Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Why Do We Have More 'widows' Than 'widowers' In Our Society? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Have More 'widows' Than 'widowers' In Our Society? (1279 Views)

Don't U think The Widowers Also Need societal Help? / What Could Be The Cause Of Short Relationships In Our Society? / Story For "The Fat Ones" In Our Society. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have More 'widows' Than 'widowers' In Our Society? by ubong560(m): 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2013
Everywhere u go all u see are widows, widows and widows and hardly have one widower among. Why do we have more widows than widowers? This shows that men die more often and frequent than women. I term to ask if this abnormal rate of death between the both gender has any link to the heavy day of hustling/struggling which most men are being subjected to. Obviously men suffer more than women but could this unending struggling in life by men be the cause of thier untimely journey to the land of thier ancestors or what else could possibly be the cause?

Just some pretty answers are needed.

I hail una o.
Re: Why Do We Have More 'widows' Than 'widowers' In Our Society? by pheyikemi: 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
Some men bite more dn they can chew. How do u expect a man with many wives and/ concubines to last long, quarrel amidst d wives wil kill him, trying to please d many wives will kill him, even out of jealousy, one of d wives may kill him, trying to provide 4d needs of d many wives and many children will kill him, complaints frm d many wives will kill him too, catching STI's frm one of 'em wives/ concubines will kill him, one of d wives may use juju on him in d name of love, so dt he can love her, dt too will kill him grin. This brings abt d advent of many widows and less widowers
Re: Why Do We Have More 'widows' Than 'widowers' In Our Society? by lillyveezy: 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
According to me there can be 2 reasons: 1.MALE EGO.when a man's ego will not allow him to submit himself to another man for medical check up,his STD will kill him faster than Aids. 2:Men often tends to remarry after the death of their wife for some obvious reasons.Not so for mast women.so tha changes their widowerhood status. Considering no 2 there aren't more widows than widowers.
Re: Why Do We Have More 'widows' Than 'widowers' In Our Society? by ubong560(m): 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
@phyekemi, u basically centered on a polygamous family. But what happens in d case of a non-polygamy where u still have d men die?

@lillyveezy,i agree wit u on ur no. 2 reason but as for no. 1, i dont think there's any ego of such wen man is medically affected. Above all, i dont think the above are the major reasons. More contribution pls
Re: Why Do We Have More 'widows' Than 'widowers' In Our Society? by Ogojohn(m): 8:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
ubong560: @phyekemi, u basically centered on a polygamous family. But what happens in d case of a non-polygamy where u still have d men die?

@lillyveezy,i agree wit u on ur no. 2 reason but as for no. 1, i dont think there's any ego of such wen man is medically affected. Above all, i dont think the above are the major reasons. More contribution pls
More men in the Army,Police,Navy,Air force, Civil defence. Almost the casualties in these forces are men. Talk of executed armed robbers with wives most are men. Inside the long distance buses when accidents happen. most are men. So when these kind of deaths occurs. They live behind wives who may not want to re marry in order to reap the benefits of there dead spouse. If you remember as OJUKWU told BIANCA on his will. re marry and forfeit your inheritance unlike men who will rather re marry but women will not instead they will be playing away match. giving birth to Bastards in our society.
Re: Why Do We Have More 'widows' Than 'widowers' In Our Society? by pheyikemi: 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
Mostly men also do d undo-ables jez to make ends meet or due to social pressure amg others. A man hu does rituals dies early, stress wtout rest too kills, a nagging wife's nag kills grin , I hope u got dat, a man wt too many responsibilities more dn he can bear dies early too, a man hu practice d 3social vices (womanizing, drinking, smoking) may die early.

(1) (Reply)

How You Felt When U Finally Met Your BLIND DATE. / Top 10 Unsexy Things That Can Improve Your Sex Life / Me And My Frnds Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.