Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (47950 Views)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Eneze1(f): 9:40am On May 16, 2013
nice one, I like the input of the comic relief, keep up the good work
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by LarrySun(m): 10:14am On May 16, 2013
Tovot: i will report you to mummy embarassed do not be an agbaya grin
What's An Agbaya? A Genius?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2013
Eneze1: nice one, I like the input of the comic relief, keep up the good work
Thanks ma'am.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 12:11pm On May 16, 2013
Larry-Sun:
It means a bad elder bullygrin.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Tovot: 12:59pm On May 16, 2013
Larry-Sun:
in your mind!!! genius indeed!and you say you are yoruba,what part of yoruba land are you from ehn? oooo mayb5e you'r from texas in ogun state grin,just saying tongue cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Tovot: 1:01pm On May 16, 2013
VanTee20:
Haba! You too dey jealousgrin. Ok, thanks for reading toosmiley

Wait o Tovot. When did u become a girl, or is that (f) I'm seeing an illusion?
go to the chat central and find out how i became a lady,larry is a lady too grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 1:55pm On May 16, 2013
Tovot: go to the chat central and find out how i became a lady,larry is a lady too grin
Choi... they are doing s'e'x reassignment surgery at chat central eh? grin grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by LarrySun(m): 2:12pm On May 16, 2013
Tovot: in your mind!!! genius indeed!and you say you are yoruba,what part of yoruba land are you from ehn? oooo mayb5e you'r from texas in ogun state grin,just saying tongue cheesy
Where Did I Say I'm A Yoruba Guy? I Know I'm A Genius; So Also Is Van grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 2:29pm On May 16, 2013
If Neduzzus die enh...!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:39pm On May 16, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Where Did I Say I'm A Yoruba Guy? I Know I'm A Genius; So Also Is Van grin
grin grin grin.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:41pm On May 16, 2013
Neduzze5: If Neduzzus die enh...!
If he dies, what will you do ehn? grin.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 4:03pm On May 16, 2013
VanTee20:
If he dies, what will you do ehn? grin.

Athanasius go die too! Lol!!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 4:53pm On May 16, 2013
Neduzze5:

Athanasius go die too! Lol!!
For where? You wan spoil book for me grin.

Don't worry I'll spear spare Neduzzus grin.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyVista(m): 6:44pm On May 16, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by iebanehita(m): 11:14pm On May 16, 2013
Really nice story!

Bt why was Castor angry dt hs bro, Proctor won d jousing?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:22pm On May 16, 2013
iebanehita: Really nice story!

Bt why was Castor angry dt hs bro, Proctor won d jousing?
That will explain itself in my subsequent posts. Thanks sir cheesy.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:25pm On May 16, 2013
Foxy_Vista: grin grin grin
sad sad sad.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by texanomaly(f): 4:31am On May 17, 2013
Wow! Van I didn't know you were such an amazing writer. I love this story. Can't wait for more updates. Tex
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyVista(m): 8:00am On May 17, 2013
VanTee20:
sad sad sad.

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:10am On May 17, 2013
texanomaly: Wow! Van I didn't know you were such an amazing writer. I love this story. Can't wait for more updates. Tex
I'm glad you like it. Thanks for reading ma'am cheesy.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:12am On May 17, 2013
Foxy_Vista:

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

angry angry angry.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by LarrySun(m): 9:40am On May 17, 2013
And When Shall We Get The Next Update?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2013
Larry-Sun:
And When Shall We Get The Next Update?
Probably tomorrow. I might update today if I get the chance though.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyVista(m): 3:01pm On May 17, 2013
VanTee20:
Probably tomorrow. I might update today if I get the chance though.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2013
Foxy_Vista:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:51pm On May 21, 2013
Geez! So it's been six days since my last update, how fast time flies. I must drop sumtin tonight sad.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 5:49am On May 22, 2013
I wrote this piece with a heavy heart, I hope you'll find it interesting

EPISODE 11

It was very early in the next morning. We had all gathered in Fabianus' room to discuss our next line of action. Fabianus opened the floor;

'Sirs, last night when you had all gone to sleep. I started reading the annals of Mirevus. Mirevus is the first chief priest in this land. While I was reading the book, I came across an important point that will help us defeat Justus and his men, but I'm afraid it's a very difficult thing.'

'Tell us what it is,' we requested.

Fabianus hesitated for a few moments, then he replied;

'Well, the annal says that we must find Zygus, kill it and smear its blood on all our weapons for us to be able to them against Justus and his men.'

'Arrgh! Zygus!' The Knights exclaimed.

'Who is Zygus? Why are you all scared of him?' I asked Fabianus.

'You don't know anything, these men have reason to be scared. Zygus is the evil, blood thirsty dragon that dwells in the Distein forest,' Fabianus told me.

... Eh? Dragon? Chai! Death don come...

'So what do we do now?' Fabianus continued 'Do we ride back home as planned or should we try our hands at killing that dragon?'

... Kill what? Dude I'm not leaving this inn...

An awkward silence followed that question. It seemed to me that the only sound being made at that time was the fast beating of my heart.

After what seemed like an eternity, Castor stood up and spoke;

'We mustn't waste time. Justus might decide to attack anytime he likes. The earlier we get Zygus, the better for us. Let us ride to Distein and get it as soon as we can.'

'No,' Stefanus protested 'Let us return to Casvillé first, then we can gather more men and prepare well before we attack Zygus.'

'What are you saying?' Castor cried 'Do you mean we should take the entire army with us to Distein because we want to kill just one dragon? By the gods, we are Knights, we aren't supposed shy away from any kind of trouble or danger.'

'We are not shying from danger, we just have to prepare ourselves well. Do you even know the creature we are talking about? Zygus? One fiery breath from him, we are all down to ashes.'

I watched amusedly as they continued to argue back and forth, with the other Knights taking sides and joining the argument. In the end, the Knights turned to me and said;

'Athanasius, thou art our saviour and our boss at the topgrin. What sayest thou?'

I shifted uneasily in the little chair i sat as I realised that nine pairs of eyes were riveted on me. I quickly debated in my head and I decided to pass the buck to another person.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:50am On May 22, 2013
'Fabianus, thou art our eyes, for we mortals are blind. What sayest thou? Or shall we say, what sayest the gods?' I said.

'I have asked the gods while they were arguing. I'm sorry, no words from the gods yet.' Fabianus replied apologetically.

'It's ok. What this mean is that the gods want us to take our destines in our hands. Bring me a coin please,' I said.

I was given a gold coin. I continued with my speech;

'Head means we go back home to Casvillé, Tail means we go ride to Distein, the best of three wins. Let's go.'

I was just about to flip the coin when I noticed the image of the person on the coin. It was a bald, cheeky man.

... Na my oga for school, Mr. Ogwuzi, be dis o...

'Who is this?' I asked, becaused I had my doubts about that person being my physics teacher.

'That is Julius Ceaser,' Fabianus answered me.

'Eh? Which Julius Ceaser?'

'The same Julius Ceaser, who served as the dictator of the Roman republic. He took this picture without wearing his laurel wreaths,' He explained.

... Chei! So the Man wey ravage Europe na Akpari too...

'Alright. Let's get on with our thing,' I said.

I flipped the coin the first time. The tail {Distein} came up. Castor punched the air in gusto while everyone else maintained their passive silence.

... I don dey suspect dis Castor guy sef, shey he never fear death ni...

I flipped the coin the second time. The head {Casvillé} came up. I smiled in my head.

Everyone waited with bated as I got ready to flip the coin for the last time.

'Should I do it?' I asked.

They all nodded. Their excitement had probably made them lose their voice.

... I don't even know who put this idea of flipping coin in my head, see as my BP just dey rise like madt. God, you know say after Devil, na Dragon wey I fear again. Let Casvillé win o, I no wan roast for fire...

I flipped the coin the last time. It landed on the hard ground with a shrill sound.

... GBAM! Na tail, Ayaf die. Na Distein we go gosad...

To be continued...

2 Likes

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 8:41am On May 22, 2013
grin
GBAM! Na tail, Ayaf die. Na Distein we go go.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 9:26am On May 22, 2013
VanTee20:
... GBAM! Na tail, Ayaf die. Na Distein we go gosad...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You af die oh!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Jiteshell(f): 9:30am On May 22, 2013
VanTee20:
... GBAM! Na tail, Ayaf die. Na Distein we go gosad.....
hahaha:-D
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by LarrySun(m): 9:35am On May 22, 2013
Oga At The Top Indeed. grin This Is So Very Hilarious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Short Drama Script / The Diary / James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.