Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

12 PDP Governors May Join APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 PDP Governors May Join APC (19955 Views)

Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun / 2015: Northern Governors May Form New Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by OmoTier1(m): 10:12am On Feb 09, 2013
taharqa:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LOL.. where have I heard this kind of 'we are large..we can accomodate ALL' talk before??

No bi dis same Fashakin dey blow grammar, dey tell us say: PDP is full of KIlLERS AND THIEVES; na im dey solicit their core members (Governors) now, say APC get 'large Heart'!!!

Hehehehehe.. BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES (not all of them sha).
Do you really think APC will welcome confirmed looters like Dickson or Uduaghn into her fold? They know the PDP governors they're referring to, and these are those that will be of good political fortune to them building a better political base in the region ahead of 2015.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 09, 2013
bunch of the same feathers,
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 09, 2013
Propaganda!
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by unforgiven: 10:16am On Feb 09, 2013
The new party APC has no GRAND plan except to oust PDP.

2 Likes

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by sheyiefunmie: 10:17am On Feb 09, 2013
Hmmmmmmm whether the entire PDP join dere souls wit APC dats dere cup of tea. My concern is dat if our so called leaders dnt purge corruption out of dere system dey will never knw hw too rule this country.
Wen the time comes for a new president to be elected I just hope dere wldnt be war amongst our leaders. May God help us all ooo.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by taharqa: 10:20am On Feb 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Do you really think APC will welcome confirmed looters like Dickson or Uduaghn into her fold? They know the PDP governors they're referring to, and these are those that will be of good political fortune to them building a better political base in the region ahead of 2015.

HYPO... READ Exactly what Fashakin, the 'fiery' CPC Spokesperson said:

“So, even if ALL the governors of the PDP want to come, they are welcome. APC is a party with large heart.”

No bi me talk am....

3 Likes

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Gbawe: 10:25am On Feb 09, 2013
9icest: I think GEJ really needs to WAKE up, and REALLY address the REAL problems of Nigeria, and stop playing POLITICS with his country people....
Everyone is deserting this guys....The few sticking around him, are doing so because they know they have no more hope of future appointment, and hes mainly their life saver and nothing more, but a means to an end for them.

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

You speak the truth even as it will not be accepted by many here who clannishly support GEJ automatically, over every issue, while also automatically vilifying others who act against GEJ without a care for equity and fairness. They are not even fair-minded enough to see the treachery they are backing. If a moderate like Aliyu leaves the PDP after GEJ declares his ambition, why would any fair minded person not rise above bigotry, sentiments and bias to understand his reason? Aliyu sacrificed , even going against his political father, i.e IBB, to deliver the delegate votes that defeated the Northern consensus candidate (Atiku) to get the ball rolling for GEJ.

Others like Yuguda and Lamido did same because GEJ pledged to serve only a term. These men all thought he would keep to this pledge and then leave the path open for their own Presidential ambition. What manner of clannishly unfair minds will some have been cursed if they can then not understand that many Governors would rather leave than support the treachery of GEJ? Fair is fair in life and good is good. No manner of ethnic or sectional affiliation should blind a decent person to that. Yet it is a shame bigotry is not allowing some to see that.

GEJ, towards the end, and if he persists, will have the support of only treacherous, unprincipled mercenaries and his bigoted kinsmen dedicated to supporting him blindly regardless of the wrong he has done that has seen him lose the goodwill of Nigerians and become isolated from his political allies. Any person with any sense of fairness will agree it only right for folks to resent and desert unprincipled users. Yet, I know many clannish and bigoted Nairalandres will make this about the Governors and heap scorn and insult on them. They will never note what GEJ has done treacherously and offensively to now leave him isolated by friends and foes alike.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by OmoTier1(m): 10:30am On Feb 09, 2013
taharqa:

HYPO... READ Exactly what Fashakin, the 'fiery' CPC Spokesperson said:

No bi me talk am....

Slow brains can't decipher anything sophisticated! A rhetorical statement is barely understood by slow brains like you. I would not hold brief for Fashakin, but it is obvious that his statement is clearly an attempt to portray that APC is an inclusive party, and whether you slow brains like it or not, PDP at central will be what it is today in Edo State come 2015.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by ayox2003: 10:32am On Feb 09, 2013
Y'all now see that PDP aint the problem? These dudes are friends.

Ajimobi was a PDP senator before he joined ANPP and now he's an ACN governor.

APC or PDP, the better candidate would have my vote.

Frawzey

3 Likes

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by donchris999: 10:33am On Feb 09, 2013
These news if true just confirms my thoughts that these opposition party is a means by which northerners want to grab back power. All the pdp governors that wants to decamp to the new apc are nothern governors am sure just for the sole aim of hijacking power back which they have lost. Can somebody now tell me the difference between these governors if the decamp and pdp? I thought the opposition said pdp are nest of killers ,incompetent and corrupt. Why accept them na. I guess these notherners think nigerians are fooools. They tried election in 2011, they lost, they tried boko haram, they have also lost, propaganda through the military by trying to cause mutiny, they have lost, now they all want to form a party in the name of opposition and decieve nigerians. They can only decieve the yorubas not others. Can any person tell me why oshiohmole an acn governor is skeptical about this merger and tactically withdrawing back? It is because oshiomhole knows that the intents of the merger is based on regional interest and not party lines. How can oshiomhole be decieved by the northerners to betray his brother Gej from the same south-south region irrespective of party affiliations. Thats what i call a true and sincere politician who knows his onion and not rochas okorocha a political p.rost.itute. So if the intents of the new merging party apc is to create a credible alternative and to save nigeria, then, what is the pdp governors branded failure and corrupt by the same opposition doing with them? Hmmmm..... They want to decieve nigerians and further their interest of born-to-rule mentality. Northerners. It is the yorubas i pity because if power goes back to the north, it will be another 40years as they have previously done. Let me just keep on watching and see the presidential candidate of these new party before i conclude, meanwhile fingers are crossed.

4 Likes

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Gbawe: 10:35am On Feb 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Didn't disgruntled elements like you say the same in Edo State? But today, with the leadership of Oshiomhole, are these individuals not performing in Edo State? Let them decamp, the benefit of them doing so will mean PDP is weakened and woulda unable to inflict more poverty on Nigerians.

Man mi, you are wasting your time with these bigoted and clannish elements. They are like a broken record repeating the same unintelligent message that the APC is no different to the PDP if it does not shut its door to decamping PDP politician. What a redundant and unintelligent viewpoint. Read the article culled from the thread below that has said everything intelligent and liberal folks, whatever their affiliation, can discern. Stop wasting your own time with these die-hard charlatan totally devoted to personalities rather than to ideas and issues.

Unlike the clannish hacks you indulge here, the author of the article below admit there are PDP decampees in the APC but he intelligently lays out the pragmatic reality of this situation the children you entertain will never see let alone accept. Tinubu has gotten far today because he has become a master at the pragmatically effective thinking and action the author identifies below.

Let children continue to make unrealistic noise and conclusion at odd with the Nigerian reality. These hacks will go on about the former PDP members joining APC but never talk of progressives like Utomi, Oyegun et al who have joined the ACN even before this merger. Everybody has to belong somewhere. It is how they are managed that matters. Terrorise the Streets of Lagos with armed robbery for decades if you want. Move to London and do the same and you will be shot dead on your first job.

So far as the sum total is good, as author indicates, and transformational positions ends up in the hands of genuinely transformational leaders, as obtains under Tinubu's philosophy, then I am happy for the APC to use the strength and number decamping politicians bring. Failing to do this , rejecting the Nigerian reality, and eschewing pragmatism is what has ensured the Utomis, Buharis and Fawenhinmis have failed in past political pursuit despite being seen as undoubted good guys by many.

https://www.nairaland.com/1189861/apc-may-not-saviour-it#14218719

APC May Not Be Our Saviour, but…
Posted: 02/08/2013 by Abdullahi Aborode in Opinion, Politics

Yesterday 7th February, 2013 we got news of the successful merger of the opposition parties (ACN, ANPP, APGA and CPC) which has been ongoing for quite a time now pending INEC’s ratification. They came together to form the APC = All Progressives Congress. As expected, there will be supporters, skeptics and those who antagonize.

I have been waiting for this outcome for quite a long time, I believe it is the only realistic revolution we can have in Nigeria to effect change that won’t involve bloodshed (Well, minimal bloodshed). The reason for my belief is due to the poor condition and the sorry state the PDP led administration in the last 14 years has put Nigerians through. The APC as we know still parades PDP elements and those members who may have decamped for one reason or the other.

Our nascent democracy won’t survive in the hands of incompetent leaders for long, it will continue to cost us the future of our kids and the gradual death of the positive potentials our generation possesses. Now that we have another mega-party, I strongly believe it will keep the PDP on its toes. It will force them to act now in the interest of the general public or lose the next election. I am of the opinion that the PDP have taken Nigerians for granted so long because they haven’t faced a serious competition. Now that the APC is coming on board, they know they have an incredible competitor and they’ll do everything not to lose grip of power. That is if APC lives up to it’s billing.

Something is better than nothing! We can’t settle for just anything but we can’t also let that deter us from lighting the fire under PDP. The PDP’s grip on power needs to be loosened as soon as possible, for us to uphold our democracy and make it participatory. No party should be guaranteed a win as the case is presently. There is need to flash them the badge of “sit up or get out” and without a credible opposition or a good plan in place, we are just labouring in pain.

14 years is more than enough for a political party to build a strong foundation, it is enough to salvage certain ills in the society and it is enough time to convince the people that the movement is geared towards reasonable and beneficial one. The PDP led administration has failed in this respect, I urge us all to give the APC a try. Yes, I know leadership shouldn’t be a trial and error thing, but can we afford to dance to PDP’s horrible music over and over again?

This is the time for us to get down to work and do something. It is not the time for lazy or petty talks, surely no time to look for loopholes. It is the time to drill the APC and know what they have in stock for us. It is the time to let them know we will hold them accountable for everything promised. It is time for us to demand for their manifesto and study it. This is not the time to rubbish the party, this is not the time to be all pessimistic, and it is not the time to point fingers without providing realistic alternatives.

However, it is important to know that the APC are no saviours, we are the ultimate saviours because sovereignty lies in our hands, and it is time for us to decide which party we will support or join. We can only be hopeful that the APC brings the change we clamour for. Having great minds in both parties will be a huge plus for the country. It is high time Nigeria had two great parties and two great alternatives. That will do our nation a whole lot of good, no doubt.

The APC is still a work in progress and I’ll urge Nigerians not to ruin this opportunity with continuous and unnecessary skepticism. If you don’t support APC then you are in the hands of the PDP, there are NO saints in politics everywhere in the world. Morality without will to compromise is not a potent ingredient in politics, we need to understand this. Politics is a combination of the good and bad but the ‘bad’ must not overshadow the good. The outcome has to be positive, has the PDP given us this?

Democracy is all about viable alternatives, the APC could be that viable alternative which must be supported. It is time for us to be vigilant, it is time for us as a people to come together and ask for the very best from both parties. We still have 2 years to 2015, we can’t afford to wait till then before we act as citizens, let us put the heat on this current administration, the 2 years shouldn’t be a repeat of the wasted years.

We don’t have to necessarily join partisan politics to project progress. Some of us need to be on the look out to act as check for the actors, but being an ordinary critic without efficiently looking for ways to effect change is useless. Part of the efficient acts is educating the masses on need to vote and protect their votes. It is important to vote when the time comes and not say “They are all bad I’m not voting”.

The future of Nigeria is in our hands. Let’s give the APC a chance and for those keen on partisan politics, why not examine the manifesto of APC and see if you can align with it. Make haste before the bad eggs of PDP start decamping into the APC.

God Bless Nigeria!

By AAABORODE

Edited by Debo Adejugbe
http://aaaborode./2013/02/08/apc-may-not-be-our-saviour-but/
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by brownlord: 10:43am On Feb 09, 2013
seanet01: PDP must be driven out of Power by all means.
Since 99, ordinary Lagos to Benin expressway they cannot finished.

Yes that true, so our educational system can start working

1 Like

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by brownlord: 10:46am On Feb 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

My friend shut up, they will even welcome facroock and Annenih self, they looking for people to sponsor their new born party remember, i use to believe so much in ACN but right now, i think i will prefer PDP to the stupid APC reasons, PDP can do worst than they ve done, but Buhari and Tinubu put together including those nothern boko haram govt. then Nigeria is finished

1 Like

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by ayox2003: 10:48am On Feb 09, 2013
unforgiven: The new party APC has no GRAND plan except to oust PDP.

They have a grand plan: To hold on to power as long as PDP.

U'll see that those dudes are gonna trump PDP as the largest party in Africa cos Buhari would own the North; Tinubu will own South West and Okorocha will own the East.

A night at a few hotels on the Island would open your eyes. See 'em sealing deals, both APC and PDP. Shior.

And y'all hailing Fashola, his can of worms, very soon, would open

Frawzey
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 09, 2013
12 PDP Governors 'May' joint APC ?

Lets discuss this when they decamp, right now, its only childish to speculate.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Valto(m): 10:59am On Feb 09, 2013
whether na APC,ACN,CPC,PDP,AGPA e.t.c... all na the same association of thieves... nothing good will ever come out of them all!!....its just the individual's personal resolve to govern well that matters, not party name!!
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by ayox2003: 10:59am On Feb 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Confirmed looters don't get caught. The looting going on in Lagos state alone, could make Nigeria a paradise if used judiciously.

Remember during Awolowo's regime, he said "One man, one plot". But he acquired that largest plots of land in Ibadan. Stop being fooled bro.

Take a cab in Johannesburg and ask who owns chain of houses in there. I was told that a popular ACN governor bought a bleeding expensive mansion for his Zulu girlfriend.

Wise-up man. These dudes are thieves!

Frawzey

2 Likes

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by gregg2: 11:00am On Feb 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

You funny die! So in your small
mind, Dickson and Uduaghan are worst
than Achike Udenwa, Tinubu and Ararume
who are chieftains of the new party?

1 Like

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Orikinla(m): 11:01am On Feb 09, 2013
GEJ DEFINITELY IS GOING FOR SECOND TERM AND HE IS PLANNING HOW TO USE HIS POWER OF INCUMBENCY TO WIN BY ALL MEANS POSSIBLE.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 09, 2013
PDP is finished! I mean it's dead. Na only burial dey remain. The burial will be conducted with effect from 2015.

****crying for PDP****
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by talktimi(m): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2013
Old wine, new bottle, same old sh/t. This is why I never take politicians and elections in Nigeria seriously. I bet saint Buhari will be cringing at the thought of 12 rogues in his party. How will he arrest them on corruption charges if he becomes president ? Except you want to tell me their already prepared case files with the efcc will be burnt

1 Like

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by frevangel(m): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ACN/CPC supporters with their deception and delusion! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You have already started the "DEFENCE MECHANISM!" Its in you instinctively, isn't it? I thought you all said PDP (the entire membership) with all their governors are theives and the problem of Nigeria, you are already beginining to eat your words. Now I know for sure who are paid laptop crew!
And before you start pewking, I DON'T BELIEVE IN PDP!

See my post sometime back in another thread:

I am a neutral person. I don't think GEJ or PDP is doing well at all, but I feel ACN/CPC are not different. They are worse if anything.

I laugh when I see people come here and call people who support GEJ/PDP 40 laptop squad etc.

Actually, from a neutral ground (as i have observed for over a year), its the CPC/ACN supporters here on nairaland that are the most gullible folks. They sound more unreasonable to me. More like what they tag people, laptop squad!

They seem not to believe or agree with anything pro-GEJ even when its good, but agree with anything anti-GEJ, true or false, good or bad. They have a 'skewed' explanation for anything ACN/CPC/Fashola/Buhari/ElRufai, good or bad!

It is because of these same folks Nigeria will remain under the rule of PDP for a long time! And I'm sad about it!

Take down pro ACN/CPC usernames and check their comments with pro-ACN policies/comments even when its obviously bad, and check their comments with on pro-PDP/GEJ policies/comment even when its obviously good.

2 Likes

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Gbawe: 11:13am On Feb 09, 2013
Orikinla: GEJ DEFINITELY IS GOING FOR SECOND TERM AND HE IS PLANNING HOW TO USE HIS POWER OF INCUMBENCY TO WIN BY ALL MEANS POSSIBLE.

No problem at all. Nkan to oju ba wa ni oju ma ri. Those vehemently opposed to GEJ that he has treacherously wrong-footed are not clowns either. The hardcore and stone-cold killers are the ones already using Boko Haram to cause problems for GEJ but to lose the moderates like Aliyu and Lamido as well due to treachery and lack of character? That is not a wise path to toe at all. May the best camp in the PDP win.

I notice GEJ fans will curse and abuse perceived opponent and "evil power-grabbing aboki governors" everyday but non of them has had the uprightness of character, on NL, to ever confront the treachery of GEJ vis-a-vis his single term pledge many have a right to feel betrayed by considering they had worked for GEJ believing "one good turn deserves another". The man's treachery was always obvious when he got into office, despite our urgent problems, to be pushing for a 7 year single term for his own office. That was quickly shot down. Let the next set of shenanigans begin. Very enjoyable show coming up.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by OluEmmaAss: 11:13am On Feb 09, 2013
This may spell doom for PDP. EFCC will surely go for them.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by tomakint: 11:15am On Feb 09, 2013
RedBenson: PDP is finished! I mean it's dead. Na only burial dey remain. The burial will be conducted with effect from 2015.

****crying for PDP****
Son, are you still sleeping? You better wake up, its day-time already undecided Come 2015 Jonathan will still win (you can quote me) cool

3 Likes

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by OmoTier1(m): 11:15am On Feb 09, 2013
gregg2:

You funny die! So in your small
mind, Dickson and Uduaghan are worst
than Achike Udenwa, Tinubu and Ararume
who are chieftains of the new party?
any surprise at your reasoning? When your clueless fisherman has misappropriated over $67bn why won't you seen Dickson and Uduaghan as apostle of developments?

Delta receives x3 Edo State allocation in year, yet Edo State is miles ahead of Delta in infrastructure and development, curtsey of ACN under tinubu. Where it not for the scheming prowess of people like tinubu, Edo State would have been languishing and wishing as Delta is doing currently!

Tinubu might not be a saint, butHe prowess in helping to put men of vision in positions that have helped the lives of many cannot be ignored.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by OmoTier1(m): 11:20am On Feb 09, 2013
ayox2003:

Confirmed looters don't get caught. The looting going on in Lagos state alone, could make Nigeria a paradise if used judiciously.

Remember during Awolowo's regime, he said "One man, one plot". But he acquired that largest plots of land in Ibadan. Stop being fooled bro.

Take a cab in Johannesburg and ask who owns chain of houses in there. I was told that a popular ACN governor bought a bleeding expensive mansion for his Zulu girlfriend.

Wise-up man. These dudes are thieves!

Frawzey
Idiots live their lives on rumour mill... I was told.. I heard.. Blah blah.... We can see what the governors under ACN are doing.I continue to use Edo and Ogun State as a case reference. The lives of the people of those States are changing for the better courtesy of better leadership. So get real...ACN will lead the spear arrow that will send PDP looters into oblivion.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by FreeGlobe(f): 11:21am On Feb 09, 2013
This guy @Gbawe always killing threads with his senseless irrelevant long posts. smh grin

5 Likes

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by OmoTier1(m): 11:24am On Feb 09, 2013
fr_evangel:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ACN/CPC supporters with their deception and delusion! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You have already started the "DEFENCE MECHANISM!" Its in you instinctively, isn't it? I thought you all said PDP (the entire membership) with all their governors are theives and the problem of Nigeria, you are already beginining to eat your words. Now I know for sure who are paid laptop crew!
And before you start pewking, I DON'T BELIEVE IN PDP!

See my post sometime back in another thread:

Shut it there.. You are a member of PDP. And FYI, we have always acknowledged on NL the good work Ameachi , Akpabio are doing in their respective states. Are there not PDP governors?
If anything, Nigeria need men who have visions and are people of character who want to build a name for themselves through focused leadership that will bring the best out of Nigeria and Nigerians not a drunken fisherman who's only talent is looting
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by femmy2010(m): 11:26am On Feb 09, 2013
APC should set a leadership standard or party policy of "the populace interest first" which all incoming members know they have to follow or addhere with.
An hitherto corrupt PDP governor or pulic office holder can cross into the APC if he/she can live with the new party's positive leadership standard of placing the populace interest first.
Numbers wins Elections but sticking to promise made keeps leaders in the good book of the people.
Very few of us reading this post aren't corrupt in one way or the other,that doesn't mean we give up on each other .
The way to go is the APC and I urge their leadership to set aside those natural tendencies to be selfish and present candidates that wants to make Nigeria truly great and lower corruption to the bearest minimum.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by najoke: 11:29am On Feb 09, 2013
Billyonaire: 12 PDP Governors 'May' joint[/b] JOIN APC ?

Lets discuss this when they decamp, right now, its only childish to speculate.

^
Dude is [b]join
not joint.....you did this to me on the other thread like you are so perfect,insulting me because of typographical error , i thot u have PHD in English, who is laughing now
BASTAR.D grin grin grin grin grin
Ur fada....always attacking d messenger not d message

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government / Salisu Buhari Appointed Into UNN Governing Council / Ifeanyi Ubah Has Been Released By The DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.