Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg (13412 Views)

The 3 Kids who Survived a Trailer Accident In Awka, Anambra / Cockold: Unknowingly Raising Kids That Aren’t Biologically Yours / Raising Kids Is Not Easy (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 10:42am On Feb 24, 2013
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by yuzedo: 10:42am On Feb 24, 2013
Woged2005:

Sir, if Nigeria is terribly poor what then will u say abt countries like Eritrea, Ethiopia, Uganda, Burkina Faso, Mali, Buruundi, etc but they don't behave like us?
ƪoƪ! That is a babanla inaccuracy!
I was in Ethiopia in December, I exaggerate not when I say I got BEGGED the life out of by EVERYONE I came in contact with! I got begged for chewing gum at Duty free (the rascally girl seized my entire pack until I pointed out I didn't give her the whole thing. She's like oh, ok..Decency didn't dictate she pick a stick, she took four! As if gum is the antidote to famine!).. Everyone at the hotel begged me. Girls, porters.. Oh my God! Departing, the airport, same thing.. Girls begging for money, I'm like no. Ok, buy me chocolate, I'm like wtf?! Can't you just allow me shop in peace dammit?!
... Sigh! Omo, we try for naija abeg! At least we have small pride & we beg with sense. That Ethiopian experience was so traumatic!

1 Like

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 10:42am On Feb 24, 2013
Lakayana: You sound like a beggar with that mentality. You are only poor when you believe you are. God forbid my Nigeria can never be poor.

your sanity is in question.

did you type these:

Lakayana: But when you are hungry like we are in 9ja when your next door neighbour or even you does not know were the next plate of food is coming from you will not waste food like it is done the white man's land.

Lakayana: how can he say in a crazy country like 9ja with population a of about one hundred and seventy million only 18 million is sick mentally.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by damiso(f): 10:47am On Feb 24, 2013
debrief08: There is a difference between sharing and begging.
I encourage my son to share oh and also to accept shared items from friends.
One of his best friends lives in an orphanage and he goes for play dates and sleep overs. Now they tell me my son eats a lot there while at home he struggles to eat and finish his meal but when he goes to see his friend he eats and asks for more am sure because he sees other kids eating.
Let us be honest as mothers kids prefer to eat out than eat at home, you can give them swiss chocolate but it is the 10naira sweet their friends eat that will sweet them pass.
I agree that the begging and expectation factor here can be something else but I also see people in so much lack all around while we wind up our windows so we wouldn't deal with the rot in our society.
I understand the greed people talk about and I actually prefer to give when you don't ask me like the cashiers in shops and attendants at parking lots, but I try to give and I am not to proud to receive.
We are all in this boat together and we have to open our minds, life is beyond us and our families, if this country sinks we sink together.
Apart from picking local charities to support we also try to support kids in schools and my husband has a weak spot for widows even though some of them can lie sha. But along the way we learn how to screen and smoke out the lies.
He has mentored a lot of them in growing their small businesses.

Let's look beyond the greedy ones and identify the real people in need and see how we can help.
We are not rich, we barely manage sometimes but we deny ourselves some luxuries our "mates" have so we can share with others.
I am happy I married someone who feels strongly as I do about sharing.
Truth is sometimes I wonder how we get so comfortable riding the worlds flashiest cars and gadgets in the midst of so much lack in our society.
We tell ourselves we have earned it and so should enjoy these things but I always remember the words of God "whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren you do to me"
And "He who gives to the Poor lends to the Lord"
I have watched so many people die and at that moment, their cars and jewleries and all the things we seem so crazy about are a distant memory.
The gap between the rich and dirt poor is scandalous and we term success as money, cars, phones and houses, yet some go to bed hungry and barely have clothes to cover their unclothedness in the same society where private jets are now the latest gadgets

Very spot on.+100 likes.

I am an advocate of when you realise someone is in NEED(and oftentimes those in need sometimes rarely ask),step in a gracious way so they dont feel worse than they are already feeling.Yeah as some people alluded to its not up to you to decide what is a need and what is a want BUT i do know that an Ipad is most def not a need.I do know that someone in the hospital who might have used up all his life savings for treatment is in Need.You dont even need the big show of letting him know,just pay part of the bill as discreetly as possible.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 24, 2013
yuzedo:
ƪoƪ! That is a babanla inaccuracy!
I was in Ethiopia in December, I exaggerate not when I say I got BEGGED the life out of by EVERYONE I came in contact with! I got begged for chewing gum at Duty free (the rascally girl seized my entire pack until I pointed out I didn't give her the whole thing. She's like oh, ok..Decency didn't dictate she pick a stick, she took four! As if gum is the antidote to famine!).. Everyone at the hotel begged me. Girls, porters.. Oh my God! Departing, the airport, same thing.. Girls begging for money, I'm like no. Ok, buy me chocolate, I'm like wtf?! Can't you just allow me shop in peace dammit?!
... Sigh! Omo, we try for naija abeg! At least we have small pride & we beg with sense. That Ethiopian experience was so traumatic!

hahahahahaha nigerians just make claims without thinking most times. grin
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 24, 2013
debrief08: There is a difference between sharing and begging.
I encourage my son to share oh and also to accept shared items from friends.
One of his best friends lives in an orphanage and he goes for play dates and sleep overs. Now they tell me my son eats a lot there while at home he struggles to eat and finish his meal but when he goes to see his friend he eats and asks for more am sure because he sees other kids eating.
Let us be honest as mothers kids prefer to eat out than eat at home, you can give them swiss chocolate but it is the 10naira sweet their friends eat that will sweet them pass.
I agree that the begging and expectation factor here can be something else but I also see people in so much lack all around while we wind up our windows so we wouldn't deal with the rot in our society.
I understand the greed people talk about and I actually prefer to give when you don't ask me like the cashiers in shops and attendants at parking lots, but I try to give and I am not to proud to receive.
We are all in this boat together and we have to open our minds, life is beyond us and our families, if this country sinks we sink together.
Apart from picking local charities to support we also try to support kids in schools and my husband has a weak spot for widows even though some of them can lie sha. But along the way we learn how to screen and smoke out the lies.
He has mentored a lot of them in growing their small businesses.

Let's look beyond the greedy ones and identify the real people in need and see how we can help.
We are not rich, we barely manage sometimes but we deny ourselves some luxuries our "mates" have so we can share with others.
I am happy I married someone who feels strongly as I do about sharing.
Truth is sometimes I wonder how we get so comfortable riding the worlds flashiest cars and gadgets in the midst of so much lack in our society.
We tell ourselves we have earned it and so should enjoy these things but I always remember the words of God "whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren you do to me"
And "He who gives to the Poor lends to the Lord"
I have watched so many people die and at that moment, their cars and jewleries and all the things we seem so crazy about are a distant memory.
The gap between the rich and dirt poor is scandalous and we term success as money, cars, phones and houses, yet some go to bed hungry and barely have clothes to cover their unclothedness in the same society where private jets are now the latest gadgets

totally agree with you, don't know how pastors can buy jets when there are people in their church who need N5k to buy malaria medication for their children, or widows struggling to feed their children.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by yuzedo: 11:03am On Feb 24, 2013
davidylan:

hahahahahaha nigerians just make claims without thinking most times. grin
Bros, I tire o! Make people dey talk d one wey dem know abeg. It is a huge fallacy to claim only Nigerians beg because of our mentality when in actual fact we carry ourselves better than others. I just wanted to point out that misinformation. You might be ignorant of going-ons in other countries cos u haven't experienced it first-hand, so don't make claims that aren't 100% factual.or what will you say about Europe and US where they INSIST on tips in many instances? It is like a culture. Abi no be yankee wey dem include tip for total restaurant bill the other day?

P.s. Nice stance you have on this thread.. Your posts have been real-talk.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Willgates(m): 11:46am On Feb 24, 2013
greatgod2012: Yes oo madam CC, always correct, just yesterday, my sister's kids came to play with my kids, and along d line, one of them was begging for biscuits from one of my kids, and d next thing i overheard my first kid telling him is...."dont you have self-esteem, why would you be begging for something, are you a policeman?"
and d other kid answered him....." what is soo special there, everyone begs for one thing or d other" and my kids replied....."noooooooo, its a lie, i have never begged for anything and i've never seen any of my parent begging for anything from anyone, so, its not everyone that begs"..........blah, blah, blah.....
so, op, d basis of my story is that, it lies with d parent, whatever you train your kid with is what he will grow up to be, ......."train a child d way he shall go and when hes old, he will not depart from it"
Anyone that begs cant possibly have that self-esteem and cant attract respect from pple, so, its our duty to teach our children self-esteem, its very important, lets always teach them to be self-dependent and self reliance rather than thinking that someone will help them to solve their problems.
May God help us all.

madam,u tryna tel us hw smart ur kids r huh? Even if dey wer d ones begging u for tel us? Tcheew....Mbok yak nkop mkpo! angry
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Lakayana: 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
tpia@:

your sanity is in question.

did you type these:

who's sanity are we talking about is it yours that is in love with me and stalking me about? The beggar that you are. Kiss kiss my poor crazy friend.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
I noticed on this thread that the word 'begging' is being substituted, on several comments, for 'asking'. I think begging is an exacerbated form of asking and the term is demeaning. There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone asking for favours, gift, or even a tip. In as much as I wouldn't like to be pestered about irrelevant things wanted by a stranger, i think we should be able to tell the difference between someone asking and another begging.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
Lmao @ people carrying a 'kids say the darnedest things' moment on top their heads. Even if the boy misrepresented/misinterpreted that term in that scenario, at least he already has some good life values introduced to him; not coveting other people's things and having self esteem something all organizations involved in child health recommends to be built into every child! Has anyone bothered to think about what happened before or next? Would I be surprised to hear his mom immediately went and gave the visiting boy his own biscuit or even threw in a quick lesson about sharing? Maybe they all had their own biscuits and the other child was asking for another persons share. Or do we assume great god is so mean that they had kids visiting and she gave only her child biscuits but not their guests?
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by kliverpool(m): 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2013
@debrief08:1000 likes.We can only say much about pple cos we have never felt the way they are feeling or we have forgotten when we were like them.MY dad died when I was 12 and left us with nothing.And 2 day I have ond/bsc with the help of uncle, aunties and in_laws.I can say I am a product of hand out pple help me to where I am 2day.I will never look down on pple and will always feel sorry for millions of pple who are helpless and hopeless.if u think u have 2day and will never seek for help,u don't know 2moro u never can tell who will help ur children 2moro. Give when u can and thank God for his mercies.

1 Like

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 24, 2013
Personally, I don't see anything wrong in asking when you are in need and you can't provide for yourself, but when you make it a habit or u just sit on your bum all day long and expect all your needs to be satisfied by begging people , then that is wrong. For Instance on this same NL, I saw a thread about a wife complaining abt her inlaws going on foreign vacations while her and her husband are still paying rent.
I doubt there is anyone here who would say he/she hasn't asked for help before, we should encourage sharing and helping the needy ONLY not the lazy entitled ones
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
Lakayana: who's sanity are we talking about is it yours that is in love with me and stalking me about? The beggar that you are. Kiss kiss my poor crazy friend.

you need medication for your schizophrenia.

dont quote my post again, i'm not a lesbian, sorry.

if you stalk me till tomorrow, na your life be that.

i guess your sensitivity to the topic shows you make begging your life's ambition, you must be used to it, so you see everything in your beggarly manner.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by biolabee(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
ifyalways: @Topic,If you don't show off,live like you own the world,no one would beg-beg you unnecessarily. This is just for those saying their fbk,bbm,and all social sites friends bug them.Keyword is unnecessarily eg asking for BB,weave-on,etc.If you go on social networks to pose you are encouraging and attracting beggars.IMO

Kids would always be kids and won't stop wanting a piece of what their mates have even when they have something bigger and better.I don't know how anyone would talk about self-esteem for a lad of 3 years who just want a piece biscuit from his playmate undecided

In one thread,we agreed its OK as mothers to go down the road to ask our neighbors for oil,salt,crayfish ati iru and today,we are all self sufficient islanders.Not surprised,na nld be dis . cheesy

I just give my boys what they need,tell them to ask me or their teacher/nanny if they want any other thing and to share with their mates.Shikena.I'll rather have kids that asked/begged than one who steal because he is too proud to ask

We should watch it,lest we raise non-compassionate kids all in the name of self esteem bla bla.Beggars have always been here and would always be here.

Oh a deborah is come to the thread
Dont worry when the food is well cooked the same children will tell their own parents they have no self esteem for them expecting their own kids to take care of them in their old age
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
if u think u have 2day and will never seek for help,u don't know 2moro

eod.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
chaircover:

Thats easy!!! most kids learn by watching you their parents. If you dont beg or keep on asking for favours from people all the time and you keep on drumming it into them the importance of hard work and being self sufficient, then they will get into the habit of being content with what they have no matter how little.
Gbam X100
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
nigeria is a poor country.

people should learn to deal with reality instead of fiction.

dont know why they want to start giving themselves airs , and because of what exactly.

if you feel you've arrived and therefore are better than poor nigerians, that's your own cup of beeswax, no need to start whining all over the place because you feel embarassed by your less priviledged relations.

na everything una suppose open thread for?

if guys now open similar threads commenting about your constant begging for brazilian hair and recharge card as well as blackberry, you'll be the ones asking why they're complaining.

the fact that women are the ones most vehement (or is it virulent) here, speaks volumes.

2 Likes

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by YOUNGKAHUNA: 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
chaircover:

Thats easy!!! most kids learn by watching you their parents. If you dont beg or keep on asking for favours from people all the time and you keep on drumming it into them the importance of hard work and being self sufficient, then they will get into the habit of being content with what they have no matter how little.
So True, I Took Over My Dad. He Never Did Ask For Anything From Anyone Even if He Needs It Dearly. My Mum Got Problem With That Though. She Said Be Like Your Father But Never Copy His Attitude.

#RIP Dad, You Are The Best Father Ever.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Piro4rl(m): 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2013
THIS IS REALLY INFORMATIVE.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by jasmine21(f): 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
Piro4rl: THIS IS REALLY INFORMATIVE.
I tell u! And very educative too. I've learnt a lot frm dis thread and even understood y I'm so self sufficient. My parents never begged frm anybody and always provided my siblings n I wot we needed n sometimes wanted. That's y I never understand y some pple who r able bodied beg? Any way that's life 4 u.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 24, 2013
jasmine21:
I tell u! And very educative too. I've learnt a lot frm dis thread and even understood y I'm so self sufficient. My parents never begged frm anybody and always provided my siblings n I wot we needed n sometimes wanted. That's y I never understand y some pple who r able bodied beg? Any way that's life 4 u.

Its hard to understand since you grew up with parents who could afford your needs AND wants. There are some whose parents cannot afford even their basic needs due to no fault of theirs. There are able-bodied people who are just not as lucky... try to lend a helping hand where you can. As a student in college, i had friends who could not afford anything and we would share whatever little i had. By the end of the week we would all be broke but it was a fun experience. till today (over 8 yrs since we graduated), many of them still search me out to say thank you for the time when i was willing to share with them in their time of need. I dont consider it a huge deal but it is good to know that when others needed help, i was able to do the best i could. You never know who is blessing you in their prayers for that congo of garri you gave them 10 yrs ago.

Today, those same people i could have called "beggars" are doing very well. Even the good book says we should be kind one to another. If you cant afford to give, say so politely and move on. Things like this are not worth starting a thread over...

1 Like

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by wy2000(m): 1:26am On Feb 25, 2013
davidylan:

Its hard to understand since you grew up with parents who could afford your needs AND wants. There are some whose parents cannot afford even their basic needs due to no fault of theirs. There are able-bodied people who are just not as lucky... try to lend a helping hand where you can. As a student in college, i had friends who could not afford anything and we would share whatever little i had. By the end of the week we would all be broke but it was a fun experience. till today (over 8 yrs since we graduated), many of them still search me out to say thank you for the time when i was willing to share with them in their time of need. I dont consider it a huge deal but it is good to know that when others needed help, i was able to do the best i could. You never know who is blessing you in their prayers for that congo of garri you gave them 10 yrs ago.

Today, those same people i could have called "beggars" are doing very well. Even the good book says we should be kind one to another. If you cant afford to give, say so politely and move on. Things like this are not worth starting a thread over...

I disagree with you, begging is a mental state and not determined by how rich or poor you are. My grandfather was soo broke he had only one "church" clothe for about 3 months, but he never begged and will not allow his kids to. He proudly said he achieved everything he did with his sweat and God.

That was translated to my dad who will skin us alive I'd he hears that. He never wanted any help even when offered by his richer siblings! Some of our relations had to raise serious complaints before we even agreed to receive gift from them.
During my school days, I learnt to manage my things because I know I won't beg if it finishes, but I still end up sharing it with others.
Up till now, I find it hard to ask for anything. My friends used to accuse me of being arrogant. I find it humiliating to beg, so I want to keep my pride.

Its about training yourselves not to need what you don't have! My parents knocked it into us and I thank then for that.

I help people when they ask for help, but I hate it when they beg. Unfortunately, I have noticed that I get begged more, cos I don't beg. People think you don't beg because you have enough!
I agree with the OP, we need to teach our kids, not to beg. It will serve them well. Luckily, I have a template.... They way I was raised!

2 Likes

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 1:34am On Feb 25, 2013
the fact that some of us are trying to tell you folks not to look down on everyone who asks for your assistance, doesnt mean others were raised to beg for things.

my own dad did not teach me to look down on those who are less priviledged than me, but i dont trumpet that all over the place because i dont see it as a big deal (my choice, dont quote or copy me). And, no matter what his faults were, my dad was a giver- he gave when he had, and in many ways besides financial assistance. Dont even let me mention my mum- her own giving no get parallel, even when she doesnt have, she will give outsiders of the tiny bit she does have. undecided Is that a fault? maybe, let God be the judge.

people were raised differently- some are from homes where they are taught to despise others who they're "better than", while others are from homes where they're taught to interact with everybody no matter your status in life. Its up to you as an adult, how you want to apply what you learnt while young, to your current environment.

tagging someone a "beggar" just because they requested something from you, is downright mean spirited. Says more about you than the person you're insulting.

learn to say no if you dont agree with a demand, without demeaning the asker. Some have a genuine need, why generalize and attack personas without distinguishing between a need and a want.

i would have thought these things are self-evident, this is why I constantly wonder what types of people post on nl.

1 Like

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 1:47am On Feb 25, 2013
wy2000:

I disagree with you, begging is a mental state and not determined by how rich or poor you are. My grandfather was soo broke he had only one "church" clothe for about 3 months, but he never begged and will not allow his kids to. He proudly said he achieved everything he did with his sweat and God.

The irony is that even Jesus Christ in the bible had to ask others for food and shelter on occasion. this "i am an island to myself" mentality is even more dangerous than "begging". I will train my kids to be contented with what they have... but i will also train them to remember that no condition is permanent and whenever it lies in your power to help someone less fortunate, do not hesitate to do so with all joy. There are some who "beg" out of greed, but the vast majority do so because they do have a genuine need.

I hope one day many of you "i can never beg" disciples do not get into life and death situations where you need the help of others. Hopefully they wont use your own "principles" to deny you critical help in your own time of need.

1 Like

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by armyofone(m): 1:52am On Feb 25, 2013
cool
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by wy2000(m): 2:19am On Feb 25, 2013
davidylan:

The irony is that even Jesus Christ in the bible had to ask others for food and shelter on occasion. this "i am an island to myself" mentality is even more dangerous than "begging". I will train my kids to be contented with what they have... but i will also train them to remember that no condition is permanent and whenever it lies in your power to help someone less fortunate, do not hesitate to do so with all joy. There are some who "beg" out of greed, but the vast majority do so because they do have a genuine need.

I hope one day many of you "i can never beg" disciples do not get into life and death situations where you need the help of others. Hopefully they wont use your own "principles" to deny you critical help in your own time of need.

The irony also is that the bible discourages begging. If we all read where the bible said that if better to be the giver than the receiver, we will beg less.

Begging should be the last resort. And used sparingly, mostly is life threatening situations.

If we all train our kids not to beg, it makes begging rare so that only the really needy will do it.

The OP is not saying that she wants to teach her kids not to give, but NOT to beg. I gave myself as an example of being trained not to beg. My parents taught me to give, in fact, I give so much I am now being warned by my relations that am being taking advantage of.
Even at that, I don't beg, and still find it hard to ask for help, even when I need it. EG at work!

I make a distinction between begging and asking for help. Help is part of humanity, and is one I won't decline.

Using the analogy from OP, if I hear that my kid is asking for a biscuit, I will skin him/her alive. I never asked anybody for biscuit as a kid. Heck, I didn't even accept a gift of one from kids!

1 Like

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by wy2000(m): 2:19am On Feb 25, 2013
davidylan:

The irony also is that the bible discourages begging. If we all read where the bible said that if better to be the giver than the receiver, we will beg less.

Begging should be the last resort. And used sparingly, mostly is life threatening situations.

If we all train our kids not to beg, it makes begging rare so that only the really needy will do it.

The OP is not saying that she wants to teach her kids not to give, but NOT to beg. I gave myself as an example of being trained not to beg. My parents taught me to give, in fact, I give so much I am now being warned by my relations that am being taking advantage of.
Even at that, I don't beg, and still find it hard to ask for help, even when I need it. EG at work!

I make a distinction between begging and asking for help. Help is part of humanity, and is one I won't decline.

Using the analogy from OP, if I hear that my kid is asking for a biscuit, I will skin him/her alive. I never asked anybody for biscuit as a kid. Heck, I didn't even accept a gift of one from kids!

2 Likes

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 2:32am On Feb 25, 2013
wy2000:

God bless you! The idea that anyone on this thread suggested looking down on or laughing at the needy or the poor/refusing to help people in need is purely a figment of some people's imagination.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 3:36am On Feb 25, 2013
tagging someone a "beggar" just because they requested something from you, is downright mean spirited. Says more about you than the person you're insulting.

learn to say no if you dont agree with a demand, without demeaning the asker. Some have a genuine need, why generalize and attack personas without distinguishing between a need and a want.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 3:38am On Feb 25, 2013
the lady who mentioned biscuits should just remove or edit her post, that's all. You dont know who is reading what you type. Why offend people uneccessarily, although of course its a free world.

and the ones agreeing with the op should mind who they agree with on nl, the fact that someone opens a thread doesnt mean they're ok upstairs. Sometimes you need to let them know they are in error.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 25, 2013
How people raise their kids is NOBODY'S business shikena! Times have changed and so is parenting.

If I see any of my kids asking /begging/ whatever you want to call it for cookies from another kid, she already knows the consequences angry
Some people find begging degrading while some see nothing wrong with it, we are different with diverse opinions/principles/ upbringing.
And I really find it catechizing listing all humanitarian work / deeds I'm involved , as I owe no one explanation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Good Primary And Secondary Schools In Ejigbo/ajao Estate, Lagos. / A Must Read Letter From A Mistress To Wives / This Is A Tough One: Will You Forgive Your Kids If They Tried To Kill You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.