Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,819 members, 7,841,170 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Engaged?is It A Criteria? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Engaged?is It A Criteria? (3665 Views)

Five Criteria Ladies Use In Disqualifying Suitors / Should Virginity Be A Criteria In Choosing A Wife? / Her Virginity Was Used As A Criteria To Secure A Job For Her Lover! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by 4Him(m): 1:30am On Mar 21, 2008
stillwater:

In my opinion do not engage me if you are still having doubt, period

gbam! nothing i can add here.

You're still having doubts then keep her as a girlfriend . . . save her the added heartache of having to decide what to do with ur ring.

nwando:

let me ask,what is considered engagement.
at what point is a couple considered engaged in your opinion ?

See, SU folks spoilt the true meaning of being engaged. They have used it as their own version of boyfriend and girlfriend that is why most of us dont understand what it means anymore.
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by TheSly: 1:32am On Mar 21, 2008

@sly
i beg tamper justice wt mercy,i never wan die,forgive still water for he knows what he said,no send bomb come naija i beg
Lol. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy Stillwater is my sister. . . . . tongue cool
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 21, 2008
Did u miss any joloffff rice today again?

Shoo go and finish your three cups of beans tongue
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by TheSly: 1:39am On Mar 21, 2008
Answer ma question first? cheesy
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 21, 2008
@still water and sly
i dey enjoy dis una beefing oooooooo
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 21, 2008
I don't want to derail this topic tongue
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by almondjoy(f): 8:58am On Mar 21, 2008
@Topic

I would not be caught dead with an engaged "person"! I did not steal another woman's man and do not expect anyother to steal mine. Get yours!

If I was so desperate, I would wait for the relationship to "crash" on it's own and collect what is rightfully mine. . . .without any interference. If I felt so strongly for the guy, I would sadly but honestly tell him goodbye and let him go. If he is mine, he will definitely be back. . . .guraranteed! I don't have self esteem issues and he will soon get to his senses. If he does not come back. . . .fine with me too! I just do not like to share "gifts"! Especially with another female like maself. Heavens forbid! kiss
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by emmanuel2u: 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2008
y would a guy propose to a girl,and still look out?and y would a girl fall for an engaged man,there are thousands of single men out there,she could get one
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 21, 2008
@nwando

make i ask,u no get problem when u wan switch over ,i mean to mr nwando,i had a tough time in mine,because we were both engaged when we met,it was a very tough battle for me,i mean handling the other woman,she was a lion then,but one thing i know is when u meet d right person,that person and the love he has for u ,will be your battle axe,the guy and the love the he has for d girl will fight for d girl,and d girl will just hold her peace,that is when u know u have met your missing rib

@ jenny ,for me I had already made up my mind after I realised this wasn't the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
I just could not get past some issues some people may say was trivial but I couldn't go on with it.
Mr Nwando was not engaged but had a former girlfriend who wrote threatening letters including threatening me with juju.
We were in love and from the moment we met,we knew we were made for each other.
The rest is sweet history smiley
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 21, 2008
Maybe if I never had this experience I'll be dogging people who disengage after engaging.
Love can be very very crazy sometimes
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 21, 2008
@nwando
na waoo,even to the extent of threatening with juju?like i said wen u meet d right person,not only will the love fight for u,BUT ALSO GOD. and i can imagine wt all d threatening wt juju she did not win d battle,infact if i were u wen i see her on d way ,i'll laf her crazy
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2008
jennykadry:

@nwando
na waoo,even to the extent of threatening with juju?like i said when u meet d right person,not only will the love fight for u,BUT ALSO GOD. and i can imagine wt all d threatening wt juju she did not win d battle,infact if i were u when i see her on d way ,i'll laf her crazy

It's amazing how crazy people can get.
This was a girl who had exited his life 1 year prior but as soon as she heard of me,she wanted to board a flight to Okija grin
I wrote on another thread that I believe in love at first sight.
My hubby and I had a "spiritual connection" once we met.
I can't describe it but we just knew.

I'm sure if I was engaged to Barak Obama or Boris Kodjoe I would have left  when I laid eyes on Mr Nwando
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Dreloaded(f): 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2008
[b].let him go and break up first and come back,i would have no hand in it please.what is mine would get to me without me fighting or trying to help nature take its course.[.b]i still maintain that for ME,an engaged fellow is off limits.once i find out you are engaged, am taking a walk.if he breaks up and we get to meet again,fine but i WONT encourage cheating in any way by keeping a relationship with an engaged man.No,even a seeminly harmless relationship might turn to sumtin else.
Talking of God,hes so perfect,he doesnt make mistakes.what hes destined to happen would happen without us having to struggle/fight for it.its like helping God to do his work and i can't do that.

Exactly. All those other excuses that closet homewreckers make dont impress me.
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2008
bia reloaded I hope you're not refering to me OOOOO
I am no home wrecker and has never been grin

just wanted to clear that
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 21, 2008
@nwando
mine was very tough though,but God fought for me,he was actually engaged wen we met,he told me the truth,thats one thing i admire about my husband and im proud to say it,even though the truth is bitter he prefers saying it.anyway he was engaged and i also had someone but i wasnt really engaged,but the feelings i started having for him,just grew so much that i was begining to forget i had someone and he also had someone,his family even knew about the girl,so it was tough,but two of his sisters never liked d girl,according to them,they said she was also sleeping wt someone else,and wen i the brother introduced me to them as afriend,they fell inlove instantly wt me,wen d other girl heard about me ,it was fourth world war,she came directly to me in my family house to warn me,she even sent a guy to act as my lover before my husband(who wasnt then)u see all dis things dat happens in home video some of them happens,but to cut the long story short,im now a happily married woman wt 2 kids and hoping to have 2 more
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2008
hmmmmh nice stories, but I can't imagine myself in all this wahala.
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2008
stillwater:

hmmmmh nice stories, but I can't imagine myself in all this wahala.

hahaha
neither did I.

believe me once you see the right one,nothing will stop you.
especially if the other party feels exactly the way you do.
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Dreloaded(f): 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2008
osisi, you know I dont refer to you as such and besides I knew about the situation between you and your former fiance. Didnt you tell your ex that things were OFF before you began a full relationship with your current husband? My comment is to those who think it's ok for the guy or woman to go behind their fiance/finacee's backs and get into affairs just cos the person claims the engagement isnt working yada yada. Those are SELFISH HOMEWRECKERS. Dont believe the person is your so called "rib" anymore then TELL THEM. Font go off hiding with some other person and then use the "we werent meant to be excuse" when you get caught.

I must say however that I actually agree with David on how the term "engagement" has been destroyed by people

Some people think just cos they've been dating a while after a few months, they can just jump and call it "engagement" cos they think if they still use bf/gf, people will "laugh" at them. Who gives a damn? Are those people the ones in the relationship? Insecure people sha. You meeting the guy or girl's parents coincidentally doesnt boody mean you're 'engaged" either. It's more than that. It's when you get to the point of the relationship and you sincerely believe that person was MADE for you, no more no less, the parents get into it SERIOUSLY this time, prayers are done, advice is given, yada yada, that is engagement, in the Nigerian sense anyway.

Anyway my problem is with the lies and people feeling like they have the right to ruin relationship, if he guy believes he's meant to be with you, he'll come baclk on his own, doesnt need your bloody help.
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2008
Posted by: nwando

hahaha
neither did I.

believe me once you see the right one,nothing will stop you.
especially if the other party feels exactly the way you do.

uve spoken well wink wink
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 21, 2008
engagement is no criteria,sometimes things just have a way of turning itself
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by temiolumi(f): 4:39pm On May 28, 2008
What i know is for 2 pple to be engaged means they're in love.

But while some may work out, some don't.

Again if a girl thinks an engaged guy is not committed, it is true. But if he is capable of cheating d girl he engaged before he met u, then he is also capable of doing d same to u.

Don't 4get dat men reap what they sow.

As for me an engaged guy is a no go area for me. If he wants me he must break up with whoever he is engaged to for some other reasons not because of me.

I love a man who is consistent. A man dat say yes and it is yes.

But a man who cheatson his girlfriend is not consistent. He'll do same to u if u eventually force urself to win his heart.

A word,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Matured Way Of Handling Women Older Than You In Any Relationship / Sexually, do nurse as a Profession Turns U On? / White Girls Too Sweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.