Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (47949 Views)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
EPISODE 8
Some minutes later, I was ushered into the king's chambers. I had changed my school uniform to a buba and sokoto I found in Stan's bag, but I still made sure I put the "serpent of the gods" around my neck o. That is was Casville had turned me to; tie on top buba.

The King was already engaged in a conversation with someone before I got there. When they saw me, they stopped and welcomed me profusely.

'Athanasius, Hither art Fabianus, the chief priest of our land,' the King said, after the exchange of pleasantries.

I shook hands with Fabianus and appraised him, he looked incredibly young. How did he even become the chief priest sef? He seems to be in his late teens or early twenties.

He looked vaguely familiar too, like I had seen him before, but I don't remember ever hearing the name Fabianus before.

'Fabianus, thou wilt go now with Athanasius to thy study to discuss the battle plans with him,' the King said to the silver haired chief priest.

... Battle bawo? Shey dis King dey madt neh? Abi na Igboh im smoke...

'Yes Sire,' Fabianus replied and then beckoned to me to follow him. I did, admist my confusion and surprise.

We got to his study after a few minutes walk. The study was so stuffed full of books that we barely had space to sit.

As soon as we got sitted, Fabianus cleared his throat and spoke with an expansive smile on his lips;

'Van, speak your mind, there are no prying eyes and ears around.'

My wide open mouth must have given away my surprise, for he grinned and said;

'Oh! You are surprised that I know your name, hunh? Well, I have the Sage's powers too. I'm actually his son. I can even speak Yoruba for you.'

...Sage's son? No wonder... This Casville people too get jazz o...

'OK. Let's start from here,' he started, as he raked his hands through his blonde hair. 'Do you know why you were chosen to save the people of Casville?'

'Not really, but the Sage told me that it's my destiny,' I answered.

'That's true. It's your destiny, only you can wield the black sword of the gods which will be used to kill Gustavus, the giant,' Fabianus explained.

... Yeepa! Giant ke? I be like David for these people eyes?...

To be continued...
Abeg make una drop una commentssmiley.

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
No comment for now
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: No comment for now
Oga foxy, why u dey do me like dis na? & you know wetin i fit do for you o.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 12:51am On May 01, 2013
I don comment o.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:27am On May 01, 2013
Damex333: I don comment o.
Thank you sirsmiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by fflamingo(m): 11:55am On May 01, 2013
I owe you six pence buh ur update self get as he be
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 1:35pm On May 01, 2013
fflamingo: I owe you six pence buh ur update self get as he be
No mind me. I'm thinking of getting a laptop, my kpalasa fone no dey help matters.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:10pm On May 01, 2013
Here is the link to the short story i dey try write. Help me check am===> www.nairaland.com/1274123/vans-jamb-experience-short-story:).
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Ice4jez(m): 3:47pm On May 01, 2013
VanTee20: Here is the link to the short story i dey try write. Help me check am===> www.nairaland.com/1274123/vans-jamb-experience-short-story:).
u neva finish one u dey tell use about another one.i bow for u oh.bro thank but i can fit read watin go make me vex.but all in all u get talent
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by frank317: 6:44pm On May 01, 2013
Good, now ensure u continue. Enjoyin it
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 10:13pm On May 01, 2013
Van this update is short angry
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:23pm On May 01, 2013
Ice4jez: u neva finish one u dey tell use about another one.i bow for u oh.bro thank but i can fit read watin go make me vex.but all in all u get talent
Thanks my brosmiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:24pm On May 01, 2013
frank3.16:
Good, now ensure u continue. Enjoyin it
Thanks sir. It's a great honour to have you reading my worksmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:26pm On May 01, 2013
oyestephen: Van this update is short angry
I know it's short. Ayam working on a lengthy update. No vex my brosmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Eneze1(f): 4:40pm On May 02, 2013
nice story line really enjoying it, please when are you going to update now, am really anxious
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:10pm On May 02, 2013
Eneze1: nice story line really enjoying it, please when are you going to update now, am really anxious
Thanks my sister. I was too busy to update today. I will update tomorrow, God willingsmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 11:18pm On May 02, 2013
You no go update now o, later you go say make I comment...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:25pm On May 02, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: You no go update now o, later you go say make I comment...
Wait till tomorrow na, I dey too busy to update today.... Buh make sure say u comment wen i update o or else Talmud things go happengrin.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Eneze1(f): 10:47am On May 03, 2013
VanTee20:
Thanks my sister. I was too busy to update today. I will update tomorrow, God willingsmiley.

good, please update oo and use it as a birthday gift to me
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 12:48pm On May 03, 2013
Eneze1:

good, please update oo and use it as a birthday gift to me
I'll do just that, btw happy birthday, many happy returnssmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Tovot: 4:10pm On May 03, 2013
look at the time now,and no update!then u want people to comment ehn?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 4:40pm On May 03, 2013
Tovot: look at the time now,and no update!then u want people to comment ehn?
No vex my bro, I will soon update. Make sure u comment when I post the update. Thankssmiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 03, 2013
Nice story! Buh ur updates are taking forever. . .
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 5:59pm On May 03, 2013
EPISODE 8 (contd.)
Before I could give him a reply, Fabianus let out a chuckle and said;

'Van, you are funny. You are not David and Gustavus is certainly not Golaiath. He is way stronger and more powerful.'

Honestly, I don't know why my mouth always fall open when I'm surprised. Yes that's exactly what happened as my mouth just fall open like gate wey no get gateman.

'You are surprised, eh? You shouldn't be my friend,' Fabianus remarked 'Remember I told you I have the Sage's power. I read minds too.'

'Ok. Where exactly is Gustavus now?' I asked weakly, trying my best to mask my confusion, surprise and fear.

'Errm... He is in the Distein forest,' Fabianus replied 'Let me show you a picture of him,' he added as he rose from his seat and walked to a shelf stuffed with books to get the picture.

He came back and handed me a small book with the picture of a beast-like giant (or is it a giant-like beast) bowing to a short, stocky man dressed in red and black on it.

'Who is this man?' I asked, pointing to the short man in the picture.

'You mean you don't know him?' Fabianus asked, looking very surprised 'Haven't you read the scroll the Sage gave you?'

'No, I haven't. I can't read Latin,' I replied.

'Ok. I'll give the english version of the scroll,' Fabianus said 'Back to that man in the picture. Well, his name is Justus.'

... Walahi! I don tire for all these 'us' wey dey end these people names o...

'He is a very powerful sorcerer and he is our biggest enemy,' Fabianus continued 'Right now, I think he is in Distein too, building up his immortal army.'

'Immortal whaaaat?'

'Immortal army, yes. He's planning to destroy Casvillé with it. That is why we need your help but we must first retrieve the black sword of the gods because without it you have no power at all.'

'Where is the black sword now?' I asked.

'The sword is in Carzëf, we will go there maybe next week to get the sword back because we must make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands,' Fabianus answered.

He stood up, signalling the end of our little meeting. I stood up too and we shook hands.

'Here is the english version of that scroll with you. It contains all the information you will need,' Fabianus said, as he gave me the new scroll.

'Thanks,' I muttered and started to make my way towards the door.

'Wait Van,' Fabianus called 'Here is something else you will be needing.'

I collected the thing, it was a book; Sun Tzu's The Art of War.

I returned to my room to find the King, the Queen, the Knights and the Noblemen there.

... Kai! Wetin be dis? Another bad news ko?...

'O Athanasius. We hath waited long for thee. The company art ready. Let us go,' the King said.

... Which kain greeting be dis na?...

'Where are we going?' I asked.

'To Austieres. A jousting tournament wilt be held thiter in thy honour,' the King replied.

... Jousting tournament? Wtf does that mean?...

To be continued...

Happy birthday ENEZEsmiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:05pm On May 03, 2013
Br3nd4: Nice story! Buh ur updates are taking forever. . .
Thanks ma'amsmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 6:40pm On May 03, 2013
Walai I no go comment until I see something tangible read. When you dey use phone, try update wella. Mtchw
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:22pm On May 03, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: Walai I no go comment until I see something tangible read. When you dey use phone, try update wella. Mtchw
Walahi U be oliver twistsmiley. U know d kind fone wey I dey use? Fone wey dey always white for face for almost fifteen minutes anytime I click submitgrin.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Marian17(f): 9:05pm On May 03, 2013
Nice one Van. Oya continue quick quick.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by kunmibola(m): 10:24pm On May 03, 2013
Guy, you dey try no be small but the updates are coming late. Try do something about it.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:26pm On May 03, 2013
kunmibola: Guy, you dey try no be small but the updates are coming late. Try do something about it.
I go try do something. Thanks my bro.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:27pm On May 03, 2013
Marian17: Nice one Van. Oya continue quick quick.
Thanks my sis. I will continue soon
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FameG(f): 11:45am On May 04, 2013
Van!!van!!! Where went ye? Behold if thou hath ready to finish thine story today, I would *dash* thee my laptop. Just ask and it shall be given unto you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Short Drama Script / The Diary / James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.