Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story (22855 Views)

Wale Adenuga Productions Announces Acting Auditions / Accredited Acting School in Lagos | Contacting Wale Adenuga Productions / Super Story - "One Bad Apple" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by talktimi(m): 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
semid4lyfe: Na normal thing for FILM jare

For example, X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) had "Nigerian" scenes of Lagos and a Village in South Eastern Nigeria where Ibo was even spoken but the crew and cast never set foot in Nigeria.

they didn't even speak the igbo sef, they just chanted jargons in that scene
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by greatgod2012(f): 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2013
Abeg, leave d man jare, how much do they even make from d shootings sef, hence, their manage, manage system.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by SisiKill1: 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2013
mdsocks:

We all know about set designing..but seriously that's why we call it acting...You act the scenes make it real

We ain't criticizing just based on sentiments but the scene we were been shown was different from what the real situations were.

So we are criticizing them because they did not do a better job at recreating the scenery/location and not because they don't shoot on location? If that's the case. ...then I am totally on board but then again what else do you expect from an industry steeped in mediocrity and papapapaism?!!
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Kennedyiheme: 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2013
uihebom: Its very difficult to please Nigerians why? Na poverty cos am?
Dnt Gt It Wrong, D Point Is That,they Said Wit Their Own Mouth Dat Dey Shot D Movie Abroad, D Producers Of XMen Never Told Anybody Dey Will Really Come To Naija
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by timbros(m): 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill: It's so sad when people who don't know jack about movie production open their mouth gbagba to talk about it.

Not a big fan of Nollywood....heck I detest the industry for many reasons but not shooting on location is not one of them.

Do you know how many of the Hollywood movies are actually shot on the location they are set? Do you know how many TV shows you watch are shot in the cities they are based? Hundreds of thousands!! You wanna know why. .. is cuts costs.

If Hollywood with their big azz budgets can do that despite the fact that they are somewhat guaranteed huge box office returns, why should Nollywood be any different??!

Movie making in itself is about creating an illusion or do you think all those people jumping and kicking in the air 7 times are doing it for real? So what yeye truth are you looking for?

Again only someone who knows very little about the logistics of movie making will think this is an issue worth discussing.

Here's a little homework for you Kato...Do some research on SET DESIGNING/PRODUCTION. Now, now don't fret. ..you aren't going to get graded for it. The assignment is for you to educate yourself so next time you won't open a thread laid on the foundation of ignorance.

You dont get the OP one bit.

Faking the location is not what he is against but LIEING about the location is the issue here. Why saying that the scenes were shot in ITALy when they were shot in LAGOS.
We all know that sometimes due to budget, some scenes are shot in a nearer location from the 'original' location, but why lie about it? If WAP wants us to believe that this scene happened in Italy, so be it. But why telling us that they actually travelled to Italy to shoot the scene when it is actually shot in Lagos? I think thats the OPs grieviance.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by donsax: 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
Itohan never set foot on turin italy....
The italy guy that aksed itohan to marry her accent English is some how funny.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

So we are criticizing them because they did not do a better job at recreating the scenery/location and not because they don't shoot on location? If that's the case. ...then I am totally on board but then again what else do you expect from an industry steeped in mediocrity and papapapaism?!!

Yeah...that's just it.

We need to start making our films more real even though it's acting.Sometimes we over act or place ridiculous exchange of words and scenarios in our movies.

When Nollywood actors are on set, they act as if the people watching are fools or dummies, they don't challenge one's
intellect at all. A movie should be more encompassing in terms of education. They said they shot some scenes in
Morocco but i didn't learn anything new like monuments, location or routes because there was nothing that looked remotely close to the "Morroco" they were trying to showcase.

Most of the knowledge of places I know are not actually about me being there but it was about me seeing them in movies even though they were not the actual location.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Jyde89: 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
that one no be news, na so all of dem de do; dem go go ikoyi talk say na zion, 9ja film na real wa.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by HerexG(m): 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
toba: Wale Adenuga needs no introduction to many Nigerians, atleast those(some of us grin) that read old magazines in the 80s like Ikebe super, Binta and super story.. 'When they were published, these magazines sold in the excess of half a million copies per edition. They were a success story.'

In the 90s WAP debuted TV shows and most that have been around especially from yr 2000 to date and are also TV adherent(foreign and Local tv channels) would know about his TV shows such as Super Story, Papa Ajasco and co, This life, Binta and friends etc.

No doubt, all his shows are entertaining and educating, but my issue with him is on the new TV series of super story titled 'ITOHAN! A CALL TO ACTION'

The program was recorded in conjuction with NAPTIP(National Agency for Prohibition of Traffic in Persons and Other Related Matters ) and supposedly shot in about 6 'countries' around the world comprising Nigeria, Benin, Mali, Morrocco, spain and Italy.
read more here http://www.naptip.gov.ng/pressitohan.html

The issue is this. Most of us have come to realise that Nollywood movies are fictional and so fake. I was expecting WAP to do better cos of his pedigree.

We saw the Nigeria scenes, Benin republic scenes, Mali scenes and 'Morrocco scenes'. The so called Italy and Spain scenes are big lies. The ladies sits on the curb and wait for customers in the street. Those curbs we see are as stained as what we see in Lagos Nigeria.

Also Glory Young (thats the madam in Italy) only sits in the house, without having to view the garden at all.

Most foreign scenes are acted at Night without the day brightness to really convince us the film was acted in the countries alleged.

I believe Nigerians can do better than this. Tade Ogidan that's behind the evergreen movie diamond ring, did a better job. RMD the father of teju baby face actually traveled in search of the diamond ring and it was shown in daylight.

I dont hate WAP, but i hate the fact that Nigerians are being fooled again.

I rest my case grin

One of the soap actor, actually told me he did traveled to spain. I checked all the pics on his phone, i did'nt see an evidence to proof they actually did traveled out. No airport pics, streets, shopping malls and the rest all i saw was bunched of actors and actress's acting and displaying in a house. You are right op.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by HerexG(m): 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
toba: Wale Adenuga needs no introduction to many Nigerians, atleast those(some of us grin) that read old magazines in the 80s like Ikebe super, Binta and super story.. 'When they were published, these magazines sold in the excess of half a million copies per edition. They were a success story.'

In the 90s WAP debuted TV shows and most that have been around especially from yr 2000 to date and are also TV adherent(foreign and Local tv channels) would know about his TV shows such as Super Story, Papa Ajasco and co, This life, Binta and friends etc.

No doubt, all his shows are entertaining and educating, but my issue with him is on the new TV series of super story titled 'ITOHAN! A CALL TO ACTION'

The program was recorded in conjuction with NAPTIP(National Agency for Prohibition of Traffic in Persons and Other Related Matters ) and supposedly shot in about 6 'countries' around the world comprising Nigeria, Benin, Mali, Morrocco, spain and Italy.
read more here http://www.naptip.gov.ng/pressitohan.html

The issue is this. Most of us have come to realise that Nollywood movies are fictional and so fake. I was expecting WAP to do better cos of his pedigree.

We saw the Nigeria scenes, Benin republic scenes, Mali scenes and 'Morrocco scenes'. The so called Italy and Spain scenes are big lies. The ladies sits on the curb and wait for customers in the street. Those curbs we see are as stained as what we see in Lagos Nigeria.

Also Glory Young (thats the madam in Italy) only sits in the house, without having to view the garden at all.

Most foreign scenes are acted at Night without the day brightness to really convince us the film was acted in the countries alleged.

I believe Nigerians can do better than this. Tade Ogidan that's behind the evergreen movie diamond ring, did a better job. RMD the father of teju baby face actually traveled in search of the diamond ring and it was shown in daylight.

I dont hate WAP, but i hate the fact that Nigerians are being fooled again.

I rest my case grin

One of the soap actor, actually told me he did traveled to spain. I checked all the pics on his phone, i did'nt see an evidence to proof they actually did traveled out. No airport pics, streets, shopping malls and the rest all i saw was bunched of actors and actress's acting and displaying in a house. You are right op.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Hajiadubs: 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
There are many odes in this house. Creating an illussion should be done in such a way that those watching should look really hard to tell the difference. That, I believe, is the point this post was trying to make. Make the film in whatever part of the world you like but if you want your audience to believe it was made in a certain place work hard to make them believe it.
Constructive criticism hurts no one except those who never want to get better at their game.

3 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
toba:
You've claimed to have shut a movie in Italy, whereas you're faking it. Should be all be fooled and swallow the lies? its not compulsory to travel to shoot films but dont just make things up.

I understand if your issue is that he 'verbally lied about taking cast & crew to Italy to shoot' then, if true, there is no reason for him to say such BUT if your issue is him depicting Italy and it looked badly shot then stop complaining and take it as the 'lazy' people gave it.

Filmmaking is all about faking it... even many 'factual documentaries' fake it. Until you put yourself behind the camera and realise how difficult filmmaking is... the 'location' someone shot should be the very least of your worries.

Do you realise that even some Hollywood studios look like a bunch of wareouses... what do you think a 'sound stage' is? Like Semid and others have said - did you ever see Hollywood crews shooting in Nigeria? No! Ah, so the film na lie? Yes and who cares... we watch them to be entertained. What you can get angry at is bad filmmaking or a crappy story. We don join yab all those kind things for here tire. So please no vex say aliens never came to earth and you want a refund because you didn't know it was CGI.

You also mentioned a 1998 flashback that had a 2001 poster in it... we ALL agree that is stupid filmmaking plain and simple! There is absolutely no excuse for that when it is sooooo easy to replace the poster in the edit. That is our laziness!

Also as Sisi-Kill said... it is far too expensive to shoot all over the world. Even James Bond that loves to brag about its use of 'exotic' locations can't do it all the time... they do get to travel a lot though.

Since y'all seemed to like the other clip I posted here is a cool 'Spiderman' how-it-was-made clip. Film school full for Internet grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5qLuQVSe8k
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by SisiKill1: 1:08pm On Feb 09, 2013
mdsocks:

Yeah...that's just it.

We need to start making our films more real even though it's acting.

Sometimes we over act or place ridiculous exchange of words and scenarios in our movies.

When Nollywood actors are on set, they act as if the people watching are fools or dummies, they don't challenge one's

intellect at all.

A movie should be more encompassing in terms of education. They said they shot some scenes in Morocco but i didn't

learn anything new like monuments, location or routes because there was nothing to what they shot.

Most of the knowledge of places I know are not actually about me being there but it was about me seeing them in movies

even though they were not the actual location.

Couldn't agree more with you!!!

. . .But I have stopped expecting anything remotely creative and well thought out from Nollywood. The truth is they aren't to blame. ..it's the people who continue to laud the crap they churn out everyday who shoulder the blame.

The day people decide they don't deserve to have their senses raped everyday with trash is the day Nollywood will change their ways. This is what happened with Bollywood in the mid 90s. Now if you see some Bollywood movies, you won't be faulted for thinking it's a Hollywood production...that is until they start their singing and dancing. cheesy cheesy
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 1:11pm On Feb 09, 2013
mdsocks:
We ain't criticizing just based on sentiments but the scene we were been shown was different from what the real situations were.[/left]

No I think we now understand it is the LYING that is the issue here and I completely agree with the OP that they should not have lied. There is nothing wrong with the scenes shown being different from 'reality'... that is to be expected.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
The day people decide they don't deserve to have their senses raped everyday with trash is the day Nollywood will change their ways. This is what happened with Bollywood in the mid 90s. Now if you see some Bollywood movies, you won't be faulted for thinking it's a Hollywood production...that is until they start their singing and dancing. cheesy cheesy
Hahaha true!
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by SisiKill1: 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
@ Villageboi
Love those clips!!

My favorite so far is the magic behind THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73GAcSpkR9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM9IuZlDLjY

Honestly movie making is so much fun when done right.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by madan(f): 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2013
Agbgift: Do people still watch super story?
Abi o?
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill: @ Villageboi
Love those clips!!

Honestly movie making is so much fun when done right.

You're very welcome. Shame go catch me if I confess how much time I spend reading, researching and watching stuff about filmmaking online lol.
But I so love BTS and, as you mentioned, when filmmaking is done right it's so much fun. Love the clips you posted too. Thanks.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Knowyaself(m): 1:51pm On Feb 09, 2013
Nothing wrong with make-beleive.but it is unethical to lie about background information that a professional may count on for certain purposes.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Aizebioje(m): 1:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
toba: You guys are really missing the point.

Whats the need for review and constructive criticism? we watch nollywood and a movie shot in 2007, having a flash back of 1998, with a bill board of MTN that came to Nigeria in 2001 at the background. how does that add up?

You've claimed to have shut a movie in Italy, whereas you're faking it. Should be all be fooled and swallow the lies? its not compulsory to travel to shoot films but dont just make things up.
I didn't hear/see you say/type Falsehood when X-men supposedly shot a scene in Lagos with those horrible Non-NIGERIAN ACCENTS!
If the budget couldn't take the cast abroad then so be it.
I bet you'll tell me Star Wars was shot in space!
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by jmoore(m): 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
@op just like many have said, you don't have to be in a Italy to shoot a film about Italy. The problem is that wale adenuga could not create a scene that resembles the foreign countries in the film.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 1:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
Nollywood mediocre will NEVER cut it; we really need to strive for greatness! A few years ago a short 5min 'zero-budget ($300)' film on Youtube got the maker 'Fede Alvarez' a $30m Hollywood deal. Now he is directing the new 'Evil Dead' which is being produced by Sam Raimi -

Initial Youtube film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dadPWhEhVk

Evil Dead Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKFDkpHCQz4
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nwabialuwa: 2:32pm On Feb 09, 2013
OP, are you really serious? There are many movies set in space. Should they also travel to the moon to shoot?

You are complaining that he is fooling people by making you believe the scene was set abroad? THAT'S WHAT HE IS SUPPOSED TO DO.
Do you know how much it costs to haul equipment plus transport actors to those countries to shoot?

Please find something better to complain about. This is rubbish!
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by SisiKill1: 3:12pm On Feb 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

You're very welcome. Shame go catch me if I confess how much time I spend reading, researching and watching stuff about filmmaking online lol.
But I so love BTS and, as you mentioned, when filmmaking is done right it's so much fun. Love the clips you posted too. Thanks.
Bwahahahahahahahaha. ....what shame? Your own is small. ...you don't wanna know the lengths I have gone. Lemme not talk before people start giving me the side eye. cheesy

I think this is why it's frustrating that Nollywood refuses to learn. information is so available.....you are almost burdened with an over abundance of it. Honestly there's no excuse.

About a month or so someone posted the rubbish Nollywood passes off as action (a toy helicopter landing ) and I almost punch my screen out. The idiocy of the entire thing was just so uncalled for. ...have some respect for your audience dammit!!!

Ughhh.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by naijavlogcom(m): 3:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
...And i reply to you: Thet's what makes it a film.It's not reality!

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Ignatio(m): 3:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
Ever heard of a chroma shot. Look it up on the net, watch videos and you will be shocked how hollywood mess with your head using a green cloth.

That WAP faked an Italian scene is nothing compared to what Hollywood does except if they said they travelled to Italy to make those shots.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
Bwahahahahahahahaha. ....what shame? Your own is small. ...you don't wanna know the lengths I have gone. Lemme not talk before people start giving me the side eye. cheesy

I think this is why it's frustrating that Nollywood refuses to learn. information is so available.....you are almost burdened with an over abundance of it. Honestly there's no excuse.

About a month or so someone posted the rubbish Nollywood passes off as action (a toy helicopter landing ) and I almost punch my screen out. The idiocy of the entire thing was just so uncalled for. ...have some respect for your audience dammit!!!

Ughhh.
Lolololol your own don pass side eye enta into sidewinder-missile! My own bad o reach ex yab me say "Last, last na kamela & fim you need to date." But it's araiiiigght as they don't talk back or nag teehee!
Why is you yabbing my mega FX tonka-toy helicopter scenes... did you know how much we spent on that shot alone as well as dunking it in the pond? Can't lie... I fear the mumu that made that home-fideo lol

You're so right, there is no excuse but laziness for the crap we churn out. Can't they see what clips/FX 13 & 15yr olds are churning out on their laptops for bedroom. I totally lie not, the video below is made by a kid... I think he's 15.

CHALK WARFARE 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEhsxDn-cbk

MAKING OF - CHALK WARFARE 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSN-dNqm4M4&feature=share&list=PL3AF7F70A816EB81B

GUNS VFX - CHALK WARFARE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc3pe97rBxA
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

No I think we now understand it is the LYING that is the issue here and I completely agree with the OP that they should not have lied. There is nothing wrong with the scenes shown being different from 'reality'... that is to be expected.
yeah...nothing wrong in scenes shown to be different from actual reality but let them make it presently and atleast realistic.

But enough of criticisms...if i were wale adenuga... The scenes for morroco and other nothern African countries could have been shot in some serene areas of places like abuja,kaduna and kano with background music of the host countries playing or the usual Adhan,muslim call to prayers. They could have also shown atleast taxi scenes and stuff like that to make it more realistic. For Europe I guess some streets of Calabar have similarities in terms of flora with some cities of spain and italy. Also they could have shown places with them interacting with the local communities like buying drugs or provisions in a small supermarket with some white people in the background also shopping.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Reyspin(m): 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2013
VillageBoi:
Teehee! You really think filmmaking na pure reality? Hopefully you don't jump off a high-rise building thinking you can really fly like Superman... but if you do you will win a Darwin award. Just watch this and calm yasef down grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhN1STep_zk
Village boy no doubt...Read whats on the Naptip website and WAP'S Claim... Them dey use V.I walkway as Turin, Italy.. The thing over obvious to the extent wey be say my little cuz even talk say this na Naijiria... Fake Oyinbo sef no help matters.... Correcting via MTN Crappy Network
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Ughhh.
Sisi_Kill:

Couldn't agree more with you!!!

. . .But I have stopped expecting anything remotely creative and well thought out from Nollywood. The truth is they aren't to blame. ..it's the people who continue to laud the crap they churn out everyday who shoulder the blame.

The day people decide they don't deserve to have their senses raped everyday with trash is the day Nollywood will change their ways. This is what happened with Bollywood in the mid 90s. Now if you see some Bollywood movies, you won't be faulted for thinking it's a Hollywood production...
lol at toy helicopter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: The Moment Groovy Arrived In Level 1 And Deji In Level 2 (Video) / BBNaija: Housemates Celebrate The Cultural Richness Of Nigeria (Photos) / Download Latest Nigerian Nollywood Movie With Ease! - 2016 Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.