Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, (15286 Views)

Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores / I Hate Any Form Of Housework And I'll Work My Ass To Hire A Maid / Which Housework Do You Love/hate Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
This Topic Againnn?
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
No need for plenty talk. All the men saying they can't assist with housework should also not expect any type of financial assistance from their wives. No matter how dire your need for money is and no matter how urgently money is needed in the house, you should never think of asking your wife for help since you have refused to help her out in the house.
See them making noise about how they go to work and earn money as if women don't also work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 2:55pm On Feb 13, 2013
JallowBah:

Or; you both pay for the house and electricity and food, and have a saving account together, and then the rest, you spend on hair, clothes, nails, shoes, cars, beers, whatever floats your boat.
( If both are working fulltime... )
Look, if i don't have the means to act as a man should, i won't get married in the first place. Knowing fully well that in marriage, certain demands are required.
And if by chance i lose my job during the marriage, i do not expect that it would be right for you to ask me to take up chores because you're the one temporarily paying the bills. I expect you to help me get back up and continue to do my duty as a man rather than demeaning me to such level as chores.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by BankuTilapia: 2:55pm On Feb 13, 2013
I WILL ONLY HELP IF SHE IS ALSO CONTRIBUTING FINANCIALLY, IF NOT THEN PHUCK IT. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy.. GIVE WOMAN AN INCH SHE TAKES A YARD, GIVE HER A YARD SHE TAKES A MILE. grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
jidegirl12: This Topic Againnn?
Jump am pass if you are tired of seeing it. It is not compulsory for you to read or contribute.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
Michky: Why won't you open your dirty mouth in public. I don't blame you. You can talk your rubbish because Money has ensured a level playing field for both gender. If it was those days where you had to hunt where lions reside, am sure women would gladly stay home and cook. Money makes it all easy doesn't it?

Now, a woman can be the boss and send the male messanger on errands and scream at them if they default. Now, you're carrying this mentality into the home saying since you both work, both have to share chores. Abi?

I have one answer for you. Marriage is an institution where women do chores while men provide. Just like university is a place where VCs administer while students do assignments. Try asking your VC to do your assignments for you and see whether your time in that school will not end. Same goes with marriage, If you don't wanna do chores (and don't want house help) then don't get married. Simple! Don't forget that the clock is ticking against you o. Many women are out there eagerly waiting to take your place if you don't know.

thats a different topic on its own which might read ABUSE OF THE PHRASE WOMEN ENPOWERMENT

those are abuses that come out with changes,

i am male

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]No need for plenty talk. All the men saying they can't assist with housework should also not expect any type of financial assistance from their wives. No matter how dire your need for money is and no matter how urgently money is needed in the house, you should never think of asking your wife for help since you have refused to help her out in the house.
See them making noise about how they go to work and earn money as if women don't also work.
Are you giving conditions for your marriage? If he won't do house work, you won't give him a dime. Right? I see your marriage heading for the walls soon. Guaranteed!

You've gotten it all twisted. Woman is supposed to be helping MAN in marriage. Not the other way around.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
angry
[CHocolaTE:
]
Jump am pass if you are tired of seeing it. It is not compulsory for you to read or contribute.

Are you okay upstairs at all? When has it been a crime to comment here ? you should kuku do rota and sit him down with a cane to delegate chores to him, if you're having a hard time with your hubby doing house chores , get yourselves Ekaette since both of you 'contribute' to your family purse! Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Biggysmalls919(m): 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
its funny. Here in america, nigerian women are dealing with their husbands. The husbands do most of the chores. All these women do is to divorce the man and jump to another man to acquire their money. Its a rampant issue nw with nigerian couples in america
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
jidegirl12: angry

Are you okay upstairs at all? When has it been a crime to comment here ? you should kuku do rota and sit him down with a cane to delegate chores to him, if you're having a hard time with your hubby doing house chores , get yourselves Ekaette since both of you 'contribute' to your family purse! Mtcheeew
Honestly, that's what really bothers me. Man says he's not interested in chores, these feminists are still insisting that no one else must do it but the man. I don't think these people are okay in the head at all. What is really the problem with ekaete by the way? Must the man do it compulsorily because the woman says so? Wierd. Thanks Jare Jidegirl.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
Do I think men should help more around the house?YES!!!is it enough to make trouble about??A CAPITAL NO.Do your best and carryover the rest,if your hubby helps,FINE!!!if he doesn't,Let it be.This is Marrafackin Africa!!!!

Some really will love to help but get too lazy to do house chores.It bores most to tears and dirt doesn't bother a lot guys.

@Chocolate,don't let this chores thing be a hitch to your marital bliss,get a househelp if chores really bother you that much.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by seunajia: 3:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
You see, this is what reversing gender roles leads to. Women want to take on hard tasks like the men.

Anyway it's each to their own. Someone already mentioned why we have women doing house-chores. But now that you guys want to become "career women", In all honesty, things have to change.

Again each to their own. Why should one marry a "loru-loru" wife like himself and not help her with the household chores? That is a tad irresponsible.

AFAIC, I don't intend marrying from my profession. She's a Queen and neednt work her a$$ off. I prefer teachers, university lecturers. Anyone with an easy schedule. Man and wife should not both be away from the children/home at the same time. Who'll take charge? I don't want me some derelicts.

Ofcourse I intend to help as frequently as possible albeit, without being forced.

Each to their own.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 3:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
byvan: Do I think men should help more around the house?YES!!!is it enough to make trouble about??A CAPITAL NO.Do your best and carryover the rest,if your hubby helps,FINE!!!if he doesn't,Let it be.This is Marrafackin Africa!!!!

Some really will love to help but get too lazy to do house chores.It bores most to tears and dirt doesn't bother a lot guys.

@Chocolate,don't let this chores thing be a hitch to your marital bliss,get a househelp if chores really bother you that much.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
Can women stop complaining for once? Back in those days our mothers go to farm, do hard jobs then come back to cook with firewood we know all the stress in that, they have to pound yams then wash cloths with hands, fetching water was from the wells or they go some distance to fetch it.

These days our ladies spend their youth days going from one eatery to the other, they head to dry-cleaners even when they have washing machines, the tap is right in front of you so no stress of finding water, the gas burner is there no more firewood headache, the vacuum cleaner is there yet they are too lazy to use it, blender rather than grinding stones, semo and poundo yam rather than pounding with morta, even dish washers.......If i hear say housework is hard again for a married woman I go slap the person mouth.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Oyinprince(m): 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
wen i ws a kid, i usd to see my fada help my mum anytym he was free nd had d opportunity... if u love ur wife,then i believe u wuld want to help her except u married her as a servant nd not as a partner

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by repogirl(f): 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
Brand_new: I'm just not caught out for it. Kinda too menial though I do it once in a blue moon and I love having a clean environment too. I'd rather do more challenging things like the gardens, repairs, paint jobs e.t.c. Is there any problem with that? grin
noones cut out for it, sometimes we just have to do what we have to do.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by sarutobie(m): 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
If you cant cook without making a fuss about it get a househelp!! Stop harrasing us with this una talk..

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Adaeze003(f): 4:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
Michky: Are you giving conditions for your marriage? If he won't do house work, you won't give him a dime. Right? I see your marriage heading for the walls soon. Guaranteed!

You've gotten it all twisted. Woman is supposed to be helping MAN in marriage. Not the other way around.
You trying to say that marriage is a one sided affair? That women have nothing to gain?

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Sike(m): 4:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ofcourse i Can help but the only time i Do help is when i'm in the mood and she's taking like forever to cuum to Papa. wink
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by SELFWORTH: 4:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
Oyinprince: wen i ws a kid, i usd to see my fada help my mum anytym he was free nd had d opportunity... if u love ur wife,then i believe u wuld want to help her except u married her as a servant nd not as a partner

Well said!

It's all about supporting each other which is a 'foreign language' in most Nigerian marriages.

Lots of hypocritical responses as usual. People pretending they are what they are not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by stagger: 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
Michky:

You call him wicked man because he refuses to do house chores? Interesting. I think you're the wicked one. Knowing your duty and yet trying to over-burden the husband who's burden already is immense. Lets put it simply: You're a weakling. Not a man. You forget that these same women will turn it to their right when you refuse to do those same tasks tomorrow.

Question is: Will you divorce me if i refuse to do chores?

If you think helping your wife occasionally with house chores is a thing of weakness, then you are a fool. How many years have you been married? You are one of those men that think that women are beasts of burden who must be made to work until they drop. Wicked men everywhere.

Fact is many of these lazy men who are hiding behind women must do ALL the housework are men whose parents had househelps and all do everything in the house. In my house growing up, there was only one female: my mum. There came a time when she was sick and endured a very lengthy spell in hospital. Now tell me, you wicked man, if you were my dad then, would you wake her from her hospital bed to copme and cook, do your dishes, wash your clothes, clean your house, etc while you just go to work, then come back and hit the beer parlour to watch Champions League match, then come home to demand your food?

What nonsense! Marriage is a joint venture covenant. The man is the senior partner and the wife is the junior partner. There is nothing that says the senior partner cannot help a junior partner out with things once in a while. All this is a product of our wicked culture that sees women as property and not as human beings.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by valeny2k(m): 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
Dear CHocolaTE,

Helping my wife with housework I can never be the problem between us, but it is for her not taking advantage of my assisting her duties, u know most women will like to take the advantage of helping them, they will always want the man to continuing every day. I will always love to help my wife if she deserve to help.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by theripper: 4:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
A subtle attempt at domesticating men. @OP, ur plans have failed. Helping a woman in the kitchen and house chores should b done at my own volition. I would get a house help for her if d lady feels burdened. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Flezbillion(m): 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
Brand_new: Other tasks I mentioned is menial too but I just feel house cleaning is too petty and monotonous hence me not liking it.
Hey! I'm not yet married but will soon be. grin
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Originalsly: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hmmm....if OP and some of these women are married...I guess at least one is at home typing away while they wait for the loving husband to come home and help with work that can be done right now. Give some women an inch and they would want to take a yard.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by JallowBah(f): 4:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
Originalsly: Hmmm....if OP and some of these women are married...I guess at least one is at home typing away while they wait for the loving husband to come home and help with work that can be done right now. Give some women an inch and they would want to take a yard.

..or maybe the work is already done, and it is time to relax.
..or maybe you check your computer in between doing chores.
..or maybe the food is cooking, and just need to sit before it is ready.
..or maybe the husband decided to cook, and told the wifey to sit her pretty a*s down and relax.

Can be anything.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by valeny2k(m): 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
ok good for u and ur choice
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by lojik(m): 5:01pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ur hussy doesn't have to help manually, he could as well get you:
a. washing machine
b. Dish washer
c. Vacuum cleaner
d. Deep freezer
e. Microwave oven
f. Gas cooker with timer
g. Blender with timer
h. Rice cooker
i. Deep frier with timer
j. Fruit mixer with timer
k. Yam pounder with timer
l. electric kettle with alarm
j. Any other gadget

The unfortunate thing is that after getting all these gadgets, she'll still complain that u don't help her.
I don't know how to cook and i once tried to help with the stew and the whole thing got burnt. I got the nagging of my life. I don't plan to attempt any chore again anytime soon. Let the gadgets do their work.

I hope they invent a beans cooker with remote control soon.
I wonder why vacuum cleaners don't come with pre-programmable touch screen interfaces.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by BankuTilapia: 5:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
Women by nature are nagging creatures becuz woteva u will do deh will complain. If u r out of job they will complain, if u r working hard they will say u don't get time for dem. If u r well endowed oh u r too big for me n if u r as small as the MODERATOR deh will say oh u don't satisfy me enuff. DON'T TEK WOMEN SERIOUS. cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
lucenzo: @op wetin you score for ur waec (english) because I cannot understand why someone will be writing “if so thanks be to obatala“in 2013. Can you now see the reason why we refuse to help you?

On a serious note, try and register for the next GCE. It will do you a lot of good.
Lucenzo, for the first time on NL, u looked silly. Who can claim of being perfect in English?? Mr know all, pls learn to correct pple in a more civilized way.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by JallowBah(f): 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
lojik: Ur hussy doesn't have to help manually, he could as well get you:
a. washing machine
c. Vacuum cleaner
d. Deep freezer
e. Microwave oven

The unfortunate thing is that after getting all these gadgets, she'll still complain that u don't help her.
I don't know how to cook and i once tried to help with the stew and the whole thing got burnt. I got the nagging of my life. I don't plan to attempt any chore again anytime soon. Let the gadgets do their work.

I wonder why vacuum cleaners don't come with pre-programmable touch screen interfaces.

The left-outs are the only things we have..smiley And he helps. I do not like rice being cooked in these machines, neither does he. All the machines that cook for you are..blah.

I did not know how to cook african food when I met my husband, and for the first 3-4 months I burned it half the time. And if I did not burn it, there was too much spice, not enough spice, not cooked enough, cooked too much, etc, etc. But I learned..

And there are small vacuum-cleaners that are like robots; they run around the house themself. Very strange to look at, and I never tried it myself, so I have no idea how good they work. Damn expensive as well.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by BankuTilapia: 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
lojik: Ur hussy doesn't have to help manually, he could as well get you:
a. washing machine
b. Dish washer
c. Vacuum cleaner
d. Deep freezer
e. Microwave oven
f. Gas cooker with timer
g. Blender with timer
h. Rice cooker
i. Deep frier with timer
j. Fruit mixer with timer
k. Yam pounder with timer
l. electric kettle with alarm
j. Any other gadget

Do all da work n deh will still complain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? / Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food / Name 5 Things You Did As A Child During Christmas Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.