Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] (3328 Views)

Mr. Nairaland Contest 2015 - ELIMINATION ROUND 1 / Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - ELIMINATION ROUND 1 / Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (elimination Round 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 09, 2013
Welcome to the very first round of the Mr Valentine challenge.

12 Guys rose up to this challenge, and have composed a piece from the depths of their emotions to the one that turns their Love Mode on.

We need a Mr Valentine. One, who with his words won the majority over.

Out of the 12, your votes are needed to make sure 8 get into the next round. 4 guys must be eliminated.

Vote a maximum of 8 guys.

Vote wisely.

Voting ends 3:00pm on 10/02/2013 Nigeria time.
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]Foxy_Rebirth's Entry. . . Dedicated to Anonymous.[/size]

Foxy_Rebirth:
One early Morning
Lifting the dark misty veils of the night
From its Pillow of its mountain peak
The sun rose and saw the valley
Filled with the season of love
And the branches of memory have sprouted
Innumerable blossoms of moments past
Unspoken and unheard yearnings
Half asleep and half awake
Looking out sleepily at life
As it flows in wave after wave
Tranquility shedding from its very nature

Yes the very same life
Which encompasses love and desire
Meeting and also parting and a sense
That time is flowing like a river
Whispering as it flows
That the valley is filled with the season of love
And the branches of memories have sprouted
Innumerable blossoms of moments past

Why is the wind singing today
Why is the season raining colours
My heart wonders at what’s going to happen today
Why is there moonlight in the day
Which way is life moving
My mind wonders at what these events are foretelling
Yet the answers deludes my open heart

Now I watch the sun with hope aglowed
Dancing in the embrace of the cloudless sky
I steal a peek at my inner desire
And discovers you all cuddled in warmth
I smile at the future with love
Hiding in the bowels of the unknown
Time ticking with every breath
Drawing nigh the day I’d hold you close

4 Likes

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]Jackbauersballs' Entry... dedicated to Ileke-Idi[/size]

jackbauersballs:
To Ileke-idi

Black beauty from my past,
but I remember you well
Those cute eyes and thick thighs,
yeah I'm digging you still

Now you've got a man
you want to make it work
so you cut me off,
you dont want to talk

You dont pick up
You dont text back
And though it hurts
I respect that

So I let you go
I let you go
I swore I wouldnt follow
God knows I wanna smack that shyt
But I dont want be the one to wreck your bliss

Then last week, I got your call
You saying you miss me
You gave it your all
But now your relationship's empty
You say he caged you,
and he put you down
He made you frown
You say he debased you

You come round
And we make love
Round upon round
Going round and round
Time's a blur
My head's spinning round
Your lips make sounds
Entrancing..I'm love bound

This week you say
You should have never gone away
We should make it work
There's a reason to stay

Then you say
Baby...
Where you taking me
For Valentines day?

Oh wow...
Super play.

Its only been a week
Now I'm your baby?
Because you took the d1ck
You think you're my lady?

I should say no,
I should put my shoes on and go
I dont wanna be a maga
I dont wanna play at your show.

But I love you so
And I wont let you go
So we'll go out
And we'll have fun
And we'll be a couple for a day
if only just one.

I'll be your maga.
I'll pay.
I'll love you
On Valentines day

5 Likes

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]Oahray's Entry. . . Dedicated to his Og.[/size]

Oahray:
My Og...

Writing this instead of saying it feels wrong, I know. But the tormented silence doesn't feel right either. They say the flame of love is not quenched by many waters. I believe it now.
Heartbeats were buried in silence, and eyes have stopped mourning, would any of these words matter now? My head says no, but my heart screams yes. It is with my heart I write this.

This is neither a love poem nor a love letter. No, not empty promises of heaven and earth that were never mine. Not soft whispers of sweet nothing, or promises that have lost their meaning for frequency. It is a public acknowledgement of defeat. I fought against the tide of love... I lost.

So pen in hand I seek a shot at your heart, not as one who deserves it, but as one who craves it. Does it matter to you how much thoughts of you make my day? Or how much I want you to be mine, to brighten my world?
My heart hopefully nods.

Be my queen, my best friend, my valentine, my love; rule my heart.

Somewhere in it... my heart, your throne lies empty.
Come home sweetheart.

Love,
Ray.

10 Likes

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]Gregtochi's Entries. . . Dedicated to Anonymous.[/size]

gregtochi: As the rose blossoms in d midst of torns, so does my love for u.as d apple tree among d trees of d wood,so is my affection 4 u among d daughters of Eve.
How beautiful u are my queen!Ur neck is like d tower of Ivory. Ur breasts like a twin gazelle; a cluster of grapes. Ur lips drops as d honeycomb, honey and milk are under ur tongue. D roof of ur mouth is like d best wine dat goes down smoothly.
Keep 4rm staring @ me! 4 ur eyes are like a blaziing sun for my heart.
U are beautiful my love, a masterpiece of d maker!.
gregtochi: On my bed I tossed, reminiscing d time we shared. The sweet memories of yesteryears.when we guessed @ d moon 4 hours on end, locked in each others embrace, with tongues entangled in kisses
It was a time I wishe wud never go away, 4 u gave meaning to my life; a reason to live. U were my beath and my sight;d joy of my soul.
It hurts 2 see u go; a shattered dream gone with my heartbeat. We are now pines like pines dat kiss d air only.

1 Like

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]Jovie50's Entry. . . Dedicated to Blessing John.[/size]

jovie50:
A MATHEMATICS LOVE LETTER to my Dear Love, BLESSING JOHN.

>I recalled last 6 months, I was passing by your rectangular house in trigonometric lane.

>There I saw you with
your cute circular face, conical nose and spherical eyes, standing in your
triangular garden.

>Before seeing you,
my heart was a null
set, but when a vector of magnitude (likeness) from your
eyes at a deviation of theta radians, made a
tangent to my heart, and it differentiated.

>But now, My love for you is a quadratic equation with real
roots, which only you can solve by making
good binary relation
with me. The cosine of my love for you
extends to infinity.

>I promise that I would not resolve you into partial fractions, but if I do so, you can integrate me by applying the limits from zero to infinity.

>You are as essential to me as an element of a set. The geometry of my life revolves around your acute
personality.

>My love, do meet me at parabola restaurant on date FEB-14-2013
at sunset, when the sun is making an angle of 160 degrees,
cos it would make my heart be like a solved polynomial of degree 10.

>With love from your
higher order derivatives of maximal and minimal, of an unknown function.

Yours ever loving
JOHN OVIE
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]Eze Promoe's Entry. Dedicated to Smartie gurl.
[/size]

Eze Promoe:

Hey Smartie!

Happy Valentine's Day in advance.

I know you saying oh my God
I'm going to kill Promoe for doing all this!

This is one of the piece to your valentine's day gifts, the only one you didn't see coming smiley.
I figured the best way to show you how I truly feel, and I thought it wise to spill my guts on this piece of writing, and dam it took me a while to get this right.

Besides i cant contain these incredibly intense feelings I have inside for you, and so I must tell you everything in this letter.
Ahhh i can't help but think about the first time i really took an interest in you..
In NL Romance Section..

I know romantic right? it was epic though stayed all day long just posting, it was awesome.. Hehe. Anyways that's when i first felt a pretty good connection with you and everything seemed to blossom after that night.
Then you came to my house to watch that horrible movie but our connection became even stronger anyway. The second time we had our first kiss and my feelings sky rocketed and i began to gain even more feelings for you quickly, I realized this once you left and I didn't want you to leave at all.

I started to care about you right then and there. Since then our friendship turned into a relationship, the best relationship of my life. Every time i was with you, i was constantly laughing and had this natural good chemistry with you which I've never felt with anyone before. That natural chemistry was the reason I kept pursuing you, I just had to have you in my life. As time went on my feelings became more and more intense because you were making my life so much better than what it used to be. I really fell in love with you, i finally felt complete.

Each time we got together it was so much fun, and when you would leave i felt this pain like i couldn't be without you, always feeling like i want to spend every possible moment with you. When you would leave i would just keeping thinking about us and how much i love you.

I love how we could spend hours talking, laying together, playing videogames and just doing nothing and never get bored of each other. I love how at times we can be playful, goofy, stupid, and then all of sudden be serious and passionate about one another. Like when we stare into each other's eyes for a period of time, what an amazing feeling. These feelings are so intense that i just had to sit and write down everything for you to show my true love for you. You are such an amazing person and i feel like the worlds luckiest guy because I have you.

Honestly i don't know what i would do without you in my life. I think of you all the time, i can't get over how beautiful you are. Your smile, your eyes, your long hair, and that camera tattoo giggity!. wink Just i love everything about you, so lucky i have you. I want you to stash this letter away in a special place. I want you to always have it, to remind you how much i love and care for you. Also I want you to be able to look back and remember how it all started. No matter what comes our way I want you to be able to take this letter out and say hey remember this babe...

I love you forever and always

Your Man,
Promoe wink

10 Likes

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]190's Entry. . . Dedicated to Anonymous. [/size]

190: Before I met you,
I thought I was happy,
and I was,
but I had never known
the rich contentment,
deep satisfaction,
and total fulfillment
you brought to me
when you came into my life.
My Life has always been empty
Just Before i staggered and lifed my eyes to the sky and there you were,
I could feel a lot of things running through my veins,
good things that i had always imagined,
and dreamt of but i had never experienced
the indescribably intense
feelings I have for you.
Before I met you,
I thought I knew myself,
and I did,
but you looked deep inside me
and found fresh new things
for us to share.
Before I met you,
I thought I knew about love,
but I didn’t,
until I met you.

6 Likes

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]Ichidodo's Entry. . . Dedicated to Chamillion.[/size]
ichidodo: Chamillion, most guys find it difficult to express themselves to a lady as intelligient,kind and knowledgeable as u. Am no different,please direct ure fair gaze and dont look unkindly towards me. I who thirst for the wisdom u pour forth. I who scamper about and grovel for a taste of ure sweet personality. Chamillion, u dont need to know me, hell, u even might not get to see this but allow this heart strickened wit anguish to feel what it once was like to be in-love. In-love at the world wit a young heart of innocence away from the prejudices,recriminations and taboo that accompanies old-age. What it was once like to be alive, to be free, to be happy. I leave u wit a poem by nezahuapili,a monarch in the ancient aztec civilisation in the heart of the One World :".....Like a bright bouquet of flowers,our radiant god,our glowing god, the Sun thrusts himself into a vase of richest jewels and the day is done" Now imagine the sun being a she and that she was u....... Good nite my dear.

1 Like

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]Viruz007's Entry. . . Dedicated to Anonymous.
[/size]

viruz007: Life is cruel, life is wicked, life is for the strong. this are the conceptions I grew ip to believe in. Conceptikns that defined my everyday living up until the moment I set eyes on you.

all of a sudden I became goofy, words I formed expertly could not be formed again has you caused a chemical imbalance in my brain and emotion department.

since the day that I met you, spoke to you, asked you out and you accepted, my outlook on life has changed. I feel I can bare the hurricanes of life because I know your there to back me up, life is not so wicked anymore but rather tis filled with joy cuz of you.

I look into your eyes and know I am home, I kiss your lips and I know am a few doors away from heaven, your voice heals me when am down. Your God's gift to me and as such I placed in you in my heart at a level 1 floor down from where God is in my heart. That's how much you are to me.

I Love you dear...

xoxoxo
Viruz

2 Likes

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]Mynd_44's Entry. . . Dedicated to the Dragon Lady. [/size]

Mynd_44: To the Dragon Lady
[b]I ran…….
Ran away from life
Away from everything sane
And away from the light.

In my fear and hope of keeping my fragile heart safe, I decided to keep it free of everything else therefore I chose not to allow anyone in. I built walls of concrete and erected watch towers to make sure nothing gets through. I chose to keep to myself and showed the me alone part.
I never smiled

I never reciprocated feelings
I killed myself inside
And hid my seemingly weaker part inside

The emotions might well up but I always chose to ignore the fact that I was surrounded with the normal helped me in my belief and myth that I was immune. That I was inoculated against what I feared the most. What I avoided the most and what I wished would not happen until I was caught in your path

Hair as black as coal
Lips red as the wild roses
Eyes blue as the clear skies
Perfection

I was drawn to you the moment I read your posts. The moment I read your views I knew I was in trouble and even though my heart tried to deny it, something told me it would not be easy. I tried not following you so as not to see you intelligence manifest but who was I kidding/

Two things which can’t be hidden
Deep emotions
and A cough
I found myself falling into your light
And me drawn into your path
I found all my beliefs agreeing with yours
And I longed for more

I hoped to say hello but resisted, I tried to bring myself to admit that I was crashing to my face but it was too much to admit. Life does not always work in our favour and I am an evidence of that and so I chose to sit it out in the hope that it will pass but I lied to myself as the more I evaded my feelings, the more it grew.

A time out I needed
And exile I went
I vented in my diary
And ranted in my fights
I kept it hidden

And yet I knew It would show. Cos even in the context of me hiding from you, I was hiding from myself. I was denying what I was, am and will always be. I belong to you and nothing can change that. I want your touch and that is a fact. I look forward to your posts like the desert floor looks to the sky for rain
You are the first

The only
The start to which I see no end
My heart beats and longs for you
And my feet walk towards you daily
Though all these sound silly

And even though my head feels fuzzy, I just hope I can compile this right cos I had my face smacked into the asphalt right now. I have had my breathe taken away. My falls fell without you moving for them and my life calling for you without you looking at me.

Oh the pains of faraway admiration
The displeasure of falling
Falling into a black hole
And having nothing to hold on to
No one to call out to
As the darkness takes me
And blinds me

I am ready to step outta the shadows and take this bold move. To depart from my cowardice and be a brave heart that I am………

Please be mine.
If for no reason at all
to save this heart from being snuffed out
To save this heart from dying again.
To help me see better

I can’t run from the dragon lady
She owns me
She has my heart
My life
And soul[/b]

MYND_44

9 Likes

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]Beylinko's entry. . . Dedicated to his Dearie. [/size]

beylinko: Dear dearie.
I am sick again and it is only you that can heal the pains. I'm sick for your love and it's driving me insane. The more i look, the less i undastand. The more i stand the more i sink in the ground. I seek ur balm to soothe my arm, i streched my arm pls remove the pang.
Babe, i can no longer bottle my feelings. I have to let it out orelse i'll explode and hit the cellings. Don't say i am at it again wen u hit me each day with pains and it's killing with ache! They say nothing good comes without a price but how long will i have to win ur prize. If this a test, i promise not to rest until i comeout the best.
Yes, I may nt know how to love u the way u want bt i know how to hug u and ease ur wants. You are all i want, dear. If i can do nothing 4 u just let me be d shoulder to lean on when you cry, a hand dat will lift you up when u fall, d smile that will melt the ice in your eyes, the ear that will hear ur fear and the strength that will guild ur rear.
You might as well want o know that I think abt u more than i think abt mysev, i pray for u more than i pray for myself and i love you just lyk i love life itself. Allow this shower of love that drizzles, fizzle our niggly emotions. Let me kindle ur feeble and sickly emotions. My love for you is deeper than the oceans. Hope you undastand my lengthy notion.
PS: Don't mind my handwritting, my secretary refused to type because she felt i'm going crazy.
It's from me,
Abey.

1 Like

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
[size=18pt]Dharkchild's Entry. . . Dedicated to AmBeautiful.

[/size]

dharkchild: A love poem to AmBeautiful

Thought we were Two, but I was alone
On this sudden and lonely journey of life
Light they say is at the end of the tunnel
But I doubt my tunnel would ever end
I have toured this road long enough
Darkness incomprehensible
Worthless life

This is hell, where I spend my eternity
Silence… nostalgic… where did I miss it?
A glow of brightness
Voice of an angel
Touch of life
Dharkchild dear, I just turned to wave my friends goodbye

Then a deep reflection
What an epiphany
Your crafted smiles was my light
The brightness on your face was the my heavens
A proof to biblical laws
A minute turn of your back on me and ‘m in eternal darkness

Life is an irony, never ceases to amaze me
You are my tunnel and u are my light
Stay bright for me and never leave me
Cos I am stuck in the awe of you
For your light is my life

2 Likes

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 09, 2013
Any form of nuisance or attempts to derail on this thread will be severely dealt with. If you have nothing worthwhile to say, move to the next thread. If you don't like the thread, choose from the over 1 million other threads.

If you derail this one, your ban shall be severe in Jesus name.

If you feel you wanna criticize for any reason, use the "complaints thread" or send the mods a PM. If you criticize on this thread, your ban is sure. . . Amen.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
waoh! Boyz are not dulling! i'll be back to cast my vote. Lemme re-read and re-digest and modify my post by casting my vote!
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by UjSizzle(f): 3:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
how many votes?

Mynd
Oahray
JackBauersBall(crazy stuff but really nice)
Foxyrebirth.

If i've overdone it, start cutting from the bottom grin
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by 190: 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2013
Nice one lad's hope I've bin able 2contribute my lil quota in my own lil way
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Sabretooth1(m): 3:10pm On Feb 09, 2013
Valentine poems? I see only shallow lines. No offense. How can you ask girls out with these? Only a few of them kept theirs real.

My votes coming up.
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by baibijayyahoo(f): 3:12pm On Feb 09, 2013
with no sentiments, i give my vote to mynd, and 190!
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by 190: 3:12pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sabre-tooth:
Valentine poems? I see only shallow lines. No offense. How can you ask girls out with these? Only a few of them kept theirs real.

Its just some lines biko
For the fun of it
This isn't woo-ing a girl if not, I'l be at the top of it

But wait oh is poetry same thing as woo-ing lines
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by UjSizzle(f): 3:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sabre-tooth:

My votes coming up.
who says anyone is asking anyone out? Oya write na
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Sabretooth1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
190:

Its just some lines biko
For the fun of it
This isn't woo-ing a girl if not, I'l be at the top of it

But wait oh is poetry same thing as woo-ing lines
wooing is simply trying to gain the affection of a lady. So this qualifies as wooing since you want her val affection.. Poetry is a nice tool, for a skilled user. I like your lines though. Simple and to the point.
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Sabretooth1(m): 3:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
uj_sizzle:
who says anyone is asking anyone out? Oya write na
Isn't it a val thing? Asking out and asking out for val, 6 and half a dozen.
I'm just a passer by, not a contestant. Let me cast my votes.

@op how many votes can we cast?
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by greedie1(f): 3:28pm On Feb 09, 2013
i vote for MYND JACKBAUERSBALL and OAHRAY

and 190 too. his piece is lovely.
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by 190: 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sabre-tooth:
wooing is simply trying to gain the affection of a lady. So this qualifies as wooing since you want her val affection.. Poetry is a nice tool, for a skilled user. I like your lines though. Simple and to the point.

Ehen OK

Mine doesn't matter- but cast the votes
On my gurl flytefallz on d feminine part of this

Plz don't forget grin
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by luvmijeje(f): 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2013
My top 8 in no particular order:
Jackbauersball-Ha!
Oahray-Beautiful!
Gregtochi-Hmmm
Jovie50-Loool
190-Can't believe my eyes
Virus 007-Beautiful!
Mynd_44-Still stun!
Dharkchild-Beautiful!
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Bluesparkles(f): 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2013
@oahray, who is Og? angry
@topic, would vote as soon as I'm done reading them all.
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by beylinko(m): 4:57pm On Feb 09, 2013
1 like,nt bad. I'll keep mute 4 now
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
190:

Ehen OK

Mine doesn't matter- but cast the votes
On my gurl flytefallz on d feminine part of this

Plz don't forget grin
Oi, nice lines! Very real cheesy cheesy

I'm voting Oahray. Because after trying to write a poem,this (as well as 190's) words are so grounded it is like air.
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Idowuogbo(f): 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2013
Bluesparkles: @oahray, who is Og? angry
@topic, would vote as soon as I'm done reading them all.
Yes Ray! Who is d OG? wink
Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 09, 2013
tongue

1 Like

Re: The Mr Valentine Challenge [Round 1] by 190: 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2013
Flytefalls:
Oi, nice lines! Very real cheesy cheesy

I'm voting Oahray. Because after trying to write a poem,this (as well as 190's) words are so grounded it is like air.

cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things Never To Share With Your Boyfriend / Dilemma: She's Hot as hell, crazy on bed, rich, older but she wants us married.. / Is It A Man's World ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.