Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Engaged?is It A Criteria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Engaged?is It A Criteria? (3652 Views)

Five Criteria Ladies Use In Disqualifying Suitors / Should Virginity Be A Criteria In Choosing A Wife? / Her Virginity Was Used As A Criteria To Secure A Job For Her Lover! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engaged?is It A Criteria? by joycee87: 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2008
women,wat if u find out the person u r inlove with is engaged to another girl,and from the way things are the both of u have feelings for eachother,as a woman would u leave him for d girl,not minding the fact that they are just engaged but not yet gone to the altar.

guys,would u leave d girl u r engaged to,for someone else,because u have compared them both and found out dat u love d other one dan the one u r engaged to,how will u break up wt ur fiancee,that is if u make up ur mind to leave her,if not how do u let the other one u just fell inlove wt go?
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by allonym: 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2008
Hmm

The person with whom I am entering a monogamous relationship with is seeing someone else behind my back.

Sounds like they are cheating on me.

Isn't the response here to end the relationship?
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by joycee87: 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2008
in this case he is already engaged before u came into the picture and at the end of d day u are already falling inlove wt him,not minding that he is engaged
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2008
there are two cases

1. I f i knew the guy before, and we were friends. . .and i began having feelings for him, and during that period of time he gets engaged to her, i'll try to get him. but if he's truly in love with the girl and wants to marry her, i'll leave him because once he's in love with her, she'll always come b/w us

2. if the guy was engaged before i met him. . .then i'll have to find a way to stop having feelings for him. because he already belongs to someone else. . .let him marry her. .
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2008
@morenike
i dont think so,the fact that he is engaged does not give d other girl the license of owning him,sometimes it happens that its not d person u date or u r engaged to u must marry,God has a way of doing things u know,maybe d girl he is engaged to is not really his missing rib,and then God decided to send another girl to him and him to her also,for me girl,as long as they is no words like YES I DO ,i still have a chance ,afterall IT IS NOT OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by HRhotness(f): 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2008
the way i see it a broken engagement is less painfull than a broken marriage
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2008
@hotness

u are d bomb

@topic
a guy is engaged but not yet married,if marriages can end then wat is relationship,the only time a girl should be blamed is if the guy is married then she should hands up,but hence he is just engaged,he is still available.
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 18, 2008
jennykadry:

@morenike
i don't think so,the fact that he is engaged does not give d other girl the license of owning him,sometimes it happens that its not d person u date or you're engaged to u must marry,God has a way of doing things u know,maybe d girl he is engaged to is not really his missing rib,and then God decided to send another girl to him and him to her also,for me girl,as long as they is no words like YES I DO ,i still have a chance ,afterall IT IS NOT OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER
you're correct about that. . .but what if you're not his missing rib, and girl he was engaged to was? so, you'll prefer to take the risk?

dnt mean to be rude. . , but think abt the two ppl in this relationship. . .what if the other girl actually does love him? you'll break a heart to gain what is yours. . .and at the end, you find out he's not meant for you.
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by tommyex(m): 11:19pm On Mar 18, 2008
see babe oo
i wan comot jare,catch ya
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by joycee87: 11:19pm On Mar 18, 2008
@morenike

you are quite right too,i guess i understand u,wat i know in life is let no situation intimidate u,in life we all take risks,any body that aint a risk taker is not ready to live life,afterall marriage itself is a risk ,for better for worst,meaning both in good and bad time,i believe if u want something and dat thing u want is good,let go of d inner voice that trys to tell u its a risk u might end up loosing at the end,follow ur heart,but as for risks we all take risks everyday,and believe me every risk u take ,gains u more maturity,for me i'm prepared to take that risk
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2008
joycee87:

@morenike

you are quite right too,i guess i understand u,what i know in life is let no situation intimidate u,in life we all take risks,any body that aint a risk taker is not ready to live life,afterall marriage itself is a risk ,for better for worst,meaning both in good and bad time,i believe if u want something and that thing u want is good,let go of d inner voice that trys to tell u its a risk u might end up loosing at the end,follow your heart,but as for risks we all take risks everyday,and believe me every risk u take ,gains u more maturity,for me i'm prepared to take that risk

LOL. . i understand your point. . you're right. . like is like "the survival of the fittest", each fight for what is theirs. you're right, i f i feel for him, i should go for him, and if the other also feels for him, she should fight hard to keep him. in the end, the bobo makes the choice, he picks who he favors the most.

tommyex:

see babe oo
i wan comot jare,catch ya
ki lo tunde o. . .wetin you dey run from. . . pada wa sibi now!! tongue
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 18, 2008
@morenike

thats d spirit baby,as a woman never allow any woman intimidate u,wen u want sthg go for it,as for me,i love challenges sometimes,cos challenges brings out the real u and gives u so much experience on how to intimidate life itself,as long as d guy as not said Ido,GIRL,i go put my head ooooo,and win the guy,wen i have one d guy then i can now CLAP FOR MYSELF AND SAY WELL DONE GIRL,U GOT IT AT LAST,i pray u dont find urself in such situation in life,but if u do,girl,go for wat u want
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2008
jennykadry:

@morenike

thats d spirit baby,as a woman never allow any woman intimidate u,when u want sthg go for it,as for me,i love challenges sometimes,because challenges brings out the real u and gives u so much experience on how to intimidate life itself,as long as d guy as not said Ido,GIRL,i go put my head ooooo,and win the guy,when i have one d guy then i can now CLAP FOR MYSELF AND SAY WELL DONE GIRL,You GOT IT AT LAST,i pray u don't find yourself in such situation in life,but if u do,girl,go for what u want

yea. . . i hope not to. . moi, am a long way from that grin. . .but this is life, no one can predict what tomorrow will bring. . .thanks, smiley
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Dreloaded(f): 11:50pm On Mar 18, 2008
would you want someone saying the same if you were engaged?
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 18, 2008
@D-reloaded

like i said sometimes ,like i said its an open field for battle,there is sthg the girl aint giving d guy dats y d guy is looking outside,u dont own anybody,unless u have ,gone to the altar,but hence its just engagement,its an open ground,not only to guys but also to girls,i dont see myself in such situation,but if i happen to find myself,then i have to fight back to get wat i believe belongs to me
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Dreloaded(f): 12:08am On Mar 19, 2008
This is why people esp females scare me

No respect for boundaries. If a person cant respect the boundary of SOON TO BE MARRIED, what is stopping them from trying to butt into a marriage with the excuse of "well it hasnt been 5 years yet, it could end anytime" and so on?

Ridiculous
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 19, 2008
D-reloaded:

This is why people esp females scare me

No respect for boundaries. If a person can't respect the boundary of SOON TO BE MARRIED, what is stopping them from trying to butt into a marriage with the excuse of "well it hasnt been 5 years yet, it could end anytime" and so on?

Ridiculous

marriage is another matter. . .the woman is engaged to the man, does it mean she owns him? sure, i get your point, but if the engagement is strong enough to counter the other woman, then the engagement is strong enough to withstand any storm. however, if not, then what can we say for the marriage?
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 19, 2008
@morenike

Ride on,very good reply
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Gamine(f): 12:18am On Mar 19, 2008
Hmmm, , ,
I thought if someone was engaged to someone else
it usually meant they actually WANT/ARE gonna get married

But these days i wonder sha undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Dreloaded(f): 12:19am On Mar 19, 2008
alagolo I know do get you however for those who would purposely and savagely try to break up a relationship JUST TO TEST whether an engagement is strong enough are pitiful.

I mean look at the concept of second wives, obviously they dont even care about the boundary of marriage talkless of engagement. such people are pitiful.
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 19, 2008
@d-reloaded

i think u r finding it difficult to differentiate btw marriage and relationship,i will keep saying it,as long as d guy is not married he is still free,but if hes married all girl should hands off,the only time a girl owns a guy is when she has taken an oath before GOD AND MAN,pledging her whole life to d guy,i mean the I DO oath,if not he is still available
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 19, 2008
D-reloaded:

alagolo I know do get you however for those who would purposely and savagely try to break up a relationship JUST TO TEST whether an engagement is strong enough are pitiful.

I mean look at the concept of second wives, obviously they don't even care about the boundary of marriage talkless of engagement. such people are pitiful.
i understand you. . .when a man is engaged, his fiance might not be chosen one or his soul mate. . but once a man is married. that's another matter. either he wants the marriage or not, he belongs to her and she belongs to him. now if another girl is trying to step between them, that's totally wrong and ridiculous.

and people that are trying to test is a different matter. . .the poster asked if you "love" the guy, we're talking about love here. if you no love the guy and you're messing with him, my only hope is that the same happens to that girl during her engagement
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 19, 2008
@morenike

thats right
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 19, 2008
@morenike
infact ur replies morenike,are really tripping me,keep it up girl

@d-loaded
we are talking about love here,not a player games,if d girl really loves d guy let her go for him,but if she doesnt love the guy,like morenike said,may she face such problems in life,its very simple,that a girl is engaged,doesn't mean she owns d man,she needs to be in a confirmed state in status,i mean going to the altar,if not he is still free
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by earthrealm(m): 1:15am On Mar 20, 2008
a broken engagement/courtship is better than a broken marriage
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by chinda3: 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2008
i dont see anything wrong wt it,afterall the guy is not married so i believe a girl still has a chance wt him,afterall if the girl is inlove wt him,they r free,but if d girl aint inlove then its bad cis she is just trying to destroy the other girls relationship wt d guy,but hence d guy has not said I DO,he is still free
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2008
na true u talk chinda,the guy is engaged doesnt mean he is married
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by ifyalways(f): 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2008
@topic,Once a man is engaged to be married hes strictly off limits for me.if i have known him as a friend b4 he got engaged or after he got engaged,hes simply another girls own.i wud let him go peacefully.so many men out there. cool
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2008
@ifyalways
wat if that man happens to be ur missing rib ,thats y God brought him ur way and u his way,would u say because hes engaged,then u will let him go,sometimes engaged couples also break up wen they find out they are not meant to be together
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by chinda3: 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2008
@jennykadry
u are very right
@ifyalways
wat if d guy is truly yours,and the feelings are there btw d both of u,cut it out girl he is not married,the bible records marriage only wen the man and d woman swears to an oath in church,and if they have not sweared to this oath,the girl is free,
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by chinda3: 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2008
@jennykadry
u are very right
@ifyalways
wat if d guy is truly yours,and the feelings are there btw d both of u,cut it out girl he is not married,the bible records marriage only wen the man and d woman swears to an oath in church,and if they have not sweared to this oath,the guy is free,
Re: Engaged?is It A Criteria? by ifyalways(f): 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2008
jennykadry:

@ifyalways
what if that man happens to be your missing rib ,thats y God brought him your way and u his way,would u say because hes engaged,then u will let him go,sometimes engaged couples also break up when they find out they are not meant to be together
. . .let him go and break up first and come back,i would have no hand in it please.what is mine would get to me without me fighting or trying to help nature take its course.i still maintain that for ME,an engaged fellow is off limits.once i find out you are engaged, am taking a walk.if he breaks up and we get to meet again,fine but i WONT encourage cheating in any way by keeping a relationship with an engaged man.No,even a seeminly harmless relationship might turn to sumtin else.
Talking of God,hes so perfect,he doesnt make mistakes.what hes destined to happen would happen without us having to struggle/fight  for it.its like helping God to do his work and i can't do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Always Dreaming Of Sleeping With These Girls / Met Her Last Week Now She Is Indirectly Asking Me To Buy Her Phone. / Does Six Packs Abs Mean Anything To Naija Babes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.