Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,504 members, 7,770,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:20 AM

Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story (22699 Views)

Wale Adenuga Productions Announces Acting Auditions / Accredited Acting School in Lagos | Contacting Wale Adenuga Productions / Super Story - "One Bad Apple" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by SisiKill1: 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2013
VillageBoi:
Lolololol your own don pass side eye enta into sidewinder-missile! My own bad o reach ex yab me say "Last, last na kamela & fim you need to date." But it's araiiiigght as they don't talk back or nag teehee!
Why is you yabbing my mega FX tonka-toy helicopter scenes... did you know how much we spent on that shot alone as well as dunking it in the pond? Can't lie... I fear the mumu that made that home-fideo lol

You're so right, there is no excuse but laziness for the crap we churn out. Can't they see what clips/FX 13 & 15yr olds are churning out on their laptops for bedroom. I totally lie not, the video below is made by a kid... I think he's 15.

CHALK WARFARE 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEhsxDn-cbk

MAKING CHALK WARFARE 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSN-dNqm4M4&feature=share&list=PL3AF7F70A816EB81B

You just made me sad!!!!!! sad

See what kids are coming up with just for fun! Ah!!!

We have a long way to go.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2013
mdsocks: yeah...nothing wrong in scenes shown to be different from actual reality but let them make it presently and atleast realistic.

But enough of criticisms...if i were wale adenuga... The scenes for morroco and other nothern African countries could have been shot in some serene areas of places like abuja,kaduna and kano with background music of the host countries playing or the usual Adhan,muslim call to prayers. They could have also shown atleast taxi scenes and stuff like that to make it more realistic. For Europe I guess some streets of Calabar have similarities in terms of flora with some cities of spain and italy. Also they could have shown places with them interacting with the local communities like buying drugs or provisions in a small supermarket with some white people in the background also shopping.

Yep you are right. It's just dodgy filmmaking that they did. I always call it 'laziness'.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 4:02pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

You just made me sad!!!!!! sad

See what kids are coming up with just for fun! Ah!!!

We have a long way to go.

I added a 3rd video to the post... I forgot to add how they turned the cardboard guns into chalk guns... small shildren o! I don die!!

EXACTLY - the kids do this for FUN. Our problem is we think "How much MONEY can we make off mumu audience" first; not a real love for filmmaking.

Ok I'll add it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc3pe97rBxA
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2013
Reyspin: Village boy no doubt...Read whats on the Naptip website and WAP'S Claim... Them dey use V.I walkway as Turin, Italy.. The thing over obvious to the extent wey be say my little cuz even talk say this na Naijiria... Fake Oyinbo sef no help matters.... Correcting via MTN Crappy Network

Hahaha so true. We no send to use albino as oyinbo... *VillageBoi Disclaimer* - No offense to albino people intended!
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Exponental(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
Cutting cost thinzzz!
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by lynx200(m): 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2013
I have really learnt a lot from this argument. From my experience on the field it's not that Nollywood can't do this but the producers are just lazy. All they are interested in is shooting something to get a few quid from a marketer and live the celebrity life. An elderly actor who trained on stage told me that he had to tone down his acting. I have also encountered this in my scriptwriting where the first thing the producer is thinking about is how much it will cost and shoot down the idea. That's why Nigerian films are mediocre. They only think about the moment but their time is coming to an end as people are slowly wising up to their antics(As witnessed by the plummeting sales) A guy approached me to write a couple of scripts for him saying he could link me up but one condition "There most be enough girls and they must show their yansh". What do you expect from people with that mentality?
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2013
lynx200: I have really learnt a lot from this argument. From my experience on the field it's not that Nollywood can't do this but the producers are just lazy. All they are interested in is shooting something to get a few quid from a marketer and live the celebrity life. An elderly actor who trained on stage told me that he had to tone down his acting. I have also encountered this in my scriptwriting where the first thing the producer is thinking about is how much it will cost and shoot down the idea. That's why Nigerian films are mediocre. They only think about the moment but their time is coming to an end as people are slowly wising up to their antics(As witnessed by the plummeting sales) A guy approached me to write a couple of scripts for him saying he could link me up but one condition "There most be enough girls and they must show their yansh". What do you expect from people with that mentality?

Potboilers
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by toluleke(m): 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2013
it happens everywhere in the world. Before criticising always do some home research
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by enemmo(f): 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2013
D place dey stand at nite looks like Alausa to me.But they really tried ƒσя the desert scenes
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Coolcube: 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2013
You see the problem with Nigerian film maker is that they forget that plausibility is one important factor they're to consider in their films. Yes we all know acting/film is make-believe but how would you believe something that doesn't looks real. Watch Hollywood movies, even with all their technical lapses which are difficult to notice though, you'll still want to believe it. Watch 24 hours and you see how the said White House was portrayed as the real one. See the UN conference centre and compare it with the real one, you'll see that they imitated it well.
Someone said film is not reality but as someone who knows about the field I'll tell you that film mirrors reality. The extent to which it mirrors reality perfectly will determine it success. So many problems with our film making industry anyway, funds isn't readily available and piracy destroys the market and that's why films as shot in few locations and just 2 weeks or so in Nigeria.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Originalsly: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2013
toba: You guys are really missing the point.

Whats the need for review and constructive criticism? we watch nollywood and a movie shot in 2007, having a flash back of 1998, with a bill board of MTN that came to Nigeria in 2001 at the background. how does that add up?

You've claimed to have shut a movie in Italy, whereas you're faking it. Should be all be fooled and swallow the lies? its not compulsory to travel to shoot films but dont just make things up.
Missing which point? In the thread Your point was the scene was not shot in Italy but in Nigeria. Now you are making a different point which is the film maker said the scene was shot in Italy but it was not....the film maker is a liar. So which point did we miss?
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 8:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
lynx200: DAMN!!! So that's how they do it. Cuts out the hassles of hiring locations and transportation of equipment. With this video one can see the relevancy of the studio system. Thanks for this educational video Villageboi.
planetuzor: Oga I swear na God go bless u. I was watching dat youtube video and was so surprised.
Glad you guys enjoyed the clips.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2013
mdsocks: lol at toy helicopter

The toy helicopter joke is a real film... clip below. You go laff tire lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AE1PTAfRms
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2013
Originalsly: Missing which point? In the thread Your point was the scene was not shot in Italy but in Nigeria. Now you are making a different point which is the film maker said the scene was shot in Italy but it was not....the film maker is a liar. So which point did we miss?
you've failed to follow the trend of this discourse. It would be very illogical for someone to use a nissan maxima engine to prove that a 3.0litre toyota camry consumes high volume of fuel.

The film is a fiction no doubt but at least the producer ought to make it a little real rather than fake the whole thing. We would have appreciated more clips like the airport, bar, restaurant etc in the same country not just showing a Lagos street claiming its an italian street. simple.

If you listen to the prologue, they said 'this film was shot in 6 countries of the world'
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by idefua: 8:49pm On Feb 09, 2013
So what! Is acting suppose to be real? The most import thing is the message being sent across.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by alphaconde(m): 10:22pm On Feb 09, 2013
later they will say buy made in nigeria goods
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Tinyemeka(m): 4:42am On Feb 10, 2013
toba: You guys are really missing the point.

Whats the need for review and constructive criticism? we watch nollywood and a movie shot in 2007, having a flash back of 1998, with a bill board of MTN that came to Nigeria in 2001 at the background. how does that add up?

You've claimed to have shut a movie in Italy, whereas you're faking it. Should be all be fooled and swallow the lies? its not compulsory to travel to shoot films but dont just make things up.

Yes I noticed that too and expressed same reservations to the person I was with at that time. That scene at the curb at night looked totally Nigerian. My thoughts then were: 'who are these people trying to deceive sef?'

They made no attempt in trying to re-create the scene to appear Italian. They just shot and 'required' viewers to believe it was Italy.

Going by the response of readers to your critique, it is further evidence of why Nollywood would continue to churn out mainly crap and people would have no qualms about that.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Tinyemeka(m): 4:45am On Feb 10, 2013
Originalsly: Missing which point? In the thread Your point was the scene was not shot in Italy but in Nigeria. Now you are making a different point which is the film maker said the scene was shot in Italy but it was not....the film maker is a liar. So which point did we miss?

You are saying one and the same thing.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by maclatunji: 7:04am On Feb 10, 2013
OP, you have not finished watching the series, how do you know scenes from those countries you mentioned won't be shown?

The least you could have done is to contact WAP for them to confirm or deny your assertions. You are hardly better than those you seek to criticise, you come across as an armchair critic with no facts.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by ezzye: 7:45am On Feb 10, 2013
VillageBoi:

Thank you very much Originalsy!
dude WTH.....jeez dis is so amazing. 4 real?
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Originalsly: 10:11am On Feb 10, 2013
Tinyemeka:

1.The scene should have appeared to to be shot in Italy. 2. WAP said the scene was shot in Italy. Same thing?
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 10, 2013
maclatunji: OP, you have not finished watching the series, how do you know scenes from those countries you mentioned won't be shown?

The least you could have done is to contact WAP for them to confirm or deny your assertions. You are hardly better than those you seek to criticise, you come across as an armchair critic with no facts.
Nigerians love mediocrity and you're are one of them. What more evidence do u need to prove the scenes were shot in Nigeria? do u even have deductive reasonability at all? The girls sits in one position all the time and no movement to the right or to the left beyond 3metres. No showing of Italian police running after the ladies or arresting anyone of them. No super market, no garden view etc. Is that how its done?

The film is not really a make believe cos WAP said its a true life story being relayed into a story line. It must look so real for there to be no doubt at all. We want to learn how it actually happend.

You'll do well to shut up forever than come in here to chat nonsense, like u do most times on NL
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 10, 2013
Originalsly: 1.The scene should have appeared to to be shot in Italy. 2. WAP said the scene was shot in Italy. Same thing?
We see Nigerian police pursue ashaawo and arrest them. We are yet to see Italian police with their vehicle go after these girls. No staircase view of italian hotel. No external view of the building they're residing in. so many flaws like we are used to in Nollywood
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 11:00am On Feb 10, 2013
ezzy-e:

dude WTH.....jeez dis is so amazing. 4 real?

I'm just glad we can learn from such clips.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by SisiKill1: 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
Tinyemeka:

How is it one and the same??!!
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by SisiKill1: 2:14pm On Feb 10, 2013
VillageBoi:

The toy helicopter joke is a real film... clip below. You go laff tire lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AE1PTAfRms
This is soooo unforgivable!!!!

Ughhh!!!! angry
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Tinyemeka(m): 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
Originalsly: 1.The scene should have appeared to to be shot in Italy. 2. WAP said the scene was shot in Italy. Same thing?

Film-maker according to the story, wishes us to believe that the scene is set in Italy, which obviously is not Italy. No effort was made to re-create the set to at least portray an Italian setting. So why should I accept that that location was Italy?

I dont wish to argue. All I'm saying is that the setting was very poorly done.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by pak: 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2013
@Villageboi, sisi_kill et others,

You guys are blaming Nollywood ba ?

Okay now, am gonna link you to a film that will 'shut ya all up' if you haven't seen the trailer yet.

It was produced by Ugandans and got about 11 oscar nominations, winning eight.

As you can see, it has over a million youtube videos

Its called 'WHO KILLED THE CAPTAIN ALEX'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BymeLkZ7GqM

I wonder if anyone will have the 'mouth' to criticize nollywood after watching this . . . .

walalalalala . .action
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by maclatunji: 5:57pm On Feb 10, 2013
toba: Nigerians love mediocrity and you're are one of them. What more evidence do u need to prove the scenes were shot in Nigeria? do u even have deductive reasonability at all? The girls sits in one position all the time and no movement to the right or to the left beyond 3metres. No showing of Italian police running after the ladies or arresting anyone of them. No super market, no garden view etc. Is that how its done?

The film is not really a make believe cos WAP said its a true life story being relayed into a story line. It must look so real for there to be no doubt at all. We want to learn how it actually happend.

You'll do well to shut up forever than come in here to chat nonsense, like u do most times on NL

How does this address the fact that the series has not ended and you are already concluding that no scenes were shot outside Nigeria and questioning WAP's credibility?
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2013
pak: @Villageboi, sisi_kill et others,

You guys are blaming Nollywood ba ?

Okay now, am gonna link you to a film that will 'shut ya all up' if you haven't seen the trailer yet.

It was produced by Ugandans and got about 11 oscar nominations, winning eight.

As you can see, it has over a million youtube videos

Its called 'WHO KILLED THE CAPTAIN ALEX'

I wonder if anyone will have the 'mouth' to criticize nollywood after watching this . . . .
walalalalala . .action

Thanks for your post. First of all I'm not really sure what exact point you were trying to make. Secondly as an 'audience member' I have and will retain the right to yab Hollywood, Nollywood, the gazillion whatever-woods and any other industry I want. Are you going to tell me you are not aware of the amount of yabbing 'The Titanic' got?

So what if there are other industries that make crap? How is that my business or how should that, according to you, translate into the removal of anyones right to yab Nollywood when they make rubbish?
Tender a logical argument and we will listen to your point of view. However, if you meant it as humour then please do ignore everything I have written above with an apology.
I just couldn't understand the direction you are coming from.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by pak: 10:36pm On Feb 10, 2013
VillageBoi:

Thanks for your post. First of all I'm not really sure what exact point you were trying to make. Secondly as an 'audience member' I have and will retain the right to yab Hollywood, Nollywood, the gazillion whatever-woods and any other industry I want. Are you going to tell me you are not aware of the amount of yabbing 'The Titanic' got?

So what if there are other industries that make crap? How is that my business or how should that, according to you, translate into the removal of anyones right to yab Nollywood when they make rubbish?
Tender a logical argument and we will listen to your point of view. However, if you meant it as humour then please do ignore everything I have written above with an apology.
I just couldn't understand the direction you are coming from.

You're taking too serious bro wink

I don't watch movies so I don't really care one bit about any of the woods , Holly, nolly, bolly, kanny, golly . . . (insert the rest here)
Wether to criticize them or refrain is left to you.

N.B. - that quip about the oscars should have made my intentions clear
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2013
pak: N.B. - that quip about the oscars should have made my intentions clear

Lol at least Uganda have better claim to Oscar fame than Nigeria afterall writer/director, Scott Hicks, of the Oscar winning film 'Shine' was born there grin

RE: the initial post... Teehee, come on at least add an 'lol' for us nah... it read 'serious' with one not being able to hear tones or see facial expressions online wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: The Moment Groovy Arrived In Level 1 And Deji In Level 2 (Video) / Has Telemundo Overtaken Africa-Magic Among Nigerian Female Viewers? / Ilebaye Evicted From Big Brother Naija 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.