Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,531 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:48 PM

Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? (16166 Views)

Should Siasia Continue As Super Coach Or Do We Hire A Foreign Coach?? / Should Siasia Be Sacked Or Not / Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
vision2050: He came second during his time with Nigeria team U-20, olympic 2008, he still remain the most successful coach in Nigeria but he fail to qualify 9igeria to Afcon2012 which make Nigeria to drop drastically from Fifa ranking, he was given a little time like Keshi.
The team he built are not the one representing Nigeria at afcon2013, to me all the citizen should enjoy the success($1,5m) if Nigeria win the trophy not only Keshi and his boys.
Stop weaking a sleeping Lion. this is Kelshi hand wk.

Caf president that cameruon guy said Nigeria owe him €8m for tv right. Is it true? Can someone confirm this the game that never show on my AIT......I read it on m.goal.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by timmy(m): 7:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
For someone who doesn't like keshi much, this post has kinda made me feel a little lighter..
and YES Siasia share a large chunk of the credit.
Emenike, Moses, Musa, Ideye, Fengor, Nosa, Obiora Nwankwo. just name them.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by vislabraye(m): 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
Siasia was and is tactically sound. Its good that Keshi is building on the foundation Siasia laid.
But should Siasia take some credit? May be. Keshi still did a lot of work on the team so he deserves 99% of the credit.
Siasia wasn't just lucky.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Gwekzy: 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
Clemzy16: Nigerians likes making noise alot. . . We haven't even won the tournament yet some Nairalanders have started asking if siasia should share in keshi's glory. Abeg! Na which glory be dat?!!
lolz guy u on point
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by donsax: 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
dammytosh: I still prefer Siasia.

He was fired because he was not licking NFF's a*s*s. Most of his principles that Keshi adhered to are still working for us. Keshi looks like NFF's stooge to me.

I believe he can sha.

Why would you prefer a failure to a winner?
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by thaoriginator: 7:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
Larryfly: its just luck on d part of keshi nd ill luck on d part of siasia....someone pls tell me am d frst to comment
bros you're not the first in fact you're very late tongue

@topic Samson Siaisa is tha_originator, he deserves alot of credit cos he laid down the foundation before NFF fired his @sshole! Respect to the fella, he's a good coach but just out of luck.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by joeace2020(m): 7:40pm On Feb 08, 2013
I DONT SEE A BRIGHT FUTURE UNDER KESHI...dude's tactless..we just have good players, thats all
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by crackhaus: 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2013
NO!!
]but on a lighter note, let's not get ahead of ourselves... ain't no glory till the cup is ours, nevertheless, I'm optimistic
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by tantita(m): 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2013
Na wa o...naija almst 20 yrs since thy once won d cub..omo i don really old..am askin her hand dis time arnd mk we jst win first!
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by breaktro: 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
The difference between these two coaches is that while Sisia is a coach,Keshi is both a coach and a manager.He knows how to manage thes boys very well,he handles every rumour or problems maturdely while Siasia was always too vocal.These guys are professionals,you need to manage them well.Can't we see the once coy Mikel now playing out his heart.I think Keshi has this edge in management.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Bryancrox(m): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
i luv to.to die:
Should the glory be shared among all the ashawo out there who inspired the super eagles to win by promising free fuckkk on sunday if they lift the trophy. The power of a promised toto @ work.
but dis guy ur mumu stupid sha oo,d luv of toto is d beginning of foolishness...Now i knw why som children re aborted,bt u escape abortion only GOD no why,u re a big nuisance to nairaland.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by onitj: 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2013
Larryfly: its just luck on d part of keshi nd ill luck on d part of siasia....someone pls tell me am d frst to comment
So,na luck we take beat cotedvoire nd mali...reason well,my guy
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Capnd143(m): 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2013
Spot Reserved untill after Afcon 2013 finals.
|[NO TRESPASS]|

by order: NPF

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by elampiro(m): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2013
If Keshi had failed to qualify, would the blame had been shared with Siasia?

Siasia would have stuck with the likes of Taiye Taiwo, Osazee, Martins, Anichebe, Yobo, Kalu Uche, etc. They might not have been so determined and taking the risk these guys take. Somw of the old guys prefer to play safe and protect themselves from injury. Siasia is also a good coach, but lets leave share of glory out. Keshi has his pattern and it's working out well.

3 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by denitro(m): 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
fubbyy: I agree with the post above, keshi is lucky good coach but siasia is a better coach but unlucky,believe it or not
You must be smoking something.
SIASIA never had the nerve to bench Yobo
SIASIA played Mikel as an attacking midfielder
SIASIA couldn't qualify for the AFCON, then how do u expect him to win anything.
SIASIA kept quarreling with his tools (Players), failing to learn that a skilled man
never quarrels with his tools
SIASIA has no AFCON experience while Keshi has paid his due with Togo and Mali
SIASIA was rigid, keshi is flexible

5 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by timilehin007(m): 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
Yes and let me add. Siasia is not a bad coach, in fact as much as I care he still remain one of ᵀᴴᴱ best coach in africa u people seems to have forgotten in a haste that he won Africa under 20 nations cup and took that same team to World youth championship final that we lost controversially to Argentina where Messi scored 2penalties and he took nigeria dream team to olympic final which we lost to argentina again where messi assisted zabaleta to score ᵀᴴᴱ winning goal...so any day anytime I still regard him, the fact is he wasn't lucky and he kind of wasn't not in smooth terms with NFF. He deserve to share ᵀᴴᴱ glory too. Thank you
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by executinal(m): 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2013
Yeah Siasia deserve some credit too.

But in all Keshi is the man to count on, because he start from the grass root and this is what Naija need. If he continue like this in a short term you will see more Nigeria players dominating in Europe again.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by warrior101: 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2013
Qeustion: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory?
Answer: For what na? Keshi is/has built a new breed of super eagle team.
If Siasia must share in Keshi's glory them coaches before Siasia should too...

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by tolsaac: 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2013
mr byron: it 19 years not 13 years please.... we last won the nations cup in 1994
Thank you jare. I don't knw where dey got dat frm.13yrs they called it is everywhere in all deir report.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by achinaboy(m): 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
Nigerians are colour changers,Siasia foundation,Keshi glory,because we won Mali,what would have happened if we lost?maybe our discussion would be deport Keshi to Kenya,no patience at allllllllllllll
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by sol2galay: 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2013
Siasia has been a very good coach,even better than Keshi,but the problem with nigerians is in-patience period.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by denitro(m): 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
sol2galay: Siasia has been a very good coach,even better than Keshi,but the problem with nigerians is in-patience period.

Some nigerians are hopeless, i am logging out

2 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by tolsaac: 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2013
Siasia also deserve some respect and I like him. But the dude was just to lazy to go back to the grassroot to do wat he was initially contracted for. Keshi is doing jst dat now...
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by chucky234(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
fubbyy: I agree with the post above, keshi is lucky good coach but siasia is a better coach but unlucky,believe it or not

The truth is that all glory be to keshi for delivering(that will be when he won the cup o) nothing like sharing glory, btw all the glorious people on earth today were breed by som1 else but no1 glorified them, that's how life is

We believe in reality and what actually happened not what would've happened if.....
And what makes you think Siasia is better coach than Keshi,Keshi qualified Togo to her first world cup and took Mali to quarter final of the nations cup.
Siasia's best performance was the final of the Holland U20 tournament where he lost to Argentinal due to poor tactical efficiency,he never win any match at the U20 world cup hosted by Egypt and that was where his tactical lapses were exposed.
If you think Siasia should share in Keshi's glory then Austine Egueavon should also share in Siasia's glory of Holland 2005 because 80% of the team he took to Holland were same players Egueavon took to the U17 world cup hosted by Finland in 2003,players like Isaac Promise,Ezekiel Bala,Mikel Obi,Solomon Okoronkwo e.t.c.
Managing a national team is a different ball game to managing a youth team,Siasia is a youth coach who is tactically below John Obuh.
Keshi has proven his metle with three different national teams and was able to manage top players like Adebayo,Seydou Keita,Fredie Kanoute,Sissoko,Mahmodu Diarra who were playing for top European clubs.

6 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by executinal(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
mr byron: it 19 years not 13 years please.... we last won the nations cup in 1994

Is 13 years ago we played final with Cameroon and we lost. We have not win the cup now, so why should we call it 19 years??

tolsaac:
Thank you jare. I don't knw where dey got dat frm.13yrs they called it is everywhere in all deir report.

13 years is the right word now, because we played Cameroon cameroon and lost. So we have not win it yet, if we win come Sunday then we can now call it 19 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by ypzilanti: 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2013
Hmmn. But every job has a foundation that you start from. Example, if you become the MD of a company, you do not immediately sack the whole employees and employ yours. You make changes in job function, inject a few new personnel etc. Like another poster said, if Keshi fails, samson siasia will not share the blame so why should he share the glory if keshi wins?
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by toluxa1(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
Palin: Yes siasia should share in the glory, because he is the one that first layed the foundation.

This doesn't exist in present day football.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by solemate: 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
Siasia deserved every good thing that come out of this tournament, He started it all, Keshi only learned from his mistakes of trying to please Nigerian fans by playing osaze on that faithful day against Guinea. Siasia proved to all Nigerian that its possible to play good football without some big names like osaze, Etuhu and yakubu. all the new boys in the super eagles today was the ones he introduced apart from Obobona and Mba.

Trully he deserved to be remembered if anything good come out of this tournament. He took the risk by playing new boys against S/loan which people like Amodu failed to do.
Finally keshi only succeeded because he listened to Siasia advice to be careful of osaze and co and now its working.

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by chucky234(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
joeace2020: I DONT SEE A BRIGHT FUTURE UNDER KESHI...dude's tactless..we just have good players, thats all
What a beetle-headed combobulated brain goon.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by thaoriginator: 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
elampiro: If Keshi had failed to qualified, would the blame had been shared with Siasia?

Siasia would have stuck with the likes of Taiye Taiwo, Osazee, Martins, Anichebe, Yobo, Kalu Uche, etc. They might not have been so determined and taking the risk these guys take. Somw of the old guys prefer to play safe and protect themselves from injury. Siasia is also a good coach, but lets leave share of glory out. Keshi has his pattern and it's working out well.
yeah you absolutely right bro... Those guys u mentioned wouldn't had played seriously and patriotically. No be lie, dem go dey play like alakon. Unlike these boys dem wey dey vex cos dem be superstars too.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by sol2galay: 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2013
timilehin007: Yes and let me add. Siasia is not a bad coach, in fact as much as I care he still remain one of ᵀᴴᴱ best coach in africa u people seems to have forgotten in a haste that he won Africa under 20 nations cup and took that same team to World youth championship final that we lost controversially to Argentina where Messi scored 2penalties and he took nigeria dream team to olympic final which we lost to argentina again where messi assisted zabaleta to score ᵀᴴᴱ winning goal...so any day anytime I still regard him, the fact is he wasn't lucky and he kind of wasn't not in smooth terms with NFF. He deserve to share ᵀᴴᴱ glory too. Thank you

bro i agree with you,u are making alot of sence
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by iluvtotodie(m): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2013
Bryancrox: but dis guy ur mumu stupid sha oo,d luv of toto is d beginning of foolishness...Now i knw why som children re aborted,bt u escape abortion only GOD no why,u re a big nuisance to nairaland.
swear say if u see toto, ur body no go shiver & quiver. Holier than thou nicopoop. Yes, i luv toto. U got a problem with it ? 2inch dickkhead like u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Team Nigeria’s Outfit To The Gold Coast Games In Australia / Manchester City Need Just One More Win To Become Premier League Champions, Again / Obafemi Martins Donates Wheelchairs And Crutches To Nigerians With Disabilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.