Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,375 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? (10130 Views)

10 Things Shy People Would Do When They Are Crushing...... / How Shy People Flirt / Loud And Outspoken Or Quiet And Shy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? by rinora(f): 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2013
Hello people,i just need ur opinion on these,theres this guy,i met,a few months back,while i was babysitting.We dint get to talk the day,we met but we exchanged numbers,and since then,we started talking,on the phone.However my personality,is the shy type.I am a very shy and introverted person,most times,its easier for me to flow only with extroverted people,and when i realised this,i made up my mind to only date outspoken and extroverted guys,and thats what ve always done.However,in the process of knowing this guy,i got to find out,that we both have similar features,he is also very introverted and can also easily flow with only extroverted people.But the weird thing,is that since we both started talking,on the phone,we find it so easy to flow with each other.Sometimes we could talk for hours,over different issues,on the phone.After sometime i decided,to forget my rule of dating only extroverted guys and we started dating,but the issue now,is due to our shy nature,whenever we see each other physically,we both find it quite hard to express ourselves to each other,Sometimes we would just be staring at each other,but on the phone,we would talk non-stop.These issue of not being able to express ourselves physically,except when on the phone is kind making the relationship boring.I really like the guy so much cos hes good to me,nice and handsome,but i just feel bored,i like excitement and spontaneity,in relationships,but the shyness wont allow us,do u guys think i should just quit the relationship and move over to an extroverted guy,that would not be shy around me or should i stick to my introverted and shy boyfriend and continue being bored?
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? by omega25red(m): 6:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
it surly can work. i think the first thing to do is to talk about your observations (on the phone of course grin ) then instead of you trying to bail out you should figure out how to work on your own issue of not being able to communicate with him in person while hoping that he works on his own issue.

i mean ask your self why all your relationships with the out spoken guys haven't worked out. Maybe after a while they think you are boring too because you never have anything to say and you just let them carry the relationship.

if anything i would say this is a perfect opportunity for the two of you to work on your introvert personalities together and make it work. Stay in there and talk about it and you should be proactive in carrying the convo when you feel it is going down hill. Or better yet develop new interests and have him join in with you.

1 Like

Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? by amyg(f): 6:04pm On Feb 10, 2013
Try sign language,it works where words fail.seriously who made d 1st move?

1 Like

Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? by Coolval222(m): 7:12pm On Feb 10, 2013
Sometimes making the first move doesn't really mean that you are wild.. Make him feel free with you, eg sit on his laps, pinch him sometimes, try to start the play first, i believe he will pick up from there cos we guys love fun, introvert or not....{i'm no expert, just a suggestion o}
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? by jmoore(m): 6:20am On Feb 11, 2013
Many introverts don't usually show the "introvert" behaviour with the ones they are dating be it extroverts or introverts. When you love someone you will communicate very well. The problem with many relationships is that they don't tell the partner what the problem is. Why don't you tell him this problem you are sharing here so he can find a way to spice up the relationship

1 Like

Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? by akraym(m): 6:47am On Feb 11, 2013
Wow. Best form of relationship if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? by rinora(f): 11:16am On Feb 11, 2013
[quote author=Coolval222]Sometimes making the first move doesn't really mean that you are wild.. Make him feel free with you, eg sit on his laps, pinch him sometimes, try to start the play first, i believe he will pick up from there cos we guys love fun, introvert or not....{i'm no expert, just a suggestion o

Thanks so much,on that tip,i guess i would give it a try,and see if both of us would loosen up a bit....
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? by ProdigyLoco(m): 7:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
I love me an introvert right now, am not a pure introvert tho, my last gf was an exhibitionist and ish, back to topic introverts are the coolest cus they always want to try new things... Most introverts are shy in public(like me) but are wild in private whoooooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? by Craigston: 11:26pm On Jan 16, 2015
Present.
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
Not all introverted people are shy but most are sha grin
Shey u just wn justify say na bad boys dey get d gals abi undecided
Anyways

The relationship sure will work out fine.
We could be shy with outsiders but not to the girl we're dating.

#proudly an introvert cool

(1) (Reply)

This Girl I Met Seriously Embarrassed Me / He Wants Me To Keep Our Relationship Private / Letter To My Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.