Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,899 members, 7,956,397 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:09 AM

6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police (9033 Views)

Eight Oil Workers Kidnapped In Nigeria: Again! / Three Foreign Oil Workers Kidnapped In Port Harcourt / Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by oilsuop: 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
Nigeria foreign workers abducted in Bauchi state - police

**Italian, Lebanese, British Govt is yet to confirm the British National(s) among those kidnapped.
**Italian foreign ministry have confirmed the abduction of their citizen in Nigeria.

At least six construction workers, some of them foreigners, have been seized by gunmen who attacked a camp in northern Nigeria, officials say.

One of the workers seized was Italian and at least one other was said to be Lebanese.

But UK officials could not confirm a report that another was British.

No-one has admitted the abductions but the Islamist militant group, Boko Haram, has staged a series of attacks in northern Nigeria.

A security guard was reportedly killed as the attackers targeted the workers' camp at Jamaare in Bauchi state.

According to an Associated Press report, as many as seven foreign workers were seized.

One local official told AP the workers were from the UK, Italy, Greece and Lebanon.

An Italian foreign ministry spokesman told Reuters news agency that an Italian man was among the workers who had been taken from the site, run by Lebanese-owned firm Setraco.

A UK foreign office spokesman said it was investigating reports of a Briton being kidnapped. - BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21491628

Nigeria gunmen kidnap foreign workers, police claim

Gunmen in northern Nigeria have attacked a camp belonging to a construction company, killing a guard and kidnapping seven foreign workers from Britain, Greece, Italy and Lebanon, according to local authorities.

The raid, which resulted in the biggest kidnapping yet in a region under attack by Islamic extremists, happened on Saturday night in Jama're, a town in a rural part of Bauchi state. Gunmen first attacked a local prison, burning two police trucks, said Bauchi state police spokesman Hassan Muhammed.

They then targeted a worker's camp for construction company Setraco, which is in the area building a road, Muhammed said. The gunmen shot dead a guard before kidnapping the foreign workers, he added.

Adamu Aliyu, the chairman of the local government, identified those kidnapped as one British citizen, one Greek, one Italian and four Lebanese.

Britain's Foreign Office said it was looking into reports that a UK national had been kidnapped.

Nigeria's predominantly Muslim north has been under attack by the radical Islamic sect Boko Haram in the past year and a half. The country's weak central government has been unable to stop the group's bloody guerrilla campaign of shootings and bombings. The sect is blamed for killing at least 729 people in 2012 alone.

Foreigners, long abducted by militant groups and criminal gangs for ransom in Nigeria's oil-rich southern delta, have become increasingly targeted in the north of the country as the violence has grown.

In May, gunmen in Kaduna state shot and killed a Lebanese and a Nigerian construction worker, while kidnapping another Lebanese employee. Later that month, kidnappers shot a German hostage dead during a rescue operation. Gunmen who authorities say have links to Boko Haram also kidnapped an Italian and a British man last year in northern Kebbi state who were later killed during a rescue operation by Nigerian soldiers backed up by British special forces. The sect later denied taking part in that abduction.

Chinese construction workers also have been killed by gunmen around Maiduguri, the north-eastern city in Nigeria where Boko Haram first began.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/17/nigeria-gunmen-kidnap-foreign-workers
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Blyss: 2:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
oil suop:
**Italian, Lebanese, British Govt is yet to confirm the British National(s) among those kidnapped.
**Italian foreign ministry have confirmed the abduction of their citizen in Nigeria.

At least six construction workers, some of them foreigners, have been seized by gunmen who attacked a camp in northern Nigeria, officials say.

One of the workers seized was Italian and at least one other was said to be Lebanese.

But UK officials could not confirm a report that another was British.

No-one has admitted the abductions but the Islamist militant group, Boko Haram, has staged a series of attacks in northern Nigeria.

A security guard was reportedly killed as the attackers targeted the workers' camp at Jamaare in Bauchi state.

According to an Associated Press report, as many as seven foreign workers were seized.

One local official told AP the workers were from the UK, Italy, Greece and Lebanon.

An Italian foreign ministry spokesman told Reuters news agency that an Italian man was among the workers who had been taken from the site, run by Lebanese-owned firm Setraco.

A UK foreign office spokesman said it was investigating reports of a Briton being kidnapped. - BBC.

Humm, at this rate.. it wont be long now before the drones start dropping bombs up there. Obviously the Nigerian military is in too piss poor of shape to handle these savages, and as is usually the case in Africa; it's gonna take their colonial white masters to come and eventually handle it for them. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by obowunmi(m): 2:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
what the phuck are these whites doing in Naija - I have no sympathy for them. Do they think that they are invincible? mtcheew, rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by vanbonattel: 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
Na waoh
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by seanet01: 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2013
Obowunmi those people must chop now.
Some of them are not worth employing in their country.
Is it every Briton that can compete against me in my field?
Very infinitesimal if not none.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by confusion247(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
This is a welcomed development at least it will fast tract the coming of drones.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by gramci: 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2013
You kill doctors, you kidnap workers, am sure these abokis are very desperate to revert North back to stone ages

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by ozodimgba(m): 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
What?
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by fankasibe: 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
e be like sey money dey for this business o.......
This is the end result of Corruption in My BELOVED country. smiley smiley
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by lacasa: 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
This kidnapping business is getting way out of hand.

Any Kidnapper caught should be shot point-blank

angry
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Burger01(m): 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
Those foreigners were given traveling warning alerts to volatile northern region of Nigeria!!! What were they after in the north that could be that important than their freaking lives?.. Now, international communities would have excuses to put Nigeria in the bad light of the world... C'mon!!!
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by shynar24(m): 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
I taught dey train sme soldier against terorist atack? O sory nt 4 kidnaping.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by otokx(m): 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
What were they doing there?
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by condralbede(m): 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
obowunmi: what the phuck are these whites doing in Naija - I have no sympathy for them. Do they think that they are invincible? mtcheew, rubbish.
U mean north east of Nigeria?
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by ndala(m): 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
What is naija turning to? cry
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Bluemosquito(m): 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
Again?
No matter the odds, i think and strongly think the president should declare state of emergency on the voilence prone northern states, deploy over 30,000 troops over there, declare curfew, start a house to house search 4 boko haram and kinappers, execute them on sight, massacre their affiliates!! This would go a long way to sent a message to al-queada! "that we dont negotiate with terrorist".

4 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by MadCow1: 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
Wonderful things...

6 Oyinbos.. Bail of 50 million per head.. See hammer.

I know been sabi say Boko boys don involved for Niger Delta business.

Anyways, sorry for the Oyinbos involved, na so their people been dey carry us those days dey sell us too.. #Karma..

4 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by livethinme: 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
obowunmi: what the phuck are these whites doing in Naija - I have no sympathy for them. Do they think that they are invincible? mtcheew, rubbish.

See foolishman.

You know they were working for a foreign company. So Nja should have no foreign companies and no foreign workers abi? foolishman

Also since when were Lebanese ppl white? kmt foolishman

1 Like

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by emmabest2000(m): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
Eh.. Eh.. Eh.. or ka uwa si adi ? egwu uwa atugbue num amandi ana eze

2 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by tchaik(m): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mad Cow: Wonderful things...

6 Oyinbos.. Bail of 50 million per head.. See hammer.

I know been sabi say Boko boys don involved for Niger Delta business.

Anyways, sorry for the Oyinbos involved, na so their people been dey carry us those days dey sell us too.. #Karma..

Really MAD #wéyray

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by watchindelta(m): 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
kidnapin everywhere smh dam.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by vb0mb(m): 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
These guy are too sturborn, they are aware situation in the north yet they decide go there. May thier souls rest in peace in advance. Talking from experience.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
I hope they wont be killed before they're released
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
Kai!In 9ja,the name 'North' portends insecurity.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
Double post.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by GARRIx7(m): 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
No food for the POOR!!!

No Sleep for the RICH!!!!

Water wen touch PRICK, touch BLOKOS too!!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by fittty(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
How much is the ransom
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by GARRIx7(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
binger: Kai! The name 'North' portends insecurity.

Wrong!!!

The Name, "NIGERIA" is‎​ now synonymous with Insecurity..

Tell me where is‎​ safe in Naija??
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by patanjaly: 5:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
I don't know what this europeans are doing in this part of north just of recent korean doctor where slaugthered in near by town. With nigeria in mali u dont need nostradamus or t.b joshua to tell you those terrorist will retaliate by killing any foreigner (so i dont pity them they had it coming). As for boko haram states just bid farewell to road const. N other infrasture dev.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Wrong!!!

The Name, "NIGERIA" is‎​ now synonymous with Insecurity..

Tell me where is‎​ safe in Naija??
Inside my room
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by livethinme: 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
patanjaly: I don't know what this europeans are doing in this part of north just of recent korean doctor where slaugthered in near by town. With nigeria in mali u dont need nostradamus or t.b joshua to tell you those terrorist will retaliate by killing any foreigner (so i dont pity them they had it coming). As for boko haram states just bid farewell to road const. N other infrasture dev.
You know there are organisations like doctors without borders that sends doctors to various places to aid with the administration of healthcare. Some of these doctors know that these places arent the safest but go anyways because of I guess a sense of duty.
btw I dunno why nigerians always see this as Europeans..u do realise that there are many Asians in nja as well?

1 Like

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
livethinme:

See foolishman.

You know they were working for a foreign company. So Nja should have no foreign companies and no foreign workers abi? foolishman

Also since when were Lebanese ppl white? kmt foolishman
haha foolishman

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inibehe Effiong: Count Senator Akpabio Out Of Your Phantom Assassination Plot / How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country / Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.