Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (143138 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
Goshen360:

Let's follow same logic above concerning the heart. Noah, had the willing heart to obey God to build the ark. Should we Christians today also build ark even when we're not commanded but have the willing heart?
Yes in principle, if you understand what it means that let him that thinks he stand take heed lest he falls..You will guard your heart with all DILIGENCE. The ark of safety is your relationship with God.Is it intact or are u in a backslidden state? Or lets look at it also from this angle since you love interpreting things literally..What does Paul mean when he said to Present your bodies as living sacrifices unto God? Is Paul telling you to offer yourself as a LITERAL SACRIFICE in Romans 12:1?

It is best to continue in the Apostolic doctrines for the church. Get this simple truth - apostles never taught tithes to the church and going beyond Apostolic message is violation to mandate of Christ.
And what is the so called apostolic doctrine that you always wave as a mantraa here? Did the Apostles not seek principles from OT scriptures for our application today? Is 2 timothy 3:16 not in your bible?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
Guess the new cliche now is 'that question has been answered, I am too tired to answer it'.

They never get tired of throwing insults and being scornful...guess NL is the place to learn how to freely and loosely use foul and offensive words, for some.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
shdemidemi: Guess the new cliche now is 'that question has been answered, I am too tired to answer it'.

They never get tired of throwing insults and being scornful...guess NL is the place to learn how to freely and loosely use foul and offensive words for some.

demisquare, indeed the questions have being answered. If i asked you a simple and basic "what is your name?", you'd probably tell me your name with a smile and a warm handshake saying good to meet you. And that action of yours would likely be repeated for a lifetime as far as different people ask it. But you surely won't keep answering me if i keep repeatedly asking you for your name. Are you afraid or unsure or finally coming around because you get tired of answering? That's how this issue is for some of us.
If anyone used foul offensive words or insults, kindly quote it and correct, thanks.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bidam:

Yes in principle, if you understand what it means that let him that thinks he stand take heed lest he falls..You will guard your heart with all DILIGENCE. The ark of safety is your relationship with God.Is it intact or are u in a backslidden state? Or lets look at it also from this angle since you love interpreting things literally..What does Paul mean when he said to Present your bodies as living sacrifices unto God? Is Paul telling you to offer yourself as a LITERAL SACRIFICE in Romans 12:1?

grin grin grin

Every time you and I have discussion, I often laugh at some things you say, not as mockery but for fun. Yes, Paul, the meant literal sacrifice and that literal sacrifice is YOUR BODY....bring YOURSELF as a living (not dead) sacrifice unto God. Mind you, this living doesn't mean something just breathing because There're many breathing but dead. In every sacrifice, there must be something literally presented. In this case, YOUR BODY.

Bidam:

And what is the so called apostolic doctrine that you always wave as a mantraa here? Did the Apostles not seek principles from OT scriptures for our application today? Is 2 timothy 3:16 not in your bible?

The Apostolic doctrines is what the early churches continued in. You can learn the acts and dealings of God in the old testament but you don't establish doctrines with that for Christians. Why? The finished works of Christ and the cross brought about a change, a great change.

Also, you getting 2 timothy 3:16 too dogmatic. Yes, apostles quoted old testament but what are they teaching by quoting it? To establish old testament as doctrine? Or to interpret the old in the light of the revelation of Christ? Which one?

5 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by trustman: 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
POINTS TO PONDER FOR: OLAADEGBU, Image123, Bidam & Co

Today’s Tithing – A Fraudulent Ponzi Scheme (Apologies Frosbel)

When questions are asked and they are ignored or answered with ‘this has been answered before’ even when a simple one sentence answer will do, it is a pointer to the fact that the person actually admits that what the questioner is raising IS TRUE but he is REFUSING TO ADMIT that a better position has been given.

The following cannot be ignored by tithers:
- Those who preach it TODAY largely resort to Malachi 3.
- Malachi 3 has its basis in the Law of Moses.
- How the Law of Moses (which Malachi 3 referred to) prescribed that the tithe be observed IS NOT FOLLOWED BY THOSE WHO PREACH TITHING TODAY.
- Those who preach it today have for some STRANGE reasons MODIFIED how tithing should be done today WITHOUT ANY SCRIPTURAL BACKING.
- In other words, there is NO BIBLICAL BASIS for what those who practice tithing today go about it.
- Those who insist on COMPULSORY TITHE today have refused to ACCEPT that there is sufficient information for how the New Testament believer is to give.
- Those who insist on compulsory tithe today ONLY HOLD ON TO Malachi 3 and Abraham’s tithe as the justification for what they do (of course, plus ‘testimonies’, visions, etc) while REFUSING TO DO OTHER THINGS prescribed by the same LAW OF MOSES or other practices found in the Old Testament.
- They have therefore bought into the LIE of those who claim ‘God told them’ fresh things or ‘God gave them’ fresh understanding of Malachi 3 on how to tithe, what the storehouse is today, etc.
- Also those who hold on to tithing today cannot clearly show from the Bible how the tithing they practice TODAY (emphasis on today) came about.
- That is why they resort to claiming that since NT writers referred to the OT then it is right for them (even where the NT writers did not clearly say so) to go back to the Old for any practice and ‘adapt’ it for use today.
- They shift between COMPULSORY and VOLUNTARY for the reason that they do not want to admit what the NT stands for when it comes to tithing but want to SATISFY THEIR CONSCIENCES on what they have accepted from their MoG so that ‘perchance’ if God brings it up on the last day they will be able to hold up a scorecard to God that they have not defaulted.

Take a look at the following:
Question:
trustman:
In all honesty, how did the Bible say tithing should be done?
Answer:
OLAADEGBU:
If you are a child of Abraham then follow his example. Simples. wink

Question:
shdemidemi:
How are you the child of Abraham- by flesh or by the Spirit
It can't be by flesh since you are not part of his physical offspring, right?
Answer:
OLAADEGBU:
The answer is obvious. cool

Question:
shdemidemi:
Give the obvious answer pls.
Plus, I asked you if Paul taught the gentile converts to Christianity how to tithe, whom to give it to, and what percentage of their wages to give. If he did, please show me.
Answer:
OLAADEGBU:
Who taught Abraham how to tithe? If you are a child of Abraham you will know the why, who, when, how and what to tithe. Simples. wink

After a while OLAADEGBU ‘disappears’ and posts other unrelated issues.

Now, what can any sane person make of this? Delusion at work? Has Christianity now veered off into the realm of mysticism that somehow ‘imparts’ knowledge mysteriously? Or do things only to avoid divine retribution?

Anyone who claims that Malachi 3 is binding on the Church must understand that Malachi 3 DOES NOT STAND ALONE. It draws from the original instructions by God on tithing. Do those ones who use Malachi 3 today even know and understand what God’s original prescriptions were? I doubt that they do. To the extent that they don’t, they cannot even apply it correctly today.
We end up then with followers who are perpetually scammed and preachers and organizations that end up fleecing the sheep in the greatest Ponzi scheme in the church today.

5 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
Goshen360:

grin grin grin

Every time you and I have discussion, I often laugh at some things you say, not as mockery but for fun.
Don't get it twisted pal, pity your bible followers..lets look at your doctrinal errors here.cheesy

Yes, Paul, the meant literal sacrifice and that literal sacrifice is YOUR BODY....bring YOURSELF as a living (not dead) sacrifice unto God. Mind you, this living doesn't mean something just breathing because There're many breathing but dead. In every sacrifice, there must be something literally presented. In this case, YOUR BODY.
Lol..is that your so called "mighty revelation"? Can you point how a sacrifice is said not to be breathing but living? Connect with 2 scriptural witness pls. And what sort of sacrifice was Paul refering to here? How do one bring or offer it to God, by action or just mouthing some incoherent phrase into the air? You just threw a phrase into thin air without a proper explanation and you expect me to swallow it?

The Apostolic doctrines is what the early churches continued in. You can learn the acts and dealings of God but you don't establish doctrines with that.
A pack of lies fed by the new church you attend i guess...forgetting the simple basic truth they refuse to share with you that the early church never had a NT..they wrote it using OT scriptures you are trying so hard to discard and tear away from your bible.
Why? The finished works of Christ and the cross brought about a change, a great change.
So what do you think has changed? Next time try not to answer vaguely go straight to the point. The only thing i read in my bible that changed was the operative covenant and like i said earlier and you people are still making me repeat myself is that we are not bound to the mosaic law in a legalistic manner, but we AS CHRISTIANS CANNOT MAKE IT VOID OF ITS SUBSTANCE OR PRINCIPLES-" Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law"( Romans 3:31).
Also, you getting 2 timothy 3:16 too dogmatic.
If you call 2 tim 3:16 too dogmatic, i wonder what we shall call your posture on Romans 12:1 i quoted to you earlier.
Yes, apostles quoted old testament but what are they teaching by quoting it? To establish old testament as doctrine? Or to interpret the old in the light of the revelation of Christ? Which one?
And how many times have i attended to this questions in my previous posts? When you find references to the law as used by the Apostles to teach christian doctrines what do you see? Is it a matter of legalistic applications that you and your antithers folks used to bandy against us here? Or is it of principles like i always tell you? For example i gave an example of circumcision that Paul quoted verbatim from the law of Moses ( see ref: Rom 2:29- Deut 30:6) So you tell me what has changed in Romans and Deut...Cos i noticed antithers have dodged this point i raised.

Another example i will give you is the passover in Exodus 12:11..The question is do Christian keep the passover feast? If you say NO, Then why did Paul says "Let us there keep the festival"( 1 cor 5:cool if you read from verse 7 it was clear Paul was talking about the passover( and i hope you won't inteprete it the same way you literally intepreted Romans 12:1.Lol).Since Christ our passover lamb has been sacrificed why will paul urge to corinthians to keep it?

The passover is part of the mosaic law but in the NT, Paul also taeches Christians should celebrate it. The problem with legalistic folks like you is that you will ask the question as to why shouldn't we celebrate the passover as God directed in Exodus 12:11? What has changed?

Any sound theologian who is conversant with OT scriptures knows that the idea of the passover is intrinsically imbedded in the mosaic law, but for us christians we celebrate the passover in principle and not the literal manner as stipulated by the law.

And that is why my friend the apostles used the law to teach Christian doctrine without literal application, but rather in principle...circumcision was never denounced but rather it is outward circumcision that people tend to read in "the letter" that is the problem( Romans 2:29)..The "passsover" is not denounced..rather it is to be adhered to in principle..Sabbath is not denounced rather it is the legalistic application of it the Apostles were against ( Heb 4:9).

And i also hope the finished work of Christ you always quote when boxed to a corner would not tell you to be proud,haughty, disobedient to parents and authorities set or ordained by God..These are laws found as principle in NT directly quoted from the Mosaic law..for example honouring your father and mother is valid both in OT and NT...The cross cannot save you from the repercussion of not honouring your parents so your days will be lengthened..Scriptures are clear on that sorry..
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
trustman: POINTS TO PONDER FOR: OLAADEGBU, Image123, Bidam & Co

Today’s Tithing – A Fraudulent Ponzi Scheme (Apologies Frosbel)

When questions are asked and they are ignored or answered with ‘this has been answered before’ even when a simple one sentence answer will do, it is a pointer to the fact that the person actually admits that what the questioner is raising IS TRUE but he is REFUSING TO ADMIT that a better position has been given.

The following cannot be ignored by tithers:
- Those who preach it TODAY largely resort to Malachi 3.
- Malachi 3 has its basis in the Law of Moses.
- How the Law of Moses (which Malachi 3 referred to) prescribed that the tithe be observed IS NOT FOLLOWED BY THOSE WHO PREACH TITHING TODAY.
- Those who preach it today have for some STRANGE reasons MODIFIED how tithing should be done today WITHOUT ANY SCRIPTURAL BACKING.
- In other words, there is NO BIBLICAL BASIS for what those who practice tithing today go about it.
- Those who insist on COMPULSORY TITHE today have refused to ACCEPT that there is sufficient information for how the New Testament believer is to give.
- Those who insist on compulsory tithe today ONLY HOLD ON TO Malachi 3 and Abraham’s tithe as the justification for what they do (of course, plus ‘testimonies’, visions, etc) while REFUSING TO DO OTHER THINGS prescribed by the same LAW OF MOSES or other practices found in the Old Testament.
- They have therefore bought into the LIE of those who claim ‘God told them’ fresh things or ‘God gave them’ fresh understanding of Malachi 3 on how to tithe, what the storehouse is today, etc.
- Also those who hold on to tithing today cannot clearly show from the Bible how the tithing they practice TODAY (emphasis on today) came about.
- That is why they resort to claiming that since NT writers referred to the OT then it is right for them (even where the NT writers did not clearly say so) to go back to the Old for any practice and ‘adapt’ it for use today.
- They shift between COMPULSORY and VOLUNTARY for the reason that they do not want to admit what the NT stands for when it comes to tithing but want to SATISFY THEIR CONSCIENCES on what they have accepted from their MoG so that ‘perchance’ if God brings it up on the last day they will be able to hold up a scorecard to God that they have not defaulted.

Take a look at the following:
Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

After a while OLAADEGBU ‘disappears’ and posts other unrelated issues.

Now, what can any sane person make of this? Delusion at work? Has Christianity now veered off into the realm of mysticism that somehow ‘imparts’ knowledge mysteriously? Or do things only to avoid divine retribution?

Anyone who claims that Malachi 3 is binding on the Church must understand that Malachi 3 DOES NOT STAND ALONE. It draws from the original instructions by God on tithing. Do those ones who use Malachi 3 today even know and understand what God’s original prescriptions were? I doubt that they do. To the extent that they don’t, they cannot even apply it correctly today.
We end up then with followers who are perpetually scammed and preachers and organizations that end up fleecing the sheep in the greatest Ponzi scheme in the church today.

in their insistence that they can tithe money, using Malachi 3 in their argument, tithers are in reality... offending God.

How are they offending God? By using the Law to justify a tithe found nowhere in the Law.

James 2:10 (KJV) 10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.

They offend in that they use the Law of tithing, but their tithe is not according to the Law .

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 10:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
trustman:

Anyone who claims that Malachi 3 is binding on the Church must understand that [b]Malachi 3 DOES NOT STAND ALONE
. It draws from the original instructions by God on tithing. Do those ones who use Malachi 3 today even know and understand what God’s original prescriptions were? I doubt that they do. To the extent that they don’t, they cannot even apply it correctly today.

trustman has nailed it. But let me help bury the coffin...

In the tithe discussion thread Image123 and Rhymeyjohn introduced a new twist to the whole tithe discuss. They said "it is safe to tithe..." Mark and Candour went a great length to explain to them that we cannot be talking about carrying out a Christian practice to be safe and still think the cross of Jesus has paid it all for us.

When word got to the leadership of my former church that I was now against tithing, I was allocated to the number 3 man in the hierarchy of authority in the church. Respectable man in his sixties. The man told me "what if we get to heaven and we discover tithing was a requirement after all..." I was like "ha, pastor!" Where do I want to start from? So you understand what "being safe" meant. Paul could as well have said "be curcumcized to be safe"

This talk about FREE WILL tithing is mumbo jumbo and thorough hogwash. Those who claim to propound such doctrines are liars because the bible does not teach such nonsense. I have asked Image123 and Bidam, apostles of this doctrine, to provide one scripture that said or implied "tithing is Free Will" either in the old or new testament. Save for a multitudes of cheap vulgar languages, unfit for saints, they have not been able to do this; neither will they be able to even if the pages of this thread reach 1000.

The honest truth about tithing is not that it is free will, or it is confusing grace and law, or anything else, or is it a means for Christians to secure their salvation, or is it a means to prosperity. Rather

1. Tithing is the biggest fraud in Christendom today. It is the "Oga at the top of all 419 practices"

2. Tithing is a means of financial gain for a backslidden organized churches.

3. When the Spirit is moving Gods people give willingly; where there is no Spirit power, you need to cajole people to tithe.

4. Tithing, like in Jesus days, is men turning Gods temple to a den of robbers.

5. Every historical account shows that tithing was always restored to a vision less, and over bloated clergy system, throughout church history.

6. That the preponderance of churches in Nigerian roads is due to tithes and offerings.

7. That the tithe has become a cash cow for churches.

8. That Christians are guilt tripped to tithe, while the clergy smile to the bank.

9. That the whole fraud of tithing is grieving God and shall be a source of his future judgement.

10. That those who fight tooth and nail to defend the tithe either as compulsory or free will are in one way or the other beneficiaries of the whole tithe fraud.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
@trustman
Your points are recycled and not really needed to ponder on. They add nothing to me. Here is the sure Word of God of value which i'd rather ponder on.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

God has spoken to us by His Son, and His Son said tithes ought to be done. i'd ponder on that. i hope you or any of the suspects don't reply, as i'm not interested in running in circles. i know you all's next line of argument.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by nora544: 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
God has spoken to us by His Son, and His Son said tithes ought to be done. i'd ponder on that. i hope you or any of the suspects don't reply, as i'm not interested in running in circles. i know you all's next line of argument.

Please show me in the bible where jesus speak about tithing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
Image123: @trustman
Your points are recycled and not really needed to ponder on. They add nothing to me. Here is the sure Word of God of value which i'd rather ponder on.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Don't you ever get tired of this your biblical gymnastics, lies and deliberate deceits the verse you just mis-quoted has been explained several times on this forum in proper context, yet you still keep on using it to deceive the gullible. it really portrays you as a very wicked evil minded manipulator of the gospel.

8 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
PastorKun:

Don't you ever get tired of this your biblical gymnastics, lies and deliberate deceits the verse you just mis-quoted has been explained several times on this forum in proper context, yet you still keep on using it to deceive the gullible. it really portrays you as a very wicked evil minded manipulator of the gospel.

Let's say it the way it is :

He is not a follower of Jesus Christ otherwise why will a follower of Jesus be unashamedly so utterly deceptive. !

6 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
Image123: @trustman

See another thing you forgot to remind us God told 'us' through his son in that same chapter you quoted. Particularly the portion in bold

Matthew 23:1-3 KJV
Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, [2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

The scribes and pharisees have enumerated 613 things the people Christ was talking to in that chapter must do. This is just a reminder as I'm sure you omitted this part 'inadvertently'

5 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
@Image123

Psalms 147:19 (KJV) 19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.

Psalms 147:20 (KJV) 20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and [as for his] judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.

Acts 15:10 (KJV) 10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

Acts 15:23 (KJV) 23 And they wrote [letters] by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren [send] greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:

Acts 15:24 (KJV) 24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, [Ye must] be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no [such] commandment:

Acts 15:25 (KJV) 25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

Acts 15:26 (KJV) 26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 15:27 (KJV) 27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell [you] the same things by mouth.

Acts 15:28 (KJV) 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

Acts 15:29 (KJV) 29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Acts 15:30 (KJV) 30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:

Acts 15:31 (KJV) 31 [Which] when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation.

Acts 15:32 (KJV) 32 And Judas and Silas, being prophets also themselves, exhorted the brethren with many words, and confirmed [them].

God has spoken to us by His Word, and His Word said the Commands He gave to Israel were not for Gentile nations. So much for the claim that "Jesus said we should tithe." I'd ponder on that. I hope you or any of the subverters of souls don't reply, as i'm not interested in running in circles. I already know your next line of argument.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
nora544:

Please show me in the bible where jesus speak about tithing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i already did. Read that post again.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
lol at fellows trying to mimic me or use words the way they think i would. Follow Jesus please, Kumuyi, Oyakhilome, Hagin etc already have that to worry about. Don't add to the burdens i have to cast upon my Lord.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by FortresOfChrist(f): 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
Tithe has caused many problems in christianity including my family until we discovered the truth and now we are free.

8 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
FortresOfChrist: Tithe has caused many problems in christianity including my family until we discovered the truth and now we are free.

Rather the love of money has caused many problems.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
Image123:

You must know her very personally to conclude as above. She expresses an opinion and you attack her character.

Get down from that high horse pls.

6 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by FortresOfChrist(f): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Image123:

If me and my family loved money to hold it back, we won't tithe in the first place when we believed tithing but we discovered the truth and still give our support to the work of God not tithing our 10percent and we are more blessed.It is more blessed to give than to receive.He didnt say it is more blessed to tithe than to receive.Giving is a universal truth.

5 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by nora544: 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Image123:

And who brought the money issue into the church, the pastors from the new churches!!!!!!!!! With their lifestile!!!!!!!!!!!

I only remember who can give me 10 Million naira he will see me
who will give 1 million naira will see my seretary
who will give me 100 000 naira will see........

that is the beginning of the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Candour:

You must know her very personally to conclude as above. She expresses an opinion and you attack her character.

Get down from that high horse pls.

Stop overreacting. i didn't attack the fellow personally, but made a general statement. The love of money has caused many problems. This is a plain scriptural truth that you don't have to twist sentimentally.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
nora544:

And who brought the money issue into the church, the pastors from the new churches!!!!!!!!! With their lifestile!!!!!!!!!!!

I only remember who can give me 10 Million naira he will see me
who will give 1 million nair will see my seretary
who will give me 100 000 naira will see........

that is the beginning of the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

We know who made those statement but Image123 so respect the "anointed man of God" that he can't even tell the truth the man is wrong. Holding the word of truth in hypocrisy angry

5 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
Image123:

Stop overreacting. i didn't attack the fellow personally, but made a general statement. The love of money has caused many problems. This is a plain scriptural truth that you don't have to twist sentimentally.

OK. I won't contest this.

I'm glad you didn't set out to attack her personally. Sure the love of money has caused many problems and its still causing them as we speak e.g 'respectable' men lying, twisting scriptures and endangering their eternal destiny because of money collection via tithes. Truly the love of money has caused many problems.

Apologies for overreacting.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
Candour:

Apologies noted.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
Goshen360:

We know who made those statement but Image123 so respect the "anointed man of God" that he can't even tell the truth the man is wrong. Holding the word of truth in hypocrisy angry

You fellows are very frequent accusers. Beware, accusation is two ways, you MAY BE wrong or right. False witness or false accusation is still a sin in the new testament period.
i don't know what you're talking about BTW.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
Goshen360:

Pastor E A Adeboye made a similar statement but not with the exact words as written by nora544.

Adeboye's exact words:

“We need N1 billion from ten people. If you are
one of them, please see my personal Secretary
after we finish today,” Mr. Adeboye told the
congregation.

“We also need N100 million from those who can
afford it, if you are in that category. Please see
my personal Secretary as well.

“Nonetheless, we need everyone’s involvement. If
you can afford N50 million, N20 million, N5
million, N1 million to as low as N100, kindly make
sure you participate.”

See this link www.dailypost.ng/2013/08/14/three-kilometer-auditorium-angry-nigerians-blast-adeboye-say-n1billion-per-person-donation-is-criminal/

One Frosbel is quoted there in the report. Could it be our own frosbel? Hear him:

Don’t donate, on judgment day, Adeboye will not
save you -Frosbel

Can Adeboye ensure that there is not one needy
person among his church members before he
embarks on this multi-billion naira project to
build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness; building more and more edifices
while our people are almost dying of hunger, a
classical case of taking money from the needy
and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN.
Reminds me of India who are investing in more
weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their
people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project, pay your rent,
bills , feed your children and then give to the poor
and the needy around you. Go to the Lord in
prayer before you donate a penny. I am sure there
are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop
enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need
to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have
the Spirit , he is always present for he has said ”
I will never leave you or forsake you “.

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on
judgment day Adeboye will not save you or stand
in for you, on judgment day RCCG will not save
you, now is the time to do the right thing and go
back to new testament Christianity.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
Image123:

You fellows are very frequent accusers. Beware, accusation is two ways, you MAY BE wrong or right. False witness or false accusation is still a sin in the new testament period.
i don't know what you're talking about BTW.

What I'm saying is, speak the truth even when your "favourite" man of God make unhealthy statements. Don't be partial, half truth is as good as speaking lies.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by dorox(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
Candour:

I'm glad you didn't set out to attack her personally. Sure the love of money has caused many problems and its still causing them as we speak e.g 'respectable' men lying, twisting scriptures and endangering their eternal destiny because of money collection via tithes. Truly the love of money has caused many problems.

A genuine and heart felt apolgy that still managed to twist the 'dagger of truth' in the fallen man's stomach, without mercy and remorse.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
dorox:
A genuine and heart felt apolgy that still managed to twist the 'dagger of truth' in the fallen man's stomach, without mercy and remorse.

oh, the man is fallen?

I am not sure the man will agree he is "fallen".

If indeed he is fallen, he should be the one apologizing for teaching false doctrine and then repenting before God.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
Goshen360:

What I'm saying is, speak the truth even when your "favourite" man of God make unhealthy statements. Don't be partial, half truth is as good as speaking lies.

Show how i am partial please. And who is my favorite man of God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Image123:

Show how i am partial please. And who is my favorite man of God.

You know who I'm talking about - Your Daddy G.O When Adeboye made that statement, what did you come up with? He's wrong?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.