Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? (16055 Views)

Should Siasia Continue As Super Coach Or Do We Hire A Foreign Coach?? / Should Siasia Be Sacked Or Not / Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by fubbyy(m): 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
But why all this glory to keshi as if we have already won the nation's cup, what if we lost on sunday? What will happen to all this glories?
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
A TOUCHING STORY. A boy saw a puppy and touched it, he touched it again, he kept on touching it. Like I said,dıs is a touching story!!
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Ninilowo(m): 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2013
It is a LIE Siasia was too harsh. No glory should go to him. He almost succeeded in ruining Enyeama's career just because of one kain misunderstanding. Its only Emenike and Ogude that remain from his boyz.Hammed Musa came from U21 Eagles.Tactically Keshi is better than Sia1.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Bamijoko1(m): 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2013
Siasia na human being too nah
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
every Nigerian should
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by tinkinjo: 8:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
What!?
....well if you mean as a Nigerian.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by FXKing2012(m): 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
Jarus: Win or lose, sacked or left to continue, call it fluke or tactical efficiency, Stephen Keshi has made his mark already as producing for Nigeria its best performance in 13 years.

Some of us that faulted his inclusion of home-based players and dropping of some big names have since returned to our vomit, swallowing it.

Give it to him, he deserves some respect, for sticking to his gun with these young players.

While giving him the full credit,someone reminded me that Siasia also deserves part as some of the players Keshi are using actually cut their Super Eagles teeth under him. I almost spanked the person, that 'Dr, are you serious? Siasia that did not even qualify us for Nations cup'.

But on a more critical reflection, I realized some things:

1, Some of the players Keshi is using to produce result actually made their debut under Siasia (Musa, Emenike etc)

2, Siasia started the discipline trend which is working for Keshi. He dropped key players like Osaze because they were fighting with coaches. Keshi also did same. In hindsight, that decision is very right, if it were Osaze that is being made to sit on bench like Yobo or Uche now, by now we would be hearing different news from camp, news of Osaze fighting coach etc. It didn't work for Osaze, and initially appeared not working for Keshi too until the gradual turn-around.

3, Against Guinea in October 2011 in the match we drew that cost us AFCON 2012 participation, Siasia stuck his neck for Emenike despite the guy missing chances and we were all shouting. Today, it is same Emenike that is now firing at all cylinders? Could this mean we were impatient with Siasia? That he saw what we didn't see in this guy? (in any case I have personally always believed in Emenike's ability)

4, When Amodu purely had foreign, big players orientation, Siasia has a mixture generation orientation, gradually introducing the younger boys. He traveled round teh world to speak with many Nigerian young players, including Victor Moses, and convince them to come play for Nigeria. These are the boys doing it for Nigeria today.

With all these and many others, are we right to say Siasia laid the foundation to today's success? Or Keshi's philosophy just appears to co-incide with Siasia's in many respects? Does he deserve some credit?
Of course Siasia built this present squad so he must be credited just as much as Keshi.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
lmao at unique Nigerian mumucity.

if the team had crashed out in the group stage, would your dumbasses have remembered to blame siasia too for this so called introduction of crappy players?

the Nigerian mind is truly unique. first it was tb Joshua, now siasia.

I suppose u also remember to give your wives and girlfriends former lovers credit for the quality of head and shagging u get too?
afterall if they had not disvirgined and introduced them to the act, they would not be servicing you properly now.

mumu raised to power 100. I guess that also means obj must share gej's pitiably low Glory, and George Bush must share Obama's

the uniqueness of the Naija mind

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by ceejay80s(m): 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
What if world end on sunday morning b4 the match?
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Solumighty(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
I think SIA failed and nothing more...He sees himself as d messiah and dats y he's failed. Nigerians love him though but he's failed us several tyms. SK has really worked and should therefore enjoy d glory alongside his crew and players and NOT SIA who was a failure. Also, don't forget dat SK dropped Adebayor while he was d coach of Togo, so he's a disciplinarian himself...Success counts more!
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by achinaboy(m): 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
I think that coaching in the most simplest job in the world if you are a football fan,it`s about watching football and picking the best players,giving them proper training and allowing them to work together,even a ten years old boy or girl that knows football can coach the super eagles,so the issue of Siasia and keshi who is the better coach,i guess is not the problem,Keshi is a good coach,Siasia is a good coach,likewise my mama,she usually give directions from her seat whenever the match is on thanks
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by ceejay80s(m): 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
No be coach do anything, let me tell u guys, na ivory coast multivate our local players wey dey SE , dats why we reach where we dey
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by azimibraun: 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
If AVB ws nt giving any glory 4 chelsea winning d UCL title wit Di Mateo I wonder hw siasia wan share keshi own with am if he win AFCON.. Dt is if dos horses and rhinos in human flesh allow us win am o! I jst d wonder hw we wan take handle dos tasmanian devils dem.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Bryancrox(m): 8:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
i luv to.to die:

swear say if u see toto, ur body no go shiver & quiver. Holier than thou nicopoop. Yes, i luv toto. U got a problem with it ? 2inch dickkhead like u.
u local timid,rootless,dirty, smelling,ugly senseless,foolish stupid,mannerless and uncivilize imbercile should be banned frm dis forum.People lik yhu nor even knw where t*t* dey de 4 woman body sef,i sorry 4 ur generation to come...I dont blame yhu,i blame where yhu come frm(bagger)
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by azimibraun: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
Naija and Glory matter.. Nw sombody go soon stand up say na GEJ gv us d luck o! Wen spain win EURO and World Cup honestly I knw even hear dia president name for once.. Senate and house go soon drag d glory o! Governors go say na dem. I am jst going 2 b d typical futball fan dt I am and wait for d best side 2 win. Am nt a tournamentt fan.. I dey watch futball strictly as a fan of d game. If burkina faso play well and create chance mk dem no score? Abi if we follow burkina faso fans mouth, mk naija no score and win if dem play better? Futball mst gt sentiment bt it ends in ur mind.. Matches are decided on d field by 25 men/women if red card no dey. Dt is plus ref and linesmen.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by shamson: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
Scarpon: that guy is a failure
And what glory have you brought to this nation? samson siasia is a man who deserves to be respected/honor for his contribution to the leader game. grin
Scarpon: that guy is a failure
And what glory have you brought to this nation? samson siasia is a man who deserves to be respected/honor for his contribution to the leader game.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Davidogar(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2013
4 were share waitin neva?
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by oineoma(m): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2013
I think de maturity of guys like yobo has kept de camp in calm.. I mean hiw many of his class ll sut on de bench and not raise hell... kudos..
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by nerodenero: 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
Almost doesnt count.Na person wey pass na im sabi book.Apologies to Siasia but he failed,couldnt accomplish the mission and here we have Keshi doing a nice jo.In my own opinion,he doesnt deserve to share any glory whatsoever.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by nerodenero: 8:45pm On Feb 08, 2013
Almost doesnt count.Na person wey pass na im sabi book.Apologies to Siasia but he failed,couldnt accomplish the mission given to him at that time and here we have Keshi doing a nice job.I respect Siasia for his contributions but in this case,he doesnt deserve to share any glory whatsoever.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Sike(m): 8:45pm On Feb 08, 2013
Why not?
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by chucky234(m): 8:48pm On Feb 08, 2013
FXKing2012:
Of course Siasia built this present squad so he must be credited just as much as Keshi.
GOON
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by azimibraun: 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
What I expect 2 see is an analysis or ppls view on both teams and see hw mch leverage naija hs over burkina faso or dia edge over us.. Naija is gud and burkina faso is nt a pushover.. U all saw hw ghana wished dey hd played spain or germany or even brazil dn playin burkina faso.. I wish naija wld win bt it may nt jst come so easy as we are all saying.. Ur opponent in d finals is equally hungry for d title..

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Johnnoo(m): 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
dammytosh: I still prefer Siasia.

He was fired because he was not licking NFF's a*s*s. Most of his principles that Keshi adhered to are still working for us. Keshi looks like NFF's stooge to me.

I believe he can sha.
Bros do you watch matches from the back of tv
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by touchmeder: 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
GeJ79: YOU SHALL NEVER SHARE YOUR GLORY WITH ANYBODY YOU ARE THE LORD THAT IS YOUR NAME......LOL

grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by preselect(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2013
nigerians shocked shocked shocked shocked
glory never come yet una don de fight over how to share am.

bukina faso wont be a walk over. they are capable of winning the cup, and yes, they are better than any other team we have played so far. they got a draw against us. a true draw ( not zambia's wayo penalty draw)

they are strong and their goal against us in injury time says something about their character and fighting spirit.in the semis they fought against the ghanaians and the referee and won. kept their cool when it was obvious the ref was against them. fought their way to victory. you guys are already measuring the tapes when the game is yet to be played.

PRAY FOR THE EAGLES
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Johnnoo(m): 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
Share my foot!!!! Siasia' tactics are too archaic. He should go and prove his worth with some other African countries wink
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Reyspin(m): 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
Like Keshi Like Siasa....Comparing Via MTN Crappy Network
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by chykeo1(m): 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
IMO, we as Nigerians are very impatient #TakeItOrLeaveIt
The wise say: rome wasnt built in one day...and likewise our best team ('94 team) ever wasn't built in a day. WHy? because we had a coach that had ample time to select, groom, re-train and also understand his team's strength and weakness. However since '94 there has been NO OTHER coach that has been given time to do the same. What we have seen over time, is a hire and fire mentality which hasnt yielded any meaningful results.

Back to the topic, what I see is a CONTINUTY OF PLANS/POLICY from one coach to another. Even though the current coach is KESHI, it is clearly obvious that he adopted the POLICIES/STYLE of leadership from SIASIA.
Kudos to both. They played their roles well, (permitting the excesses of the Nigerian football managers). Please share the Glory!
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by ukpaku: 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
leave SIASIa out of this,siasha that almost subject those boys to corpral punishment forgeting his primary task. Infact siasia is one of the worse coach interms of senior team and the highest paid indigenious coach who even pick his assistant from holland bcus of arogancy. Let every body work for his glory, it is not mend to shared.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arsenal Offers Semi Ajayi Two-Year Contract / Nigeria Vs. South Africa AFCON: Governor Adeleke Dances As Nigeria Wins / Asisat Oshoala And Victor Osimhen Nominated For 2023 Ballon d'Or

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.