Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 (8536 Views)

Bazaar: Rehabilitation Of 100km Umuahia-Portharcourt Expressway To Gulp N90.3bn / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday / Lagos/Ibadan Expressway To Be 10 Lanes —FERMA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by toluene12: 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
SimonAndal: THEY WILL TAKE YOUR LIFE AND GIVE YOU ILLUMATI DESIGN ROAD TO TELEPORT YOU TO SEXY SWEET FIRE OF LOVE ORE LIKE PEOPLE WITH OBAMA SOUL MICROCHIP. RESIST THE CORPORATE SATAN WITH FAN FICTION OF SAMMIFER. SAY NO TO SEXY SEUN AND ILLUMATI ROAD.
dont u think u need to see a doctor. Sorry, we cant really help you here.
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by vandarsar(m): 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
China is always willing to help africa, trust me they could build such train and they would sure re-coup the money back, its just africans refusing to move forward cause we lack the will power.
CFCfan:

The high-speed rail can be built alongside the highway, just like the Lagos-Badagry expressway.
However, the HSR is definitely going to cost a lot of money too.
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by Rossikk(m): 1:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
vandarsar: China is always willing to help africa, trust me they could build such train and they would sure re-coup the money back, its just africans refusing to move forward cause we lack the will power.
Nonsense. Nations like Nigeria and Ghana are currently revamping and expanding their internal rail networks and systems before venturing into international, cross-country operations, and rightly so!
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by Chartey(m): 2:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
[quote author=K4][/quote]
Togo and Benin will have far shorter stretches of the road and hence fewer towns along the it. Ghana will have more stops and probably more toll gates than La Cote d'Ivoire and Nigeria in that order. That, i think explains why GH and CIV are keener on this project than Nigeria. "The Corridor" holds so much potential.
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by Chartey(m): 2:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
Reference:

Well am glad you said toll gates and you may as well add check points. That's good for business, fantastic for trade.
I get your point. Not good for trade. All the same, commercial centres may arise along the road. Otherwise quiet towns may become business oriented. Maybe, just maybe.
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by yuzedo: 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
SimonAndal: THEY WILL TAKE YOUR LIFE AND GIVE YOU ILLUMATI DESIGN ROAD TO TELEPORT YOU TO SEXY SWEET FIRE OF LOVE ORE LIKE PEOPLE WITH OBAMA SOUL MICROCHIP. RESIST THE CORPORATE SATAN WITH FAN FICTION OF SAMMIFER. SAY NO TO SEXY SEUN AND ILLUMATI ROAD.
Sexy Seun gets me everytime! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
What uis dis one saying?.u always move 4rm thread 2 thread spewing "un-nderstandable" things.are u okay?abeg shut d F up!!!mmmtccchew!
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by knotty(m): 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
kutchs:
This post sounds just as silly as the owner‘s name.
Why not get the whole details before rushing to post silly as usual, it‘s so annoying what hatred for anything Jonathan has turned some of you to.

Clear your febrile mind before you spew rubbish at me for airing my displeasure about an issue pertaining to GEJ, your benefactor.

GEJ announced this project though it be in the works for a long while. He said those words knowing other members of ECOWAS are seriously non-committal because they hardly have the means and also because they know it is largely Nigeria that stands to profit from the project, before the benefits trickle down. Forget the ADBs and WB, without the counterpart local funding, it remains in the doldrums.

That is even beside the point, why did he not announce the project in formal gathering of ECOWAS Heads of States where it will be seen to be a collective decision and not the whims of a fisherman high on palmie at a self glorifying occasion?
Was it not the same palmie that made him dole out $1m poverty alleviation fund just to bring a certain Beyonce to visit his State as Governor? That man has lost it. He does not have the pedigree of a leader, Nigerian leader at that!
And it seems he must outdo himself, he shelled another #3b of taxpayers money to Nollywood as if that is the most tendentious of our collective national need now…….shior

Bring in all your 40 computers and abuse us for all you care……we have learnt (NOT TO GIVE A DAMN). Spew all your invectives, dish all your venoms, they count for naught because your GEJ has expired.

Look back into his tenure and tell me 3promises fulfilled….yet, the promises keep rolling out by the day.

There are surprise ahead of you guys. Enough is enough. Even PDP knows that now.
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by Moukafoam(f): 3:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

You are not correct here. It is not about high speed trains alone. It cannot be. It is all about an efficient, flexible and varied transport mix developed through optimal cost efficiency. There are several ways I can travel to France and the Netherlands from the UK. Road, Ferry, the Euro-tunnel trains are all options facilitated by a flexible transport mix.

I fully support this effort because I believe in efficient transportation of goods and services across the West African hub to stimulate SME business growth, economic development and increase inter-continental trading between African nations. Very good development if it is not another 'lip service' exercise.

Which efficiency are you talking about? Is it the one they used in completing the Lagos Benin express road or the one the used in constructing Lagos Ibadan road undecided

In broad daylight you cant differentiate a black object from a white one cheesy cheesy
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by thaoriginator: 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
it's obvious you smoked dry sh*it
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by trainingict: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
Nigerians, this is an international project. EU and some other donor agencies through ECOWAS have funded consultancy work on this road. The consultancy work has been completed.Nothing is heard since the completion of the consultancy work.

Recently, another project was conceived which is more than the earlier project which terminated in Accra. Read below, statement on the information about Dakar to Lagos Expressway project. There is also the Cameroon - Calabar - Enugu Expressway Project. The only thing is that Lagos outbound remains the main project as affiliated countries have borders with other countries even up to Niger republics, Gambia, Sierra Leone, etc. Naija, read below.

Bissau, the capital of Guinea Bissau, will in future be linked by motorway to other West African capitals, as the result of a project launched by the Chinese government and by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).

Construction of the Trans-West African Highway, which will be 2,000 kilometres long, is part of an agreement to develop facilities and for economic cooperation signed last week in Abuja, Nigeria, by the Chinese government and ECOWAS, according to Nigerian website Ventures.

The agreement was signed by the Chinese deputy Trade Minister, Li Jinzao, and ECOWAS representatives.

The Dakar-Lagos highway project, linking the capital of Senegal to Nigeria’s financial capital, will pass through Banjul, Bissau, Conakry, Freetown, Monrovia, Abidjan, Accra, Lomé and Cotonou.

These capitals currently have no continuous road link, which makes it difficult to distribute goods.
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by Venchy: 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe: It's not a bad idea but you have to look after your family before looking after outside..

Badagry Express way it's in a complete mess at the moment because of the ineffective of the federal government, vehicle's that are suppose to be going oppsite diretion on different lane are now going on one lane as well as Overloaded TRUCKS from the border causing LOTS of problem because NIGERIQN FLIPPING GOVERNMENT LACKS STANDARD as BENIN REPUBLIC GOVERNMENT DO NOT ALLOW SUCH RIDICULOUS OVERLOADED GOODS within their country but Nigeria (giant of africa) does.

You are not correct here. It is not about high speed trains alone. It cannot be. It is all about an efficient, flexible and varied transport mix developed through optimal cost efficiency. There are several ways I can travel to France and the Netherlands from the UK. Road, Ferry, the Euro-tunnel trains are all options facilitated by a flexible transport mix.

I fully support this effort because I believe in efficient transportation of goods and services across the West African hub to stimulate SME business growth, economic development and increase inter-continental trading between African nations. Very good development if it is not another 'lip service' exercise.
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by Venchy: 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
Thank you my brother, I'm tired of all this foolishness, HALF A JOB HARRY as they always say in England.
Ramtzy: Joker... My people say pesin wey promis you clothe, na d one wey him wear you go take know wetin e go giv u.. How many expressway has he completely repaired or constructed in Nigeria since he assumed office.. Ivory coast peeeople..!!! make una no believe am o eehnn! i don talk my own o
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by badesco(m): 11:50am On Mar 04, 2013
The President has not yet completed Lagos Ibadan Express Way and other Roads within Nigeria yet he is thinking of constructing an inter country road, i thinks our President lack focus.
Re: Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
I hope this project sees the light of day. This highway will greatly hasten the full integration of ECOWAS residents into a proper economic bloc.
Just as another poster said, an ECOWAS single currency would also be of immense benefit to the sub-region.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG, States’ Revenue To Dip Further As NNPC Seeks To Use Royalties, To Fund JVS / Mao Ohuabunwa Asks Court To Stop INEC, Orji Uzor Kalu / Zamfara: Supreme Court Judgement Day On APC Primary Tussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.