Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

What Is Your Definition Of Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Your Definition Of Love? (618 Views)

What Your Definition For Sexy? / Your Definition Of A Wife Material / What's Your Definition Of A Good Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Definition Of Love? by mayrie1(f): 9:41am On Feb 15, 2013
According to you, how do you define love?

Is love to you just about the sex and the sweet tingling feeling?

Love defined by Louis de Bernières in Corelli’s Mandolin:

Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to mate every second minute of the day, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. No, don’t blush, I am telling you some truths. That is just being “in love”, which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Popowaa: 2:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
Love to me is sharing,been there alwz for me and appreciating my imperfections.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
Love is the candid expression of deep affection one has towards another.
It is evident in giving,tolerating,forgiving,compromising,and appreciating.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Popowaa: 4:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
A very good definition
binger: Love is the candid expression of deep affection one has towards another.
It is evident in giving,tolerating,forgiving,compromising,and appreciating.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Popowaa: A very good definition
thank u dear smiley
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by greedie1(f): 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
may.rie:
Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to mate every second minute of the day, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. No, don’t blush, I am telling you some truths. That is just being “in love”, which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.

on point

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by penzino(m): 8:31am On Feb 16, 2013
Love is a CHOICE!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Crisnite(m): 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
True to my belief.......Love is a DECISION.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

That Is The Woman/man I Would Have Settle-down With Or Married / What's Ur Lover's Best Song? / How To Propose Her Like A Gentleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.