Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:27 PM

Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! (11631 Views)

Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids / 10 REALLY Annoying Things Parents Say To Teens / Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 19, 2013
Hell fire !!!!

1 Like

Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by abiL(f): 12:13am On Feb 19, 2013
"Just wait until your dad gets back!"

3 Likes

Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by sophy09: 12:13am On Feb 19, 2013
They scared me a lot when I was young. My mum told me if i eat too much sugar, there is this ant that will grow on the lower part of my buttocks. She said the ant is red and it is only through surgery it can be removed. Another one is my grandmother, she said we are not look outside at night that there is a human-like bird that appears.
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by IzyLuv(f): 12:19am On Feb 19, 2013
Imanuelle: At the mention of Ojuju... Every child must behave...*
But i think ojuju worked for us.. 'Ajekpako'

I'm sure rich kids would believe superman and spiderman would save them from ojuju, maybe that's why them punishment no dey pass to face d wall

kai! Lwkm...i haff craze ooooooo
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by MadCow1: 12:22am On Feb 19, 2013
Our German Shepherd butch... Mean vicious dog.

I killed it when I was 9 years old.. I respected Otapiapia from an early age.. Pour two bottles in a bowl of water and your Dog act a fool ........... I blame his death on my folks.

RIP Butch.
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 19, 2013
IzyLuv:

kai! Lwkm...i haff craze ooooooo

U have majek fashek?
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by jaijay(m): 12:56am On Feb 19, 2013
Mummy: wia is dat video cord!....omo mehn! Anytin u want me I'll humbly do wit tank u sef join 4 u..Lwkmd
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by BarryX(m): 1:22am On Feb 19, 2013
mum would just have to call my name in a long high-pitched tone , " would call the police for you" was a classic in my street then!
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 19, 2013
I use Police to scare my nephews n nieces, u see children knws dat police is neva our friend.
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by greatgod2012(f): 1:50am On Feb 19, 2013
During my own time, my mum used God to scare us with, "if we misbehave, God will take us to him and we wont be able to see her again", and since we couldnt afford not to see her, we fall back on track on hearing that.

For me, there is a man in 3rd building after our house who has very long bead and d wife "eleha" always in black gown with her face covered, my kids get scared on sighting any of d couple, so, anytime they misbehave, i scare them with taking them to this couple's house, and immediately, they fall back on track.

Kids sha, this couple are wonderful pple, but their appearances scare my kids die.

1 Like

Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Nobody: 2:08am On Feb 19, 2013
We go call Willy willy make he come catch you now if you do anyhow.Any AREA go understand wetin i yann

1 Like

Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by EiE1(f): 2:28am On Feb 19, 2013
chinnyonwu: Ojuju calabar

And i hav started using it for my own 2yr plus son too. On hearin it he scampers for safety and behave, sharply.
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Wapgod(m): 2:33am On Feb 19, 2013
Check out the Newest and raining nigerian social network
http://amebo.nstars.org
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by MEILYN(m): 2:44am On Feb 19, 2013
Scobby Doo Ghost..................Wen i was little i was afraid of Obasanjo's face so my mum used to tell me 'oya lets go and see obansanjo' nobody go tell me make i behave
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by gumzee(f): 2:49am On Feb 19, 2013
Imanuelle:

I love that fruit like crazy!

@OP
Personally, it was d wOoden cane behind my father's seat.

Even when i cut my eyelash and hair and place it on his seat, or wen i tie 2 leaves from a coconut tree, midnight still gets horrible.
lolzzzzzzz
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Nobody: 2:49am On Feb 19, 2013
popsy always told me not to look at girls at all during work or academic pursuit, else they will either jam or at worst PADLOCK your brain.
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by jaijay(m): 2:57am On Feb 19, 2013
MEILYN: Scobby Doo Ghost..................Wen i was little i was afraid of Obasanjo's face so my mum used to tell me 'oya lets go and see obansanjo' nobody go tell me make i behave
Ajeh Butter!! U don 4get ghost busterz....Lolz
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by agohavivi(f): 4:12am On Feb 19, 2013
My mum used to tell us that if you break a television, a certain poisonous smoke/gas would be released and outrightly kill everyone âround. If she hadn't told us this, I'm sure one of my sibling would have broken the TV screen because we were always threatening to break the TV whenever there was a programme we didn't like on air. Fastforward to recent time, an old TV in my house that was parked away accidentally got broken and my mind spun back to what what my mum used to tell us years back. That day I laughed so much that my maid who broke it had a look of "maybe my madam has gone mad".
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Richy4(m): 5:42am On Feb 19, 2013
I remembered my grandmother telling my elder sister that "If a man touch you,u will be pregnant". I don't know if that kind of word is still mentioned nowadays. cheesy
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Tolexander: 6:14am On Feb 19, 2013
Motijelo: @ Tolexander

Lol. My own na to turn the Jesus-face picture to face wall so that he no go see wetin I dey do. Wen I finish my mission, I go com turn am back.

Hahaha. Kai... Small pikin mind
lol. What a crazy and smart gurl!
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Meklex(m): 6:50am On Feb 19, 2013
I was adorable as a kid, but recently I started misbehaving, my father would threaten me with my education. I love education.
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Theloveth(m): 7:04am On Feb 19, 2013
Wapgod: Check out the Newest and raining nigerian social network
http://amebo.nstars.org
This ur gbagaun 'rain' no be small.
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Theloveth(m): 7:07am On Feb 19, 2013
Notin scares me except my papa cane/wire.He doesnt like to beat me doe
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by vanstanzy(m): 7:11am On Feb 19, 2013
Tell them a tale of the ghost movie, willie willie.
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by bestinfoso(m): 7:20am On Feb 19, 2013
If you go near train when its moving, it will magnet you.
Then if we just here a loud horn, be it train or not oh boy we go pick race.
BUT Two thing always scare us even from our childhood till the old age, that is DEATH & HELL FIRE.
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by DonTim1: 7:29am On Feb 19, 2013
Willie willie
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by bestinfoso(m): 7:38am On Feb 19, 2013
If you mistakenly swallow a fruit seed like orange and udara seed, it will grow from your stomach out to your mouth. oh boy the stuff dey scare us die imagining how u wil be walking around with tree grow in you
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by fankasibe: 8:03am On Feb 19, 2013
My elder brother once told me dat if i swellow orange seed that it will grow big tree inside my stomach and i wil die.....
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by micsade(f): 8:22am On Feb 19, 2013
alpha conde: My dad once skinned a rat for practicals and while we watched him he said whenever we disobeyed him he was going to skin us alive. Mhen how can I disobey him? I just can't.
Na real wa for your dad ooh grin

Mine was just "if I beat you ehn..." Nothing follows after that
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Babamide(m): 8:23am On Feb 19, 2013
abiL: "Just wait until your dad gets back!"
My dad worked in lagos and only came home during the weekend. That singular statement had the power to ruin my entire week
Re: Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by dulphines: 9:08am On Feb 19, 2013
iamswizz: pls what are you saying?

Read the comment carefully, i guess you'll comprehend the message.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Advise! Heavy Menstrual Period!!! / Why Are You Still Married? / Advise Needed For A Young Man About Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.