Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,768 members, 7,840,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa (4444 Views)

New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose / Buhari Ally Abubakar Tsav Warns Him Against Sectional Appointments / My Prophecy 2011 : Sectional Rebellion Army from The Nigeria Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Eziachi: 1:23am On Feb 11, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Baseless ranting of an empty chest-beater
Chest beating is meaningless, you are only hidding from the embarrassment of calling them Biafra team last week and this Sunday, they are the super eagle of all Nigeria. It hilarious and I told some of you that your mud slinging may come back to hunt you and it has. I don't blame you if you felt humiliated today because you are embarrassed to celebrate today, because of last week's rantings.

3 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Duduknight(m): 1:25am On Feb 11, 2013
Eziachi:
Its not pathetic and DON'T BLAME THEM. as every action results into a reaction. If they didn't term them a Biafra team with a Biafra manager when things wasn't going well as expected, they won't come back talking about the team make up.

Don't pretend not to know that some Igbo sons were tagging it a Biafran team even before the first ball was kicked in anger. I don't particularly care who started it. The facts remain that a worthy achievement is being tainted by idiots. This is not Nigeria's first nations cup; Nigeria has won in the past with more balanced representation.

Keshi was appointed to pick a team and he has done well for Nigeria. End of story.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by GARRIx7(m): 1:28am On Feb 11, 2013
Eziachi:
Chest beating is meaningless, you are only hitting from the embarrassment of calling them Biafra team last week and this Sunday, they are the super eagle of all Nigeria. It hilarious and I told some of you that your mud slinging may come back to hunt you and it has. I don't blame you if you felt humiliated today because you are embarrassed to celebrate today, because of last week's rantings.

The bolded (Which you can't prove)shows why aside being an "empty chest-beater" just like your fellow Akpu-chopping, flat-headed folks, you're also a hopeless LIAR...

cheesy
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Eziachi: 1:28am On Feb 11, 2013
Duduknight:

Don't pretend not to know that some Igbo sons were tagging it a Biafran team even before the first ball was kicked in anger. I don't particularly care who started it. The facts remain that a worthy achievement is being tainted by idiots. This is not Nigeria's first nations cup; Nigeria has won in the past with more balanced representation.

Keshi was appointed to pick a team and he has done well for Nigeria. End of story.
You can twist it as you like but we all knew what most Nigerians were saying after the first two games. It was only last two weeks it happens, some of us still has their memory in a sharp mode. I am not saying you are one of them, but don't pretend that it didn't happen.

2 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Duduknight(m): 1:30am On Feb 11, 2013
Eziachi:
You can twist it as you like but we all knew what most Nigerians were saying after the first two games. It was only last two weeks it happens, some of us still has their memory in a sharp mode. I am not saying you are one of them, but don't pretend that it didn't happen.

If kids are behaving like kids, should elders behave like kids? You are an elderly person, you shouldn't be encouraging this sort of behaviour. That a few people were mocking the team after two games doesn't mean a majority of Nigerians were mocking the team.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Eziachi: 1:31am On Feb 11, 2013
GARRI (x7):

The bolded shows why aside being an "empty chest-beater" just like your fellow Akpu-chopping, flat-headed folks, you're also a hopeless LIAR...
You never knew how good Akpu is until you try it, that why the Akpu coach brought you glory you had been giving white men millions for years without result. The reason this team won, is it purely base on talent and merit, it not like your politics. All the boys and coaches in that team no matter where they come from was their on merit and has the ability, that why they were successful.period

2 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Eziachi: 1:34am On Feb 11, 2013
Duduknight:

If kids are behaving like kids, should elders behave like kids? You are an elderly person, you shouldn't be encouraging this sort of behaviour. That a few people were mocking the team after two games doesn't mean a majority of Nigerians were mocking the team.
I don't do the usual hypocritical Nigerian use of age to hide from the truth. I have not discussed any age with you before, now or even for the future. I didn't ask you to treat me differently because of your age,so what the heck are you talking about? What has age got to do with it?

2 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Ojiofor: 1:34am On Feb 11, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Anuofia!!!

cheesy
Oke Enwe grin
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by GARRIx7(m): 1:35am On Feb 11, 2013
Eziachi:
You never knew how good Akpu is until you try it, that why the Akpu coach brought you glory you had been giving white men millions for years without result. The reason this team won, is it purely base on talent and merit, it not like your politics. All the boys and coaches in that team no matter where they come from was their on merit and has the ability, that why they were successful.period

More baseless ranting....
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Eziachi: 1:37am On Feb 11, 2013
Duduknight:

Majority? Thousands of people were murdered in 1966 because of the action of probably 20 army officers and the majority cheered, and this night alone you are trying to make sense about majority and minority at last?
Give me a break!

2 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Duduknight(m): 1:38am On Feb 11, 2013
Eziachi:
I don't do the usual hypocritical Nigerian use of age to hide from the truth. I have not discussed any age with you before, now or even for the future. I didn't ask you to treat me differently because of your age,so what the heck are you talking about? What has age got to do with it?

Of course you want to ignore age now that it has been pointed out to you that you are acting like a juvenile. Many white racists in the US were against Obama but could Obama have won without the votes of other Caucasians? I hope you understand that analogy.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by GARRIx7(m): 1:38am On Feb 11, 2013
Ojiofor: Oke Enwe grin

Oloriburuku omo ale..

cheesy
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Eziachi: 1:39am On Feb 11, 2013
GARRI (x7):

More baseless ranting....
That makes two of us. My Baseless ranting drew your baseless ranting back.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Duduknight(m): 1:40am On Feb 11, 2013
Eziachi:
Majority? Thousands of people were murdered in 1966 because of the action of probably 20 army officers and the majority cheered, and this night alone you are trying to make sense about majority and minority at last?
Give me a break!

No surprises here, everything starts and ends with 1966/67. You can educate yourself on the events of the 60s; I have no intentions of discussing that.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by AkinEgba: 1:41am On Feb 11, 2013
I remember my Yoruba brother ''activist'' calling the team an Igbo team being enriched by the govt at the expense of quota system and other Nigerians
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Eziachi: 1:42am On Feb 11, 2013
Duduknight:

Of course you want to ignore age now that it has been pointed out to you that you are acting like a juvenile. Many white racists in the US were against Obama but could Obama have won without the votes of other Caucasians? I hope you understand that analogy.
Don't compare an apple with cassava. That is only normal in Nigeria. Don't just go there. If you have any evidence of reference I had made as to a special treatment due to age, point it out and I will apologise. If not hold your peace.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Eziachi: 1:43am On Feb 11, 2013
Duduknight:

No surprises here, everything starts and ends with 1966/67. You can educate yourself on the events of the 60s; I have no intentions of discussing that.
Me neither, I am going to sleep, Have a good evening.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by kofoshi: 1:46am On Feb 11, 2013
Akin-Egba:
I remember my Yoruba brother ''activist'' calling the team an Igbo team being enriched by the govt at the expense of quota system and other Nigerians

I actually share that same view.

Nevertheless, the biafrans are outstanding footballers - that we can't take away from them.

I salute them.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by AkinEgba: 1:50am On Feb 11, 2013
This is breaking news!!!!

President Goodluck Jonathan will give N10m to each of the victorious Super Eagles players and national honours while the coach gets N15m, Arik Airline has offered to go and bring them in for free. They will depart at 8:30am Tuesday and fly straight to Abuja. Be proud to be Biafran Nigerian..

https://www.facebook.com/ahaoma

So these small, small mostly Igbos boys go turn overnight millionaires (forget that most are already Naira millionaires playing abroad undecided undecided undecided) and National Honors awardees just like that? Ko daa now; according to our own activist, this is discriminatory to we Yaribas and awusaas!!!
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by kofoshi: 1:51am On Feb 11, 2013
Akin-Egba:
This is breaking news!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/ahaoma

So these small, small mostly Igbos boys go turn overnight millionaires (forget that most are already Naira millionaires playing abroad undecided undecided undecided) and National Honors awardees just like that? Ko daa now; according to our own activist, this is discriminatory to we Yaribas and awusaas!!!

They deserve it and more!
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by redsun(m): 2:02am On Feb 11, 2013
Ten million naira is a chicken feed,compare to huge sums of money thieves like tinubu steals from the government unchecked..Those guys,especially the nigerian based should be made for life and money should be spared to mentain the tempo and build them up to the highest standard that can tacle any team in the world.

We need to set precedences,functional academies managed by nigerian that will tap and enhance the multiple skills in nigerian sports arena,not just football.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by demmy(m): 2:50am On Feb 11, 2013
Can the OP see the irony of his own thread? Tribalizing the success of the national team?
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Dede1(m): 2:58am On Feb 11, 2013
GARRI (x7):
The Coach and Assistant aren't from the South-East so??

What's the Biafran Chest beating about??

cheesy

I wonder why anybody would engage the poster of the above post in any form of debate. This is a dingbat that thought South-East zone is Biafra.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by demmy(m): 3:01am On Feb 11, 2013
Why are some people acting as if this is the first time the Super Eagles was filled mostly with Igbos but failed instead of succeeded like now?
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by dayokanu(m): 3:01am On Feb 11, 2013
Keshi is from Delta, Ideye Brown is from Bayelsa, Victor Moses, Oboaboana, Enyeama from Cross River, Yobo from Rivers, Echiejile from Edo State, Efe Ambrose from Delta State, Fegur Ogude from Delta, Onazi from Benue State, Nosa Igiebor from Edo state

So how are these people Ibos

Maybe OP should remember when Christian Chukwu a full Iboman was coach and failed
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Dede1(m): 3:05am On Feb 11, 2013
Abagworo: This team is almost 100% Southeast, South-south and Middlebelt. Maybe if we combine these three Southeast(The brain), South-south(The resources) and middlebelt(The strength) things will work out well in Nigeria.

Few Ndigbo seem to be deluded and silly in their attempt to feel accepted. What stinking resources and strength is poster of above post talking about? Both resources and strength I must deduce that Ndigbo have in abundance.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by kofoshi: 3:13am On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu: Keshi is from Delta, Ideye Brown is from Bayelsa, Victor Moses, Oboaboana, Enyeama from Cross River, Yobo from Rivers, Echiejile from Edo State, Efe Ambrose from Delta State, Fegur Ogude from Delta, Onazi from Benue State, Nosa Igiebor from Edo state

Maybe OP should remember when Christian Chukwu a full Iboman was coach and failed

Nonsense! So I have been giving all the accolades to the Biafrans albeit undeservedly?

Shish kebab!
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Dede1(m): 3:16am On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu: Keshi is from Delta, Ideye Brown is from Bayelsa, Victor Moses, Oboaboana, Enyeama from Cross River, Yobo from Rivers, Echiejile from Edo State, Efe Ambrose from Delta State, Fegur Ogude from Delta, Onazi from Benue State, Nosa Igiebor from Edo state

Dayolodo,

Must you always display inherent stupidity publicly? State of origin does not translate into ethnicity in Nigeria, olodo. Those who tried to tag super eagles as Biafran teams wrote Keshi’s name as Okechukwu Keshi and Echiejile as Ifeanyi Echiejile.

Only an irredeemable loudmouthed bigot such as you will remotely insinuate who full Igbo man or not.

2 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by AkinEgba: 3:39am On Feb 11, 2013

Keshi (Stephen Okechukwu Keshi) is Igbo (SS)
Echiejile is Igbo most likely from SE, even if born in Edo State
More than 50% of the players are Igbo from SE
The most goals were scored by Igbos from SE
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Nobody: 3:47am On Feb 11, 2013
Holy Crap! I'm reading all the comments and you all sound like mad men.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by AkinEgba: 3:47am On Feb 11, 2013
Keshi is from Oshimili LGA, the same LGA as Nzeogwu. Nzeogwu cannot be Igbo and Keshi would not be.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenkeshiokechukwu

The Oshimili North is one of the twenty-five Local Government Areas that make up Delta State, South-south geo-political region of Nigeria. The Local Government was created in 1997 and until its creation, was part of the old Oshimili Local Government Area. The Local Government is headquartered at Akwukwu-Igbo and comprises prominent towns and communities such as Ibusa, Illah and Okpanam. The people of this region speak Igbo, which the Igbo indigenes refer to as the Enuani language dialect of Igbo language.

Source wiki
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by AkinEgba: 4:01am On Feb 11, 2013

Goalkeepers: [color=#006600]Vincent Enyeama[/color] (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be'er Sheva, Israel), Chigozie Agbim (Enugu Rangers)

Defenders: Elderson Echiejile (SC Braga, Portugal), [color=#770077]Juwon Oshaniwa[/color] (Ashdod FC, Israel), Joseph Yobo (Fenerbahce, Turkey), [color=#006600]Efe Ambrose[/color] (Celtic, Scotland), Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves), Kenneth Omeruo (ADO Den Haag, Netherlands), [color=#006600]Godfrey Oboabona[/color] (Sunshine Stars)

Midfielders: John Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), [color=#006600]Nosa Igiebor[/color] (Real Betis, Spain), Ogenyi Onazi (|Lazio, Italy), Obiora Nwankwo (Padova, Italy), [color=#006600]Fegor Ogude[/color] (Valerenga, Norway), Gabriel Reuben (Kano Pillars)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa ( CSKA Moscow, Russia), Emmanuel Emenike (Spartak Moscow, Russia), Victor Moses (Chelsea, England), Sunday Mba (Enugu Rangers), Ikechukwu Uche (Villarreal, Spain), [color=#006600]Brown Ideye[/color] (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine), Ejike Uzoenyi (Enugu Rangers)

RED = IGbo= SE
Blue = Igbo = SS
Brown = SS (non Igbo)
Black = North (NW, NC)
Green = Yoruba (0nly one shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics / Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability / Buhari Arrives Nigeria - The Secret Photo They Don't Want You To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.