Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,607 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? (17577 Views)

I Cant Find Www.arebsfashion.com On Search Engines.why? / URL Redirecting To .com.ng? Here Is Fix + Restores Ad On Desktop View / Was Nairaland.com On Forum12.com Domain Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Zector(m): 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
pls help us find solution to this thing, the unwanted page keepon showing
thanks
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2013
UPDATE.
nairaland now redirect to
http://demo.opera-mini.net/public

omo i dey laugh oh grin
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
ActiveMan: UPDATE.
nairaland now redirect to
http://demo.opera-mini.net/public

omo i dey laugh oh grin

[s]i think this as a result of forbes and alexa achievement [/s]
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by drlizzy(f): 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
@UFOTUKO Please how do I reclaim my hacked blog www.livinghealthyways.com
Thanks
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by newacca: 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
google also redirecting to one hobatoba dot com on etisalat angry Shyt!!! Even facebook not going on my etisalat angry
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by soloqy: 3:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
ufotuko: Who the Bleep is hiding posts?u people should not let me get mad with you because if I do you will regret it,abeg make una no spoil business for seun,because when nairaland gets defaced it will affect his life so you guys should be careful with who you are messing with

Pleas stop all the threats and bragging.

White hat hackers don't talk like this.

Even malicious hackers don't advertise and threaten. They just do it and get on with other things.
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2013
grin grin grin
Etisalat thins grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by soloqy: 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2013
ufotuko: are you insane?

Such a kid.. Throwing tantrums around as if someone took away your lollypop.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2013
oche_ejemb: Sounds like DNS poisoning. Very embarassing on Etisalat's part. That means that anyone trying to log in to say an online banking site can easily be sent to a spoof site that looks like the original and tricked into giving out thier details.
hmmm... *smiles wickedly* cool
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
I see a problem with the etisalat DNS server which is preventing it from resolving queries for NL

C:\>nslookup
> server mobile.etisalat.com.ng
Default Server: mobile.etisalat.com.ng
Address: 72.55.142.251

> google.com
Server: mobile.etisalat.com.ng

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to mobile.etisalat.com.ng timed-out
> nairaland.com

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
>
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
soloqy:

Such a kid.. Throwing tantrums around as if someone took away your lollypop.
now I can see that you are truly insane.,yes someone took away my lollypop may be you can help me to find it.mad man
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by ndlife: 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
ufotuko: are you insane?

Ufotuko....pls if u can hack,there is one useless number dat is blackmailing me.abeg oo help me,hack dat person
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by plendil: 3:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
ufotuko: when it is re-directing is it showing any ip on the page?if it is showing drop the ip address here and let me help you out

this is the progression while redirecting:

Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by ignis: 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2013
Mine is opening normally.
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by hrhobi1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2013
Same here nairaland = mynail
Google =hobatoba.com
Facebook= access denied page.

But when I use us ip it works well.
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by ocheejemb: 4:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
eGuerrilla: I see a problem with the etisalat DNS server which is preventing it from resolving queries for NL

C:\>nslookup
> server mobile.etisalat.com.ng
Default Server: mobile.etisalat.com.ng

> google.com

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
> nairaland.com

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to m

According to this Etisalats DNS server is in Egypt, which just sounds daft and inefficient when you need to query a server in Egypt before accessing any page.
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by neksummi(m): 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
This is serious. A similar thing happened to my friend on Friday!
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by ocheejemb: 4:05pm On Feb 24, 2013
Please if you are affected go to your command line (Start > Run > Cmd and Enter)
and type

ping www.nairaland.com
tracert www.nairaland.com
nslookup www.nairaland.com

Also type ipconfig to see what your DNS settings are
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2013
plendil:

this is the progression while redirecting:
you know what,when it redirects to the website,on the address bar add /142.35.110hash? To the website,and click enter,whatever it brings out on the page,just copy and paste it and send it to mayten12345@gmail.com then will work on it,please do not post it here oo.
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by universalbets(m): 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
@OP
I use Etisalat too. On Safari browser trying to open google.com.ng redirects to hobatoba and naij.com since 12:42pm today sunday 24th of Feb-2013.

I am compelled to use yahoo.com now pending when this is resolved
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
Guys try using proxy servers for now while my team resolve this ish. Thanks
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by soloqy: 4:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
aze: Guys try using proxy servers for now while my team resolve this ish. Thanks

Do we take it that its Etisalat staff that is talking now?
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
Nope. NL Concept Creator and CoOwner.

soloqy:

Do we take it that its Etisalat staff that is talking now?
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by najoke: 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
I just cleared my CACHE wholla i can now open my ALMIGHTY nairaland

oooooohhhh......i have missed u baby grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by ManTiger(m): 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2013
souleymon:

Russian owns Naijj.com
the Niche is basically on 9ija
Utilizing our population for traffic
sounds like someone i knw.
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by universalbets(m): 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
Cannot open Nairaland using Etisalat but using Airtel for now. Called their CSR she said i should use my modem in a few hours time.
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
U can use a proxy for now to assess NL.it will def.bypass the DNS poisoning targeted at d gateways used by Nigerians...even with d same Etisalat line...meanwhile d "geeks" at EMTS can try IP restriction/block on dos suspected redirected sites....temporarily while d issue is analysed.
Re: Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
It is at times like this that I think the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) should mandate all Telcos to provide public-facing online support forums (and not simply FAQ pages), to compensate for the exorbitant charges mobile service users are forced to pay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For / Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana / Make Money Blogging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.