Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,107 members, 7,957,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:56 AM

Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' (1333 Views)

Ndigbo Have No Regrets Voting Against Buhari, Says Ohaneze-the Guardian / Ndigbo Have No Right To Complain Now / Does Ndigbo Have A Future With The Reasoning Of Igbo Youths Of Today?part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by Ikengawo: 11:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
In reality, no tribe in Nigeria has leaders, it's only Ndigbo that can admit it though in our thinking we have to be like everyone else many of us trying to bring one about by force with no avail.

The reason is because the elite class in Nigeria, as is everything in this country is rotten. I'm glad that no one man can selling our fortune down the gutter the way the northern 'leaders' do unopposed because they have a ridiculous mandate from unreasonable, and usually undeserved sources like your ancestor came from the sky or your great great grandfather was a jihadist. People like Rochas try to impose themselves as a 'leader' but im glad to see that igbos can reject him after seeing how fraudulent he is. If it were another tribe we would be stuck having to claim the guy, like Tinubu for the Yorubas. I want the igbo nation to remain leaderless, we're not followers.
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by Rhino5dm: 12:05am On Feb 10, 2013
The late Ojukwu was what? . . .You need to see the shrink.

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by takedat(m): 12:23am On Feb 10, 2013
Igbos, bunch of wussy whiners!

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by manny4life(m): 12:24am On Feb 10, 2013
take dat: Igbos, bunch of wussy whiners!

You guys can't seem to get past anything "Igbos", yall continue, HBP is around the corner..

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by takedat(m): 12:42am On Feb 10, 2013
manny4life:

You guys can't seem to get past anything "Igbos", yall continue, HBP is around the corner..
The reverse is the case here, your brother was contrasting Igbos with others. You guys should go on feeling like smug pricks when others see you as dregs!

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by Nightshift(m): 1:01am On Feb 10, 2013
Ndigbo are republican in nature. Igbo enwe eze bu ilu mgbe gbo gbo. Onye si na o bu asi, ya je rie nsi!! Unu aghotala?

3 Likes

Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by EkoIle1: 1:02am On Feb 10, 2013
Another ibo pity and low self esteem thread.

@ OP. In the absence of leadership and wisdom, you are rendered aimless, you degenerate into a society with no respect and value for human life, you kidnap and kiill yourselves for money, you engage in ibo on ibo criminal extortion and racketeering while hiding under some under some nonsense called masob taxation.

A society without leadership is a dog eat dog society with no human dignity and respect for the next man...

Smh....

5 Likes

Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by manny4life(m): 1:14am On Feb 10, 2013
take dat: The reverse is the case here, your brother was contrasting Igbos to others. You guys love feeling like smug pricks when others see you as dregs!

Well, carry on with your problem, I got no qualms with it... Just saying it like I see it. If Igbos are giving yall sleepless nights, continue.
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by GARRIx7(m): 1:43am On Feb 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Nice Question!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by kunlekunle: 3:03am On Feb 10, 2013
were the 3 million offered to aro chukwu just like the 50 in the river 2 weeks back?
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by CyberG: 4:30am On Feb 10, 2013
If ibos have no leaders, do not believe in leadership, WHY do iboz clamour to be voted for as president? I mean, NOW, all parts of Nigeria know that no ibo is cut out for leadership, so NO NEED for them to bother to even look your way if ibos campaign for eternity. Maybe this is why Ijaws now easily trump the iboz? In any case if iboz have no leaders, does it mean ojuku was and is no longer ibo leader? So, at least we can agree ojuku was a follower? Abeg clarify which version of your many stories we should believe.
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by FreeGlobe(f): 6:03am On Feb 10, 2013
Eko Ile: Another ibo pity and low self esteem thread.

@ OP. In the absence of leadership and wisdom, you are rendered aimless, you degenerate into a society with no respect and value for human life, you kidnap and kiill yourselves for money, you engage in ibo on ibo criminal extortion and racketeering while hiding under some under some nonsense called masob taxation.

A society without leadership is a dog eat dog society with no human dignity and respect for the next man...

Smh....

Nairaland for dummies. And 2 nitwits liked this senseless post wtf!!!! I see you must post something but when your leader is a notorious thief, tinubu aka Tinubu or a convicted felon Awolowo I expect nothing sensible from you.
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by FreeGlobe(f): 6:05am On Feb 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Igbos have no political leader. Get that.
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by Ikengawo: 6:21am On Feb 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Ojukwu was the leader of Biafra during the Biafran war, and is respected for his leadership and courage, but every igbo man woman and child is and was free to disagree with him, nor did he even attest to speaking for igbos after the war. He represented his self and his legacy.
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 10, 2013

Smh....
You misunderstood the OP. . .
Igbos have leaders and leadership not dictators, rulers or kings who controls the wishes and actions of the people.
The only leader the igbos have had was Ojukwu and his leadership ended with the war.
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by Ikengawo: 6:29am On Feb 10, 2013

Smh....

LOL so which one of these men has given the Yorubas (whom i predicted would be the most concerned about this thread) 'aim'?

[img]http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/c6f/515/c6f51519-3a4a-4e4d-bbea-15b5f0cfdd63[/img]

awka leaders? followers nko?
lol
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by achi4u(m): 7:59am On Feb 10, 2013
@OP those none Igbos' won't understand what you mean.

We are free to decide our future and to question any of our leader(s) who goes contrary to our wish and demand.

who even born them?
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by ba7man(m): 8:32am On Feb 10, 2013
Hierachy is the foundation of every Corporate organization, Country and gathering of people to acheive a common purpose. Every assembly of people need a leader....Eg A Family, A Church, A business Organization, A Country, A Football Team....Heck!! Even animals recognize the need for a leader.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by ba7man(m): 9:21am On Feb 10, 2013
You should be working on voting in and supporting the right individual to lead the Igbo people rather than being glad you don't have one.
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by abes(m): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2013
Eze means messenger.
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by drnoel: 11:50am On Feb 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

He was not the leader my friend
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by seanet01: 1:23pm On Feb 10, 2013
Gullible Ibos
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by GARRIx7(m): 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2013
ba7man: Even animals recognize the need for a leader.
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by GARRIx7(m): 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2013
ba7man: Even animals recognize the need for a leader.

So what do you say about a people who do not realize the need for a leader?? Are you saying they're less than Animals

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by miiraaj: 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2013
Igbos are like cattles without herds men. That explains their animalistic and primitive behaviors! cheesy
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by FreeGlobe(f): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2013
miiraaj: Igbos are like cattles without herds men. That explains their animalistic and primitive behaviors! cheesy
you are a fool. I guess a cattle is the herdsmen of fellow cattles? fool
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by miiraaj: 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2013
Oga! Why d insult? I guess ur leaders didn't teach u to be polite in ur discussions... Oooops! Forgot u v got no leaders, so I won't be wrong to call you Animals! grin
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by ba7man(m): 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2013
GARRI (x7):

So what do you say about a people who do not realize the need for a leader?? Are you saying they're less than Animals
Naahh...I'm sure the average Igbo person knows the importance of having a leader. Because we are short of good leaders in Nigeria doesn't mean we should give up on having one. We'll just keep searching till we find the right one.
Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by Ikengawo: 4:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
igbo leadership works like this

When we need something specific done, the best person for the job leads, gets it done, and everyone moves on.

Someone isn't made a "LEADER" of everything for the rest of his life because of his name. Look at the yoruba whom Tinubu does tax collection for, political 'leadership' and is appointed as the chairman of everything standing and breathing in the SW. His companies are made into state institutions. You think this is leadership? These type of people are parasites, and the North/SW allows their own infestation.

If Soludo for instance is a good banker, and we're looking for a good banker, we'll call upon him if he's the best qualified. We're not going to make him or his son or wife the head of power, the head of transport, and the head of political parties because of his name. Tinubu's wife is a senator, how much sense does that make? If somebody says this is ridiculous you yoruba voltrons on here will attack that person, but if you tell an igbo man that Peter Odili is a thief they will tell you they agree because it's the fact, no worship of a person because of their 'power'.

There's no point in 'leading' a tribe that's a part of a greater national existence and a tribe where every man sets forth to achieve his own destiny. I often see people insulting Azikiwe in an attempt to liken him to Awolowo because they feel he was the igbo leader lol. Azikwe was a freedom fighter and visionary, once his vision was achieved he was respected for his achievement but he was nobody's master and didn't aim to be. Ojukwu led when he was needed, but after we too was nobody's master and didn't aim to be.

lol at comparing igbos to cattle without shepards. That's the point, we're not cattle, you people are.

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Glad Ndigbo Have No 'leaders' by Ikengawo: 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2013
likewise i'll say no tribe in Nigeria has a leader but some build thrones for their parasites.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Politics Section Has Been Taken Over By PDP Agents / US Shale Output Causes Anxiety For African Oil Producers / Al Mustafa Visits Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.