Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (659259 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tundedaluja: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
@ogakpatakpata. God bless all d contributors in d house, i am a silent reader in ds gr8 forum, ds is my question, wt if i dnt want to look 4 work in UAE nd i want to engage in little biz wit my money, can i arrange 4 residence permit myself? thnx
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by dammy1985: 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
The wise ones... Happy sunday and independence. I get scared when I read everyday that whoever that is coming to dubai should prepare very well. The advise that the person should have up to $2,000 for BTA, the job is competitive etc. I was like at the end if "a son of man" should spend heavily on the trip and fail to secure a job na em be say na gbege/gobe. A TRUSTED FRIEND OF MINE THAT RESIDES IN UAE SAID THAT THERE JOBS LIKE HOUSE KEEPING I CAN GET WITH 250K(EMPLOYMENT VISA). HE SAID THE MINIMUM PAY IS AED1,000 & U MUST SIGN A YEAR CONTRACT. THE QUESTION IS: SHOULD I GO FOR IT? I WANT OPINIONS. OR, SHOULD I GO BY FAITH WITH TOURIST VISA? Or, should I use my money to be trading pure Gold in nigeria. What is the cheapest means of sending it across to nigeria. How much are they selling 18k & 21k pure gold in dubai? Not plated gold... I just need your help. Tanx

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by surecan: 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
please have any one used Qatar airways recently, how is the aircraft
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by dammy1985: 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
I want to believe that this tred is set up for the success. I commend all the countributors. I have been duped many time. I am yet to recover from the last one by a pastor. I think it is a must for me to know what i am doing now with my age. IS THERE ANYONE THAT HAS PEOPLE DEALING IN PURE GOLD. HOW DO THEY DO IT WITHOUT TRAVELING OUT? I AM AWARE OF FAKE DEALERS IN DUBAI. Pls, help me...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by jerrymania(m): 4:36am On Dec 02, 2013
@ogakpatakpata

I've been having a run in with one said agent on facebook. he is advertising what he called free zone visa and i've been trying to put him down. well i told him to explain what he meant and this is what he wrote on the page

Types of employment visas in Dubai.There are two types of employment visa in UAE viz; The labour visa and The free zone visa.The labour visa is the type of visa given to those who came to Dubai to look for the Job themselves with their tourist visa. The job given if they re lucky is a labour job. Here your employer collects your passport and you do not have the right to leave the country or quit your job until you ve completed the terms of agreement which is in two years. If you quit the job the ministry of labour will issue a one year ban and with this ban you cant work anywhere in dubai.The free zone visa (which is what i do for people) is given through an arranged employment. The applicant sponsors himself by paying for his two years working visa and flight(unlike the labour). Your credentails will be sent to different companies and the company that their requirements are met will send their employment letter which comes with visa invitation. Your job is secured before you leave Nigeria. When you get there the employer takes care of your accommodation for free. With this kind of visa , you can leave dubai any time maybe for a better offer in another country or even quit your job for a better one. No one can collect your pasaport if you remain clean. Any other question?

Since you guys are in the know, tell me if this dude is a scam so i can label him as such!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 4:43am On Dec 02, 2013
tundedaluja: @ogakpatakpata. God bless all d contributors in d house, i am a silent reader in ds gr8 forum, ds is my question, wt if i dnt want to look 4 work in UAE nd i want to engage in little biz wit my money, can i arrange 4 residence permit myself? thnx

Yes you can get your own residence permit and go about your businesses because thats what most people here do.

Residency in dubai work within a system of sponsorship.

Dubai or UAE residency is temporary and normally valid for three (3) years but may be renewed. The visa is stamped on the face of your passport.

Assuming your UAE residency visa is not expiring within the next six (6) months, you can stay outside of the UAE for at most six months and return on the same visa. Staying outside of the UAE for more than six months at a time automatically invalidates your UAE residency.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 4:44am On Dec 02, 2013
dammy1985: The wise ones... Happy sunday and independence. I get scared when I read everyday that whoever that is coming to dubai should prepare very well. The advise that the person should have up to $2,000 for BTA, the job is competitive etc. I was like at the end if "a son of man" should spend heavily on the trip and fail to secure a job na em be say na gbege/gobe. A TRUSTED FRIEND OF MINE THAT RESIDES IN UAE SAID THAT THERE JOBS LIKE HOUSE KEEPING I CAN GET WITH 250K(EMPLOYMENT VISA). HE SAID THE MINIMUM PAY IS AED1,000 & U MUST SIGN A YEAR CONTRACT. THE QUESTION IS: SHOULD I GO FOR IT? I WANT OPINIONS. OR, SHOULD I GO BY FAITH WITH TOURIST VISA? Or, should I use my money to be trading pure Gold in nigeria. What is the cheapest means of sending it across to nigeria. How much are they selling 18k & 21k pure gold in dubai? Not plated gold... I just need your help. Tanx

We just want to make you are welll prepared before coming.

Coming with a tourist visa will be preferable if you ask me because you arent sure of that your friend and dont be too trusty until you have arrived here in the UAE, most people especially guys have been duped and scammed of their hard earned money.

It is better you come by yourself and if eventually you dont get a job before the expiration of your visa then you would know you have tried then releasing your hard earned money and hoping you get positive feedback from your friend. And at the end it boils down to regrets.

Gold prices are not fixed, it goes up and down depending on the dollar rate at that particular time so there is no fixed price for it.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 4:44am On Dec 02, 2013
surecan: please have any one used Qatar airways recently, how is the aircraft

Qatar airways is nice like Etihad airways so there is nothing to be scared or worried about.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 4:47am On Dec 02, 2013
jerrymania: @ogakpatakpata

I've been having a run in with one said agent on facebook. he is advertising what he called free zone visa and i've been trying to put him down. well i told him to explain what he meant and this is what he wrote on the page

Since you guys are in the know, tell me if this dude is a scam so i can label him as such!

Someone you dont know from Adam. Why do you think he is not preparing to scam you.

Try not to believe all those lies about arranged employment and all onky for you to come here and realise you have been duped and stranded.

Just be wise.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 02, 2013
tundedaluja: @ogakpatakpata. God bless all d contributors in d house, i am a silent reader in ds gr8 forum, ds is my question, wt if i dnt want to look 4 work in UAE nd i want to engage in little biz wit my money, can i arrange 4 residence permit myself? thnx

Yes, you can arrange for residence & work permit yourself,but, it will be sponsored by a company that has an LLC (limited liability licence), but, be prepared to spend because any company that agrees to do that for you will charge you heavily since you will not be working for them, it can be as low as 8,000AED or it might go up to 10,000,12,000, 15,000AED or even more,the residency could be either 2 or 3yrs and you will also go through all the medical processes to qualify for it and the medicals must be negative.

Notice: a quick addition to the residency issue, base on what l have seen with some of my friends and business associates here in the UAE, l will recommend that when you eventually arrive and choose to do it, tell the company/firm/organisation that you prefer the one that will enable you bring either your wife or family member, all the resident permit are not the same, that to me is the best and hence it is expensive. Enjoy your day.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by jerrymania(m): 4:51am On Dec 02, 2013
justi4jesu:

Someone you dont know from Adam. Why do you think he is not preparing to scam you.

Try not to believe all those lies about arranged employment and all onky for you to come here and realise you have been duped and stranded.

Just be wise.

No no no i'm too "old" to fall for that Now! i was actually the dude that exposed Qatar 5 years scam on this board some years back.

I just want your view on that. I need to reply him so i would want to use your explanation as a vantage point.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:54am On Dec 02, 2013
dammy1985: I want to believe that this tred is set up for the success. I commend all the countributors. I have been duped many time. I am yet to recover from the last one by a pastor. I think it is a must for me to know what i am doing now with my age. IS THERE ANYONE THAT HAS PEOPLE DEALING IN PURE GOLD. HOW DO THEY DO IT WITHOUT TRAVELING OUT? I AM AWARE OF FAKE DEALERS IN DUBAI. Pls, help me...

This question will be best answered by you when you arrive and meet with the manufacturers & dealers, well, mind you there is corruption all over the world, anywhere you see humans, then there will be the good,bad and the ugly, l want to believe you are in that kind of business, if yes, then whoever you buy or transact that business with in the UAE, you should be smart enough to enter a written undertaking with him/her and if anything goes wrong you can invite the police to resolve the issue, the UAE is an organized society and the police knows how to deal and resolve issues like that.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 02, 2013
jerrymania: @ogakpatakpata

Be careful of the so called direct employment visa, (whether freezone or labour), many are cloned and fake, it is better you arrive and get the employment visa yourself through any company that agrees to employ you.The dangers inherent in the so called direct employment visa been sent to you is that:

1. You are not part of the negotiation

2. Your salary will not be printed on the employment visa

3. some companies/organisations are not sincere, they might like to short change you when you arrive, even though, you may have agree with them on phone/skype or video conference.

4. Direct employment visa does not equals a fantastic offer (whether labour or freezone)

5. Any direct employment visa that you are kept in the dark all through the negotiation, will amount to pain and regret when you eventually arrive

6. It is when you arrive to sign your offer letter that the whole truth about the so called contract will be unfolded to you.

7. ln my personal opinion, l will not encourage the direct employment visa been sent to you in your home country without proper contractual agreement been signed & sealed by you and your employers,( if possible the offer letter should also be signed by you and your employers), so that if anything goes wrong, you can go to the ministry of labour and complain, once you have a signed offer letter, any company that defaults will be sanctioned heavily be the UAE government.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:02am On Dec 02, 2013
dammy1985: The wise ones... Happy sunday and independence. I get scared when I read everyday that whoever that is coming to dubai should prepare very well. The advise that the person should have up to $2,000 for BTA, the job is competitive etc. I was like at the end if "a son of man" should spend heavily on the trip and fail to secure a job na em be say na gbege/gobe. A TRUSTED FRIEND OF MINE THAT RESIDES IN UAE SAID THAT THERE JOBS LIKE HOUSE KEEPING I CAN GET WITH 250K(EMPLOYMENT VISA). HE SAID THE MINIMUM PAY IS AED1,000 & U MUST SIGN A YEAR CONTRACT. THE QUESTION IS: SHOULD I GO FOR IT? I WANT OPINIONS. OR, SHOULD I GO BY FAITH WITH TOURIST VISA? Or, should I use my money to be trading pure Gold in nigeria. What is the cheapest means of sending it across to nigeria. How much are they selling 18k & 21k pure gold in dubai? Not plated gold... I just need your help. Tanx

1. It is better you arrive and search for job yourself.

2. Arrive with a tourist/visit visa (extendable one).

3. The cheapest means might be through either air cargo or you might buy other goods and share a container with other importers 2,3 or 4people can share a container (popularly called group-age).

4. Prices depend on market forces, exchange rate and the value of gold in the world market.

5. As far as l can recall, all the forumites l met one-on-one who arrived here with $2000 and above all got jobs, l dont want to mention names here for privacy/confidentiality sake, many are reading this thread and they are also active members.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:03am On Dec 02, 2013
jerrymania:

No no no i'm too "old" to fall for that Now! i was actually the dude that exposed Qatar 5 years scam on this board some years back.

I just want your view on that. I need to reply him so i would want to use your explanation as a vantage point.

Okay thats good to know you have been well informed and wont fall for his pranks.

Just tell him its not possible to get a direct employment from him except from a company that employs you.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by jerrymania(m): 5:08am On Dec 02, 2013
ogakpatakpata: .

Be careful of the so called direct employment visa, (whether freezone or labour), many are clone and fake, it is better you arrive and get the employment visa yourself through any company that agrees to employ you.

Ok thanks. I'll reply him with exactly this smiley

justi4jesu:

Okay thats good to know you have been well informed and wont fall for his pranks.

Just tell him its not possible to get a direct employment from him except from a company that employs you.

and i'll add this quote to it. Thanks.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 02, 2013
surecan: please have any one used Qatar airways recently, how is the aircraft

Qatar airways is fantastic, a family friend used it recently to the US, they are just like Etihad & Emirates airlines.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by surecan: 6:19am On Dec 02, 2013

Qatar airways is fantastic, a family friend used it recently to the US, they are just like Etihad & Emirates airlines.

thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 02, 2013
surecan:

thanks

You are welcome always.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by surecan: 6:30am On Dec 02, 2013

You are welcome always.

Fear just the catch me because of their little incidence last year at Muritala
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nodawa(m): 6:33am On Dec 02, 2013
samee72: @henri my bro i'm fine o, happy new month to you too and to all members of this house, igwe, justi, happy new month and @monchou and Nodawa i pray this month will bring with it good news for you concerning your job search and to all the other members have a great month ahead

Amen and Amen
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:34am On Dec 02, 2013
jerrymania:

You are welcome.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 02, 2013
surecan:

Fear just the catch me because of their little incidence last year at Muritala

Relax and fear not, safety is in the hands of the "' ALMIGHTY GOD ""; "' ONLY HIM CAN GUARANTEE SAFETY "", go and buy your ticket, board your flight, have some fun on board, listen to music and enjoy your trip. Goodluck and wish you safe trip.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 02, 2013
For those that sent me private e-mails in my inbox concerning cargo business/cargo boys:

l have received tons of e-mail as regard those who intend to come to the UAE to work as cargo boys, since l dont do PM nor e-mails from this thread, let me answer here openly for the benefit of those who might not know what cargo business is all about, here is my honest opinion about cargo business/cargo boys:

1. We have sincere Nigerians and other nationalities from different part of the globe in the UAE who have registered freight/cargo business in the UAE.

2. Some of them have workers whom they employed, and who also have work & residence permit.

3. We also have a group of boys in deira who work as cargo boys, what they do basically is to help/assist you go round the market to buy your goods and also help you take it to the cargo companies at an agreed fee between you and them.

4. Cargo boys that have their legal papers have nothing to fear.

5. Cargo boys that are illegal have so many fears to contend with daily

6. The UAE police are well trained and are professionals to the core and hence they hardly intimidate nor arrest indiscriminately.

7. When you as a cargo boy have no papers (work & residence permit), you are putting yourself in a risky position because when the police raid or arrest you while doing your cargo business, you will face arrest+ brief detention+ fine in some cases depending on how long you have been illegal in the UAE + deportation + been banned outrightly from entering the UAE.

8. Do cargo boys make money, yes and no, it depends on the influx of buyers into the market and how smart you are in getting so many clients

9. Sometimes, you can stay as a cargo boy for months without any serious income because your survival depends on the number of patronage you get daily, weekly and monthly.

10. Dont let any agent/friend/family member deceive you that he will offer you a job as a cargo boy.

Goodluck.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tundedaluja: 7:38am On Dec 02, 2013
Thank you so much justi, just what i need to know,may the good lord continue to guid you in all your endeavour.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2013
jerrymania:

You are welcome.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tundedaluja: 7:51am On Dec 02, 2013
Thank you @ Oga; i really appreciate ur kindness in this forum, U and Justi always give accurate leading infos anytime people ask questions, God bless U and all d contributors here. will d renewal of d residence be sponsored again after d expiratio
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 02, 2013
tundedaluja: Thank you @ Oga; i really appreciate ur kindness in this forum, U and Justi always give accurate leading infos anytime people ask questions, God bless U and all d contributors here. will d renewal of d residence be sponsored again after d expiratio

Yes, the same company/firm/organisation that sponsors your residence will also re-new/extend it for you on expiration,but, subject to another round of medicals before been issued again by the UAE immigration.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by PHILINDUKWE: 8:26am On Dec 02, 2013
@ oga if someone get an offer or appointment in UAE and was given a returning visa by the company is the air ticket fees among?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 02, 2013
PHILINDUKWE: @ oga if someone get an offer or appointment in UAE and was given a returning visa by the company is the air ticket fees among?

l dont understand your question very well?...........what do you mean by returning visa?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by PHILINDUKWE: 8:54am On Dec 02, 2013
@ oga, I mean if apply online and the job was given. As they issue me visa to come over and start work are they going to pay for air ticket as well pls check you pm box i send you pm
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 02, 2013
PHILINDUKWE: @ oga, I mean if apply online and the job was given. As they issue me visa to come over and start work are they going to pay for air ticket as well pls check you pm box i send you pm

Yes and No, some companies/firm and organisation will send you ticket to come to the UAE, while others will only send you the employment visa and you arrange for ticket yourself.Basically, it depends on the company.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.