Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg (13278 Views)

The 3 Kids who Survived a Trailer Accident In Awka, Anambra / Cockold: Unknowingly Raising Kids That Aren’t Biologically Yours / Raising Kids Is Not Easy (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Petraman(m): 8:03am On Feb 25, 2013
chaircover:

Thats easy!!! most kids learn by watching you their parents. If you dont beg or keep on asking for favours from people all the time and you keep on drumming it into them the importance of hard work and being self sufficient, then they will get into the habit of being content with what they have no matter how little.
Nice one
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by kokolet007(f): 8:38am On Feb 25, 2013
Wow! So much love this post! Naturally I don't like begging for things but just recently am seeing myself as a fool when my friends don't use their money for BIS,receiving money from family friends ETC, and me am still pestering my parent for some needs....though am a student,I need some cash and some other things but due to my kind of person I find it hard asking my new friend to load my phone or compose a lie how sick I am' how broke I have been, I can't go to the cafeteria and see a friend an force my bills on them but my friend do these conviently and goes as she plan it,which sometimes make me feel that am a fool and not smart enough....Do u think these though are right??
Am sure these topic has help me to give some answer to some questions.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 25, 2013
Different People have Different OPPINIONs on this issue, that's why its a public forum.
To take someones oppnion and personalise it and even consider it as an attack is what I don't understand.
If I respond like wise now, I will be termed a "hater" and a "bully".
WE ARE DIFFERENT, DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS, DIFFERENT WAYS OF LIVING. We all can't live the same way, get used to that and stop having the need to believe someone who differs from you must be wrong or you must justify yourself to that person.
This is just a site, take things easy.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
What exactly is the purpose of family section on nl?

The site owner has never said he's married, mukina has never claimed that either, so why does the site need a family section when even the owners cant relate to anything here?

A lot of the topics are simply used to engender hate and spread discontent and voodoo.

Much of the rest isnt very useful either.

There are specific sites on the web where people can go to find information if they need it, doesnt necessarily have to be here.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Hardfact: 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2013
One possible shortcut is to be born with a silver spoon.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by chyseth(m): 1:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
#JUST PASSING SHA#
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
Debrief yes o it's just a medium for everybody to give DIFFERENT opinions so I don't see what some people's beef is?

You( not you Debrief), don't like people quoting you and yet you insult everybody on here and think you're Solomon that can make calls on how things should be run.
Honestly I'm looking forward to that day I will you HOSE you down ( who knows maybe its today , even though its Monday morning, I'll still manage to fvck you up real good! undecided)

NL owners doesn't have to be married to create a family section, Your GOD doesn't create everybody uniformly and that's why we have diverse way of doing things, if you can't deal, shut your wrinkled face and get the h ell outta this section! angry
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
Yes Ma.
Thank You
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Teepeemumsy(f): 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
Frm d tone of sum persns on dis tread,all i cn deduce is tryn 2 get justificatn 4 wickednex,selfishnex n hatred.God bless u Davidylan
davidylan: This thread is an agglomeration of people who are simply here by accident of birth. If anyone of us were to be unfortunate to have been born dirt poor in nigeria i wonder if your tone here would be different. People beg in nigeria simply because it is a country where more than 70% live on less than $1 a day... that is a country where more than 75% are living in sheer poverty. Sometimes people beg, not because it is an ingrained culture but because they HAVE to do so to survive. When i was growing up, there were times when my folks were so hard up it was painful to watch my proud mother have to ask people beneath her for some extra cash to tide her young kids through. Did she want to? No... but sometimes condition forces you to do things you would never wish to. thank God for mercies, grace and hardwork... you look back on days like that and you cannot but say thank you to everyone who was kind enough to spare a little change here and there to keep us going until the good times smiled on us again.

Feel free to say no and be principled about it... i do all the time. Coming online to laugh at the unfortunate circumstance of others is not fair.

Lets be honest, many here are financially not much better than the people they sneer at. It is easier to survive here because there are government benefits to lean on in hard times, there are credit cards to tide you over until the next month, food is dirt cheap... i try not to laugh at those who beg today... who knows, you might just be the one needing their help tomorrow. As they say, no condition is permanent.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Teepeemumsy(f): 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
Frm d tone of sum persns on dis tread,all i cn deduce is tryn 2 get justificatn 4 wickednex,selfishnex n hatred.God bless u Davidylan
davidylan: This thread is an agglomeration of people who are simply here by accident of birth. If anyone of us were to be unfortunate to have been born dirt poor in nigeria i wonder if your tone here would be different. People beg in nigeria simply because it is a country where more than 70% live on less than $1 a day... that is a country where more than 75% are living in sheer poverty. Sometimes people beg, not because it is an ingrained culture but because they HAVE to do so to survive. When i was growing up, there were times when my folks were so hard up it was painful to watch my proud mother have to ask people beneath her for some extra cash to tide her young kids through. Did she want to? No... but sometimes condition forces you to do things you would never wish to. thank God for mercies, grace and hardwork... you look back on days like that and you cannot but say thank you to everyone who was kind enough to spare a little change here and there to keep us going until the good times smiled on us again.

Feel free to say no and be principled about it... i do all the time. Coming online to laugh at the unfortunate circumstance of others is not fair.

Lets be honest, many here are financially not much better than the people they sneer at. It is easier to survive here because there are government benefits to lean on in hard times, there are credit cards to tide you over until the next month, food is dirt cheap... i try not to laugh at those who beg today... who knows, you might just be the one needing their help tomorrow. As they say, no condition is permanent.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
i dont see what the function of this section is.

a lot of the people here are simply pretending to be in heterosexual relationships.

that's why any normal thing is so strange to them, and they view it as evil.

they simply cant relate to the average person, and are always anti-values and anti- whoever isnt one of them.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
Lol, my mom tried with the whole don't beg cliche, even used witch stories, I still begged as a kid grin tongue , not when she was around of course.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
stillwater: Lol, my mom tried with the whole don't beg cliche, even used witch stories, I still begged as a kid grin tongue , not when she was around of course.
Lol, I remember a particular story about forgotten biscuits turning to a human finger on laundry day or so. Classic I tell ya. grin

PS: You had major self esteem issues as a child. What a shame. Thank God you're over that now? grin grin grin
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by biolabee(m): 5:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
tpia@:
a lot of the people here are simply pretending to be in heterosexual relationships.

that's why any normal thing is so strange to them, and they view it as evil.

they simply cant relate to the average person, and are always anti-values and anti- whoever isnt one of them.

shocked shocked
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
Everybody on NL is pretending, site filled with Hoaxed stories/ views eh?
And yet you bring your frustrated behind here pretending to be a born again.
Ko oshi ara e kuro jor! Or you want me to call @BABE! for you? Get yourself a dil do will ya? cheesy
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by armyofone(m): 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
lol, grew up with that too. Worst if you are from my place lipsrsealed. Everything dem use winch rub and must not accept but as kids growing up, we did what we're asked not to do, hidden though.

Blessed are those who give, for they shall be comforted.

stillwater: Lol, my mom tried with the whole don't beg cliche, even used witch stories, I still begged as a kid grin tongue , not when she was around of course.
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by baby124: 7:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
Nigerian's enable beggers by pitying them. I mean see pistorious? See whats his name? The blind producer? A person can be disabled but not useless. It is better to empower than give money. Me i dont give money, i ask how i can help. If it is food you want, i will buy it. I will never give my hard earned money for you to go and smoke igbo, or give one random girl/boy. rubbish. undecided
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
armyofone: lol, grew up with that too. Worst if you are from my place lipsrsealed. Everything dem use winch rub and must not accept but as kids growing up, we did what we're asked not to do, hidden though.

Blessed are those who give, for they shall be comforted.

fresh_dude: Lol, I remember a particular story about forgotten biscuits turning to a human finger on laundry day or so. Classic I tell ya. grin

PS: You had major self esteem issues as a child. What a shame. Thank God you're over that now? grin grin grin

Lol, I was told the finger story too. I begged other kids and other kids begged me too. I think the equation is balanced. grin You get out of it in your teenage years when shakara starts. cool tongue
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Nobody: 4:21am On Feb 26, 2013
baby_123: Nigerian's enable beggers by pitying them. I mean see pistorious? See whats his name? The blind producer? A person can be disabled but not useless. It is better to empower than give money. Me i dont give money, i ask how i can help. If it is food you want, i will buy it. I will never give my hard earned money for you to go and smoke igbo, or give one random girl/boy. rubbish. undecided

For every pistorious there are millions in that same South Africa who are dirt poor and begging. In addition, pistorious lives in a country where sanity prevails... lastly, pistorious is white...
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by biolabee(m): 5:28am On Feb 26, 2013
davidylan:

For every pistorious there are millions in that same South Africa who are dirt poor and begging. In addition, pistorious lives in a country where sanity prevails... lastly, pistorious is white...

GBAM!
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
is it every month the op opens these threads?
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Woged2005(f): 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
tpia@:
is it every month the op opens these threads?

Please help me push the thread to front page again. It's been lull for a while. God bless uuuuuuuuuu! I even forgot the thread. grin grin grin grin grin, being happppppyyyyyy and hanging out with wonderful friends, listening to oldie naija jams. Never knew Chris Okotie was once Nigeria's Michael Jackson. You need to hear his music in the 70's.. cheesy cheesy cheesy Cool!
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tpia5: 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
If you want to marry chris okotie thats your own problem dear!

He's the only one who fit marry you!

A kan lo e a de dump e segbe kan naani!

Meaning he'll just take what you have to offer and then dump you in the corner since your dream of sh.agging him has now been fulfilled, so make way for others to also have their turn abi na only you dey see am?
Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by Woged2005(f): 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
tpia@:
If you want to marry chris okotie thats your own problem dear!

He's the only one who fit marry you!

A kan lo e a de dump e segbe kan naani!

Meaning he'll just take what you have to offer and then dump you in the corner since your dream of sh.agging him has now been fulfilled, so make way for others to also have their turn abi na only you dey see am?

Busted! Angry teen on the loose. Posters beware and don't be deceived by bible quotations in other posts...You know a good Christian from the word he/she utters..you can't be a Christian in one post...but hating, cursing, & using sickening ungodly words other times. Help expose fake people on NL! People have lost fortune here.

1 Like

Re: Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg by tck2000(m): 9:00am On Jul 13, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Herbert Wigwe Wife Biography, Children, Net Worth / How's Your Relationship With Your Siblings? Toxic Or Healthy? / If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.