Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. (83840 Views)

Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
obemuovwo:
NO MIND ME, I BE ISOKO BOY BACK AND FRONT BUT I NO WON FUCKUP FOR CHURCH ON SUNDAY, I GET PRAYING TO MAKE IN ISOKO AND I WANT CONFIRMED ISOKO PEOPLE SO HERE MAKE THEM TRANSLATE THIS PRAYER::::::
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LET US PRAY FOR THE SPIRIT OF THANKSGIVING:
Lord grant us a selfless mind, to be able to say thank you in all situation that we find ourselves in Jesus name,
when thing go on well for us and when it seem things are not the way we want them to be, f
or you said, everything work together for good for those who love the Lord,
remove a complaint heart from us,
grant us the grace to know that it is only when we are thankful in little things that we can be granted great things through christ our Lord.
let me try

MA LE OLE EZI AKPEWE
Oghene ke omai udu avavo Ogbor, no ma je be se tano Doo ve vai etinena no mai rue omamai na !

to be continued grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2015
BarryX:
let me try

MA LE OLE EZI AKPEWE
Oghene ke omai udu avavo Ogbor, no ma je be se tano Doo ve vai etinena no mai rue omamai na !

to be continued grin grin grin grin grin

Lol!

No cheating, Barry. grin grin

Compliments of the season, iniove me.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by eripecs(f): 2:49pm On Dec 23, 2015
This thread is moving. I throw way salute oh. Isoko wadooo
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 8:52am On Dec 26, 2015
Seasons greetings my people!

Pls oh, I've been searching for an Isoko movie to watch for a while. I love my movies being absolutely traditional. Epic movies are my preference. The closest I've got are Epic Urhobo movies.

Don't we have any Isoko movies at all? Abeg someone advice. BarryX, Akposy, Cococandy, everyone else - your input pls..
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 9:52am On Dec 26, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol!

No cheating, Barry. grin grin

Compliments of the season, iniove me.
Compliments !!! Any Ukodo for the Xmas?
grin grin grin
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 9:57am On Dec 26, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Pls oh, I've been searching for an Isoko movie to watch for a while. I love my movies being absolutely traditional. Epic movies are my preference. The closest I've got are Epic Urhobo movies.

Don't we have any Isoko movies at all? Abeg someone advice. BarryX, Akposy, Cococandy, everyone else - your input pls..
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2015
EfemenaXY:

That should really be a cause for concern ooo. I have not seen any Isoko movie at all oo

Where is our Isokowood? wink

Let me make some enquiries and I will get back, I have lot of folks home for the Xmas as work no gree allow me travel to see nana embarassed
maybe they can get me something to sharpen my Isokoness cool
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:02am On Dec 26, 2015
BarryX:
Compliments !!! Any Ukodo for the Xmas?
grin grin grin

Haha! Same to you, my brother.

I haven't eaten that for a loooooong while. I need to buy scent leaves for it. smiley
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:05am On Dec 26, 2015
BarryX:
That should really be a cause for concern ooo. I have not seen any Isoko movie at all oo

Where is our Isokowood? wink

Let me make some enquiries and I will get back, I have lot of folks home for the Xmas as work no gree allow me travel to see nana embarassed
maybe they can get me something to sharpen my Isokoness cool

Lol! Pls let me know if you find anything.

Speak to your dad's right hand man (you know what I mean).

I think I was born 300 years too late. sad

1 Like

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 10:09am On Dec 26, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I haven't eaten that for a loooooong while. I need to buy scent leaves for it. smiley
I just know how to eat it, #MyBad

grin. Chai!!

I miss my #XmasUkodo
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2015
Lol!
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 10:16am On Dec 26, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol! Pls let me know if you find anything.

Speak to your dad's right hand man (you know what I mean).

I think I was born 300 years too late. sad

Hahaha!! Don't worry Efe, You were born at the right time grin.

My Dad will definitely know somebody that knows someone that knows the movies. #FingersCrossed. I even intend uploading it (if found) on Youtube, hope copyright issues won't arise though!

I no dey for wahala wink

1 Like

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:29am On Dec 26, 2015
BarryX:

Hahaha!! Don't worry Efe, You were born at the right time grin.

My Dad will definitely know somebody that knows someone that knows the movies. #FingersCrossed. I even intend uploading it (if found) on Youtube, hope copyright issues won't arise though!

I no dey for wahala wink

I just want to know more about our culture pure and undiluted. And not being told Isoko and Urhobos are "one".

We are not Urhobo - but what makes us distinct from them apart from the language? We hardly have any written records of our particular traditional nuances. The closest I've seen (apart from Ikime's write ups) are a few personal accounts from the British - pre colonial era.

Do we still have elderly "Groits" or Oral historians?? embarassed

All we seem to do is make concerted efforts to do away with or traditions whilst daftly embracing Christianity. Are we Jews now??

Just check out the numerous Epic Igbo movies online - a people soooooo proud of their culture. What do we have?

2 Likes

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 11:34am On Dec 26, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I just want to know more about our culture pure and undiluted. And not being told Isoko and Urhobos are "one".

We are not Urhobo - but what makes us distinct from them apart from the language? We hardly have any written records of our particular traditional nuances. The closest I've seen (apart from Ikime's write ups) are a few personal accounts from the British - pre colonial era.

Do we still have elderly "Groits" or Oral historians?? embarassed

All we seem to do is make concerted efforts to do away with or traditions whilst daftly embracing Christianity. Are we Jews now??

Just check out the numerous Epic Igbo movies online - a people soooooo proud of their culture. What do we have?

We are not Urhobo for a fact but the truth be told, from the scanty pamphlets of archived history that we have read so far. It seem to suggest somewhat that, the clamour for the Isoko nation in the 50's has some apparent political marginalisation undertone probably because of the Urhobos predatory influence on us lipsrsealed

Our culture also is sort of "merged" and "heavily influenced". Because almost every community in Isoko have a unique settler. We have some that were claimed to be settled by Igbos hunters, others by the Bini. Seriously, i see no reason why every little community In Isoko Kingdom should have a king, that is not answerable to anybody like Baales to the Obas in the Odua context.

The Origin of Isoko itself as a people tends to be very political (I can very wrong though) and not entirely "cultural". hence the cultural lapses and the Urhobo hegemony. It is now left for us as a people to clearly define a culture totally unique to us (nuances, traditions, rites etc) that we can be proud of. The Urhobos have done a tiny bit in that regard, The Isokos should step up and set a cultural standard for the Urhobos to emulate and not the other way round. smiley

====================

Our history starts now though not the 17th century , because i doubt if that really existed, apart from the whiteman's account of their expeditions. Ikime only documented the few orals history he can lay his hands on at the time.

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by cococandy(f): 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
I have no idea.
Do they make movies isoko language?

EfemenaXY:

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Akposy(m): 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I have only seen urhobo movies
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Akposy(m): 7:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Ukodo for Christmas

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by britiko: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
Akposy:

Ukodo for Christmas

Yummy. I love ukodo.
But with goat meat

1 Like

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by luckysay(m): 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2016
I am Warri Eriarie Victor. I say thank you to whoever started this forum. I am an Isoko man from both parents. I am privileged to be born by a father that had love of teaching Isoko. Late Evang. Isaac Warri. The first man to open an institute of Isoko language and culture in Isoko land of Oleh. He wrote many books on the learning and reading of Isoko language. For those of you who wish to learn the language, we have them so many in stock. I wish to place them on net to enable easy access. We have films in Isoko. The language have been greatly improved over the years. Isoko bible was the 12th bible translated into local language in Nigeria.
There are history books of Isoko. A popular one by Prof. Obaro Ikime titled; "the isoko people of nigeria" is available for those with interest of isoko history.
I want to correct someone in this forum who said Igbide is from Igbo land. No. The people of Igbide left Benin city on a sujourn in Igbo land, they later left there with some Igbos associate and some Igbo servants and slave to their present Igbide in Isoko land. Please try to confirm this fact very well.
Apart from Erhowa, a clan in Isoko that is believed to have been in their present location as long as time, all other Isoko and Urhobo clans are directly or indirectly decents from Benin. Erowha have a dialet different from all other Isoko language and only understood by themselves and speak Isoko as a second language.
Isoko is a great nation. The Niger Delta christian styled dance and songs are originated from Isoko by a great man of God called Adam Igbudu. You can search him on net. Their are a lots of prominent Isokos in delta state. The first legislative representative in Delta state during the Western Region, Otobo is from Isoko. The first professor of history in Delta state, prof Obaro Ikime is from Isoko. The first indigenous catholic bishop of Warri diocese is an Isoko man. The first Deltan to attempt contesting Presidency in Nigeria, Ubeku, is Isoko, to mention a few.
Be proud to be an isokian. That's where the Holy Bible decended from heaven in Araya Isoko South LGA. Check the facts online.
For more info on Isoko, check on Aziakpono Institute of Isoko Language and Culture. Oleh.
Reach me on 08061342770.warrievictor@yahoo.com, misterwaffevents@gmail.com. Fb on WARRI ERIARIE VICTOR
Thanks a lot.

4 Likes

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by luckysay(m): 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
There are a lots of Isoko movies presently. There is even this Jesus movie transcribe in Isoko. As in jesus and all the actors speaking Isoko. You can get Isoko movies in Oleh, around Nyaga Market junction and also in Ozoro.
They are also available in some stores in Warri and Ughelli.
There is a film academy in Ozoro wish awards diplomas. Government owned and approved.
We really need to publicise and advertise Isoko.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:22am On Feb 13, 2016
Nice one, Lucksay.

I'm especially interested in our pre-colonial traditions i.e: before the introduction of Christianity. Same thing for our movies...something that truly and uniquely identifies us as a people.

Are any of these movies online? What are their titles?
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
Quiet thread.

Where are Barryx and Ahnie?

I want to watch an Isoko movie online. undecided undecided undecided

Otherwise I go vex and switch roots oh! angry
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by menabae(f): 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
EfemenaXY:
Quiet thread.

lol bros,I doubt it if there is any isoko movie online,buh if u wanna watch isoko movie I will recommend u go to oleh,or ozoro ,have watched quite a few isoko film before even thou is nowhere to be found now,can't even remember the title,was very interesting,acted by ozoro peeps....
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 4:30am On Mar 16, 2016
EfemenaXY:
Quiet thread.

Switch roots to where? Lol
Please we don't want to lose you to another tribe.

We will try and get the movies for you.

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

Anybody who can find any Isoko movie should PM me. Let me upload it online for Ma Efe to watch before we hear stories of switching lanes. cool

1 Like

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 4:34am On Mar 16, 2016
menabae:
lol bros,I doubt it if there is any isoko movie online,buh if u wanna watch isoko movie I will recommend u go to oleh,or ozoro ,have watched quite a few isoko film before even thou is nowhere to be found now,can't even remember the title,was very interesting,acted by ozoro peeps....
Can you get a CD for me please? Most of us are miles from home

Thanks.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by menabae(f): 7:58am On Mar 16, 2016
BarryX:
Can you get a CD for me please? Most of us are miles from home

Thanks.
lol same here,m very far frm home too... Buh whenever I travel I will try to get one
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 3:46am On Mar 26, 2016
BarryX:
Switch roots to where? Lol
Please we don't want to lose you to another tribe.

We will try and get the movies for you.

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

Anybody who can find any Isoko movie should PM me. Let me upload it online for Ma Efe to watch before we hear stories of switching lanes. cool

Lol!! cheesy

Happy Easter folks! smiley
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 11:21am On Mar 26, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Lol!! cheesy

Happy Easter folks! smiley
Happy Easter dear... any easter bunnies for them folks
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by preetyb(f): 8:57am On Mar 27, 2016
My Dad is from okpe village in isoko while my mum is from Erowa village.
Awi isoko wadoo!
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
BarryX:
Happy Easter dear... any easter bunnies for them folks

Oh, yes!

Easter Lunch: Roast duck, lamb, potatoes, Brussel sprouts, carrots, sausages, and gravey.

Dessert: Chocolates, chocolates, and more chocolates! cheesy

Fruits: Clementines, apples, green & purple grapes.

Drink: Coca Cola

1 Like

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 7:28am On Mar 28, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Oh, yes!

Easter Lunch: Roast duck, lamb, potatoes, Brussel sprouts, carrots, sausages, and gravey.

Dessert: Chocolates, chocolates, and more chocolates! cheesy

Fruits: Clementines, apples, green & purple grapes.

Drink: Coca Cola

See food oo. Chai
Are you a foodie or some chef?

Whe be rhe Omamo emu uzeme na !!!
Obewho iyibo na whe ro abi?
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 7:34am On Mar 28, 2016
preetyb:
My Dad is from okpe village in isoko while my mum is from Erowa village.
Awi isoko wadoo!
Yeeeee!

Eve eware kpobi? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ritual Rites Held To Welcome Oba Of Lagos And His Staff Of Office / Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) / Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.