Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,196 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard (26673 Views)

Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo / A 1967 British Newspaper Headline Of A Nigerian Man Helping The UK (pics) / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by stpat1(m): 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
stephenponti: That pic is a forgery

I believe so too, a pics that old should show signs of wear and tear. It would have been weather battered.

To clean to be true
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
5alive: that period wey d useless cowards dey fight for wetin dem no fit get. Abi no be d period wey dat dead agbari iku fled and hide outside d country leavin little children to die of starvation even common garri then no fit get. Abi no be dat time dat crippled unfortunate man write abt hopin dat he wud be relevant again abi no be dat time our own brain came to their rescue wit simple intelligent tactics. Now they av food on their table, they ar free to move up n down and they stil they beef.
God punnish u cowards!!!!!!!!
you really do need some brain check.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by dj187: 1:54pm On Feb 14, 2013
Now kwashiokor has taken over....smh for naija
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Olohunwa77(m): 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
I never dream of coming then.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by soledayo(m): 2:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
mutaalim: What a decent, seemly, decorous and comely billboard that the picture translate what they are advertising gone are those days

Not today where one want to advertise Engine oil, you will see a yellow ................ on the billboard i don't know the relationship btw an engine oil and a yellow..........

Regards
Thanks guy. Did you say yellow for engine oil or a half naked lady advertising engine oil. What has nudity got to do with advertising an ordinary gadget.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by shadrach77: 2:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
People who say the picture is photoshopped are silly. So because we now have photoshop software every picture is fake abi? The baby would be a full grown man by now. grin angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
Amrealphils: I miss those days wen garri was 1cup #10... winkcheesy
psst! That was in 1997 not 1967.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by crisycent: 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
The picture is too clean to have been taken in 1967....haba na u keep picture pass?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by microgiant: 2:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

That is recent. Remember my mum buying 13 cups of garri for 1 naira around 1985/86

both 30cups for #1, 1980-1983, 1cup #1, from 1993
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Mukaz: 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2013
That is when we have true leaders
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Fidelcruiz(m): 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
segunsd:

Welcome to Nigeria where babies are happy and healthy. Wow! This was the city of Lagos in 1967.

http://naijapose.com/check-out-this-1967-welcome-to-nigeria-billboard/
So whats the slogan now?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 14, 2013

10 cups of garri was #1 then. Not the other way.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by wrench: 3:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
Kay u sabi lie o
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by solomonkane(m): 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
@OP; It is a beautiful picture but your dating it as 1967 is an epic fail. SMA Baby Food wasn't that popular in the 60s' or 70s' and the quality of the black and white photography of the 80s' was far clearer than the preceding decades. I wager that this was taken either in the late 70s' or early 80s' at the Seme border (not the Camerounian border).
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by raphroye: 5:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
segunsd:

Welcome to Nigeria where babies are happy and healthy. Wow! This was the city of Lagos in 1967.

http://naijapose.com/check-out-this-1967-welcome-to-nigeria-billboard/
But this Billboard is Baby food advertisements, SMA
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by segunsd: 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
Na Laugh: That picture might as well been taken this morning. No indication of 1967 here.

Jeez! See ignorance. Could you lay your hand on a digital camera in 1967? or Do you expect SMA to write 1967 on the billboard. The picture was taken in 1967 whether you want to believe it or not. Have you seen SMA or any of its product around recently talkless of it having a billboard this morning.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by segunsd: 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
crisycent: The picture is too clean to have been taken in 1967....haba na u keep picture pass?

The picture was taken by a white. And an ex-magnum, if you know what i mean.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2013
segunsd:

Jeez! See ignorance. Could you lay your hand on a digital camera in 1967? or Do you expect SMA to write 1967 on the billboard. The picture was taken in 1967 whether you want to believe it or not. Have you seen SMA or any of its product around recently talkless of it having a billboard this morning.
show proof that its a 1967 picture na. Is it too difficult? Or we should just take your word for it?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by COOLDUN: 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2013

A bag of Garri was less than 10Naira then and not 1 cup, crosscheck your info well, that time some workers were not earning up to 10 Naira. that was when the rulers were concerned about their people , but it is the people that are concerned about their rulers now in Nigeria. As we see people who volunteered themselves as an attacking Dogs for an nonperforming government.

2 Likes

Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by COOLDUN: 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
5alive: that period wey d useless cowards dey fight for wetin dem no fit get. Abi no be d period wey dat dead agbari iku fled and hide outside d country leavin little children to die of starvation even common garri then no fit get. Abi no be dat time dat crippled unfortunate man write abt hopin dat he wud be relevant again abi no be dat time our own brain came to their rescue wit simple intelligent tactics. Now they av food on their table, they ar free to move up n down and they stil they beef.

Mad dog on the loose, please folks take cover and protect yourselves from its bites, Rabies and AIDS are real, who provoked a rabies/HIV carrying dog?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
I think this picture was taken in the 70's
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Tolexander: 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
seunny4lif: GUY,NO KILL WITH UR FAKE TRAVEL HISTORY OOOO...HOW LAGOS DEY CONNECT WITH CAMEROUN??LWKMD....
bigx:

Cameroun shares a border with lagos?
2-chains:

Guy Cameroon from Lagos ke? The map of nigeria on my google says Lagos is near Benin republic and calabar and adamawa on the other end of the country are the ones near Cameroon.
bigx:

sagytarius™:

Geography: F9
Where u even born n that
millenium?
You all believed the year the op said the board was snapped and you couldn't believe my story
Tolexander: Many of you
here don't/won't know the
billboard, of course it is
long mehn. Probably your
mother hasn't got a bra
size.
Wow! I can remember this
board was just by the
roadside when one is
about to get to cameroun
from Lagos, then smile
back at the baby and say
nigerian baby(lugard), here
i am.
Then, great grannies were
still grannies, grannies
were papas, papas were
pikin, pikins were babies,
babies were foetus while
foetus were just seminal
and follicula particles.
that means your judgement is selective and bias.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by sgsltd(m): 7:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
it looks good
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by OmoTier1(m): 7:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Shoo...

Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by pazienza(m): 9:15pm On Feb 14, 2013

Ewu. Oxygen robber.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
bigx:

NOW WE KNOW THOSE WHO WERE SLEEPING IN GEOGRAPHY CLASS
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by PENMIGHT(m): 7:03am On Feb 15, 2013
SMA baby food.... That was the toast of good old mothers then. I remember my mum(late) always delightedto tell us how we were truly fond of that healthy experience in SMA. Guess,like every other things, SMA of today is not like d old specs. Goodluck to generation yet unborn!
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Fidtad: 9:57am On Feb 15, 2013
stephenponti: That pic is a forgery
what is forgery here? Your mentality is still very low.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by showietee: 11:57am On Feb 15, 2013
[quote author=Amrealphils]I miss those days wen garri was 1cup #10... winkcheesy.. When garri was #10 isn't a long time, that was just 96,97 now.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by brianromel(m): 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
Fidelcruiz:
So whats the slogan now?

Omo Agege bread don te die.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
Tolexander:
Wow! I can remember this board was just by the roadside when one is about to get to cameroun from Lagos

I'm not claiming to know anything o!

But, I'm kinda good in Geography so I'd like to know how the bolded is possible if Lagos is on one side of the Country and the Cameroonian border is on the other? undecided
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Tolexander: 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2013
kingoflag:

I'm not claiming to know anything o!

But, I'm kinda good in Geography so I'd like to know how the bolded is possible if Lagos is on one side of the Country and the Cameroonian border is on the other? undecided
better u believe me if you believe the year the OP said the picture was snapped.
Was only playing along with the OP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Audio Leak: Wike And Fayose Mock Nigerian Army Over Rivers Rerun - Sahara R / PDP Can’t Continue With ‘imposition Of Candidates’ — David Mark / Inec Declares Victor Umeh Winner Of Anambra Central Rerun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.