Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,632 members, 7,958,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:34 AM

2015 - Our Best 11? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 - Our Best 11? (2843 Views)

March 29 - May 29, 2015: Our Hope, Fear And Jubilation / Rivers 2015: Our Endorsement Of Peterside Irrevocable – Ikwerre Monarchs / Nigerian Most Corrupt Best 11 Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2013
Gbawe...you are very pragmatic with those comments.

It's absolutely not about who we like but who can get the job done.

Hummmmmm.....reflection.
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by AndreUweh(m): 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
APC will be making a mistake by picking two muslims as pres and vice.
The best candidates for the coalition now are Okorocha, Ngige and Utomi.
Regarding Soludo, he belongs to the ruling party and has to fight for his ticket under PDP.
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by Afam4eva(m): 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2013
Andre Uweh: APC will be making a mistake by picking two muslims as pres and vice.
The best candidates for the coalition now are Okorocha, Ngige and Utomi.
Regarding Soludo, he belongs to the ruling party and has to fight for his ticket under PDP.
Utomi is a good candidate but is not popular. We want someone that will pull a large following that will lead to millions of votes. Okorocha and Ngige can do that but not Utomi.

1 Like

Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by AndreUweh(m): 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
Utomi is a good candidate but is not popular. We want someone that will pull a large following that will lead to millions of votes. Okorocha and Ngige can do that but not Utomi.
any of the three is ok for me. Anything less, count me out.
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by Gbawe: 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
ilugunboy: Gbawe...you are very pragmatic with those comments.

It's absolutely not about who we like but who can get the job done.

Hummmmmm.....reflection.

My brother, folks should check the archives. There was no bigger fan of Ribadu here than myself and a few others. I even clashed with other die-hard Buhari fans like Gen-Buhari and Wadeoye on this forum. They will both confirm it here. Folks can say what they want and call me all manners of thing but no character, for me, is greater than the desire to see Nigeria make enduring progress I see others making with my two eyes.

What continues to keep Nigeria down is lack of political will from oga pata-pata since 1999. We have not had a single person totally dedicated to doing, without delay, what is best for ordinary Nigerians. OBJ was abysmal and a man who simply wanted to Putin-nize Nigeria creating a billionaire Oligarchic class he could continue to leverage on beyond office. He was obsessed with being as garishly rich as IBB. A worthless conman and failed diasporan in Andy Ubah, discharged bankrupt in the USA, came to Nigeria to become hideously rich because of OBJ. That was the "enrich-myself-and-minions-massively" ethos typifying OBJ's shallow and cynical leadership. Yar Adua was not much better even though he was nowhere near as malevolent and as morally bankrupt as OBJ. He just could not muster the political will to match a soul more decent than that of his predecessor. Nigeria loses again. GEJ continues the deliberate lack of will abetting the status quo. He is utra-corrupt and only supervising the looting of Nigeria by criminals, crooks, cronies and AGIPs.

Noteworthy that if we don't shun sentiments to see what matters then it will be a PDP win in 2015 and "more of the same" for all of us. WHat we have to understand is there exist a few who can display the sort of political will I expect Buhari to shine for. Yet how many , if me and you are being pragmatic, can be put forward to gain the votes that will defeat the PDP? Things remain very, very simple my brother

PDP will give us a gradualist 10 times out of 10. Said gradualist will be told he cannot 'mess with' the most vital things that can transform Nigeria drastically because those things keeps "awon boys" in food. PDP lays down the "don't go there" areas clearly. The brightest brains in the world have told us we can forget development if our recurrent expenditure remain as terribly high as it is at over 70%. Tell me which PDP President has made any serious effort to dismantle the structures, duplicated/superfluous offices, government largesse and system of patronage using 70% of our budget for affairs of governance?

The budget for running government is in single digit in many rich nation yet PDP presidents, one after the other, maintain an "off-limit" approach. Same with how Ribadu advised that we must stop, as the only major exporter doing so, from selling our crude through trader because this only abets monumental fraud against Nigeria. Why has GEJ not acted 4-5 months after this publicly delivered solution should have put him under pressure? Another "off-limit" area. Fuel subsidy nko? Otedola himself advised that all we needed to do to instantly kill the chain of scamming is for Nigeria to enter into direct arrangement with foreign refineries to immedediately defeat marketers robbing us blind. Yet everyone in the Government and past government pretend they are blind to that consideration because "awon boys must eat".

We could go on all day and I will show precisely that majority of our problem stems from how the political will is lacking to initiate the most transformational changes Nigeria need. This is why I am not into any pontifications about technocratic skills alone. We must gain a brave man with political will. A determined figther !!! In that sense, and specific to our needs for now, It is obvious those who can deliver what we want.

It is pointless hollowly mentioning those reknowned for technocratic brilliance only like the Aganga, Soludo, Iwealas of the World because A Nigerian President must be someone who can confront the cabal and not blink. Okonjo Iweala made so much noise while out of government about how our recurrent expenditure must come down. After being sworn in as Finance minister and defacto prime minister she displayed the same lack of mental toughness and strength afflicting 99% of our leaders by suggesting a ridiculous 1% reduction per year in recurrent expenditure.

Obviously, she has been told not to mess with the 'food' of "awon boyz". This is why I laugh when some ethnicise the Presidency to be saying only someone from their ethnic group will reform Nigeria. It makes me view Nigerians as very bigoted and unreasonable people because we have many direct examples proving this simplistic and offensive notion wrong. Even though OBJ was probably the biggest looter of all President from 1999 to date, did we not see him provide the requisite bravery to protect the Ribadus, Soludo , El Rufai, Ezekwesili, Okonjo Iweal et al to work? That is clue bravery and toughness is required nay vital . The only problem with OBJ was that he was not sincere and simply another materialistic looter robbing the nation blind underground. Now imagine we gain a brave President, brimming with political will, 100% on the side of Nigeria and is not interested in worldly riches for themselves or others under them? That would be the person capable of turning Nigeria round !!!

Yet sheer bigotry will not allow us to accept this. Some are suggesting their own kinsman blindly and rigidly while others are dogged in their non-transferable allegiance that prevents them seeing that, for example, Buhari is similar to Ribadu and issues ultimately boils down to who can deliver the vote to defeat the PDP.

I think I see what matter far more than anything else, i.e the progress of Nigeria, and this is why I could support Ribadu in 2011 and feel Buhari may be the better vote winner in 2015. Anyway, whoever the APC provide, I will back because , despite all the distracting noise, it is extremely foolish and self-deceptive for anyone to say that a Party full of some of the most talented leaders Nigeria has produced will not do better than the PDP. WHat that person must possess is political will and the total readiness to do what is best for Nigeria regardless of whose interest is retrenched.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by skyfall: 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
@Gbawe
You've spoken a lot of sense, I only hope you're
right. It shows that the APC has a lot of job to do. I sincerely wish them (and us Nigerians) the best. I hope they'll stop wasting time on a party logo and move on. I wonder why they can't just pick something like a horse or elephant rather than an emblem comprising of corn, broom, pen etc. I hope they know that time's not on their side.
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by Ufeolorun(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
Nuzo':

Stop spinning this whole thing and making it all about you abeg!

Just answer the honest question abeg. Your answer will expose the hypocrisy some people have exihibited on this forum.

And for your info, I had always prefered Ribadu.
It's not very difficult,Okorocha has more leverage than Ngige;Okorocha is a governor,he brings a whole state into the equation and he solidly represent a wing of the alliance,Apga. These go a freaking long way in any political permutations.
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
Jarus:

Bro, I still dey o.

Just busy elsewhere jare
p

U are nt busy anywhere. Seun has fired u and u are getting busy with posting ds lame poo as a topic.
Are there no credible ndigbo for d office of president or is d office reserved for SW and north? No wonder u ppl are losing air cos GEJ is there.

1 Like

Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by skyfall: 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
nuclearboy: Buhari guarantees a huge northern following!

Whist GEJ is playing the SS\SE card, a woman such as Oby E would not only split eastern votes, but would appeal to the honest, sincere plus bring in the feminine gender.

And while many easterners believe other Nigerians hate them, Oby would prove there's NO iota of hatred - she as a serious anti-establishment VP would be the natural choice after to run as president!

U ppl are really desperate! Latching on everything in sight, including an Oby Ezekwesili who is a political 'ant' weight
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by Jarus(m): 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
utumunta: p

U are nt busy anywhere. Seun has fired u and u are getting busy with posting ds lame poo as a topic.
Are there no credible ndigbo for d office of president or is d office reserved for SW and north? No wonder u ppl are losing air cos GEJ is there.

cheesy grin
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by PointB: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
Writing long repetitive essay for the umpteenth time does not change the facts on the ground. Aged, bigoted Buhari is as clueless as they come in matter of modern governance and is perpetually unelectable. El Rufia admitted as much in his 'objective' days.

Buhari and his co-sojourner despoiled democracy by force, and passed Nigeria from one corrupt and clueless despot to another, who in turn raped her and dispossessed her of many valuables . Today, as Nigeria is struggling to heal from the wounds inflicted by the uncircumcised rapists, here pops another of them, asking for another round? Haba, must Nigeria be raped to death, by same vagabonds?

Without gainsaying, the reason for supporting the candidacy of Buhari has nothing altruistic about it. It is a mainly a power grabbing strategy designed to favour the SW, via the VP route. Power grabbing for the sake it, as evident in the promotion of the 'phantom' votes winning capabilities of this old, bigoted, and clueless, retired ex-coupist Buhari, can NEVER a panacea to Nigeria's problem. Nigeria will again reject this abominable rapist of Nigeria's democracy before the polls. Isha allah! grin grin

It is indeed shameful, that so called analysts and masters of Nigeria problem would rather we rally round someone who can garner votes in core north, rather than those who can effect the changes that Nigeria actually need. How is this approach different from the PDP they seek to replace? How is this different from promotion of bigotry, and sectionalism?

We are daily inundated with what Buhari will do, and that he will tackle corruption. But the question they have failed to answer is: "What has been Buhari contributions to the polity in the past 15 years? What are Buhari's view on how he will combat corruption? What are his economic programs going to be like from his own mouth? Who has heard him articulate his visions and plans for Nigeria in recent times? How does turning up every election year to a maddening crowd of almajiris chanting 'Sai Buhari' help in national development? Or have we forgotten so soon the same Buhari is the one who sealed his voice, and folded his arms while his supporter gorge themselves in the blood of fellow Nigerians who were serving there country? Or are we doomed to take the words of his paid agents and other sycophants on Nairaland for it? Are these essay writers and publishers his spokesperson? How do they know what the taciturn Buhari is thinking, let alone going to do? Isn't it better to actually quote Buhari's comments for us to see. I mean other comments besides "dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood" and other inciteful comments? Who do they intend to make a monkey of? Certainly not me.

Isn't is a huge shame that such individual still have electoral value in this the country? Promoting Buhari as a presidential candidate in Nigeria on the surface appears to be some form of expression of mental illness. But then again, it could be cold calculation of some sectional interest, who want to piggy back on the back of the frail looking aged general to the corridors of power. Buhari has nothing to offer Nigeria, but he do offer some glimmer of hope to those who may ride on his back to the presidency. In other words, he is a poster boy for selfish politicians, and sectional interests who want to have a larger share in the aggregation and appropriation of Niger Delta oil. If the idea of a mega party is to salvage Nigeria from some predicament, why are the likes of Patrick Utomi, Soludo, Donald Duke, Dora Akunyili, Ngige etc not mentioned.

@topic,
I find it appalling that every political permutation must resolve into having a Northerner as the presidential candidate, yet we are told it is not sectional. If it isn't section, why can't we have candidates from the South as president? Without equivocation, the main problem with Nigeria is lack of national unity, as consequence of mutual mistrust, a Northern president foisted on unwilling South, and vice versa will NEVER solve this problem. It will certainly be back to the trenches!!

2 Likes

Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by chino24: 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
Genius100:

If you want an Igbo VP, choose a credible one like Ezekwesili or Okonjo-Iweala. Even Nnaji or Soludo is way better than Rochas..

You are on point no sentiments
GBAMEST
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by skyfall: 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
Gbawe:

Soludo is the wrong sort of technocrat because he is a capitalist with absolutely no moral fortitude or uprightness. He will create a billionaire class faster than you can say Coca-Cola. It is very important to fully appreciate the problem before one seeks solution. Nigeria, for now, simply needs a very brave, social-leaning and pro-people leader with unshakeable political will. The solutions to Nigeria's problem does not need Rocket science analysis as folks like you think. More important is uprightness, the readiness to eschew greed and materialism plus the bravery to do what is in the best interest of Nigeria regardless of whose Ox will be gored. Let us for once, and for the sake of our nation, given how badly we have fallen, stop this "my local champion" way of viewing things.

Soludo will be a terrible choice because, even for all his innate brilliance, his highly materialistic and grotesquely capitalist leaning means he is the sort, via chasing aggressive weath creation, who will cause far-reaching problems like the credit crunch where a few become hideously rich and majority are condemned to misery. Soludo, for example, will not handle the fuels subsidy scam different to the timid and compromised GEJ who preferred heaping misery on Nigerians than go after the crook who deserved life sentences for their treasonous scams...

On point. Soludo, Okonjo-Iweala etc are not the kind of leaders you want to have at the helms. To them, experimenting their Ivy League economic ideologies is more important than making life worth living for their fellow countrymen & women, and Nigerians are nothing more than statistics. If you want people from the east who have the human touch, then mention Ngige, Okorocha, Ezekwesili etc.
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by skyfall: 7:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
Ufeolorun:

Lol. You definitely have issues to work out with Elrufai,Oloun.You don't like him at all, he's still better than all the Northern governors out their and would be a sane choice if Buhari or Ribadu's candidacy do not fly(as it appears right now ). All those words you used in describing Elrufai actually depicts a typical politician.

El-Rufai has simply lost it. He has shown in so many ways that he can't be trusted. A politician is pragmatic and always controls his emotions. I like him as a critic though. He can always put the govt of the day on its toes.
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by Gbawe: 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
skyfall:

El-Rufai has simply lost it. He has shown in so many ways that he can't be trusted. A politician is pragmatic and always controls his emotions. I like him as a critic though. He can always put the govt of the day on its toes.

True. I was a fan of EL Rufai. Even the OP, Jarus, was the biggest fan of El Rufai on NL. It is instructive of EL Rufai's spectacular fall that many of us do not even mention him any more, as a prospect, in any capacity. To be honest, I wonder about the guy's sanity. When he said recently after Yar Adua had died "I fight my enemies to the death. Go and ask Yar adua", I thought this man is not fit for any public office whatsoever. He just confessed to hating others to a level that mean he will be unable to moderate his emotions even for the greater public good.

He has gone on to be controversial and divisive beyond belief. How can such a character be VP let alone President? Abeg, folks should move on from El Rufai.
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by OmoTier1(m): 8:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
Gbawe:

OK Jarus. I will summarise, edit and send you a finished version you can amend as appropriate.

I am totally with you regarding what you said in your first post here regarding how you are not as passionate about 2015 as you were 2011. I am the same. It is disappointing to note what is needed with clarity yet be frustrated by how the sentimental and biased nature of Nigerians now work to keep us in the conditions we want to escape.

If the APC get it wrong and the PDP succeed in delivering GEJ or another gradualist in 2015, then I am done with Nigerian politics. I certainly won't remain on this forum taking insults from bigots, yobs, uncouth louts and clannish children who have no opinion of their own and can never suggest solutions. For me, It is one final push to see if Nigeria can be rescued. There is more to be enjoyed in life than reading nauseating garbage from those one would ordinarily have no inclination to associate with in real life merely because of the notion of "a better nation".
Why are you guys getting discouraged? This what PDP wants, to frustrate those who will work to bring in good governance so that they are left with those who will live at their mercy. I can tell you that there are many of us in the diaspora who are eager to pour funds into the campaign of the formidable candidates the opposition will bring forward so that the foot soldiers can do their work more effectively this time around unlike what happened in 2011.
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by Genius100: 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
Gbawe:

True. I was a fan of EL Rufai. Even the OP, Jarus, was the biggest fan of El Rufai on NL. It is instructive of EL Rufai's spectacular fall that many of us do not even mention him any more, as a prospect, in any capacity. To be honest, I wonder about the guy's sanity. When he said recently after Yar Adua had died "I fight my enemies to the death. Go and ask Yar adua", I thought this man is not fit for any public office whatsoever. He just confessed to hating others to a level that mean he will be unable to moderate his emotions even for the greater public good.

He has gone on to be controversial and divisive beyond belief. How can such a character be VP let alone President? Abeg, folks should move on from El Rufai.

Don't get it twisted bro, El Rufai is probably one of the very very few that can transform Nigeria but he has stated that he has no intentions of contesting for presidency and I believe him. His twitter rants has effectively ended his chance of being President. But he knew what he was doing. He actually said anyone interested in presidency will not be on twitter as much as him. I'm pretty sure he is not interested in an elective position. He will be happy as the Secretary General of the federation under Buhari...
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by nuclearboy(m): 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
utumunta:

U ppl are really desperate! Latching on everything in sight, including an Oby Ezekwesili who is a political 'ant' weight

Ezekwesili your "ant-weight" is a tested administrator, a honest woman worth maybe a half million of you in gold! Forthrightness, sincerity and true patriotism is what Nigeria needs, not the gradualism we have been witnessing where a few sit and eat, locking out the majority but allowing a few parasites (you fall into that category) to, like houseflies, land on d scraps that fall from the table!

I could have said "Fashola", or Ngige etc but in naming Oby, had recourse to the above reasoning + her marketability to sensible Igbos and Nigerian women! If chosen by APC as GMB's vice, she would also prove all you nuisances are lying about GMB being an Islamic fundamentalist!

If the above is beyond your shallow mind, please take a one way ticket to the grave - you won't be missed!
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by nuclearboy(m): 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
PointB: Writing long repetitive essay for the umpteenth time does not change the facts on the ground. Aged, bigoted Buhari is as clueless as they come in matter of modern governance and is perpetually unelectable. El Rufia admitted as much in his 'objective' days.

Buhari and his co-sojourner despoiled democracy by force, and passed Nigeria from one corrupt and clueless despot to another, who in turn raped her and dispossessed her of many valuables . Today, as Nigeria is struggling to heal from the wounds inflicted by the uncircumcised rapists, here pops another of them, asking for another round? Haba, must Nigeria be raped to death, by same vagabonds?

Without gainsaying, the reason for supporting the candidacy of Buhari has nothing altruistic about it. It is a mainly a power grabbing strategy designed to favour the SW, via the VP route. Power grabbing for the sake it, as evident in the promotion of the 'phantom' votes winning capabilities of this old, bigoted, and clueless, retired ex-coupist Buhari, can NEVER a panacea to Nigeria's problem. Nigeria will again reject this abominable rapist of Nigeria's democracy before the polls. Isha allah! grin grin

It is indeed shameful, that so called analysts and masters of Nigeria problem would rather we rally round someone who can garner votes in core north, rather than those who can effect the changes that Nigeria actually need. How is this approach different from the PDP they seek to replace? How is this different from promotion of bigotry, and sectionalism?

We are daily inundated with what Buhari will do, and that he will tackle corruption. But the question they have failed to answer is: "What has been Buhari contributions to the polity in the past 15 years? What are Buhari's view on how he will combat corruption? What are his economic programs going to be like from his own mouth? Who has heard him articulate his visions and plans for Nigeria in recent times? How does turning up every election year to a maddening crowd of almajiris chanting 'Sai Buhari' help in national development? Or have we forgotten so soon the same Buhari is the one who sealed his voice, and folded his arms while his supporter gorge themselves in the blood of fellow Nigerians who were serving there country? Or are we doomed to take the words of his paid agents and other sycophants on Nairaland for it? Are these essay writers and publishers his spokesperson? How do they know what the taciturn Buhari is thinking, let alone going to do? Isn't it better to actually quote Buhari's comments for us to see. I mean other comments besides "dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood" and other inciteful comments? Who do they intend to make a monkey of? Certainly not me.

Isn't is a huge shame that such individual still have electoral value in this the country? Promoting Buhari as a presidential candidate in Nigeria on the surface appears to be some form of expression of mental illness. But then again, it could be cold calculation of some sectional interest, who want to piggy back on the back of the frail looking aged general to the corridors of power. Buhari has nothing to offer Nigeria, but he do offer some glimmer of hope to those who may ride on his back to the presidency. In other words, he is a poster boy for selfish politicians, and sectional interests who want to have a larger share in the aggregation and appropriation of Niger Delta oil. If the idea of a mega party is to salvage Nigeria from some predicament, why are the likes of Patrick Utomi, Soludo, Donald Duke, Dora Akunyili, Ngige etc not mentioned.

@topic,
I find it appalling that every political permutation must resolve into having a Northerner as the presidential candidate, yet we are told it is not sectional. If it isn't section, why can't we have candidates from the South as president? Without equivocation, the main problem with Nigeria is lack of national unity, as consequence of mutual mistrust, a Northern president foisted on unwilling South, and vice versa will NEVER solve this problem. It will certainly be back to the trenches!!

It is true that the rotational presidency was an internal PDP issue! However, Nigeria's gonads laid (till date) in that beasts hands! Now that we want a people's government, PDP is still playing the ethnic game - our turn politics even with the current C-in-C leading the pack and turning Nigerians against ourselves!

We want a Nationalist, a man who will fight for the man on the street, not the elite and so, such as you who are sectional, greedy and tribalistic should not be found here!
Re: 2015 - Our Best 11? by anulaxad(m): 11:04am On Feb 21, 2013
THERE ALL USELESS,WHAT YOU REALLY WANT IS A WHITE MAN.

JUST SAYING.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Trust Buhari!!! Says Awujale / This Sad Invent Happened This Morning. / Fashola Heads President Buhari's Trusted Team Of Associates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.