Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church (4410 Views)

What Do I Do? She Insists We Must Have Sex In Our Relationship / Girl Slept With Guy At Her Church; Look At What He Sent Her On Whatsapp / When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Oldboy1: 6:41am On Feb 27, 2013
My cousin's girl friend is insisting that my cousin must agree to wed her in her church before she agrees to marry him and probably follow him to his church.
My cousin is an anglican while the babe attends Christ Embassy.The lady is having the argument that a man marries the wife in her church and then take her to his church if he loves her and also that is how it's written in the bible. My cousin is saying he has to do his wedding in the church he attends, that if the girl is serious and really wants to marry him, she will not be giving him conditions.
I now want to ask, what is wrong with people and church these days? I know it's mainly catholics that will insist that a man who wants to marry their daughter and it's not a catholic must have his wedding in catholic church after which the girl will start attending the man's church. Some after wedding them in catholic church will refuse to attend the man's church still. Other churches like anglican church don't do that. I know a friend that attends catholic and married a lady from Redeem and wedded her in catholic church.
So does it mean that men who do not wed in their wives church before taking her to his church commit sin?

2 Likes

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Exponental(m): 6:50am On Feb 27, 2013
The norms is that u marry a lady in her church irrespective of ur denomination. If d family of a lady agrees d marriage takes place in d guy's church, it's either d lady is pregnant n d lady's church wont join them or they've sold themselves out. Even if a christian guy marries an alhaja, nikkai will done thereafter seek church's blessing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by dopeJemi: 6:52am On Feb 27, 2013

Dat is hau it is done B4 nau
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by djeezy(m): 6:58am On Feb 27, 2013
It doesn't matter, they can wed in any church even anew one. Abi no be christian marriage dem dey find?

1 Like

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Mboi: 7:21am On Feb 27, 2013
Exponental: The norms is that u marry a lady in her church irrespective of ur denomination. If d family of a lady agrees d marriage takes place in d guy's church, it's either d lady is pregnant n d lady's church wont join them or they've sold themselves out. Even if a christian guy marries an alhaja, nikkai will done thereafter seek church's blessing.

So it means that all those parents that their daughter weds in the man's church, have sold themselves out? If I may ask; what do you mean by selling themselves out?
Is it a sin that a girl weds in the mans's church?
Also what if the man's church refuses to wed them too as the girl is pregnant, they'll wed in the mans sitting room abi?

1 Like

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by chuksbogus: 8:03am On Feb 27, 2013
listen,it is neva d norm ok.its some churches dat indoctrinates their memners and d fanatical one will swallow it hook and sinker.listen i am a penticostal and my wife was a catholic,infact they have 2 Rev sisters and a Fr in their family so the parents came up with dat issue i told them dat they cant tell me where to wed. My wife told them dat she is ready to wed in my own church dat am d man. Listen dat ur Gf should neva give u any condition on which she will marry u. To me iys show wat dat girl is capable of doing wen we finaly get married.where were her male church members b4 u decided to marry her.she shld stsy there and marry her pastor
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by abohrandy: 8:08am On Feb 27, 2013
must they marry in church? make dey go do court and trad wedding nah, shuo
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 27, 2013
Exponental: The norms is that u marry a lady in her church irrespective of ur denomination. If d family of a lady agrees d marriage takes place in d guy's church, it's either d lady is pregnant n d lady's church wont join them or they've sold themselves out. Even if a christian guy marries an alhaja, nikkai will done thereafter seek church's blessing.
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by andyanders: 9:02am On Feb 27, 2013
She is right in what she is saying. That is the right thing for him to do.Go and marry the lady in her Church and now take her to his own church.

At this point you people are still arguing what is right. Hope this marriage will not go down the drain as your cousin have stated claiming right.Na waoooooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by remecy(f): 9:02am On Feb 27, 2013
Interesting comments. Is appropriate for the lady to wed in her church because that is the last respect you accord to her as a single lady so every man must honour that.
On the otherhand she can get married in any church of their choice only if she is a church hopper.
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Kirinwa: 11:28am On Feb 27, 2013
WTF! A woman who has already started such agitation before marriage is bad luck.Follow your man or remain single for life!! Like they have a choice. undecided

1 Like

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Exponental(m): 2:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
Mboi:

So it means that all those parents that their daughter weds in the man's church, have sold themselves out? If I may ask; what do you mean by selling themselves out?
Also what if the man's church refuses to wed them too as the girl is pregnant, they'll wed in the mans sitting room abi?

when d bride's family cannot take a stand.......it's a sell out!
why shld a family allow their daughter marry in d guy's church....do u do traditional wedding in d groom's house? Was it d bride's family dat visited during introduction b4 marriage?
The bride remains d host 4 d intro, engagement n churching! U dont necessarily have 2 do d wedding in d same church u attend, it could be dat same denomination in another location or as agreed by d family.
If u subject urself 2 d groom's church, it means, u dont av an integrity from where u come from.
Church blessing is totally different from wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Kirinwa: 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
Rubbish, junk, trash! What exactly are these people talking about? Some are even talking out of context like ^^^
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by dmcdad: 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
chuksbogus: listen,it is neva d norm ok.its some churches dat indoctrinates their memners and d fanatical one will swallow it hook and sinker.listen i am a penticostal and my wife was a catholic,infact they have 2 Rev sisters and a Fr in their family so the parents came up with dat issue i told them dat they cant tell me where to wed. My wife told them dat she is ready to wed in my own church dat am d man. Listen dat ur Gf should neva give u any condition on which she will marry u. To me iys show wat dat girl is capable of doing wen we finaly get married.where were her male church members b4 u decided to marry her.she shld stsy there and marry her pastor
Gbam!!! I am solidly behind you on this bruv...

1 Like

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by dmcdad: 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
Kirinwa: WTF! A woman who has already started such agitation before marriage is bad luck.Follow your man or remain single for life!! Like they have a choice. undecided
Gbam!!!

Imagine a would-be-wife agitating on where the wedding is to hold, how would it be when they finally come together?

Are you sure the both of them wont end up having much problems than usual?

Girl never enter house don dey do gra gra...

2 Likes

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by carmelion(f): 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
Talking about white wedding,I want to tell you guys that it is just a fun fair.Though I would still want to wear my Cinderella gown but couples should stop making trivial issues come in between them.Yes i said that.

When a man performs all the traditional rites,he is your rightful husband.He has already pulled his people to your side during the trad,whats the big deal in pulling your own people to his church.or wont you follow him to his church after marriage?.

Personally for me,I would want to wed in my husband's church.When you accept to marry someone,you should accept everything about them.

3 Likes

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by dmcdad: 5:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
carmelion: Talking about white wedding,I want to tell you guys that it is just a fun fair.Though I would still want to wear my Cinderella gown but couples should stop making trivial issues come in between them.Yes i said that.

When a man performs all the traditional rites,he is your rightful husband.He has already pulled his people to your side during the trad,whats the big deal in pulling your own people to his church.or wont you follow him to his church after marriage?.

Personally for me,I would want to wed in my husband's church.When you accept to marry someone,you should accept everything thing about them.

Gbam!!! Infact, I owe you...
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Kalkulate: 12:54am On Oct 24, 2022
Lalasticlala Mynd44 is ishilove mukina2....pls pls pls push this to front page. Having this Problem with my fiance
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Dshocker(m): 1:13am On Oct 24, 2022
Oldboy1:
My cousin's girl friend is insisting that my cousin must agree to wed her in her church before she agrees to marry him and probably follow him to his church.
My cousin is an anglican while the babe attends Christ Embassy.The lady is having the argument that a man marries the wife in her church and then take her to his church if he loves her and also that is how it's written in the bible. My cousin is saying he has to do his wedding in the church he attends, that if the girl is serious and really wants to marry him, she will not be giving him conditions.
I now want to ask, what is wrong with people and church these days? I know it's mainly catholics that will insist that a man who wants to marry their daughter and it's not a catholic must have his wedding in catholic church after which the girl will start attending the man's church. Some after wedding them in catholic church will refuse to attend the man's church still. Other churches like anglican church don't do that. I know a friend that attends catholic and married a lady from Redeem and wedded her in catholic church.
So does it mean that men who do not wed in their wives church before taking her to his church commit sin?

Na girl church dem suppose wed naaa
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Fiscus105(m): 3:33am On Oct 24, 2022
Oldboy1:

".....the lady is Insisting your cousin should marry her in her church before she can agree to marry him......."

Red flag number 1. Your cousin's wife to be will not be submissive.
Red flag number 2. Your cousin's fiancee will be controlling your cousin when they married.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Fahvvy: 5:04am On Oct 24, 2022
Omorr....
This thing shouldn't be an issue na undecided...

Anywhere that the family agrees to marry, I'm game, no big deal undecided...

However the ultimatum part on the side of the female is where I have a problem undecided...

"If we don't do the wedding in my church I can't marry you", what sort of talk is this?? No single room for a negotiation angry...

I believe that we should seat down and discuss matters... We should both agree to disagree and re-agree undecided...

And any one that gives me this sort of ultimatum "my way or the high way" is a goner angry...
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by chymeze: 6:36am On Oct 24, 2022
The usual thing is that the wedding is done in the lady's church because it is assumed that it's the man that is going to take her from her father's place and bring her into his home. Subsequently, the lady then worships at the man's church. So I really don't think this should be a problem. If she insists that the wedding should be in her church, then she's within her rights to ask for it since it's the norm. But after you marry her, the norm is that the lady now worships at her husband's church since she now belongs to you.

1 Like

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by chymeze: 6:38am On Oct 24, 2022
Fahvvy:
Omorr....
This thing shouldn't be an issue na undecided...

Anywhere that the family agrees to marry, I'm game, no big deal undecided...

However the ultimatum part on the side of the female is where I have a problem undecided...

"If we don't do the wedding in my church I can't marry you", what sort of talk is this?? No single room for a negotiation angry...

I believe that we should seat down and discuss matters... We should both agree to disagree and re-agree undecided...

And any one that gives me this sort of ultimatum "my way or the high way" is a goner angry...
Okay I now understand. For her to make this statement means she ultimately may not love you because I can't understand how choice of wedding venue should stop her from marrying someone who she should love beyond church venue

1 Like

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by benqo01(m): 7:12am On Oct 24, 2022
Mboi:

Bro it's a norm the wedding must be done in the girls church no need to argue about it let him go ahead

1 Like

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by benqo01(m): 7:16am On Oct 24, 2022
Oldboy1:

Why re u giving yaself headache over nothing u know that is how it is done, its not about her doing gra gra she is right on this wan....
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Sammy07: 7:44am On Oct 24, 2022
Kalkulate:
Lalasticlala Mynd44 is ishilove mukina2....pls pls pls push this to front page. Having this Problem with my fiance

Really? This shouldn't be a problem really.

Exponental:

when d bride's family cannot take a stand.......it's a sell out!
why shld a family allow their daughter marry in d guy's church....do u do traditional wedding in d groom's house? Was it d bride's family dat visited during introduction b4 marriage?
The bride remains d host 4 d intro, engagement n churching! U dont necessarily have 2 do d wedding in d same church u attend, it could be dat same denomination in another location or as agreed by d family.
If u subject urself 2 d groom's church, it means, u dont av an integrity from where u come from.
Church blessing is totally different from wedding.

Here lies your answer.

Engagements, Wedding, Church blessings are done in the bride's place.

Thereafter, he takes his wife to his place.

1 Like

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Streetmovement(m): 7:51am On Oct 24, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Na that ultimatum wey she give your cousin be my problem, that marriage could be full of issues from left to right, personally I wouldn't go ahead with the wedding cuz of that ultimatum. For starters that's a show of her being controlling and non-submisive asf.

Couples are to have a one on one when it comes to decision making not one person just waking up and laying his/her own opinion on the other without consulting the other's feeling and involvement.

If you no fit reason with me your hubby to be you leave am cuz I don't like stress at all

1 Like

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Badhguy(m): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2022
All this wedding in church talk na useless. Am planing to invite a priest or pastor over to wed us, not inside church. Wedding mustn't be right inside a Church.

If the priests or pastors refuse to come over and insist I do it right inside the church. He should go f**k himself period.
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Fahvvy: 11:03am On Oct 24, 2022
chymeze:

Okay I now understand. For her to make this statement means she ultimately may not love you because I can't understand how choice of wedding venue should stop her from marrying someone who she should love beyond church venue

Maybe undecided...
Or maybe it's important to her and she expects the guy to "understand" undecided...

Either ways...
My wahala here is the ultimatum...

If she can issue me an ultimatum on a matter as trivial as this, then how much more on more important matters such as which state/country to relocate to or how many kids to have etc...

Abeg o...
There are ways more diplomatic ways to go about this thing, not all this crap she's saying undecided...

@bolded
You can't figure women out with logic sir grin...
So you wouldn't understand why she was acting that way...

The best way to relate with a woman is to relate with her as you would a stubborn child grin...

1 Like

Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Nonywendy(m): 1:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
andyanders:
She is right in what she is saying. That is the right thing for him to do.Go and marry the lady in her Church and now take her to his own church.

At this point you people are still arguing what is right. Hope this marriage will not go down the drain as your cousin have stated claiming right.Na waoooooooooo
who made it the right thing? U open mouth waaaaaa dey cap nonsense. Why is the traditional marriage done in d girls hometown or house? U go to her house to marry her, then u can choose where to do ur wedding since u hv married her
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Nonywendy(m): 1:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
remecy:
Interesting comments. Is appropriate for the lady to wed in her church because that is the last respect you accord to her as a single lady so every man must honour that.
On the otherhand she can get married in any church of their choice only if she is a church hopper.
useless honour doctored by some ladies
Re: Girl Insists Wedding Must Be In Her Church by Nonywendy(m): 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
carmelion:
Talking about white wedding,I want to tell you guys that it is just a fun fair.Though I would still want to wear my Cinderella gown but couples should stop making trivial issues come in between them.Yes i said that.

Personally for me,I would want to wed in my husband's church.When you accept to marry someone,you should accept everything about them.

you are the MVP on this thread now. Ur brain is still intact

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love Experts, Make Una Analyse This TXT Message For Me. / The Crazy Encounter The Day I Met My Husband / Youtuber Mistakenly Uploads His S*xtape On Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.