Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,380 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? (15518 Views)

Bomb Blast Rocks Maiduguri On Independence Day (Photos) / A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi / Jimoh Ibrahim Begs Christians Nationwide Not To Work On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
ocelot2006:

Sometimes I wonder how folks like you reason? Do you want to compare the Police College, located in a security zone in one of Nigeria's safest states, to Borno state, a war zone rife with terror attacks and an insurgency? Please explain, 'cos I sure as hell don't understand. Do you know the amount of time taken by planners at Yellow house and Lious Edet house take to plan out the president's trips? And I haven't even added protocol office of the presidency, and the deployment of an advance security detail to that warzone?
Basically, you're telling us that it's okay for whole Commader in Chief to run away and be banned from a state that is supposed to be under his supreme control? So, what hope do you have if foreign forces decide to invade your country?
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
Dis visit is not necessary at dis point. Besides the announcement is courting death
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by ocelot2006(m): 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
kingoflag: Basically, you're telling us that it's okay for whole Commader in Chief to run away and be banned from a state that is supposed to be under his supreme control? So, what hope do you have if foreign forces decide to invade your country?

Oh my.........pls where in my post was it mentioned that it was OK for the president to run away and be banned from a state? Please you need to work on your comprehension before you post.

Btw who has the audacity to ban the President and C-in-C of the Nigerian Armed Forces from visiting a state in the Federation, when he has the constitutional right, the full weight of the law, and the might of the military, law enforcement, and the intelligence service behind him?
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by kabba7(m): 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
So GEJ has to wait for the APC crowd to go to Maiduguri to pickup courage to visit very sorry .Am sure he will be be wearing two layers of bullet proofs made in Israel.
Shio
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Isryl02(m): 1:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
D 40 lapdogs re rili gettn messed up here, i think they shud retreat. Lolx
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by aurenflani: 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
His Majesty: Hope his security men will provide him with a strong bullet proof vest and his car bomb proof 2x, cause i don't trust those boko dudes o!

Asari and tampolo are there with their boys to provide security now. Boko dey fear them jor.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
ROSSIKE: This is crazy if true. Jonathan has no business responding to the puerile antics of any opposition. If his security team reckon Borno is unsafe for him, they have no business getting him there, regardless of what APC do or don't do. Nigerians who elected him understand the situation in Borno state and do not expect him to go and risk his life to in order to prove a political point.
seanet01: Shut up your dirty stinking mouth!
A whole President being told not to visit a place he is the C-in-C? What a joke you are?
Even in the heat of war, hollande visited Mali, Gowon visited calabar, Bush visited Iraq, Bush visited Afghanistan, Tony Blair visited Iraq, Tony Blair visited Afghanistan.
You need to grow up

Oh dearie me. You must think you're addressing one of your semi-literate beer parlour friends. ''Even in the heat of war Hollande visited Mali''. Is Mali not an entire country? Where in Mali did Hollande visit? You can bet there was no fighting there. Gowon visited Calabar? Why didn't he visit Enugu or Onitsha in the heat of battle? Bush visited Iraq. Is Iraq not an entire country? Where in Iraq did Bush visit? You can bet there was no fighting there at the time. Blair visited Iraq. Is Iraq not a country? Blair could have visited anywhere in Iraq, even a remote village outside the scene of conflict. So you see, your examples of ''the bravery of other leaders'' are FRAUDULENT and do not apply to President Jonathan whom you are demanding visits a specific town - Maiduguri ''in the heat of battle''. Did Blair or Bush visit Baghdad or Kabul in the heat of battle?
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by seanet01: 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Oh dearie me. You must think you're addressing one of your semi-literate beer parlour friends. ''Even in the heat of war Hollande visited Mali''. Is Mali not an entire country? Where in Mali did Hollande visit? You can bet there was no fighting there. Gowon visited Calabar? Why didn't he visit Enugu or Onitsha in the heat of battle? Bush visited Iraq. Is Iraq not an entire country? Where in Iraq did Bush visit? You can bet there was no fighting there at the time. Blair visited Iraq. Is Iraq not a country? Blair could have visited anywhere in Iraq, even a remote village outside the scene of conflict. So you see, your examples of ''the bravery of other leaders'' are FRAUDULENT and do not apply to President Jonathan whom you are demanding visits a specific town - Maiduguri ''in the heat of battle''. Did Blair or Bush visit Baghdad or Kabul in the heat of battle?

Is there any war going on in Maiduguri?
If Obj could visit jos and environs when it was hot, i saw no reason why this mofo called azikwe can not visit maiduguri.
Rossike, honestly you are to wise too be doing this.
You need to start removing that wool in your eyes.
Your grand children may not forgive you for being part of this Mess
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
ocelot2006:

Oh my.........pls where in my post was it mentioned that it was OK for the president to run away and be banned from a state? Please you need to work on your comprehension before you post.

Btw who has the audacity to ban the President and C-in-C of the Nigerian Armed Forces from visiting a state in the Federation, when he has the constitutional right, the full weight of the law, and the might of the military, law enforcement, and the intelligence service behind him?
Nah, it's like you can't comprehend what you posted.

And who has the audacity to ban him? Well, Boko Haram did, why hasn't he visited the State since? If I remember correctly, MEND and Boko Haram also banned him from holding any public owambe party in Abuja....

Or you want me to quickly remind you where the last Independence day celebration was held?
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
seanet01: Is there any war going on in Maiduguri?

For all intents and purposes, yes. But it's a highly strategic war. Because Goodluck Jonathan is a decent, moderate president, he's not going to send his troops with all guns blazing to level the whole town, something he could do very easily, and then 'pay a visit, as C in C' the next day.

It's a an intelligence-led battle he's pursuing. Many of the BH militants are embedded in the local population, and so to fish them out without causing multiple casualties is the challenge being faced by govt. This situation also means the militants have the power to cause problems, by launching surprise attacks as and when they please, and retreat back into their hiding places etc. So Jonathan and his people need to handle the situation with common sense, and NOT by playing to the political gallery.

If Obj could visit jos and environs when it was hot, i saw no reason why this mofo called azikwe can not visit maiduguri.

Again, you're comparing apples and oranges. Were Boko Haram bombs going off in Jos under OBJ? Wasn't it just a few inter-ethnic clashes mostly between machete-wielding fulani cattle rearers and indigenes fighting over land? OBJ was no target there so he could easily visit the place.

Rossike, honestly you are to wise too be doing this.
You need to start removing that wool in your eyes.
Your grand children may not forgive you for being part of this Mess

You grandchildren will never forgive you for pushing one of the best presidents this country has ever had to an untimely demise just to prove a political point.

After the Boko Haram threat is sufficiently extinguished or reduced, THEN Mr President should visit Maiduguri. Before that, NO.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by ocelot2006(m): 3:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
kingoflag: Nah, it's like you can't comprehend what you posted.

And who has the audacity to ban him? Well, Boko Haram did, why hasn't he visited the State since? If I remember correctly, MEND and Boko Haram also banned him from holding any public owambe party in Abuja....

Or you want me to quickly remind you where the last Independence day celebration was held?

Good Lawd.....dude, your lack of simple comprehension baffles me!! Explain the correllation between the intelligence services and Police Force carrying out a threat assessment before GEJ's visit to Borno AND the president running away/being banned from Borno state. Please do tell.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by seanet01: 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
ROSSIKE:

For all intents and purposes, yes. But it's a highly strategic war. Because Goodluck Jonathan is a decent, moderate president, he's not going to send his troops with all guns blazing to level the whole town, something he could do very easily, and then 'pay a visit, as C in C' the next day.

It's a an intelligence-led battle he's pursuing. Many of the BH militants are embedded in the local population, and so to fish them out without causing multiple casualties is the challenge being faced by govt. This situation also means the militants have the power to cause problems, by launching surprise attacks as and when they please, and retreat back into their hiding places etc. So Jonathan and his people need to handle the situation with common sense, and NOT by playing to the political gallery.

Again, you're comparing apples and oranges. Were Boko Haram bombs going off in Jos under OBJ? Wasn't it just a few inter-ethnic clashes mostly between machete-wielding fulani cattle rearers and indigenes fighting over land? OBJ was no target there so he could easily visit the place.

You grandchildren will never forgive you for pushing one of the best presidents this country has ever had to an untimely demise just to prove a political point.

After the Boko Haram threat is sufficiently extinguished or reduced, THEN Mr President should visit Maiduguri. Before that, NO.

Best President?
I laugh in Rossike.
Under which President have you ever heard of the monumental fraud of trillions in this country except azikwe?
That is your own best President?
Even my pet can do better than Gej
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by seanet01: 3:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
The Coward in Chief. Running away from Boko haram.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by yomexp(m): 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
buahahahahahhahhahahahaha.................
ho thank God. At least GEJ is a very good follower
chai he vibrate at last lolrotf
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2013
ocelot2006:

Good Lawd.....dude, your lack of simple comprehension baffles me!! Explain the correllation between the intelligence services and Police Force carrying out a threat assessment before GEJ's visit to Borno AND the president running away/being banned from Borno state. Please do tell.
Go back and read all I wrote. Your writing seems pretty good so I know ure not illiterate. Besides, what kind of archaic intelligence service does ur homeboy commandeer that it takes more than 48hrs to visit a terrorism afflicted zone within his own country?
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
seanet01: Best President?
I laugh in Rossike.
Under which President have you ever heard of the monumental fraud of trillions in this country except azikwe?
That is your own best President?
Even my pet can do better than Gej
Its astonishing that these dudes don't see that GEJs sticky fingers are doing more damage to Nigeria than any bombs can ever do. All the money he's stealing away, if put to good use, could be used to equip a modern anti-terrorism force, promote education, and uplift the economic situation if the people thereby discouraging the poor and disenfranchised who see nothing wrong or nothing to lose in blowing themselves up.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by ocelot2006(m): 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
kingoflag: Go back and read all I wrote. Your writing seems pretty good so I know ure not illiterate. Besides, what kind of archaic intelligence service does ur homeboy commandeer that it takes more than 48hrs to visit a terrorism afflicted zone within his own country?

That's it, I give up!! You, sir, take the gold for total lack of comprehension, deduction, and logic. Congratulations!!

Oh, while you celebrate your award, book an English class on essays. Soon.

Good Lord...
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
ocelot2006:

That's it, I give up!! You, sir, take the gold for total lack of comprehension, deduction, and logic. Congratulations!!

Oh, while you celebrate your award, book an English class on essays. Soon.

Good Lord...
Wuteva, go back and read wat I wrote. You're so hot headed u dont wanna see what I'm talking about but u want to force ur ideas on me, GTFOH man.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by bamuhanya: 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
We don't need your visit Mr GEJ.God in his infinate mercy has kept us safe enough from the enemies of Borno.We also appreciate the solidarity we got from the APC gov. God bless you all. As for you claiming security even when Obj visited,hope 2015 you won't visit claimin campaign!!!
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Eziachi: 12:22am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: The President need to respond to those bunch of Party Changers, they metamorphose too much these days, today its ACN, tomorrow APC next week they might become PHENSIC PARACETAMOL. I cant be in a party that changes colors, names and manifesto. No clear vision
You changed your tone?
Few days ago some of you said, he has no reason to visit Borno and from nowhere he find some strength overnight after the governors of the opposition had a PR coup under his feet by walking the street of Borno, he considered too dangerous for two years now to visit.
Honestly I don't know how you guys does it- finding a defence each time. I really don't know. grin grin grin

If I was the governor of that state, I will just ignore him and his visit, probably travel on the day.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by jt2010: 8:49am On Mar 04, 2013
ROSSIKE:

So Baghdad and Kabul are part of UK and USA territory

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: Resign Or Be Recalled, Lawyers Tell Reps / VP Yemi Osinbajo Visits Onitsha, Anambra State For MSME's Meeting (photos) / Court Orders CBN To Unfreeze Accounts Of 20 #EndSARS Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.