Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? (16058 Views)

Should Siasia Continue As Super Coach Or Do We Hire A Foreign Coach?? / Should Siasia Be Sacked Or Not / Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by toluleke(m): 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
na foundation or the building itself.na who build house people dey celebrate not foundation.jux pasin by d strit.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by infotrust(m): 9:09pm On Feb 08, 2013
nerodenero: Almost doesnt count.Na person wey pass na im sabi book.Apologies to Siasia but he failed,couldnt accomplish the mission given to him at that time and here we have Keshi doing a nice job.I respect Siasia for his contributions but in this case,he doesnt deserve to share any glory whatsoever.
I agreed with you. As for me Siasia didn't lay any foundation for Keshi. It is normal world over that if you takeover managerial position, your ability to modify what you met with your own idea to achieve set targets by your employer is what matters. Siasia have tried very well at youth level, which makes him to be employed as Super eagles' coach by popular demand. But he failed woefully, so he can't share in any glory whatsoever
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Rastamann: 9:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
why?
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by infotrust(m): 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
chyke_o: IMO, we as Nigerians are very impatient #TakeItOrLeaveIt
The wise say: rome wasnt built in one day...and likewise our best team ('94 team) ever wasn't built in a day. WHy? because we had a coach that had ample time to select, groom, re-train and also understand his team's strength and weakness. However since '94 there has been NO OTHER coach that has been given time to do the same. What we have seen over time, is a hire and fire mentality which hasnt yielded any meaningful results.

Back to the topic, what I see is a CONTINUTY OF PLANS/POLICY from one coach to another. Even though the current coach is KESHI, it is clearly obvious that he adopted the POLICIES/STYLE of leadership from SIASIA.
Kudos to both. They played their roles well, (permitting the excesses of the Nigerian football managers). Please share the Glory!
I don't understand how Siasia's plan/policy is being used by Keshi, becuase Siasia refused to use home based players during his reign
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by honeric01(m): 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
FXKing2012:
Of course Siasia built this present squad so he must be credited just as much as Keshi.

Wetin be this na?

@Jarus, i totally DISAGREE with you, did Siasia pick all the players he used from the scratch or he added his "own players"?

Did he imbibe in the players he chose any particular "attributes" that we saw in the team while he was the coach?

Did he even look professional while being the head of the SE?

If we are to go by your statement that he should share in the "glory" of the present team because Keshi decided to continue with some of the players we had on ground, then all the coaches we had starting from Amodu should also share from the glory since some of the current squad also played under Amodu.

Out of all the coaches we have had so far (local), only Siasia failed to qualify us to the nations cup, yet someone is saying he should share from the glory of another coach's hardwork!

Keshi is a trusted and tested coach when it comes to senior football both home and abroad and is miles ahead of Siasia, if na lie, then let Siasia go and coach a national team. (Even Amodu coached clubside outside Nigeria, Chukwu also coached a national team, same with Keshi).
Let's stop trying to belittle the work of Keshi because we all can see the difference between the team of Siasia and the present team.

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by honeric01(m): 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
4llerbuntu: lmao at unique Nigerian mumucity.

if the team had crashed out in the group stage, would your dumbasses have remembered to blame siasia too for this so called introduction of crappy players?

the Nigerian mind is truly unique. first it was tb Joshua, now siasia.

I suppose u also remember to give your wives and girlfriends former lovers credit for the quality of head and shagging u get too?
afterall if they had not disvirgined and introduced them to the act, they would not be servicing you properly now.

mumu raised to power 100. I guess that also means obj must share gej's pitiably low Glory, and George Bush must share Obama's

the uniqueness of the Naija mind

i just weak. angry
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by honeric01(m): 9:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
chyke_o: IMO, we as Nigerians are very impatient #TakeItOrLeaveIt
The wise say: rome wasnt built in one day...and likewise our best team ('94 team) ever wasn't built in a day. WHy? because we had a coach that had ample time to select, groom, re-train and also understand his team's strength and weakness. However since '94 there has been NO OTHER coach that has been given time to do the same. What we have seen over time, is a hire and fire mentality which hasnt yielded any meaningful results.

Back to the topic, what I see is a CONTINUTY OF PLANS/POLICY from one coach to another. Even though the current coach is KESHI, it is clearly obvious that he adopted the POLICIES/STYLE of leadership from SIASIA.
Kudos to both. They played their roles well, (permitting the excesses of the Nigerian football managers). Please share the Glory!

RUBBISH!

Go and search on youtube for the Malian team under Keshi, go and search for the Togolese team under keshi, watch their qualifiers under Keshi, just try and watch these clips, i promise you, you won't dare type the things you typed in bold up there.

Wetin dey do some Nigerians sef? shocked angry

2 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by denitro(m): 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
This is by far the dumbest statement of 2013.
SO
Jose Mourinho should share in (Roberto Di Matteo) Chelsea's Champions league glory
because he brought Drogba, Essien, Cech, Mikel, Ashley Cole to Chelsea.
HOW DUMB
This is football and not some beauty contest.
Football is serious business.
Success or a claim to it is a factor of ATTRIBUTE * RESULT
You must have both to be successful,
SUCCESS CAN'T BE BORROWED IT HAS TO BE EARNED.
Siasia should gather himself back up and EARN THE RIGHT TO BE CALLED A SUCCESSFUL COACH
there is a big difference between YOUTH FOOTBALL and SENIOR PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by honeric01(m): 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2013
toluleke: na foundation or the building itself.na who build house people dey celebrate not foundation.jux pasin by d strit.

Please, which foundation did he lay?
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by olempe(m): 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
pboiskinpy: Siasia koo Keshi niAll glory belongs to GOD n GOD alone...

#jux passing

Gbam!!!
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by tareola(m): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
SIASIA deserve 2 share in it too
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by acadasol: 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
Don't take Glory! Not even when you have succeeded!! Not to talk of when you have not earned the trophy. Rule of success #32
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Tropilo(m): 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
[quote
author=Larryfly]its just luck on d part of keshi nd ill luck on d part
of siasia....someone pls tell me am d frst to comment[/quote]

You are not even lucky enough to be 10th to comment.

Siasia, lacks tact and technical ability.
If Siasia is good let him go and proove it somewhere else first, must he be employed by the NFF? Then come and cry sabotage later! Keshi did with Togo and Mali.
Let Siasia go and try with Gambia, Eritrea, Somalia etc. That man is incompetent.
People should stop deceiving him. He wont learn with the deceits and unneccessary agrandisement.
Siasia should go to a good coaching school. Either Man United, Barça, Milan or Betis schools. Even Sunday Oliseh did! Haba...!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by yommys01(m): 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
The most sensible post I have read on Nairaland in recent time. You are 100% spot on mate. Siasia was hurriedly sacked and deserves a mention when we lift the cup for a 3rd time on Sunday.

And to be honest, I still prefer him though that doesn't mean I want Keshi out, no, I don't but have my preference for Sia1.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Jarus(m): 10:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
mr byron: it 19 years not 13 years please.... we last won the nations cup in 1994
You have not won yet. You got to final last 13 years ago.

Go school.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by wescoBaba: 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
dammytosh: I still prefer Siasia.

He was fired because he was not licking NFF's a*s*s. Most of his principles that Keshi adhered to are still working for us. Keshi looks like NFF's stooge to me.

I believe he can sha.

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by star2008(m): 10:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
I think keshi should take d glory,assuming he fails,will Siasia share in d blame.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by isaco(m): 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
pat077: if keshi fail, will siasa share in d blame? If no, then he doesn't deserve 2 share in d glory.
I lik ur answer, answer dis questn? Who is d coach wen nig entered final? Ans: keshi! Who was d coach wen nig didn't qualify? Siasia. Nothin more.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by andyanders: 10:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
Jarus: Win or lose, sacked or left to continue, call it fluke or tactical efficiency, Stephen Keshi has made his mark already as producing for Nigeria its best performance in 13 years.

Some of us that faulted his inclusion of home-based players and dropping of some big names have since returned to our vomit, swallowing it.

Give it to him, he deserves some respect, for sticking to his gun with these young players.

While giving him the full credit,someone reminded me that Siasia also deserves part as some of the players Keshi are using actually cut their Super Eagles teeth under him. I almost spanked the person, that 'Dr, are you serious? Siasia that did not even qualify us for Nations cup'.

But on a more critical reflection, I realized some things:

1, Some of the players Keshi is using to produce result actually made their debut under Siasia (Musa, Emenike etc)

2, Siasia started the discipline trend which is working for Keshi. He dropped key players like Osaze because they were fighting with coaches. Keshi also did same. In hindsight, that decision is very right, if it were Osaze that is being made to sit on bench like Yobo or Uche now, by now we would be hearing different news from camp, news of Osaze fighting coach etc. It didn't work for Osaze, and initially appeared not working for Keshi too until the gradual turn-around.

3, Against Guinea in October 2011 in the match we drew that cost us AFCON 2012 participation, Siasia stuck his neck for Emenike despite the guy missing chances and we were all shouting. Today, it is same Emenike that is now firing at all cylinders? Could this mean we were impatient with Siasia? That he saw what we didn't see in this guy? (in any case I have personally always believed in Emenike's ability)

4, When Amodu purely had foreign, big players orientation, Siasia has a mixture generation orientation, gradually introducing the younger boys. He traveled round teh world to speak with many Nigerian young players, including Victor Moses, and convince them to come play for Nigeria. These are the boys doing it for Nigeria today.

With all these and many others, are we right to say Siasia laid the foundation to today's success? Or Keshi's philosophy just appears to co-incide with Siasia's in many respects? Does he deserve some credit?

You have some element of truth here as you stated. Note that, removing Osaze was ok, considering his attitude to national call and that of his present clubs.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by lilslim(m): 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2013
mr byron: it 19 years not 13 years please.... we last won the nations cup in 1994
The last time Nigeria reached the Final,....get your facts right bro!
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by oniwo(m): 10:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
How much did he {siasia} pay u for his advart grin grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by blackchief(m): 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
No he (siasia} should not. Let him go and get or work for his own.

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by great063(m): 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sure,he should share in Keshi's achievement with the boys so far.There are three things I can see in this mix-1.Nigerians are impatient folks,they liked the idea of having Siasia as the coach of the Super Eagles but were impatient with him. 2.The NFF didn't really like him as per coaching the Super Eagles,they appointed him just to whet the appetite of Nigerians. 3.They kept their man(Stephen Keshi)in the waiting room all along pending Siasia's failure to qualify Nigeria for the AFCoN...Anyways that's Nigeria for you.I'm sure Siasia gave Keshi some words of advice before he tookoff as gaffer of the SE.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by mrbyron(m): 11:08pm On Feb 08, 2013
Jarus:
You have not won yet. You got to final last 13 years ago.

Go school.

and you should drop out of school! angry even if i now get what you mean, you dont have to be fvcking rude dimwit!
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by econity(m): 11:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
sabi sabi. The op meant the last time we qualified for final which is 13 years. Use your head.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by mrbyron(m): 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
econity:
sabi sabi. The op meant the last time we qualified for final which is 13 years. Use your head.

and you lose your head! you dont need it!
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by CHIMSKY(m): 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
Even if the Super Eagles lose on Sunday,Keshi has made a point.I dont think Nigerians have been this well entertained in a long while.
Winning the cup is not the goal.Developing our football for the long term is the big picture.The 1994 dream team took 5 years to build.This team has been together for 5 weeks.
Siasia began a process but lacked support from the NFF and Nigerians.I still remember people insulting Siasia for cautioning our former poster boy,Osaze.Nigerians were almost beginning to caution Keshi for doing the same thing.But he got more support and a little bit more patience from the glass house and that made the difference.He began to succeed and as you know,all the world loves a winner.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by ono(m): 11:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
Jarus: Win or lose, sacked or left to continue, call it fluke or tactical efficiency, Stephen Keshi has made his mark already as producing for Nigeria its best performance in 13 years.

Some of us that faulted his inclusion of home-based players and dropping of some big names have since returned to our vomit, swallowing it.

Give it to him, he deserves some respect, for sticking to his gun with these young players.

While giving him the full credit,someone reminded me that Siasia also deserves part as some of the players Keshi are using actually cut their Super Eagles teeth under him. I almost spanked the person, that 'Dr, are you serious? Siasia that did not even qualify us for Nations cup'.

When I read this entry by Jarus, I paused for a while to reflect on all that he wrote about Siasia. I looked at the whole write up from a different viewpoint.

- What would happen to the Nigeria of our dreams if all Nigerians can cultivate the Siasia habit - discipline, punctuality, respect for others, professional touch etc etc?

- What would happen to Nigeria if our leaders can emulate Siasia's sterling qualities (which we're reaping from today) and decide to punish offenders, looters, thieves and corrupt members of the society, show them the way out, tell the godfathers and other old (and as Abati called all of them - 'yesterday's men) hands to shut up or get locked up forever - the way Siasia did to the Odemwingie and his likes of this country?

I think we will begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel for our dear country. I think, just like the Super eagles have come this far to participate in the final leg of the African nations cup, after years of draught, we will all raise our shoulders high again. We will all be proud to be called ''Nigerian'' anywhere in the world.

Let us all keep this hope alive. Imbibe the Siasia's sterling qualities and bring our dear country out of the doldrum. Peace.

But on a more critical reflection, I realized some things:

1, Some of the players Keshi is using to produce result actually made their debut under Siasia (Musa, Emenike etc)

2, Siasia started the discipline trend which is working for Keshi. He dropped key players like Osaze because they were fighting with coaches. Keshi also did same. In hindsight, that decision is very right, if it were Osaze that is being made to sit on bench like Yobo or Uche now, by now we would be hearing different news from camp, news of Osaze fighting coach etc. It didn't work for Osaze, and initially appeared not working for Keshi too until the gradual turn-around.

3, Against Guinea in October 2011 in the match we drew that cost us AFCON 2012 participation, Siasia stuck his neck for Emenike despite the guy missing chances and we were all shouting. Today, it is same Emenike that is now firing at all cylinders? Could this mean we were impatient with Siasia? That he saw what we didn't see in this guy? (in any case I have personally always believed in Emenike's ability)

4, When Amodu purely had foreign, big players orientation, Siasia has a mixture generation orientation, gradually introducing the younger boys. He traveled round teh world to speak with many Nigerian young players, including Victor Moses, and convince them to come play for Nigeria. These are the boys doing it for Nigeria today.

With all these and many others, are we right to say Siasia laid the foundation to today's success? Or Keshi's philosophy just appears to co-incide with Siasia's in many respects? Does he deserve some credit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala And Victor Osimhen Nominated For 2023 Ballon d'Or / Nigeria Vs. South Africa AFCON: Governor Adeleke Dances As Nigeria Wins / Nigeria Vs Argentina; Who Was You Man Of The Match?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.