Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London (6581 Views)

Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill / Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry / What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by damiso(f): 8:57am On Feb 16, 2013
Debsolat:

Apologies if it sounded condescending. I did not mean that south east london people are not real because that would mean putting everyone under the same blanket. And I was brought up in south east London. Or be like the poster who is generalising. You can go ahead and bash people because we don't agree with your opinions. Vanity and Damiso, hope apology is accepted?

Debsolat haba i really really got what you meant.And also Cottons peckham crowd.They are around me (not necessarily location wise i know some who live in Dartford grin).People who spend £30,000 on 1 yr old birthday party with complete £250 aso- ebi to boot grin.Ha i even have them as family and inlaws.Had one of such parties last week and the kids party pack can only be best imagined.Not to tarr all people with the same brush but some of these people tend to exhibhit most of the traits OP described.

Apologies accepted dear kiss
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 16, 2013
Ilekokonit: What have Naija men in London done wrong in wanting to raise a family with a Naija woman "every time they are having their morning devotional prayer as a family, if the man lingers on for too long in prayer the wife disrecpectfully tells him to cut short his prayer right in front of his kids."

If the man complains, the callous wife sneers at him right in front of the kids stating "You PHD, Me Bread Winner" reminding him that despite his PHD degree, she remains the bread winner.

But why can't this man do the devotional prayer alone in the morning and then do a family one when it is convenient for all the family. The wife might be rushing to get to work on time, the children too have to get to school on time, maybe the wife has to drop the kids off at school first before heading for work. In this case I feel the man has not shown consideration for the wife and the children. If they were living in Nigeria the woman and children would have had no choice but to wait till the husband has finished his prayers, if the wife and children do not comply they might have been dealt with.
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 16, 2013
someone disagrees with someone and it invites insults.

damiso:

Debsolat haba i really really got what you meant.And also Cottons peckham crowd.They are around me (not necessarily location wise i know some who live in Dartford grin).People who spend £30,000 on 1 yr old birthday party with complete £250 aso- ebi to boot grin.Ha i even have them as family and inlaws.Had one of such parties last week and the kids party pack can only be best imagined.Not to tarr all people with the same brush but some of these people tend to exhibhit most of the traits OP described.

Apologies accepted dear kiss

thank goodness u understood the "" when i said peckham.
PIAGET: Stfu nd go luk 4 ur baby daddy nd apologys, dirty ho like u. Tnk God 4 d op cos i jus read ur thread.
Preety sn ur newly trapd dummy wil discover wat a foul-mouthed bi*ch u r nd dump u as wel. Dirty single mum, Ur so disgusting wit ur cotton wool brain, Eediot!

the internet is really a leveler grin

1 Like

Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 16, 2013
Nawaoohh!!!
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
OP I honestly pity you. You generalize and dramatize, but what about the other sex. What about womanizing men, who will use the body and heart of a woman to throw it away. To blame women alone for society's problem is immature at best. There two sides to a coin. I would suggest you look at the downfalls of both men and women then make a hypothesis. Look at the situation for what it is, not at how you want it to be. Is there really something wrong with a woman to empower herself? Look at many strong men in power and notice how strong their wives are. The love of money is the root of evil. A couple who places money above all creates these horrible things. A man must insist that his home places God above all. That means he must search for a wife with the same morals. If he tries to wine and dine a lady and then laments that she materialistic who is to blame?

2 Likes

Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by SensualMan: 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ilekekonit hz finally subdued nd relegated all doz family section cabal women 2 viewers, HEHEHEHE none is willing 2 throw tantrums 2 avoid havin dia past dug up by inspector ilekekonit,
c.ome wat may am lovin ds dude.
Ride on bro,
Smh 4 9ja women, they ain't worthit.
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
Sensual Man: Ilekekonit hz finally subdued nd relegated all doz family section cabal women 2 viewers, HEHEHEHE none is willing 2 throw tantrums 2 avoid havin dia past dug up by inspector ilekekonit,
c.ome wat may am lovin ds dude.
Ride on bro,
Smh 4 9ja women, they ain't worthit.

I'm not Nigerian, not even African, but seeing Nigerian men speak this way about the women who birthed and raised them. It makes you sound even less appealing to us foreign women. We are already instructed by older family members, teachers and law enforcement that naija men are fraudsters and serial womanizers and seed sowers, but now you are showing us that you don't even respect your own women. Look no matter how materialistic and independent naija seem to be, it wasn't because they were happy in their situations. Many of my naija sisters and friends stories of expectations of being selfless hard working to please an often cheater of a man. I mean do you blame them for wanting to mess the establishment?

Btw, if you men are really the head and superior to women then lead by example. Change your ways and inspire your families to follow suit...

7 Likes

Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by cibilola(f): 1:06am On Feb 18, 2013
@ sensual man, I hope it's not a Nigerian woman that gave birth to you. With a behaviour like yours she is probably cursing the day you were born. You are a disgrace to Nigerians. Hurry along to your gf, hopefully she will be able to tolerate your rubbish. Poor girl blinded by lust. . .

@poster, I can only say you should go slow on the generalising and quit taking panadol for another person's headache. And you digging around people's old post, what's the deal with that? Invest your time wisely.

2 Likes

Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
cool
agiboma: Well OP looks to me like you want someone you can control and play around like a ball, someone that harkens to your every beckon call. Well you should marry a Nigerian lady and keep her in Nigeria ooo, dont let her come to the developed world so she learns about women rights and empowerment Im afraid that will foil your plans for the puppet aka wife you want to keep in your home.You ever heard the saying, When in Rome you do like the Romans.

I'm as Western as any Nigerian man can get, but I can still see where the OP's coming from. There are two things not to be confused - control and respect. Regardless of who the breadwinner is, the man remains the head of the family. There are ways a wife can correct mistakes her husband makes, without putting him down, and definitely not in the presence of their children.

Yes, Nigeria may not be a developed country, but that doesn't mean once Nigerians settle in the West, their traditions and family / cultural values are left at MMA to die. I was born and raised mostly in the UK, but I still remain a Nigerian at heart, with Nigerian values combined with a smattering of Western influence. My children will be brought up with traditional values, that imbibe respect. Not running wild like their Caucasean counterparts, who would cheerfully tell their father to f*ck off, just because he wouldn't allow them to smoke pot or attend a late night party.

Just because a Nigerian woman moves to the West doesn't mean she loses all sense of reason or decency. Neither does it mean a Nigerian husband who demands respect which will instill discipline in their children, and stand them in good stead, is an ogre or control freak.

So yeah, I may be British, but I still maintain my "Browness", which I'm very proud of. cool

3 Likes

Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by damiso(f): 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
Mr Siena,very well said and i agree with most of the points you raised cos i and my husband share most of those values.It takes alot though as a woman to hold onto to some of those values if the Man wants to adopt the traditional hard stance while still wanting the woman to be an equal financial contributor.

That said i am.a strong advocate of a loved woman will definitely have no problems submitting(there are rare cases though).Me i dont even want to be the head tongue,i am ok being the neck that turns the head cool.
I live in London and i kinda get the picture he was trying to paint thought there was a tad bit of over generalisation going on.

OP though could have done without the insults and personal attacks,so not necessary.
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by coogar: 12:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
damiso: Mr Siena,very well said and i agree with most of the points you raised cos i and my husband share most of those values.It takes alot though as a woman to hold onto to some of those values if the Man wants to adopt the traditional hard stance while still wanting the woman to be an equal financial contributor.

That said i am.a strong advocate of a loved woman will definitely have no problems submitting(there are rare cases though).Me i dont even want to be the head tongue,i am ok being the neck that turns the head cool.
I live in London and i kinda get the picture he was trying to paint thought there was a tad bit of over generalisation going on.

OP though could have done without the insults and personal attacks,so not necessary.

lol @ neck turning the head.
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Dipwater(m): 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
@op its everywhere jor,not only in london.I understand what the op is talking about.the attitude of wanting to be the head culd be as a result of low self esteem(talking to both males and females).once their is gud understanding and communication in the family ,they will suerly handle their differences with maturity.

Op abeg why the unnecessary long insults.u are derailing ur wonderful thread ,let them be jor,u can fight everybody on the internet.

On the area of women having equal rights with the men ,I am not against ,even animals shuld be treated well.

To the silly naija women I repeat to the silly naija women(bcuz of people wey no dey too understand) women liberation is not all about throwing insults and disrespecting ur husbands. It about breaking out or fighting the inhuman treatment giving to women .like equal right ,wife battering,useless customs that hold women in captivity eg drinking of the late husbands bath water just to prove she didn't kill him,tc

So girls take note
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
@sensual man, you have issues. No I'm not naija, I'm the offspring of your supposed blessed union. Yes, my mother is Punjabi and my dad black Jamaican. So, I can tell you first hand your wife's family will never accept you. We are good mannered and never will be rude to your face especially if you can provide for her. however, she will be put into a lower place in the family because of the choice she made. Indian women are submissive mainly because our culture dictates such, and because if we protest we're often raped by 6 men on a bus getting our intestines pulled out by pipe and left for dead on the road. I am proud of my curves, thick thighs, straight nose and curly hair. I can almost guarantee that you cannot ride with a champ like me. I'm probably too educated, too successful, too prayerful for your chauvinist self. You probably can't fathom a woman who's proud of the struggles she faces in a racially charged workforce to go home and put it down like it no ones business. It's ok, I don't want you, you're probably not strong enough to deal with me. Probably can't handle an intelligent conversation or get down on your knees and pray with me. I've got my oba on deck and he pushes me to be my best at ALL times. There are great naija men out there just not you.

1 Like

Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
Ujujoan:
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Oga S don vex oh . . . cheesy

Abeg my sister, Siena no dey vex o - I just dey talk true na! cheesy
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
And one more thing, piting women against women is wrong. We are all mothers, sisters, wives. We are a prize to be won through respect, love and attention. We should concentrate on being our bests, always open to be used by God. We do not need to be rude to get what we want and need, we also need not be shy to say what is on our mind. A strong woman can make a man feel her pain through words and actions that do not disrespect him. A strong woman refuses to be unequally yoked. We will not subject ourselves to the whims of men in a bid to be chosen. If a man cannot respect his mother or the people he comes from, he will never respect you. If a man will not push you to greatness, he can never be great. If a man cannot receive chastisement from his wife, he will never grow. Men you need to understand iron sharpens iron. I'm only as good as the person standing beside me.
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Mftivi: 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
agiboma: @25 the only "clogged up mind" is your's.

the above is not even worthy of a response.

You can join the OP's senseless pity party, its because they chased you off the other thread you decided to come on this one to start something?
i doubt u can make a peaceful home
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by ziccoit: 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
Siena: cool

I'm as Western as any Nigerian man can get, but I can still see where the OP's coming from. There are two things not to be confused - control and respect. Regardless of who the breadwinner is, the man remains the head of the family. There are ways a wife can correct mistakes her husband makes, without putting him down, and definitely not in the presence of their children.

Yes, Nigeria may not be a developed country, but that doesn't mean once Nigerians settle in the West, their traditions and family / cultural values are left at MMA to die. I was born and raised mostly in the UK, but I still remain a Nigerian at heart, with Nigerian values combined with a smattering of Western influence. My children will be brought up with traditional values, that imbibe respect. Not running wild like their Caucasean counterparts, who would cheerfully tell their father to f*ck off, just because he wouldn't allow them to smoke pot or attend a late night party.

Just because a Nigerian woman moves to the West doesn't mean shge loses all sense of reason or decency. Neither does it mean a Nigerian husband who demands respect which will instill discipline in their children, and stand them in good stead, is an ogre or control freak.

So yeah, I may be British, but I still maintain my "Browness", which I'm very proud of. cool

I'm like seeing and hugging you for this write up. I have been following you for sometimes now. You are just brilliant.
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
Agiboma, my apologies. I shouldn't have attacked you and your family, regardless of provocation.

3 Likes

Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
@sensual man, I won't respond after this. But you mustn't be that smart. Oddly you insult me for being the offspring of your amazing union, because I'm not NAIJA but you write that Nigerian women aren't worth it. I'll let you think about that. I might be oyibo but anyone with sense know you areobviously self loathing to a certain degree
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
Oga Siena? CHALAY!!! cool down abeg o!

how are you and ur beautiful daughters and yummy mummy wife of yours?

na wah o cool down for agi - sometimes people say things on NL due to stuff going on elsewhere - chill for her abeg.
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by slimyem: 11:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
The Siena responding on this thread is not the Siena i know..undecided
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
@ Siena ; Oga! Take am easy. I never knew U̶̲̥̅̊ could be this pissed!!! Due to the level of anonymity provided on this forum, trolling is bound to be an issue. Ignore that woman - that's the best U̶̲̥̅̊ can do
Sir.
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 19, 2013
slimyem: The Siena responding on this thread is not the Siena i know..undecided

Slim, you'll never know, hee hee hee. grin
Re: The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 19, 2013
is it pregnancy thats causing this - just ignore him - why all these childish insults, if he really isn't in ur class ur not doing a good job showing it.

tone it down, abeg.

i'm not the type to go and start digging up old posts (life is too busy for that) BUT i do remember you asking for a pre-teen househelp before you were corrected. locals or not if you were brought up in the west you should know better. my 2 cents - there is no need for all this fighting on NL.

2 young men were shot and stabbed in London this weekend - there are bigger things going on in the world than who said what when

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? / Am Helpless ===i Need Help From All My Sis And Bros==== / Pregnant 20 Year Old In A Polyamorous Relationship: To Raise Baby With 4 Dads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.