Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' (10032 Views)

Nigeria Economics Loses To Politics As Buhari Takes Naira Stand – Bloomberg / My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima / I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by donted(m): 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
take dat: @Op, what a mischievous title we have here all thanks to partisan media manipulation, but I do not blame them cos they know most readers have a limited attention span!

Where in the body or heart of the reportage did he say that "death is the only thing that can stop him from contesting 2015 election?"

'I will never quit politics as far as I live', do u need a better interpretation to that? Or r u a learner?
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
Ejiné:

Going to drink 50 litres of alomo is much better than going around and slaughtering Youth Corpers with promising futures all because your old decaying carcass of a hero Buhari failed an election.

I'd rather drink that than kill innocent people, so if we The Buhari critics are just haters, then you guys must be bloodthirsty murderers, no?
good answer
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by franchizy(m): 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
HQ: What is this?

I thought during his "Speech of Lamentations" he said he was done.

I'm sure u are blind cos if u had read the speech on the thread u won't write ur silly comment.
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by Demdem(m): 12:27pm On Feb 19, 2013
begwong: ....but don't take it as a do or die affairs general angry

Do or die politics is synonymous to the killer party. The concept is from them and not buhari. Buhari is highly democratic and that's why if he has any grievance whatsoever be heads to the court.
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by motobid(m): 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2013
Buhari do not quit politics, but please how many peoples life have you affected positively? Are you not the bringer of weeping and gnashing of teeth to some families by some of your careless statements? How many roads have you tarred or influenced some of your supporters who are wealthy to tar? Wake up man! you are just like one of those you keep condemning and blaming for the woes of this 'great' country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by thaoriginator: 12:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
Demdem:

Do or die politics is synonymous to the killer party. The concept is from them and not buhari. Buhari is highly democratic and that's why if he has any grievance whatsoever be heads to the court.
abeg tell those groundnut head ^^^up there wey dey make silly noise. We all know that PDP nigerian nightmare. Fish brains all over Nairaland making hell of a noise.
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by takedat(m): 12:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
donted:

'I will never quit politics as far as I live', do u need a better interpretation to that? Or r u a learner?
Sorry sir if you did burst a nerve because of my post. The initial title of this thread before the admin corrected it was "only death can stop me from contesting the 2015 election", which is quite different from "I will never quit politics as far as I live".
Don't be an attention seeking puma next time!
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by slimghost(m): 12:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
If not for his religious fanaticism and bigotry, i'd seriously campaign for him. But then, the North should wait till 2031
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by touchmehard: 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
Will he guarantee Nigerians freedom of religion? Will he reduce/end the religious intolerance in the land? Will he give us constant power supply? Will he still have the zero tolerance to corruption approach, or will he see the assumption of office as his own turn to chop the national cake? My questions for him
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by thaoriginator: 12:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
slimghost: If not for his religious fanaticism and bigotry, i'd seriously campaign for him. But then, the North should wait till 2031
who knows you?
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by thaoriginator: 12:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
touch_me_hard: Will he guarantee Nigerians freedom of religion? Will he reduce/end the religious intolerance in the land? Will he give us constant power supply? Will he still have the zero tolerance to corruption approach, or will he see the assumption of office as his own turn to chop the national cake? My questions for him
he has been tested and trusted.
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by Fogman(m): 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
General, my advice is quit when the ovation is loudest! smiley
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by deletrue: 1:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
but oga, Buhari, you are old! Why not even quit politics. I can remember the few states you visited for campaign in last elections. Four year after, you are likely to be downward. I mean you are weaker. Na wa for nigerians. That will be a plus to jona.
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by muktarmtt(m): 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
Morgan1092: And u won't quit failing. <Full Stop> Cos u might only win if u join PDP, of whc i knw u can neva do dat.
see dis mumu wat d u take PDP 4 GOD or waiting mtsw mumu
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by gronzywares: 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
WHY DO people like to lie?
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by ndala(m): 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
muktar mtt: see dis mumu wat d u take PDP 4 GOD or waiting mtsw mumu
hey muktar he just sald the truth na.. since cpc and other party has merge. Pdp is merging with inec grin
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
Who cares
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by Emmy9898: 1:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
Seun:
I corrected the title before putting it on the home page. I used a direct quote by Buhari "I will never quit politics as far as I live".

My brother don't mind them. grin

This is the first time OPC or APC grin grin is denied a positive news report on Nairaland. Suddenly, their supporters are openly twisting and turning in pain, and splitting hairs over what this, or that, exactly means.

Anyway, from my past observations on this forum, there is a very simple way to pacify them. Just ensure that over the next two weeks, news reports about "Fashola is working" grin or "Eko oni baje o" grin , hits the front page of Nairaland twice every day. That will do the trick. grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
Not in this country, Buhari should contest for State Governor, Nigeria is now 160 million people, not the republic he became head of state through Coup d'état. Should someone tell him we wont forget he is a coupist ?
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by Attention(f): 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
And am telling u that u will never die until u leave politics! so prepare to live forever!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by emmasege: 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
Not even in Nairaland forum! Is APC telling us the "most credible & saleable" candidate in their camp is Buhari?. If yes, they are still daydreaming.
Young Money:
Buhari can only win election in Nairaland forum not in Nigeria presidential election
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by harmless011: 2:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
Attention: And am telling u that u will never die until u leave politics! so prepare to live forever!
so u never know that buhari is immortal
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by drnoel: 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
Well buhari would loose wholly if he presents himself as the presidential aspirant for APC. If he doesn't know that by now, let the people telling him to contest tell him to withdraw.
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by medoha(m): 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
Sey buhari 2015. Who is jonathan to stop u frm nt ruling us? I blv u av gud intension 4 Nigeria, and God wil support u if it is gud intension. AMEN.... Buhari. APC!!! Equity.
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by olyg: 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
General buhari must not quit politics until he become the president of this country and flush out all those corrupt politicians.that is why they are afraid of him and they do not want him to contest again.they know that if BUHARI becomes the president, CORRUPTION IS IN VERY BIG SERIOUS TROUBLE.
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by vanstanzy(m): 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
honeric01: On the issue of his ambition to contest the next election, the General said, “many people especially from my party are really disturbed. The joyful thing is that I didn’t say I quit politics. I will never quite politics as far as I live. I only said that I will not present myself to contest but my party members said they want me to remain in the race. But I said the new party will follow due process in selecting candidates’ right from ward level to National level.”

“Since I am in the new party as a member, if after consultations they included me among their aspirants I will not reject their offer. This is what I want people to know.

“I want people to be patient with what we are doing now. They should allow the merger to succeed first. I am sure the new party leaders will know those that are relevant and saleable to Nigerians electorates. I don’t want people to be too much disturbed about my political ambition. I will only abide by what my supporters say

Buhari's words.

Shame to SUN and the OP.

Well quoted. But its "Shame on" not "Shame to". smiley
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by vanstanzy(m): 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
oly g: General buhari must not quit politics until he become the president of this country and flush out all those corrupt politicians.that is why they are afraid of him and they do not want him to contest again.they know that if BUHARI becomes the president, CORRUPTION IS IN VERY BIG SERIOUS TROUBLE.

Take a look at ur words again, CORRUPTION IS IN VERY BIG SERIOUS TROUBLE.

*Mimicking the words with a baby voice and a funny face!*. In ur dreamz alone! Guy,

"Buhari will never be President of Nigeria, come rain, come shine!"
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by vanstanzy(m): 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
Young Money:
Buhari can only win election in Nairaland forum not in Nigeria presidential election

Imagine, some people wanting Buhari, a tribal bigot and a religious zealot to rule over a

country as Diverse as Nigeria. These people just don't know what they are asking for. I tell u the corruption, as people

see it now, might not be the biggest problem if this character, Buhari rules Nigeria again. But much bigger problems

will be created by him (i can just see it).Why are some people on this forum so myopic?
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by tinkinjo: 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2013
Why would you? In what other field could you be seen to be relevant...business?
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by Fellonigerians: 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
He is not electable, so he should just be an elder in the party... Nigerian parties should learn to bring out candidates that people like and want to vote for because they will deliver... Stop forcing us to vote for one of them cos he is the best out of them, even though that best is not good enough for Nigeria...
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
**commenting afta topic has bn modified to suit Buhari apologists**

why is it hard for buhari to accept dat there are younger elements in his party dat can take Nigeria to dat paradise?
Megalomania is a feature of CJD. I hope citizen buhari and his followers are aware.
Re: Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' by Myself2(m): 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Of course,there is a reason why Buhari has been dubbed the serial presidential election contestant and serial election loser

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up / Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? / Black Out In Kano- How About Your State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.