Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,751 members, 7,844,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, (15287 Views)

Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores / I Hate Any Form Of Housework And I'll Work My Ass To Hire A Maid / Which Housework Do You Love/hate Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by emmatok(m): 12:23am On Feb 14, 2013
JallowBah:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1635092

One about murder.

That is a 1992 journal, research conducted more than 20year ago.

Look nobody holy pass!

Enough of this sexist war.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 14, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Lol. @ ease. grin

I forgive u for 'cyber-bullying' me. I should post it on dat ya thread, but I won't. tongue *hugs*

Ah Tee! now you are doing it in return by sticking your tongue out to me? grin, I forgive you too kiss
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by dickhardener: 12:34am On Feb 14, 2013
Michky:
Alrite. I'll melow down for a while. Wow, you're really understanding o. Your partner must definitely be the luckiest man alive rigntow believe me. Already, you know backing down is not in any of my traits. I wish all women were like you. Women that would understand their husbands well enough to keep them happy. It is well.

I have heard you.
you be real man.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Tgirl4real(f): 1:12am On Feb 14, 2013
jidegirl12:

Ah Tee! now you are doing it in return by sticking your tongue out to me? grin, I forgive you too kiss

Lol.

I dey go back go sleep jare. Na Jallowbah and Michky woke me up. cheesy

BTW, I thot Jallowbah was male o cos of that her "Beauty of thick chics" thread.

Gud nyt dear.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 1:53am On Feb 14, 2013
Thanks mod, for your help in keeping the thread clean smiley.
I had suggested to some of the feuding parties to just ignore bad comments but unfortunately words were still exchanged. Thank goodness it is all over.
Overall the thread has been a good one. I know I was able to get across to a number of men cool
Hope more men read and get the message as well.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by birdman(m): 2:15am On Feb 14, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]
I hope that is a typo.

For where. Who no like better thing
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Genius100: 2:29am On Feb 14, 2013
dasparrow:

I understand where you are coming from but I am afraid you are preaching to the choir. Nigeria generally speaking is a misogynist chauvinist country where women are regarded as property and inferior to the males. Children in Nigeria are taught from an early age that boys are preferred to girls by the chauvinist utterances they hear from their fathers and surprisingly some mothers in the home. So what do you expect? The average Nigerian woman in Nigeria equally supports chauvinism as well by not speaking out strongly against it.

I have heard people say severally that Nigeria is the worst country to be in if you are a woman and I think I agree. If you are waiting for a typical Nigerian bred male to assist you in doing house chores, you will wait till eternity. The worst part is that most Nigerian men don't even bring home a decent salary so they have to depend on their wives' income as supplemental income yet they refuse to help a little in the home. Bring in a house maid and they will will 99.9% of the time sexually molest her if she is in no way blood related to them.

If you are looking for a compassionate man with a conscience who knows how to love his wife like Christ loves the church and who cares about your happiness and overall well being, then you will do well not to marry or become one with a Nigerian bred male. Just because you were brought into this world as a Nigerian woman does not mean you must marry from your country especially if you come from a third world chauvinist country like Nigeria.

No amount of pleading or begging will make a Nigerian male help you in the home because most are raised to hate the female gender from a very tender age. Hence marrying them will leave you burnt out, scarred, and looking way older than your age in the not-so-distant future. I have advised all my young single female cousins who are in their early and mid twenties to be wise and not marry from Nigeria if they want to live long, healthy and happy lives.

My friend, be quiet there. Nonsense. Poll the girls on Nairaland and most of them will tell you they expect their husband to take care of ALL the household bills and even give them pocket money despite the fact that the women are working. When Nigerian women start contributing significantly to the household finances, Nigerian men will start helping with housework. That's how it is in the western world...
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by cyril83(m): 3:50am On Feb 14, 2013
stagger:

If you think helping your wife occasionally with house chores is a thing of weakness, then you are a fool. How many years have you been married? You are one of those men that think that women are beasts of burden who must be made to work until they drop. Wicked men everywhere.

Fact is many of these lazy men who are hiding behind women must do ALL the housework are men whose parents had househelps and all do everything in the house. In my house growing up, there was only one female: my mum. There came a time when she was sick and endured a very lengthy spell in hospital. Now tell me, you wicked man, if you were my dad then, would you wake her from her hospital bed to copme and cook, do your dishes, wash your clothes, clean your house, etc while you just go to work, then come back and hit the beer parlour to watch Champions League match, then come home to demand your food?

What nonsense! Marriage is a joint venture covenant. The man is the senior partner and the wife is the junior partner. There is nothing that says the senior partner cannot help a junior partner out with things once in a while. All this is a product of our wicked culture that sees women as property and not as human beings.

hey you! Where have you been? Hope those silly characters of yours didnot accompany you to 2013.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Lexoria: 8:10am On Feb 14, 2013
KINGwax: I grow up with ma dad gettin me at d nanny's, placin me in the front seat and drivin to get foodstuffs at the market. He do the meals evn b4 ma mum returns. He also do ds esp wen mom will be takin long to arrive and he's got the spare time.
I grow up to see him rinse or wrigle while mom washes.
I grow up to watch him support in any way necessary. And there's ds habbit of his I imbibed...I take meat from stew and eat wit a nice cold water!!! He does ds most wen he is d one who did d soup, and less wen mom does cos mom tends to grow stern eyes!!! If d soup aint new, he won't touch it so if mom suceeded in guidin d stew till it looses it's hotness; it's safe!!!
Well, ds thread aint for me, am out!!!

Your pops is one of the few nicest men alive.I'm glad he showed you good examples.Even though I don't know him,I am VERY PROUD OF HIM.He's the kind of man 95percent of nl men should have as their father.I pray your sisters will reap that which their father has sown if they aint married yet and if they are and their husbands are like the men on here then I pray God to change and melt the men's heart and let HIS word come to fulfilment in their lives.AMEN

To the other lil boys making a noise here.GROW THE HECK UP,THIS IS 2013 and y'all want working class wives.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by princeonx: 8:25am On Feb 14, 2013
shocked just logged on to see if there are more ideas on how to help you guys (women) at home but it look like the whole gist had turn to WW111. Am out!!
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by adesbreath: 9:39am On Feb 14, 2013
stagger:

You are a wicked man! End of story.

You want your wife to die of housework, when she has a job and has to look after the kids: what type of nonsense is that? In my house, I wash the bathroom and toilet and this is something I enjoy doing right from when I was a kid. Occasionally, I sweep and once in a long while, I do the cooking. Sometimes I even pity my wife when she comes back home from a stressful day at work looking like she wants to collapse.

My helping with housework has never reduced my status in the house as the head of the house. Rather it has enhanced it.

How a modern day man whose wife goes to work (hard work I must say) and has to still bear the children and look after them should be be left to do all the work in the house beats my imagination!
God bless you dear. I wish most men can have the understanding and wisdom you have, you are very invaluable, the funny thing is that those men shouting hell no here will be the first to be cleaning their wives ass abroad because they will have no choice over there, what does it remove from you, how can your eyes see your wife breathless from work only to come home to take care of the kids, cook, then still expect her to be intimate with you, I know their are househelps, yes but there is only so much they can do, I agree that men who don't help their wives with house work when they know that she also works hard to help financially is not only wicked, but he wants his wife to die early.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by greatgod2012(f): 9:47am On Feb 14, 2013
Bambela: greatgod where have you being? I always looking forward to see your comment. @Op equally advice women not to see it as a duty when their hubbies tend to help them.

abeg, no vex o........i've been very busy, anyway, each to his/her own.
To be honest with you pple, my hubby helps me in d housechore alot, and i do really appreciate it, but i have never and i will never open my mouth and tell him what to do in d house......he is d one who decided to help and he does that with whichever way and however he deem fit.
Traditionally, it is not his duty and that makes me see his as a real and unselfish man, which i appreciate so much, d same way he appreciate me when i help out in d financial obligations of d family.
May God help us all.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by kemifemi: 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
Shaking my head at some of these responses! Can't believe some people still reason like this. Oga o. May God help women o.

Roles have changed. Things are not the way they used to be. An average naija woman will support her husband whenever the need arises, why can't our men do the same.

Ladies, marry a man that LOVES God and you'll never regret it. If the love of God is not in him...... U know d answer
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by birdman(m): 3:27am On Feb 15, 2013
kemifemi: Shaking my head at some of these responses! Can't believe some people still reason like this. Oga o. May God help women o.

Roles have changed. Things are not the way they used to be. An average naija woman will support her husband whenever the need arises, why can't our men do the same.

Ladies, marry a man that LOVES God and you'll never regret it. If the love of God is not in him...... U know d answer

You can love God and still be hell to marry. In fact, in the Nigerian case, you are more likely to have an understanding relationship with an atheist.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Dapresident(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2015
ebamma:
Dear nigerian women una where wan make we follow do house work dey craze, una sabi how we dey suffer to make money to feed una and buy una blackberries,
Some of us are being insulted by our bosses everyday, but we have no choice cos we need the salary to feed una and buy una brazilian hair,
Wetin be una work sef, una dey spend una day gossipping and lazying about,some of una sef no sabi cook better food where we fit chop enjoy sef, na so so salt the full una soup,
If una want make we dey do the house chores then una must start working and become the breadwinners of the family, she who has ear let her hear
I don't blame u.. Maggot mouth.. I pity d woman dt will fall prey to u..
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by 1miccza: 10:31am On Jan 02, 2015
emeraldtopaz:
Its nt compulsory that he helps with some domestic chores but it is necessary.if u need help with anything around the house,tell him lovingly and am sure he would love to help out and know wen to make such requests(when his favryt soccer team is playin isn't d ryt tym to ask him to help u change d baby diapers).just don't make it a duty kind of tin n lastly always appreciate woteva he does n praise him for it no mata how badly he does d job.that way thr will b peace in d house.

Here people is one matured and understanding lady. That's the way to go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food / Name 5 Things You Did As A Child During Christmas Period? / No Matter How Far You Have Gone The Wrong Path, You Can Always Turn Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.