Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Disadvantages Of Early Marriages - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Disadvantages Of Early Marriages (39598 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / Disadvantages Of Being Handsome: / Disadvantages Of Being Pretty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by Revolva(m): 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
Many people are marrying early these days. They would like to get into matrimony as soon as their courtship is over. Tying the knot is important to strengthen their relationship. They feel settling down in life early would help them set up their independent home.

Whatever may be the advantages of settling down early in life, the fact remains there are problems to be faced if one gets into matrimony too quickly.

Examples are :
1. Responsibility has to be shouldered at a very young age. One has to take on household responsibilities, child rearing responsibility etc. There is no adult to guide or help out.

2. Missing out on the fun of teenage life and being young. The drudgeries of married life can get to you. They deprive you of your youth.

3. Health also can get affected as early pregnancy can have a negative impact on overall health.

4. Breakdown of marriage is possible. Often the young couple is immature to shoulder major responsibility and end up fighting with each other. Adjustment problems may arise.

5. Education also gets affected. The young couple may not be able to pursue higher education as they have to take on the responsibilities of family budget.

6. Work opportunities are limited for the youngsters. Since their education levels are low, they cannot get highly paid jobs.

7. Bringing up children may be difficult. Their knowledge of child care may be limited and parental guidance is also not there. They may not be able to provide the appropriate care for their child.

Marrying early may seem very romantic and convenient, but it has its problems. Couples need to get to know each other better and this takes time. Rushing into a marriage, which may not last long does not appear the right thing to do. In some countries, where child marriage is prevalent, efforts are on by respective Governments to dissuade such a practice.

13 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by ITbomb(m): 2:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
How young is too young , for guys and gals. @OP

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by poweredcom(m): 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
Omo really truthful frontpage pls make youth see am mods...
Cos me no send marriage now..ontop hardship make my pikin no yab me!!!! Sufferation naton....if u look all dis folks that r married you see say they r not really happy inside..especially d girls...d men r d ones enjoyin small groove cos some get outside runs....haha

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by pure123: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
ITbomb: How young is too young , for guys and gals. @OP

GOD BLESS YOU HELP ME ASK HIM

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by Freiburger(m): 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
Revolva: Many people are marrying early these days. They would like to get into matrimony as soon as their courtship is over. Tying the knot is important to strengthen their relationship. They feel settling down in life early would help them set up their independent home.

Whatever may be the advantages of settling down early in life, the fact remains there are problems to be faced if one gets into matrimony too quickly.

Examples are :
1. Responsibility has to be shouldered at a very young age. One has to take on household responsibilities, child rearing responsibility etc. There is no adult to guide or help out.

2. Missing out on the fun of teenage life and being young. The drudgeries of married life can get to you. They deprive you of your youth.

3. Health also can get affected as early pregnancy can have a negative impact on overall health.

4. Breakdown of marriage is possible. Often the young couple is immature to shoulder major responsibility and end up fighting with each other. Adjustment problems may arise.

5. Education also gets affected. The young couple may not be able to pursue higher education as they have to take on the responsibilities of family budget.

6. Work opportunities are limited for the youngsters. Since their education levels are low, they cannot get highly paid jobs.

7. Bringing up children may be difficult. Their knowledge of child care may be limited and parental guidance is also not there. They may not be able to provide the appropriate care for their child.

Marrying early may seem very romantic and convenient, but it has its problems. Couples need to get to know each other better and this takes time. Rushing into a marriage, which may not last long does not appear the right thing to do. In some countries, where child marriage is prevalent, efforts are on by respective Governments to dissuade such a practice.

I can get not even one of your points.

6 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by yuzedo: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
You cant sample enough punny! cry cry angry
Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by chimauk(m): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
front page
Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by Canisma(m): 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
This is nice.
Backpage pls...

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by pure123: 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
I will not be totally be in agreement with you.

i have an aunt that got married @ age 19 and the husband was 22,they are still going stronger each day...they have grand children now. aldo am not disputing the fact that there will be an issue as they were growing but all claims are not correct..

10 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by bigx(m): 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
Whats early?
Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by ochukoccna: 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
Methuselah op, those small girls wey you dey phuck & wey dey phuck around never tire you?

Succinct question
Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by micklplus(m): 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2013
To a reasonable extent, I understand your point but then, too much rules and regulation can spoil the fun.

To enjoy life to the fullest, do what makes you happy.

Another angle to early marriage! Start a family early and get done with responsibilities early( child rearing, school fees, hospital bills, trips fees and so many more)

Some of us that got married very late would rather we got married early!!! ( For real)

The most important thing in marriage whether late or early is the ability of the people involved to be able to shoulder responsibilities and get issues resolved amicably and maturedly.

......But then, how young is too young?
Cheers

14 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by Troll: 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2013
[size=18pt]What Is Marriage? grin[/size]

...I Can't Seem To Find It In My Dictionary undecided

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by Afrocatalyst: 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
Not true. Even old people who married late experience these problems too. The earlier the better jare. And who says education has a time. Even baba go school at 58.

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by deols(f): 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
not when it is with the right person.

you have so much fun with no regrets.

11 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by kumbalo(m): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
I will still ask the same question- How early is "early" ?
Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by specialguest(f): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Op would be nice if you can tell me what your defination of 'early' means. I dont seem to understand if you're referring to it age wise or based on career /achievements.

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by damas11111(m): 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2013

Answer this question before we start to talk.
Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by Temismith(f): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
Na lie joor

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by temi4fash(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
op i disagree wit d one abt health.,
Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by Troll: 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
[size=17pt]But Seriously Must One Be Married To Live A Happy Life?

Whose Idea Was That? undecided

[/size]

...I Sense Some Peeps Quoting Religious Textbooks Already grin

8 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by 5alive(m): 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
Freiburger:

can't
Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
Noted. But marrying early btw 21-25 years is good.

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
This essay is written for those within the age range 15-25 that are not matured in all ramifications.
If you believe early marriage ll work for you,carry on please.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by holuwarlay08(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
please tell those small small girls well well make dem know.............
Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by nenergy(m): 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
Personally, i think there's no disadvantage to marrying early unless the young couple wasted their courtship (too much "activity", no real communication), lack of mentors/respected role models (e.g pastor Okotie,Kim Kardashian), and refusal to leave youthful lifestyle. Me i go marry quick o, i can't be 50 and be taking my 1st son to kindergaten.lol.

5 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by enigmagu1(m): 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
Freiburger:

are u sure
Re: Disadvantages Of Early Marriages by Scarpon(m): 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
as long as u got money all this facts n.a. wash

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Many Ladies Remain Unmarried – Mike Bamiloye / My Boyfriend's Father Is Flirting With Me. / Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.