Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? (2232 Views)

Do Guys Like This Really Exist? / Could This Be Tagged As Genuine Love? / How Do I Know A True And Genuine Love If I Found One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
When you say “love,” it need not necessarily be convenient; most of the time it is not. It takes life. Love is not a great thing to do, because it eats you up. If you have to be in love, you should not be. The English expression “falling in love” is very significant. You don’t climb in love, you don’t walk in love, you don’t stand in love, youfallin love. You as a person must be willing to fall, only then it can happen. If your personality is kept strong in the process, it is just a convenient situation, that’s all. We need to recognize what is a transaction and what is truly a love affair. A love affair need not be with any particular person; you could be having a great love affair, not with anybody in particular, but with life.
What you do, what you do not do, is according to circumstances around you. Our actions are as the external situation demands. What you do outside is always subject to many conditions. But love is an inner state – how you are within yourself can definitely be unconditional.
Love is a quality. It is not something to do with somebody else. Love is never between two people. It is what happens within you, and what happens within you need not be enslaved to someone else. For fifteen to twenty minutes daily, go sit with something that means nothing to you – maybe a tree, or a pebble, or a worm or an insect. After some time, you will find you can look upon it with as much love as you do your wife or husband or your mother or your child. Maybe the worm does not know this. That doesn’t matter. If you can look at everything lovingly, the whole world becomes beautiful in your experience. You realize love is not something that you do; love is the way you are. Read here
However,there's another article a bit contradictory below
If we base our idea of what true love is on fairy tales, we might think that finding prince charming or an enchanting princess and living happily ever after is the ultimate goal. But for most mortals, striving for such ideals is unrealistic, and may even leave us feeling unfulfilled or let down. The reality is that being and staying in love takes continual work and patience, even though this might not seem utterly romantic, in that storybook sense. Couples who have healthy relationships find ways of working together, and this in and of itself could be considered a sign of true love.
It's true that in many cultures, people who are "in love" create long-term partnerships and/or get married. We may hear of the high divorce rates, but lots of these couples do actually stay together. Yes, there are couples that have been married for 60 years and still feel passionately in love, and there are others who care deeply for one another even though the lust is gone (or maybe never existed!). Of course, sometimes we may not even want to hear about the happy, lovey-dovey couples because we're feeling romantically unlucky or lovelorn ourselves.
Keep in mind that the reasons why some relationships don't last are as varied as the different kinds of people we are; in many cases, the partners simply grow apart because they have grown and changed as individuals, and seek different, more fulfilling opportunities for love. If a particular couple "falls out of love," yet each partner goes on to seek a more satisfying love with another person, could this be an example of "true love" in action?
Love can also vary by degrees: some couples feel deeply intense and passionate, while others appreciate one another for intellectual reasons or admire one another's ambition, dedication, or creativity. When is the last time you read a fairy tale where the main characters appreciated each other's brilliant musicianship, eloquent writing, or compassion for humanity? (Well, maybe in Shakespeare's writings....)
Love is not an easily definable concept but it may be helpful to try to spell it out. A psychologist, Richard Sternberg proposed that love is the result of three components — intimacy, passion and commitment. The love is strongest when all three of these components are strong. John Lee proposed an alternate theory by identifying six styles (or colors) of love. How do you define love?
Perhaps, just for fun though, it might help to look at this elusive "true love" in another light. Look around you and see all of the expressions of love in our world: people devoting huge chunks of their lives for the human rights of others, people setting aside time to volunteer in their community, parents and caregivers protecting and nurturing their children and families, young people learning from and sharing things with their grandparents. Or, how about giving and receiving unconditional love to and from the animals in our lives?
So, are humans capable of staying in love? Sure they are, as there are lots of models around us of people who love and care deeply about one another. Some people follow the philosophy of "better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all." Instead of looking at all the heartaches around us, why not look to all of the examples of the different types of love in the world? Perhaps if we think of love as a broadly defined term, it's possible to see "true love" all around us.
So what's your take ? Does true love really exist or its just fantasy and deceit by the people involved.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
It depends on your definition of true love.

But yes it is very much possible.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
OBIORAA:
It depends on your definition of true love.

But yes it is very much possible.
...only if you took your time to read the article. True love was well defined there.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
I'm sorry I didn't read all that epistle. But truth is IT DOES EXIST.

Not at first sight,
but after a period of time spent with someone else, you get to a point you cannot imagine existing with such a person. Both of you can actually sacrifice anything for each other.

1 Like

Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:
I'm sorry I didn't read all that epistle. But truth is IT DOES EXIST.

Not at first sight,
but after a period of time spent with someone else, you get to a point you cannot imagine existing with such a person. Both of you can actually sacrifice anything for each other.
Hmm...I think otherwise tho
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
[/color]
Arva:

[color=#000099] ...only if you took your time to read the article. True love was well defined there.

As I said it depends on our definition of true love.
Your feelings about true love, might not work for me.

Just as we have different personality, so do we have different ways true love.

So yes it is possible.

1 Like

Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
Arva:

Hmm...I think otherwise tho

OK. Its mindset. Check this our then. It will help...

https://www.nairaland.com/1932803/greatest-cause-failed-relationships-marriage
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
1 Corinthians 13:4

Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

13:5

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1 Like

Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
OBIORAA:
[color=#000099][/color]

As I said it depends on our definition of true love.
Your feelings about true love, might not work for me.

Just as we have different personality, so do we have different ways true love.

So yes it is possible.
Thumbs up.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
It does but I'd rada not f in love dan to get my heart broken cos true love sucks
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Enegod(m): 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
True love does exist. .
Fairytales is what has caused big
misconceptions of what love truly is..
In which everyones concept of love is
different. .
Sacrafice is one of, if not the most
valuable expressions of love...
What are you willing to sacrifice?
To have this love that you yearn for.. undecided
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
rozzay:
It does but I'd rada not f in love dan to get my heart broken cos true love sucks

See what I mean. If you have ever fallen in love and got heart broken, u fell for the wrong person. I'm sure if it was the right person, it would feel like heaven.

You need to listen to Joe - " ... Used to think relationship was a lot of stress, that pain was a part of happiness..."

It happened to me, but I found the right person. Its not stressful at all...

You should also read this....

Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
Of course
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

See what I mean. If you have ever fallen in love and got heart broken, u fell for the wrong person. I'm sure if it was the right person, it would feel like heaven.

You need to listen to Joe - " ... Used to think relationship was a lot of stress, that pain was a part of happiness..."

It happened to me, but I found the right person. Its not stressful at all...

You should also read this....

Thank u
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by philantoxx(m): 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
heard it still exists.will contribute when I stumble on it tho.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
philantoxx:
heard it still exists.will contribute when I stumble on it tho.
Naaah it doesn't.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
rozzay:
Can you give reasons why true love sucks rozzay ?
Enegod:
True love does exist. .
Fairytales is what has caused big
misconceptions of what love truly is..
In which everyones concept of love is
different. .
Sacrafice is one of, if not the most
valuable expressions of love...
What are you willing to sacrifice?
To have this love that you yearn for.. undecided
That's where the problem lies. Think about it critically and you'll know that sacrifice is not really the expression of love. Sacrifice is just there to satisfy the urgent need of the opposite sex or urself and not really to show affection or love. Tell me one sacrifice you've done which you can tag as showing expression of love and I'll prove you wrong.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
Arva:

Can you give reasons why true love sucks rozzay ?

That's where the problem lies. Think about it critically and you'll know that sacrifice is not really the expression of love. Sacrifice is just there to satisfy the urgent need of the opposite sex or urself and not really to show affection or love. Tell me one sacrifice you've done which you can tag as showing expression of love and I'll prove you wrong.
Cos it sucks simple
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
rozzay:

Cos it sucks simple
You've not still given me reasons rozzay. Give me reasons to cement your opinion.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by philantoxx(m): 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
Arva:

Naaah it doesn't.
owk...but I must find it still..hahaha
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by dre11(m): 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
True love exist when both sides are true to themselves and not mask who they are by pretence and acting
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
True Love or whatever is Just a myth. It doesn't EXIST. ㅊㅍㅌㅇ. undecided
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by ronald4lif(m): 11:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
This is a dicey one, after reading this piece I am not sure about true love as before, will just have to go mute on this
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by sopoundz(m): 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
it doesnt IMO
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 05, 2014
TrollMan:
True Love or whatever is Just a myth. It doesn't EXIST. ㅊㅍㅌㅇ. undecided
Thanks but can you pls give reasons ?
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 05, 2014
ronald4lif:
This is a dicey one, after reading this piece I am not sure about true love as before, will just have to go mute on this
Thanks for taking your time to read it dear. Many people didn't even read it before commenting.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:
1 Corinthians 13:4

Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

13:5

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Nice.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Missmossy(f): 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
Arva the love doctorcheesy

2 Likes

Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
yes true love exist,infact one dey with presently.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
prettythicksme:
yes true love exist,infact one dey with presently.
Reasons or I don't believe you.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
Yes true and genuine love exist, only that that one person will be giving while the other will be receiving. In the case of A loving B while B is busy loving C.
Crazy world.
Re: Does True And Genuine Love Really Exist ? by mrking3(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
True Love is Real!! You folks saying shit is simply coz you haven't find the Right partner!!! And when you Put intimacy first your relationship is bound to fail!! When I wooed my lady we never had intimacy for almost 4yrs!! We wanted to be sure we had True love for each other!! We've been on for 6 yrs now and hope to settle down soon. But then, just as shakespear rightly said, " the course of true love never did run smoothe" it comes with huge sacrifice! At a point you'll be tempted to call it quit! Can be very boring! but once the Love, Trust and understanding is there, it would stand the Test of Time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did Go Wrong With This Girl (see Chat) / Africa S€x Story : [story] Unfulfilled Promises Episode 6 To 10 / Difference Between Wife Material And Girlfriend Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.