Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? (3213 Views)

Is It Me, Or My Citizenship? / Is It Me, Or My Citizenship? / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Hawtbabe: 12:15am On Mar 04, 2013
I have been dating my my boyfriend for a year and 8 months. My boyfriend is Nigerian(born & raised) and Igbo. I was born in the UK, but raised the African way( Sierra Leone). When we met he told me that he loves me within a month or two. I didn't know why he had said it so fast. It scared me. He came here on a student visa but it ran out and he applied to stay for another few years but it runs out in November ths year. On New Year's Day he proposed to me and I said yes, but he didn't ask my fathers permission even though they have met (which is concerning me). My Igbo male friends who were born here have explained how traditional Igbo people are, so I was shocked. And before I caught him toasting babes in his fb messages and I threatened o leave n he begged me to stay. Also hes been insisting that we go to a registry before we even have a wedding. He has friends that are married non Nigerian girls who were Los born here. None of them have partners from their own country(Nigeria) and all have settled with uk women.

I speak with his brother on fb. When speaking he told me that "things are hard in lagos, no wonder Ikechukwu doesn't want to come back". But when I speak with him he's always telling me that he wants to go back to Nigeria to live and that this country is not for him. So I'm left confused.

My family are concerned that I'm being used & my instincts are telling me to leave him. I'm too ashamed to tell them he has asked me to go to a registry. Am I being crazy or is he with me for stay.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 04, 2013
take you time
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by xynerise: 12:24am On Mar 04, 2013
My dear there is no place like home. Dont you want him to visit his family?
Love can bring you to Nigeria who knows?
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Hawtbabe: 12:29am On Mar 04, 2013
xynerise: My dear there is no place like home. Dont you want him to visit his family?
Love can bring you to Nigeria who knows?
I don't mind but he will say that he wants to go back but do things to contradict the statement. For example he wants to find permanent job. For him to stay he's told me that I need to make a certain amount. I've recently been offered a job that I really want to do" that is 1k less than what I need to earn for him to stay. When I told him he was happy but then told me to look elsewhere.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 12:32am On Mar 04, 2013
Hawtbabe: I don't mind but he will say that he wants to go back but do things to contradict the statement. For example he wants to find permanent job. For him to stay he's told me that I need to make a certain amount. I've recently been offered a job that I really want to do" that is 1k less than what I need to earn for him to stay. When I told him he was happy but then told me to look elsewhere.

Sweety..he is not your husband and YOU DO NOT CHANGE JOBS FOR ANYONE! If you find a job that you enjoys and it pays average...keep the job. Do you know how many people wish they can find jobs that they love and it pays average? So what pay 1k less! You are looking for a job to KEEP A MAN that is a no no boo boo.

It is not up to you to find a way for him to stay..it is his responsibility. If he wants to stay in UK then he need to find a sponsor that will add on to your income if not...it is not your problem.

By your story...he is only in it for the papers. Sorry boo.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 12:38am On Mar 04, 2013
Hawtbabe: I have been dating my my boyfriend for a year and 8 months. My boyfriend is Nigerian(born & raised) and Igbo. I was born in the UK, but raised the African way( Sierra Leone). When we met he told me that he loves me within a month or two. I didn't know why he had said it so fast. It scared me. He came here on a student visa but it ran out and he applied to stay for another few years but it runs out in November ths year. On New Year's Day he proposed to me and I said yes, but he didn't ask my fathers permission even though they have met (which is concerning me). My Igbo male friends who were born here have explained how traditional Igbo people are, so I was shocked. And before I caught him toasting babes in his fb messages and I threatened o leave n he begged me to stay. Also hes been insisting that we go to a registry before we even have a wedding. He has friends that are married non Nigerian girls who were Los born here. None of them have partners from their own country(Nigeria) and all have settled with uk women.

I speak with his brother on fb. When speaking he told me that "things are hard in lagos, no wonder Ikechukwu doesn't want to come back". But when I speak with him he's always telling me that he wants to go back to Nigeria to live and that this country is not for him. So I'm left confused.g d

My family are concerned that I'm being used & my instincts are telling me to leave him. I'm too ashamed to tell them he has asked me to go to a registry. Am I being crazy or is he with me for stay.

Sweety...imagine you in a country where YOU KNOWS NO ONE and everything is new! Of course you would want to go back home. He is homesick and misses home. It is expected...but once you get into a swing of things with the new country...you will not worry so much. It is possible that he will go back home to retire because UK dollars will stretch longer in Nigeria...so money wise it is safer to return back in Africa if you can afford to pay for decent security and things.

He is struggling and he is looking for means to survive...the decision is yours.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Hawtbabe: 12:42am On Mar 04, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Sweety...imagine you in a country where YOU KNOWS NO ONE and everything is new! Of course you would want to go back home. He is homesick and misses home. It is expected...but once you get into a swing of things with the new country...you will not worry so much. It is possible that he will go back home to retire because UK dollars will stretch longer in Nigeria...so money wise it is safer to return back in Africa if you can afford to pay for decent security and things.

He is struggling and he is looking for means to survive...the decision is yours.

Also 9months into the relationship I found out I was pregnant. When I told him he told me to go for an abortion but later changed his mind. At 3 months I miscarried n he acted as if it never occurred. And I've also met his dad but not his mum.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 12:44am On Mar 04, 2013
Hawtbabe:

Also 9months into the relationship I found out I was pregnant. When I told him he told me to go for an abortion but later changed his mind.At 3 months I miscarried n he acted as if it never occurred. And I've also met his dad but not his mum.

Girl...come sit by me. Let me put my baby in her crib. Brb.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Hawtbabe: 12:49am On Mar 04, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Girl...come sit by me. Let me put my baby in her crib. Brb.

My question is if its for stay why introduce me to his dad?
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 12:57am On Mar 04, 2013
Hawty...

I am a non-Nigerian woman married to an Igbo man. Trust me when I say this...abortion is not on a mind of a man who loves his woman. Children in the Igbo clan is like demigods! The fact that he told you to abort clearly demonstrate how he sees/views you. It is not a good thing boo.

When I got pregnant...my husband treated me like a fragile egg. I couldn't do nothing to harm his child. If it looks like I was in pain...off to the doctor we went! The point of this is to say that when a man care about you...he cares about everything within you. Even if he isn't ready to be a father..he would do everything in his power not to but if it happens..he will not even utter the word abortion.

A real Igbo man would have married you once he finds out that you are pregnant. He would have at least held a proper introduction before marriage. You do not need to be Igbo to have an Igbo wedding or undergo Igbo customs. I went through them and it was fun! cheesy

Everything is moving too fast and he doesn't have much time. I strongly suggest that you think this over and at least meet his family physically because once you marry an Igbo man/woman..you married his family. I have five husbands! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 1:01am On Mar 04, 2013
Hawtbabe:

My question is if its for stay why introduce me to his dad?

Did you meet his dad physically or was it online?
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Hawtbabe: 1:03am On Mar 04, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Did you meet his dad physically or was it online?
I met the dad physically. And after he uttered abortion he changed his mind and told me that he would marry me and change things around for his child.then we we're planning to go Nigeria to meet his parents before I started to show(this was before I met the dad).
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 04, 2013
Oops!
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Honeyjay: 1:19am On Mar 04, 2013
I'm a mixed Scandinavian and Asian girl engaged to a Nigerian Igbo guy living abord. I met him at my Mother country where he living. We are together 3 years now. I've been supporting him every month in two and half years already. He 've been cheating and lies on me.He dominate me to get what he want. I fighte with him. I want to break up and leave him ,but I can't never leave him and he never let me go. He told me he choose me to be his wife and love me so much. His cheated only mistake. I don't believe him. Lately in 6 months we always fight after his dating girl message me and let me know that they are dating.He broken up with her immediately and told her if she disturb me again he will report her to police that what the girl told me and cried with me. I cant trust him any more even he said sorry 1000 times and promise will not hurt me again. He said dont want to see me sad and cry, in 6 months I was in suffered,but I never stop support him. He got nice new mobile phone in 2 Christmas, shoes brandname jeans and nice house where he staying. He told me when he done with his Master he will take care of me in the rest of our life,but Its ok for me I dont need that I can take care of my self. I love him unconditional,but in last month I had enough and tired of fighting with him. I decided to stop and leave him .He told me he will let me go if I want ,but after that families involver his parent and mine don't want us to spilt .And when I look inside my heart I still love him very much.. I told him we move on in life and forget everything in the past. I forgive and give him second chance, but if he do it again we will not discussion just end up. I told him I trust him again 100 % sound like silly, but that 's all I can do I told him I can't stop him from cheating, he have to stop him self. What can I do that I only pray and keep hope he will change and keep his promise. I'm not stupid or bad looking I have a good job and my owned business.. I only follow my heart what I can tell you that listen to your heart and let it be If you doubt about him don't be with him. If you love him give your self a chance, people may be using and hurting sometimes ,but who worth it.. think and choose wisely..
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Hawtbabe: 1:21am On Mar 04, 2013
Honeyjay:
I have been dating my my boyfriend for a year and 8 months. My boyfriend is Nigerian(born & raised) and Igbo. I was born in the UK, but raised the African way( Sierra Leone). When we met he told me that he loves me within a month or two. I didn't know why he had said it so fast. It scared me. He came here on a student visa but it ran out and he applied to stay for another few years but it runs out in November ths year. On New Year's Day he proposed to me and I said yes, but he didn't ask my fathers permission even though they have met (which is concerning me). My Igbo male friends who were born here have explained how traditional Igbo people are, so I was shocked. And before I caught him toasting babes in his fb messages and I threatened o leave n he begged me to stay. Also hes been insisting that we go to a registry before we even have a wedding. He has friends that are married non Nigerian girls who were Los born here. None of them have partners from their own country(Nigeria) and all have settled with uk women.

I speak with his brother on fb. When speaking he told me that "things are hard in lagos, no wonder Ikechukwu doesn't want to come back". But when I speak with him he's always telling me that he wants to go back to Nigeria to live and that this country is not for him. So I'm left confused.

My family are concerned that I'm being used & my instincts are telling me to leave him. I'm too ashamed to tell them he has asked me to go to a registry. Am I being crazy or is he with me for stay. /

I'm a mixed Scandinavian and Asian girl engaged to a Nigerian Igbo guy living abord. I met him at my Mother country where he living. We are together 3 years now. I've been supporting him every month in two and half years already. He 've been cheating and lies on me.He dominate me to get what he want. I fighte with him. I want to break up and leave him ,but I can't never leave him and he never let me go. He told me he choose me to be his wife and love me so much. His cheated only mistake. I don't believe him. Lately in 6 months we always fight after his dating girl message me and let me know that they are dating.He broken up with her immediately and told her if she disturb me again he will report her to police that what the girl told me and cried with me. I cant trust him any more even he said sorry 1000 times and promise will not hurt me again. He said dont want to see me sad and cry, in 6 months I was in suffered,but I never stop support him. He got nice new mobile phone in 2 Christmas, shoes brandname jeans and nice house where he staying. He told me when he done with his Master he will take care of me in the rest of our life,but Its ok for me I dont need that I can take care of my self. I love him unconditional,but in last month I had enough and tired of fighting with him. I decided to stop and leave him .He told me he will let me go if I want ,but after that families involver his parent and mine don't want us to spilt .And when I look inside my heart I still love him very much.. I told him we move on in life and forget everything in the past. I forgive and give him second chance, but if he do it again we will not discussion just end up. I told him I trust him again 100 % sound like silly, but that 's all I can do I told him I can't stop him from cheating, he have to stop him self. What can I do that I only pray and keep hope he will change and keep his promise. I'm not stupid or bad looking I have a good job and my owned business.. I only follow my heart what I can tell you that listen to your heart and let it be If you doubt about him don't be with him. If you love him give your self a chance, people may be using and hurting sometimes ,but who worth it.. think and choose wisely..

No offence but how is this of relation
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 1:25am On Mar 04, 2013
Hawtbabe: I met the dad physically. And after he uttered abortion he changed his mind and told me that he would marry me and change things around for his child.then we we're planning to go Nigeria to meet his parents before I started to show(this was before I met the dad).

I don't know about immigration in the UK but see if a child is necessary to prove no marriage sham occurred between the o pair of you.

Are you okay with him marrying you for papers potentially?
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 04, 2013
Red Flags, Red Flags.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 04, 2013
How do you guys get yourselves in such mess? Must one have to tell you before you make the right decisions? Why are you not strong- hearted and demand a relationship that eventually includes you, a relationship that is not one-sided?
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 1:32am On Mar 04, 2013
Honeyjay:

My family are concerned that I'm being used & my instincts are telling me to leave him. I'm too ashamed to tell them he has asked me to go to a registry. Am I being crazy or is he with me for stay. /

Awwww. It is unfortunate that you married a cheater...not necessarily a scammer which is what many women/men have experienced. I can imagine how you are feeling knowing that the man you love so much cheated on you and betrayed your trust. It can be difficult to trust someone who lives in the same house as you.

Lack of trust is a surefire way to destroy a marriage. How are you coping?
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 04, 2013
Never let wanton human emotions blind you to what's right in front of your nose. She says 'listen to your heart'. No, don't listen to your heart; listen to your head.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Hawtbabe: 1:34am On Mar 04, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Awwww. It is unfortunate that you married a cheater...not necessarily a scammer which is what many women/men have experienced. I can imagine how you are feeling knowing that the man you love so much cheated on you and betrayed your trust. It can be difficult to trust someone who lives in the same house as you.

Lack of trust is a surefire way to destroy a marriage. How are you coping?

Somebody else wrote that on my post
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Hawtbabe: 1:35am On Mar 04, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

I don't know about immigration in the UK but see if a child is necessary to prove no marriage sham occurred between the o pair of you.

Are you okay with him marrying you for papers potentially?

Absolutely not ok with it. I want to only get married once like my parents are.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 1:38am On Mar 04, 2013
sauer: How do you guys get yourselvs es in such mess? Must one have to tell you before you make the right decisions? Why are you not strong- hearted and demand a relationship that eventually includes you, a relationship that is not one-sided?

Saucer..you know that keen scammers know how to pick out the ones that love hard and will do anything in the name of love. When someone is in love it is hard to tell them that they are going down the wrong path. I was trying to help one chick that used to chat on Nairaland about her gullible ways even when she shared that she didn't trust the guy. I didn't quite understand how someone say in the same breath I don't trust him but I love him.

You can't be strong-hearted if you are clueless about love.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Honeyjay: 1:39am On Mar 04, 2013
He is living in my mother'scountry in Asia and I living in Scandinavia. We see each other every three months. I travel to see him almost ,but sometimes we met in Turkey he doesn't get visa to EU yet. He will done his Master International business program in June then we will getting marriage and he will apply for his resident visa to come to stay with me.. c[quote author=Hawtbabe][/quote]
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 1:39am On Mar 04, 2013
Hawtbabe:

Absolutely not ok with it. I want to only get married once like my parents are.

You deserve that suga. Just think about what I say okay?
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Hawtbabe: 1:40am On Mar 04, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You deserve that suga. Just think about what I say okay?
but do u think the dad is in on it?
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 1:41am On Mar 04, 2013
Honeyjay: He is living in my mother'scountry in Asia and I living in Scandinavia. We see each other every three months. I travel to see him almost ,but sometimes we met in Turkey he doesn't get visa to EU yet. He will done his Master International business program in June then we will getting marriage and he will apply for his resident visa to come to stay with me.. c

Oh my goodness!
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 1:43am On Mar 04, 2013
[quote author=Hawtbabe] but do u think the dad is in on it uote

It is possible....I think the reason you haven't met the mother because women will tell it. grin grin I think the father may have some ideas but I do not think he is encouraging his son to do wrong because it does reflect heavily on the family.

He may be telling his father one thing and you another thing.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Honeyjay: 1:48am On Mar 04, 2013
I don't know Nigerian people ,but as I know my fiance' he is a good guy..yes he cheated,but I give him a second chance if happen again he will never have chance.[quote author=Mrs.Chima]

Oh my goodness! [
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 1:50am On Mar 04, 2013
[quote author=Honeyjay][/quote]

Are you married or will get married?
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Hawtbabe: 1:52am On Mar 04, 2013
[quote author=Mrs.Chima][/quote] hmmmn but his dad was asking me questions about ny background and making an effort to know me. And asking me what his son is to me etc.
Re: Does He Really Love Me, Or Love My Citizenship? by Honeyjay: 1:53am On Mar 04, 2013
I will geting marriage in June..this year..
Mrs.Chima:

Are you married or will get married?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Debate: Who Should Be Blamed For Sex Before Marriage, Ladies Or Men? / Can You Marry A Non-graduate? / Why Do Ladies Draw Their Eye Brows This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.