hath, [and] not according to that he hath not.

2 Corinthians 8:13 (KJV) 13 For [I mean] not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:

Giving above their means would certainly burden them. And Paul said his intention was not to burden them.

Bidam is not interested in the financial welfare of the people of the congregation, heis all for making the pastor richer.
As if his givings will benefit me here rather than his local assmebly where he worship. See logic. I pray God to help you excel in this grace of giving so you can give even beyond your ability like Paul commended the macedonians for their rich generosity.Say Amen!cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bidam: My brother i tire for that guy unlearned questions o..Paul said we should avoid foolish questions abeg..If someone doesn't understand simple terms like biblical principle..then i wonder what he is doing in a religious forum..Even anti tithing theologians have no problem with that phrase, because they know sound hermeneutics and exegesis. When folks are bereft of ideas they throw unlearned questions all over the place. I already talked about the inherent principle behind circumcision quoting Paul and Moses yet this guys are still bent on making blind arguments...this tin dey tire me o...cheesy...The HEART IS WHAT MATTERS TO GOD It doesnt matter whether na Old or New covenant..the principle still applies..kai.....

Brother, no mind them fa. One tries hard to avoid foolish and unlearned questions whose aim is to promote strife and ego and subversion. You know for a long while, when others were plainly not interested and avoided them, i gave them the benefit of doubt and didn't leave them without a witness, and would still do that to sincere folks and question. But what we see here mainly are not learners or seekers, but fellows hoping to catch you at your words, or whose joy only comes from talking about tithes and accusing people. There's a higher race to run. i'll say it again incase they didn't get it before. It removes nothing from me if all antitithers X7 refuse to give tithes. Let no pestilent fellow trouble me, lol.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bidam:

The HEART IS WHAT MATTERS TO GOD It doesnt matter whether na Old or New covenant..the principle still applies..kai.....

Let's follow same logic above concerning the heart. Noah, had the willing heart to obey God to build the ark. Should we Christians today also build ark even when we're not commanded but have the willing heart?

It is best to continue in the Apostolic doctrines for the church. Get this simple truth - apostles never taught tithes to the church and going beyond Apostolic message is violation to mandate of Christ.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (141) (Reply)

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.