Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

What Is Love Really?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Love Really?? (860 Views)

Unreturned Love Really Hurts / Is Love Really For Free / Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Love Really?? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:14pm On Feb 28, 2013
i've been searching for a true definition of love. And this short piece is the latest i've gotten too so far. Culled from facebook.

if its because of his lips/his eyes/his great body, its no love...ITS LUST
If its becos of his intelligence/ insight about life,its not love..ITS ADMIRATION
If its becos he cries everytime you try to leave,its not love..ITS PITY
If its because he makes you not to study and sleep, its not love...ITS INFATUATION
LOVE is when you do not know why you seem to be attracted t a person...
LOVE has its reason and that reason is UNKNOWN

that's my opinion, what's yours??
Re: What Is Love Really?? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ain't gat one.
Re: What Is Love Really?? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
tpacalipse: Ain't gat one.
so which one actually exists between you and your partner??
Re: What Is Love Really?? by MrCork17: 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
Flashaldrin: i've been searching for a true definition of love. And this short piece is the latest i've gotten too so far. Culled from facebook.

If its becos of his intelligence/ insight about life,its not love..ITS ADMIRATION
If its because he makes you not to study and sleep, its not love...ITS INFATUATION

angry
Re: What Is Love Really?? by Sijo01(f): 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
Love means different thing to different people.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Love Really?? by dmcdad: 10:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
That piece is correct buh people especially the gurls don't wanna see it that way. Before u crucify me, read on...

In truth, how many girls wanna hear "I don't or cant really figure out why I like or love you"? All most gurls wanna hear is: I love u because u are beautiful, sexy, intelligent, slim, tall, have straight legs, dark & beautiful and so on and so forth... But in reality, what if something happens tomorrow(lets say u had boiled water poured on ur face by accident) and the beauty is no longer there, what will become of the love Or u are not as intelligent, or sexy, or slim and so on, what will become of the love?

Dont get me wrong... I am not saying that taking cognizance of those aforementioned qualities ain't good. What I am saying is that, those attributes build up attraction and attraction is what leads a guy to make a move when he discovers a lady has one of those qualities in most cases. But love itself comes in the course of their acquaintances.

Funny enough, many people deceive themselves that they are in love. Whereas in reality, what they are feeling is infatuation. See! Love is that feeling that want to make you give your all to the one you love, not minding what the person is giving back in return. It is also that feeling inside of you that wants that person to win at all cost, even when it means winning against you. Infatuation alerts you that you should remember that you are not gaining anything from that person, thereby making you to deny the person the world you are willing to give, but love doesn't care what the person has to give in return. You know why it is so.....?

The reason true love makes you give everything without making you see a reason for receiving is:
There is NO REASON!!!

That is why it is said that: True love is unconditional. In order words, true love is not tied to any other thing, it knows no boundaries, neither does it have a reason(without condition).

So girls, telling you that you are beautiful and all are kinda by-products of what love makes one feel or see, cause like they say: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I can like you more for your beauty, your intelligence and all, but the main foundation true love is built on is UNCONDITIONAL!!! That is, it has NO REASON!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Love Really?? by dmcdad: 10:10pm On Feb 28, 2013
Sijo01: Love means different thing to different people.
Yeah it does... The definition of love is infinite... Love itself is limitless and can never be measured.
Re: What Is Love Really?? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 28, 2013
God is love. U cannot love tuely or find true love till u become born again,period!
Re: What Is Love Really?? by 190theclown: 12:13am On Mar 01, 2013
Flashaldrin: i've been searching for a true definition of love. And this short piece is the latest i've gotten too so far. Culled from facebook.

Flashdarin bro when last did you see a n!pp!e angry angry
Re: What Is Love Really?? by Flashaldrin(m): 1:46am On Mar 01, 2013
190-the-clown:

Flashdarin bro when last did you see a n!pp!e angry angry
bro i see it every day o. I don palpate dem tire wink tongue
Re: What Is Love Really?? by Flashaldrin(m): 1:47am On Mar 01, 2013
dmcdad, bless you bro! You just said my mind! Did you actually write that??
Re: What Is Love Really?? by dmcdad: 2:28am On Mar 01, 2013
Flashaldrin: dmcdad, bless you bro! You just said my mind! Did you actually write that??
Yeah sure... Why do you ask?
Re: What Is Love Really?? by Mynd44: 5:37am On Mar 01, 2013
Nice
Re: What Is Love Really?? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:05am On Mar 01, 2013
dmcdad:
Yeah sure... Why do you ask?
well articulated. Thumbs!
Re: What Is Love Really?? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:05am On Mar 01, 2013
i was kinda thinking killz would say something undecided
Re: What Is Love Really?? by dmcdad: 9:52am On Mar 01, 2013
Flashaldrin:
well articulated. Thumbs!
Hmm... Thanks. I give God the honour.
Re: What Is Love Really?? by luvmijeje(f): 11:04am On Mar 01, 2013
*Sigh* dmcdad,that kind of love is what is called here 'maga'.It is rare to find and in my opinion it is the kind of love that lead to death.
Re: What Is Love Really?? by dmcdad: 12:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
luvmijeje: *Sigh* dmcdad,that kind of love is what is called here 'maga'.It is rare to find and in my opinion it is the kind of love that lead to death.
Yeah... True love itself is dangerous. The reason its rare is because many people no longer believe in love. Those who claim to love and just infatuated about their partner and don't feel love itself... And I tell you, until a lot of people realize or discover what love really is an allow it to flow, things will continue to deteriorate...
Re: What Is Love Really?? by natkel1: 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
Love is a choice, u choose who u wanna give it to, n who u don't, love is a consious, deliberate action. Love is that indescribable feeling that u feel with that selected person. Love is a broad concept that every one fails to grasp. Love grows, deepens as time is spent with that particular person. Its intentional, u choose to say kind words, to show it, to express it in all ways. Love is when a person has seen you at ur waste but still loves u, love is when someone likes, understands, cherishes your inside. Your personality, who sees you when other people don't. Who has empathy towards you, feels your pain, shares your joy, ur sorrow, ur misunderstandings, as though they feel it as themselves. Love is when one gets u, o knows what u r about to say before u say it. Love is when ur needs and your partners needs r one and the same, of equal importance. You want the best for them as u want the best for urself. Love is love!
Re: What Is Love Really?? by natkel1: 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
Love is a choice, u choose who u wanna give it to, n who u don't, love is a consious, deliberate action. Love is that indescribable feeling that u feel with that selected person. Love is a broad concept that every one fails to grasp. Love grows, deepens as time is spent with that particular person. Its intentional, u choose to say kind words, to show it, to express it in all ways. Love is when a person has seen you at ur waste but still loves u, love is when someone likes, understands, cherishes your inside. Your personality, who sees you when other people don't. Who has empathy towards you, feels your pain, shares your joy, ur sorrow, ur misunderstandings, as though they feel it as themselves. Love is when one gets u, o knows what u r about to say before u say it. Love is when ur needs and your partners needs r one and the same, of equal importance. You want the best for them as u want the best for urself. Love is love! Love never fails. Love never gives up. Love has trust and hope in the person. Love has diminished its meaning over time. Everyone uses it. Even a person u just met, ati I love u. Most people do not understand it.
Re: What Is Love Really?? by realdon(m): 7:50am On Mar 02, 2013
ppl misinterprete foolishness for love sometimes.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Show Love To A Working Class Wife/fiancee/girlfriend / 6 Mistakes To Avoid In Marriage In Order To Avoid Divorce / 4 Real Facts About Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.